Author Topic: DC & Marvel Animated Discussion  (Read 36331 times)

Description:

Offline what.the.hell.have.i

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
    • View Profile
DC & Marvel Animated Discussion
« on: July 03, 2009, 05:57:50 PM »
Awesome News! http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Superman-Animated-Series-Superman-Batman-Public-Enemies/12216

Superman: The Animated Series - 'Superman/Batman: Public Enemies' DTV Reunites Bruce Timm with Select Cast of Superman:TAS & Batman:TAS Exec. Prod. Timm brings Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly, Clancy Brown & Smallville's Allison Mack together!

Bruce Timm, who was a key producer on Superman: The Animated Series and Batman: The Animated Series, returns to the DC Universe once again with a newly announced direct-to-video (DTV) release scheduled to arrive from Warner Home Video on September 29th. And the voice cast is going to be exciting for fans, as it consists of Superman: TAS stars Tim Daly ("Clark Kent/Superman") and Clancy Brown ("Lex Luthor"), and Batman: TAS star Kevin Conroy ("Bruce Wayne/Batman"). Also among the voice cast are Allison Mack (Smallville), CCH Pounder (ER, The Shield, Justice League's "Amanda Waller"), and John C. McGinley (Scrubs, Justice League's "Ray Palmer/The Atom"). Here's the studio description of this release:

A desperate solution for a troubled country: Lex Luthor for President, with the Justice League in the service of the government. Only Batman and Superman stand against the new regime...and their disloyalty proves to be exactly what Luthor intended! Using their outcast status to instigate a scandal against Superman, Luthor finally tastes a victory in his vendetta against The Man of Steel.

From Executive Producer Bruce Timm, and voiced by the cast from both hit Batman and Superman animated TV series including Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly and Clancy Brown, this DC Universe Original Animated Movie of Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness's popular graphic novel seethes with political intrigue and action-packed battles between heroes all believing they're on the right side of the law.

Video is widecreen, in anamorphic on DVD and in high-definition on Blu-ray Disc. Audio on the DVD is English Dolby 5.1 and Spanish Stereo; the Blu-ray sound formats have not been specified just yet. All versions included English subtitles. This 75-minute DTV feature will come in three variations: a single-disc Superman/Batman: Public Enemies DVD ($19.98 SRP) with just the main feature, a Superman/Batman: Public Enemies - 2 Disc Special Edition DVD ($24.98 SRP) with the bonus material listed below, and a single-disc Superman/Batman: Public Enemies - Blu-ray Disc Special Edition version ($29.99 SRP) with additional BD-only bonus material, also listed below.

Also included on both Special Edition versions will be a Digital Copy of the feature. Following the list of bonus material below you will find package art for each versions of this title. An online trailer/preview and other information can be found at SupermanBatmanDVD.com.

Bonus Material on Superman/Batman: Public Enemies - 2 Disc Special Edition DVD and Superman/Batman: Public Enemies - Blu-ray Disc Special Edition:

* More Than 2 Hours of Extras on Blu-ray and 2-Disc Special Edition:
          o Sneak Peek at DC Universe's Upcoming Movie
          o Blackest Night: Inside the DC Comics Event
          o A Test of Minds: Superman and Batman featurette giving us a fresh and revitalized look at the team-up of Superman and Batman working together despite their often competitive and challenging relationship
          o Bruce Timm Presents 2 Bonus Cartoons
    * PLUS: Only on Blu-ray (Almost 4 Hours of Extras Total)
          o 20-Minute Wait: Reuniting the Superman/Batman Animated Series Casts hosted by Andrea Romano
          o An additional 4 Bonus Cartoons handpicked by Bruce Timm

You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline AndrewTS

• secure in his masculinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 07:02:55 PM »
Romano on voice direction--check.

Daly, Clancy Brown and Conroy--check.

Berkowitz apparently handling the screenplay--check.

Okay, this is sounding way, way better than the other DTVs they'd been making up until now (post JLU ending that is).
The geek shall inherit the earth.

"We're all geeks. I'm trying to reclaim that word, because a geek is just someone who carries the enthusiasm of childhood into adult life." -- Simon Pegg, co-writer/star of "Shaun of the Dead."

I gave up watching pro wrestling in favor of something better written, more coherent, and less insulting to my intelligence--girly comic books.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • Poster of the Year
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 07:28:48 PM »
I enjoyed Doomsday and New Frontier and yeah, this sounds even better. I almost made a thread about it the other day but ended up reserving my eagerness over the project to a wall post on a friend's facebook page.

That said, screw WB, screw Sony, screw Blu-Ray, and screw BR exclusive content. Thumbs down.

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 03:45:03 AM »
Echoing the complaints of Blu Ray exclusive content. I never thought I'd be buying the barebones DVD for The Dark Knight, but there you go. I literally saw the news of this after we were discussing the live action equivalent in The Avengers thread. Hopefully this will be even better than the Jeph Loeb dribble it derives from.

Offline Positively Kanyon

• Champagne
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 10:37:44 AM »
I also enjoyed Superman Doomsday, and I'm definitely looking forward to this!

Offline FUCK THIS BOARD & FUCK EVERYONE ON IT!

• CBright
  • 2016/17 Poster of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 02:56:54 PM »
Kevin Conroy should voice Batman in every animated form for the rest of his life. Ditto Clancy Brown for Luthor. I could go with Tim Daly or George Newbern for Superman.

HEY, TRTSM:

Quote from: Cowboy Numbers
same with cwm
he's a stay at home dad with no education
what's he gonna teach his kids? how to be a loser?

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 03:09:29 PM »
I echo those sentiments CBright. Both Daly and Newbern are great as Supes. I really liked Superman Doomsday as well.. Brainiac Attacks on the other hand.. *shudder*

Offline AndrewTS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 03:23:18 AM »
By and large, Marvel's animated features have su-uh-ucked, unfortunately.  Or otherwise paled compared to DC.  Kind of like most of their animated shows, really.

Although if they didn't wuss out on the violence, I'd love to see an animated Deadpool feature.  The Hulk Vs. stuff was a nice teaser for what could be.

"We're all geeks. I'm trying to reclaim that word, because a geek is just someone who carries the enthusiasm of childhood into adult life." -- Simon Pegg, co-writer/star of "Shaun of the Dead."

I gave up watching pro wrestling in favor of something better written, more coherent, and less insulting to my intelligence--girly comic books.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 04:35:23 AM »
Really? I wasn't a big fan of the Avengers ones (Ultimate, I didn't see the kids one), but I thought that Doctor Strange and Iron Man were pretty good. But you're right that they do pale in comparison to the DC stuff, so I gotta agree there.

Their more recent stuff seems to be getting better. The Hulk Vs stuff was great - especially the Wolverine one. Lots of blood and violence in that one.

Did anyone ever see the recent DC Wonder Woman feature? Worth picking up?

Oh, also, the Green Lantern: First Flight feature comes out on July 28th. Chris Meloni as GL and Michael Madsen as Kilowog. The trailer is at the link below..

http://www.warnervideo.com/greenlanterndvd/

Offline AndrewTS

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 05:03:59 AM »
Really? I wasn't a big fan of the Avengers ones (Ultimate, I didn't see the kids one), but I thought that Doctor Strange and Iron Man were pretty good. But you're right that they do pale in comparison to the DC stuff, so I gotta agree there.

Their more recent stuff seems to be getting better. The Hulk Vs stuff was great - especially the Wolverine one. Lots of blood and violence in that one.

Didn't care for the Avengers ones either, and especially not Strange.  Both of them seemed to suffer much the same issues, IMO:  dreadfully boring build for most of it, and then lots of action near the end but barely anything creative or memorable action-wise.  I could rattle off several memorable action scenes from the the Timmverse without much problem, but not from those features.   

Although I haven't seen the Iron Man one--it slipped under my radar since it was released alongside the movie and I can't think of anyone I know who saw it.  I didn't know that there was a stand-alone Wolverine one.

• CBright
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 05:50:56 AM »
You know, I'd like to see Bruce Timm do a Marvel animated movie sometime...but DC would be stupid to allow him to do it.

HEY, TRTSM:

same with cwm

Offline Anakin Flair

• Suplex City, Bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 02:07:10 PM »
For anyone interested, I just posted the comic inspiration for this movie in the Comic Request thread- Superman & Batman: World's Finest Issues 1-6.

Offline Frosty

• Just Hangin' Out
  • New Poster Who Should Be Posting
  • Slippery
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 04:40:16 PM »

I didn't know that there was a stand-alone Wolverine one.

There wasn't. It was one 1/2 of the "Hulk Vs."  DVD that was released. It was one half vs. Wolverine and one half vs. Thor.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 01:29:29 AM »
Yeah I was about to post the same thing. It might as well be a stand alone Wolverine movie though since he's in it more than Hulk actually is, heh. They use the same animation/voices from the Wolverine & The X-Men animated series universe so it's pretty well done. Deadpool is especially awesome in this feature!

• CBright
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 01:45:49 AM »
Yeah I was about to post the same thing. It might as well be a stand alone Wolverine movie though since he's in it more than Hulk actually is, heh. They use the same animation/voices from the Wolverine & The X-Men animated series universe so it's pretty well done. Deadpool is especially awesome in this feature!
[in slow motion]
NOOOOOOOOO! THAT WAS MY FAVORITE GUN!

HEY, TRTSM:

same with cwm

Offline AndrewTS

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 03:18:59 AM »
Surprisingly, skimming some reviews, it appears that Next Avengers isn't actually terrible.  Go figure.  Just by the cover I figured it would be bad (plus bearded Hulk made me think of Old Man Logan).

• Champagne
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 10:33:45 AM »
Surprisingly, skimming some reviews, it appears that Next Avengers isn't actually terrible.  Go figure.  Just by the cover I figured it would be bad (plus bearded Hulk made me think of Old Man Logan).

It's actually my favourite out of the three Ultimate Avengers movies, really well done and quite dark in some places.

Dr. Zaius

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 06:10:11 PM »
This isn't a DCAU feature is it?  Because they already did the Pres. Luthor storyline in the CADMUS arc, right?

For the record, I thought the Wonder Woman and Iron Man animated features were pretty good. 

• Poster of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 06:18:17 PM »
Nothing made since the JLU finale has ties to the DCAU continuity. These latest direct-to-DVD movies are set in their own storyline.

Dr. Zaius

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 07:44:52 PM »
So I wonder if the Public Enemies movie will feature most of the same characters as the book...particularly Power Girl, Capt. Atom, but hopefully NOT the shitty version of Supergirl that was around at the time.

Offline Lord Buckethead

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 04:13:35 AM »
Pretty interested in Public Enemies, but just wanted to throw out a reminder, Green Lantern: First Flight will be out in a few days to DVD.  Any early reviews?  It'll be interesting to see how it does seeing its the first Green Lantern solo film and won't reap the benefits of live action movie boost for a couple years.

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

My Half.com Store - Get Your Movies, Games and Music on the Cheap!

Offline luke-o

• Pack it in Frank you silly barstool!
  • www.thecollectorsroom.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • The LADcast - A weekly podcast from Luke and Drew (L.A.D - Geddit?)
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 10:29:12 AM »

I will eat all of your dicks if Daniel Bryan ACTUALLY cashes in his MITB at Wrestlemania
7 months and counting...

Offline AndrewTS

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 12:47:47 AM »
Hey old chums!
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0907/28/index.htm

Paul Dini has written "Chill of the Night!," the episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold that was touched upon at Comic-Con International last weekend.

Voices in the episode include Adam West as Thomas Wayne, Julie Newmar as Martha Wayne, Kevin Conroy as the Phantom Stranger and Mark Hamill as The Spectre.

Diedrich Bader, who provides the voice of Batman, said that Batman gets "a sense of closure" and that recording the episode actually made him cry.

Look for more Batman: The Brave and the Bold news soon here in The Continuum.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 01:20:09 AM »
How is Brave & Bold btw? I've never actually seen an episode? Overly "kiddy" or somewhere in between?

Offline Justice and Rule

• Dangle-Dangle
  • Nightwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2009, 04:35:54 AM »
It's not bad, actually. It's significantly more kiddish than previous incarnations, but the jokes are good, the plots are interesting, and if you're a comics fan you'll really love a lot of the references they make. They had a Bat-Mite episode recently that had a really good WB/Wackyland homage, and a lot of guys who never made it onto the screen (Guy Gardner, Owlman, the New Blue Beetle, etc...) make appearances.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 05:22:13 AM »
Guy Gardiner! Sold!!

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • Poster of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2009, 05:51:41 AM »
I watched "The New Adventures of Batman" on Teletoon Retro last night. That show makes Superfriends look like Justice League.

Offline pochorenella

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2009, 06:27:56 AM »
That Iron Man teaser is badass. Loved it.
You Wanted The Best, You GOT THE  BEST! THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD!! KISS!!!!

Offline pochorenella

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2009, 06:32:03 AM »
I watched "The New Adventures of Batman" on Teletoon Retro last night. That show makes Superfriends look like Justice League.
Which one was that? The series with Bat-Mite or the earlier ones a la Aquaman/Superman Hour?
You Wanted The Best, You GOT THE  BEST! THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD!! KISS!!!!

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • Poster of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 06:42:07 AM »
Bat-Mite and a very odd sounding Joker.

Offline pochorenella

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 07:18:33 AM »
Yeah, those were horrible. It was baffling the choice of costume/colors for Catwoman and The Riddler (who in fact I don't even remember being featured in any episode, just the opening credits). And that episode with the evil Mite from Bat-Mite's dimension really was the worst ever.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • Poster of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 07:28:00 AM »
Yeah, those were horrible. It was baffling the choice of costume/colors for Catwoman and The Riddler (who in fact I don't even remember being featured in any episode, just the opening credits). And that episode with the evil Mite from Bat-Mite's dimension really was the worst ever.

The episode I watched had a lot of short alien guys that looked kind of like Bat-Mite. I caught it late, but the plot seemed to be they locked up Joker, Penguin, and Catwoman for some reason and stole a power plant from Earth. Batman did whatever a Batman can and Bat-Mite did some magic and it all worked out. The best part was Batman freeing the rouge gallery from the aliens so he could immediately lock them up in something else.

Offline AndrewTS

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 07:41:37 AM »
How is Brave & Bold btw? I've never actually seen an episode? Overly "kiddy" or somewhere in between?

Decent but more kid-friendly than any of the Conroy Batman series, but it has some clever writing.  Think Silver Age Batman, but less crazy-prepared and more badass normal.  I saw a few episodes--one of them had the GL Corp temporarily give Batman Lantern-style powers, for instance. 

batman the brave and the bold - day of the dark knight part 1

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 08:36:09 AM »
Public Enemies trailer..

Batman and Superman Public Enemies

Offline pochorenella

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 08:59:09 AM »

The episode I watched had a lot of short alien guys that looked kind of like Bat-Mite. I caught it late, but the plot seemed to be they locked up Joker, Penguin, and Catwoman for some reason and stole a power plant from Earth. Batman did whatever a Batman can and Bat-Mite did some magic and it all worked out. The best part was Batman freeing the rouge gallery from the aliens so he could immediately lock them up in something else.
Yeah, that's the one. It also featured a terrible Clayface IIRC, possibly the worst version ever.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • Poster of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 11:07:51 AM »
Yes! That was the other villain, but damn if I could tell that. I thought maybe someone just got covered in mud. This show (along with 70s versions of Fantastic Four and Superman) were added to the Teletoon Retro line-up in Canada a few months ago but this was the first time I remembered to watch it. Awesome luck that I apparently watched the worst of the bunch.

• Poster of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 01:09:38 PM »
I love love love the show. I know I brought it up on the old board, hailing it as the perfect anecdote for years of grim Batman. Especially perfect for kids. I don't know where I'd be if I didn't grow up watching reruns of Adam West on The Family Channel. Plus, as if I needed any other reason to like the show other than the title character, Batman B&B went and handled Ted Kord dying than DC Comics. I'm so glad that Blue Beetle can finally be animated. Hopefully they can figure out a way to do a Blue and Gold episode soon. They've already had Booster on an episode, too.

Offline Justice and Rule

• Dangle-Dangle
  • Nightwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 01:18:13 PM »
A lot of crossover voices from JLU as well. Booster and Skeets were the same, and I'm sure a few others were the same as well. It's actually quite nice.

Offline griffinmills

• I finally changed this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2009, 07:07:48 PM »
I love love love the show. I know I brought it up on the old board, hailing it as the perfect anecdote for years of grim Batman. Especially perfect for kids. I don't know where I'd be if I didn't grow up watching reruns of Adam West on The Family Channel. Plus, as if I needed any other reason to like the show other than the title character, Batman B&B went and handled Ted Kord dying than DC Comics. I'm so glad that Blue Beetle can finally be animated. Hopefully they can figure out a way to do a Blue and Gold episode soon. They've already had Booster on an episode, too.

I'm not really sure that there needed to be an antidote to grim, gritty, Batman but I do agree the show is a decent alternative.  They seem really eager to showcase all kinds of characters from the DC universe and tend to pay proper respect in all cases.  I really like how they turned Red Tornado into an HK-47 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic video game) knock off making him fun to watch.  Also, having Aquaman be a braggart along the lines of the Thor (inspired from the Ultimate Avengers?) makes him less of a Seanbaby-esque joke.  R. Lee Ermey as wildcat was sweet too.

Things I didn't like?  Their Solomon Grundy seems kinda crap.  Joker is a bit too fake-dog-poo for me but I guess you can't play him too evil with this shows kid friendly slant or it goes dark overly quickly.

The show gets a lot of respect from me for directly addressing the "it's too kiddy" crowd in the Bat Mite episode.  Bat Mite takes the show to his home 5th dimension which is a lot like a certain comics convention.  At a "Q&A" panel, they read a prepared statement basically saying, "Hey, there is plenty of room for a lighter incarnation of Batman without soiling your dark knight reputation guys."

Weird stuff?  That Babyface character, that's getting close to Chairface Chippendale territory!

Edit:  On the topic of voices, I'm glad to have the band back together.  I'm a fan of Adam Baldwin so it's sad to see him gone after Doomsday but I'll take it if we get Conroy as Batman.  It's amazing the difference small touches like consistent voice actors make.

Offline pochorenella

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2009, 08:45:24 AM »
Yes! That was the other villain, but damn if I could tell that. I thought maybe someone just got covered in mud. This show (along with 70s versions of Fantastic Four and Superman) were added to the Teletoon Retro line-up in Canada a few months ago but this was the first time I remembered to watch it. Awesome luck that I apparently watched the worst of the bunch.
The 60s/70s Fantastic Four cartoon rules, so if you haven't checked it out try and do so, you won't regret it.
And just because I cannot recommend it enough, The Spectacular Spider-Man is really the best comic-book cartoon going right now, and without question the best Spidey cartoon ever.

Offline Lord Buckethead

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2009, 06:18:11 PM »
I'm watching Green Lantern right now and while I am enjoying it, hearing one of the villains voiced by Red from That 70s Show makes me giggle.

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

My Half.com Store - Get Your Movies, Games and Music on the Cheap!

• Champagne
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2009, 09:52:03 PM »
I thought Green Lantern First Flight was surprisingly good... As someone who's never really been into GL and didn't know what the hell it was all about, it did a fantastic job of explaining everything and it was just a really good movie overall.

Offline AndrewTS

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2009, 12:19:35 AM »
The 60s/70s Fantastic Four cartoon rules, so if you haven't checked it out try and do so, you won't regret it.

Is that the one with H.E.R.B.I.E. instead of Johnny?  :P

And just because I cannot recommend it enough, The Spectacular Spider-Man is really the best comic-book cartoon going right now, and without question the best Spidey cartoon ever.

Agreed, sadly who knows when we will actually get a season 3, if at all.  Greg Weisman always gets screwed now matter how awesome his shows are. :P

Offline Obi Chris Kenobi

• Citizen 128
  • Personal Text goes here, Venkman
    • View Profile
    • legitshook
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2009, 12:31:07 AM »
Whats the right Animated Batman series to start with?

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2009, 12:35:40 AM »

Offline Vampiro69

• North Dakota's #1 Arizona Cardinals Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2009, 04:39:39 PM »
Green Lantern: First Flight reminded me of the movie Training Day.  What was strange was that was what they were actually striving for.  In my opinion Meloni's voice was the weakest of the bunch.   Sinestro was great in the movie and I loved the Sinestro Corps uniform.

You can't stop him you can only hope to contain him!

• CBright
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2009, 10:12:16 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/index.html?curid=171478
And pretty much anything after that - Superman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Justice League (didnt really care much for season 1 but season 2 is gold), and Justice League Unlimited - is A+ material in my book.

HEY, TRTSM:

same with cwm

• Poster of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2009, 04:10:28 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/index.html?curid=171478
And pretty much anything after that - Superman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Justice League (didnt really care much for season 1 but season 2 is gold), and Justice League Unlimited - is A+ material in my book.

And if you don't want to or can't check out all the Superman episodes, at least track down the World's Finest three parter (it's on YouTube, as I'm sure most of these episodes are). There's also an episode with Batman and Ra's al Guhl and an episode where Superman takes over as Batman when Bruce goes missing, but I think it's part of the new Batman adventures. Some great non-Batman Superman episodes are Apokolips Now! parts 1 and 2 (you might want to figure out the episodes leading up to this; Darkseid's arrival is strongly foreshadowed in several episodes-Tools of the Trade, Fathers Day) and The Late Mr. Kent is one of those episodes the team was so good at, the kind that makes you go "This is a kid's show?". Also, you should track down the uncut Return of the Joker Batman Beyond movie and at least the episode Meltdown, chronologically, it's the final Mr. Freeze story in the DCAU.

• CBright
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2009, 07:25:28 AM »
God I love the DCAU.

I remember watching "The Late Mr. Kent" and "Apokolips Now Part 2" and being :o at the endings. I had never seen endings like those before on TV.

"HE'S SUPERMAN!"

HEY, TRTSM:

same with cwm

Offline AndrewTS

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2009, 08:27:02 AM »
Also, you should track down the uncut Return of the Joker Batman Beyond movie and at least the episode Meltdown, chronologically, it's the final Mr. Freeze story in the DCAU.

Hm, I had no idea that Victor Fries ever appeared in Beyond, although when I think about it, there's no reason he can't (with his condition making him "practically immortal").  That reminds me of when Walt Disney hired him to make himself like Freeze. :P

I still have the Beyond Season 1 set sitting here unopened, so I'll have to get around to watching that and picking up 2.  I pretty much avoided watching Beyond when it was on TV, because I didn't like the character designs or music, or really the whole EXTREEEEEME BATMAN!!!! vibe it gave off to me, but since then I'd heard I'd missed lots of good stuff (although I got Return of the Joker on DVD).

Also, I didn't realize it was out, but the Spectacular Spiderman Season 1 is out on DVD as a two-disc collection.  I'm glad I held out for a season set. :)