Author Topic: 2017 What Are Those Clowns in Washington Up To Now Thread  (Read 4199 times)

Description: House/Senate Hijinks

Offline Saddam of the 909

• Admin
Re: 2017 What Are Those Clowns in Washington Up To Now Thread
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2017, 10:23:29 AM »
Would have no chance whatsoever in any state in the country.

Offline Squad Goals

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2017, 10:34:00 AM »
I like Kid Rock but man, I hope Byron doesn't vote for him.

• KOAB
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2017, 10:34:33 AM »
Would have no chance whatsoever in any state in the country.

It is California doe...

• Admin
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2017, 10:36:26 AM »
A Republican in California

• KOAB
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2017, 10:41:15 AM »
That's what they always say when a celeb runs... and then they win.

• Admin
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2017, 10:43:25 AM »
Nobody likes Jenna Bruce though. And Republicans ain't voting for Jenna Bruce.

Also in this state we have a primary that usually ends up with Democrats running against each other in the general election.

Kid Rock I can see though. People in the middle of the country are clearly retarded. Offense intended.  Michigan wound up voting for a party that ruined clean water after all.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2017, 01:10:07 PM »
Has California learned its lesson after voting in many Republicans over the years?

• Admin
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2017, 01:14:57 PM »
California hasn't had a Republican senator since 1992. In our last Senate election, no Republican made it out of the primary. The largest vote percentage any of them garnered was 7.8%.

The last Republican governor of California got that spot in large part because there were power outages every day.

Democrats currently have a supermajority in both state legislatures. I believe this is the only place in the entire country where that is the case. The primary system here makes it extremely difficult for Republicans to contest state-wide elections. The top two vote-getters pass through the primary regardless of political party. Also, because the state is so big, there is no way the state Republican party would ever coalesce around one candidate for the primaries. Same with the Democrats, but there are simply more of us.

So yes. Not only that, but remaining Republicans in this state are way too far to the right to ever back a transgendered person. They're at the level of a deep red state, quite religious, and not remotely moderate. The GOP is a bad brand in this state. Because of all those things listed above, I will probably never move out of the area.

Their way to win in this state would be a result of extreme mismanagement by the ruling party, which isn't occurring at this stage.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• the whole thing is tainted with the memory of the farts
  • stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2017, 11:48:44 PM »
Michigan wound up voting for a party that ruined clean water after all.

It was mostly black people's water tho
All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2017, 01:17:17 AM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/342618-conservatives-target-congress-not-trump-after-healthcare-collapse
Conservatives target Congress, not Trump, after healthcare collapse
BY JORDAN FABIAN AND JONATHAN EASLEY - 07/19/17 06:00 AM EDT

Conservatives are lashing out at the Republican-controlled Congress over the lack of progress on President Trump’s agenda.

One by one, conservative groups lined up to blame Congress — not the president — for the collapse of Senate Republicans’ effort to repeal and replace ObamaCare.

“It’s shocking the amount of pushback he’s getting from his own party,” said Carl Higbie, a former spokesman for the pro-Trump Great America PAC. “It’s time to primary some of these longstanding congressional leaders that can’t get the job done.”

Conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt trained his ire on Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nev.), arguably the most endangered GOP Senate incumbent in 2018, for opposing the repeal and replace bill.

Hewitt questioned Heller’s intelligence, saying on his Tuesday show that he’s not “sharpest knife in the drawer” and accusing him of not grasping the damage he was doing to the Republican Party.

Hewitt even compared the list of Republican defectors from the bill to a fictional list kept by Arya Stark, a character on HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” of people who have been marked for revenge after wronging her family.

“We know the list to blame. It's like #AryaStark list. And it just keeps getting longer,” Hewitt tweeted.

Hewitt said that, along with Heller, Sens. Ron Johnson (Wis.), Susan Collins (Maine), Rand Paul (Ky.) and Mike Lee (Utah) belong on that list for opposing the bill.

Tea Party Patriots co-founder Mark Meckler fumed, ticking through the names of senators who he said abandoned conservative voters by opposing a subsequent measure to repeal the Affordable Care Act and put off replacement.

“[Alaska Sen. Lisa] Murkowski, [West Virginia Sen. Shelley Moore] Capito and Collins. People are furious. And not one ounce of it is directed at Trump,” Meckler said.

The Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF), which funded ads in the past against Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and other Republicans, vowed to back primary challenges against Republicans who did not back the repeal and replace efforts.

“Republicans have promised to repeal ObamaCare for years, and now with President Trump in the White House there is no excuse for them to break their promise,” said SCF chairman Ken Cuccinelli.

The outrage illustrated the intraparty divisions that have opened up in the Republican Party over healthcare and could imperil other parts of Trump’s agenda.

The defeat on healthcare marks a significant loss for the White House.

During the 2016 campaign, Trump promised voters he would secure the repeal of ObamaCare on “day one” of his presidency. 

The House passed legislation to repeal and replace former President Obama’s healthcare law in May, with Trump staging a raucous celebration in the Rose Garden with House Republican lawmakers later that day.

But the effort has ground to a halt in the Senate, where GOP leaders do not even have the votes to bring legislation repealing ObamaCare to the floor.

The healthcare measure ate up precious days on the congressional calendar, while its collapse raises doubts about lawmakers’ ability to tackle tax reform. The prospects for action this year on an infrastructure package appear increasingly dim.

The legislative logjam has left Trump without a signature legislative achievement six months into his first year in office, setting off a circular firing squad on the right over who is to blame.

But some conservatives say that backing primary challenges to GOP lawmakers is a dangerous game to play.

Great America PAC Chairman Ed Rollins told The Hill he wouldn’t target specific Republicans at this point.

“It doesn’t work to threaten members of Congress,” Rollins said. “When you threaten vulnerable members, it just causes the troops to rally around them. You don’t line up candidates to run against them either. You reach out and ask how you can work together and what you can do to help them get reelected.”

The political action committee is seeking to exert more subtle pressure on members of Congress. It sent a mailer out Tuesday demanding Republicans get behind full repeal, and it plans to release digital ads pushing full repeal later this week.

Rollins said the events should be a learning experience for the president. He said the White House shouldn’t spend any more political capital on the issue until House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and McConnell can get their conferences in order and deliver a bill that is sure to pass.

“I wouldn’t get behind anything until they show me they have 218 signatures in the House and 51 in the Senate,” Rollins said.

The Drudge Report placed the blame right on Ryan and McConnell, with the heavily trafficked site's banner all day Tuesday showing a photo of Ryan and McConnell over the headline "MOST UNPRODUCTIVE CONGRESS IN 164 YEARS."

The White House sought to deflect blame away from Republican lawmakers.

Asked during an off-camera briefing who she believes is responsible for the healthcare bill’s collapse, White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders blamed Democrats.

“They're responsible for passing ObamaCare,” she said. “They're responsible for creating the mess that we're in. They're responsible for being unwilling to work with Republicans in any capacity to help fix a system that they know is completely flawed and have publicly said so.”

Trump said Tuesday that he would have to "get more Republicans elected in ’18" in order to advance his agenda and that “I’ll be working very hard for that to happen."

Sanders, citing a law that bars some federal employees from engaging in political activity, refused to say whether Trump would campaign for Heller and Sen. Jeff Flake (Ariz.), two Republican senators who opposed the healthcare bill.

Trump couldn’t help but vent some frustration at Congress, telling reporters how he heard Republican lawmakers talk for seven years about the need to repeal and replace ObamaCare.

Given the chance to do so, “they don’t take advantage of it,” he said.

“I’m sitting in the Oval Office right next door, pen in hand, waiting to sign something,” Trump said.

Some Republicans believe the president is responsible for the repeal and replace effort’s collapse. They say he failed to learn the details of his biggest legislative initiative, did little to sell it and sent mixed messages about what he wanted.

For example, Trump on Monday night called on the Senate to first repeal ObamaCare and then pass a replacement later.

“Republicans should just REPEAL failing ObamaCare now & work on a new Healthcare Plan that will start from a clean slate. Dems will join in!” he tweeted.

But on Tuesday morning, he floated a completely different proposal — letting the healthcare law fail on its own.

“As I have always said, let ObamaCare fail and then come together and do a great healthcare plan. Stay tuned!” he tweeted.

I'm starting to feel a little optimistic about 2018 for the first time. The Republicans are ready to eat themselves alive, fat on victory and too stupid to realize the meat they keep biting into is connected to their body.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2017, 01:28:33 AM »
"WILL THEY BOTCH TAXES NEXT?" is a massive headline on Drudge right now. Setting Congress up for failure, tsk tsk. I guess these nuts really never had policies in mind, they just want to watch things burn down around them. No wonder Shitbag's a perfect fit.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2017, 01:22:37 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/344552-pelosi-unimportant-to-win-midterm-elections
Pelosi: 'Unimportant' to win midterm elections
BY MALLORY SHELBOURNE - 07/30/17 08:14 PM EDT  466

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Sunday said it is “unimportant” for Democrats to win the midterm elections in 2018.

During an appearance on “Fox News Sunday,” host Chris Wallace asked Pelosi to estimate the chances that Democrats win back the lower chamber back in 2018 and whether she would run again for speaker if they did.

“That’s so unimportant. What is important is that we have the lively debate on a better deal,” Pelosi said.

“Better pay. Better jobs and a better future. And that’s what we look forward to having. And we have unity in our party. You saw it with the fight on the Affordable Care Act in the House and in the Senate."

Wallace during the interview also asked Pelosi if Democrats need newer leaders, noting that the members of her party’s House leadership are all over 75.

“I am a master legislator. I know the budget to the n-th degree. I know the motivation of people,” responded Pelosi, who has faced criticism from some in her party recently.

“I respect the people who are in Congress. I think this is a great moment for those of us who understand what is at stake with the Affordable Care Act.”

“So I feel very confident about the support that I have in my caucus. I have never not been opposed within my caucus,” Pelosi added.

Democrats sought to make several special elections earlier this year a referendum on President Trump's first several months in office, but Republicans managed to hold onto all of the seats vacated by the president's Cabinet nominees.
This is all why I've damn near turned my back on the party and why I like this guy. He may be ambitious, but he's pissing off the right people.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2017, 12:53:58 AM »
I think she's saying that it's better to focus on better legislative results that actually impact peoples' lives than just focusing on winning. The ruling elite Party is doing fine with that. The Dems have tried to win first and deal with being horrible later approach for a while. It hasnt worked. So, I think, she might be arguing that they should spend the next 15 months focusing on doing as good a job as possible and making that coherent to the public. Just Win Baby hasnt been working for Democrats; maybe fixing the Democratic image across the country will help more than just taking the TV game show approach (a market already cornered by the opposition party anyway).

I dont think she is saying that Democrats should just sit 2018 out. But I can see how easy it would be for anyone bought into the false equivalency idea to quickly take that conclusion.

Offline Czech

• Boardrunner Emeritus
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2017, 01:30:28 AM »
The Democrats have resigned themselves to being a permanent minority due to voter suppression and gerrymandering, and figure as long as they have the White House they can get around that. Great plan until it isn't. I know it's a tough road ahead but I would really like to see them win back seats, especially at the state level, before the Kochs can force the constitutional convention they want, which they're very close to doing. I don't think the Constitution is perfect, but I like it better than the one the Kochs would write.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2017, 04:28:17 AM »
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/11/16458142/congress-alzheimers-pharmacist

At first it’s cool, and then you realize, I’m filling some drugs that are for some pretty serious health problems as well. And these are the people that are running the country,” Kim said, listing treatments for conditions like diabetes and Alzheimer’s.

“It makes you kind of sit back and say, ‘Wow, they’re making the highest laws of the land and they might not even remember what happened yesterday.'”

Makes you feel good doesn't it?

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2017, 02:06:53 PM »

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2017, 01:47:35 PM »

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2017, 12:44:23 AM »
FOX NEWS went rouge!

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/12/09/paul-ryan-wants-to-cut-medicare-and-stick-to-gops-base.html

"House Speaker Paul Ryan wants to cut Medicare, punishing a key part of the GOP’s base – older Americans"

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2017, 04:11:07 AM »
PublicPolicyPolling polled 36 GOP held districts. Link to twitter thread on results:

?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

spoiler: PublicPolicyPolling‏Verified account
@ppppolls
 20h20 hours ago
More
So that's 25 GOP held districts we've polled where the client chose to release the poll and a Democrat's been ahead. And of course we haven't polled everywhere. 11 other GOP districts we've polled it's close

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2017, 12:23:54 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/marco-rubio-tax-bill-probably-223145071.html

Rubio expressed his reservations in an interview with southwest Florida’s News-Press Thursday, noting he thinks Republicans probably gave corporations too much of a handout.

“If I were king for a day, this tax bill would have looked different,” he said. “I thought we probably went too far on [helping] corporations.”

The senator believes the bill ― which is projected to add $1.4 trillion to the deficit over the next decade unless it can offset those losses via economic growth ― probably won’t result in multinational corporations investing their sudden windfall in hiring and expanding.

Instead, it’s more likely to line the pockets of their shareholders.

“By and large, you’re going to see a lot of these multinationals buy back shares to drive up the price,” Rubio predicted. “Some of them will be forced, because they’re sitting on historic levels of cash, to pay out dividends to shareholders.

“That isn’t going to create dramatic economic growth.”

Offline Gary

• "I'll just get my gear."
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2018, 06:32:55 AM »
Orrin Hatch is retiring, and Mitt Romney might replace him.

I AM THE CHEESE! I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW!! I AM BETTER THAN BOTH THE SALAMI AND THE BOLOGNA COMBINED!!

someone on here just called me a "Cunk" because my wife wont let me buy a harp.

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2018, 07:13:16 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/09/sen-dianne-feinstein-unilaterally-releases-fusion-gps-testimony.html

Here are some of the highlights:

Steele, Simpson testified, told him the FBI also had a source inside the Trump operation, although he wasn't sure whether that meant the presidential campaign or the Trump Organization. The bureau was more inclined to believe Steele's information, he said, "because they had other intelligence that indicated the same thing, and one of those pieces of intelligence was a human source from inside the Trump organization." NBC News' Ken Dilanian later tweeted that the supposed walk-in source "was a mischaracterization by Simpson of the Australian diplomat tip about Papadopoulis."

Simpson touched on how the Trump Organization handles paying taxes: "One of the things we found out was that, you know, when it comes to paying taxes, Donald Trump claims to not have much stuff. At least the Trump organization. So they would make filings with various state and local authorities saying that their buildings weren't worth much."

Simpson discussed Trump's relationship with Sater: "This was something he didn't want to talk about and testified under oath he wouldn't know Felix if he ran into him in the street. That was not true. He knew him well and, in fact, continued to associate with him long after he learned of Felix's organized crime ties. So, you know, that tells you something about somebody."

Fusion GPS Joshua Levy claimed that someone died as a result of the dossier: "Somebody's already been killed as a result of the publication of this dossier and no harm should come to anybody related to this honest work."

Fusion GPS did not secure full access to Trump's tax returns, Simpson said: "They were Trump properties and I believe we may have reviewed some public information about estate taxes and things like that. We didn't have access to his tax returns."

Simpson said he only become aware of the infamous Trump Tower meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and a Russian lawyer when it was reported in the New York Times: "I was stunned."

Simpson had no "factual reason to believe" the Trump Tower meeting was a Russian attempt to make contact with the Trump campaign, but: "You know, as a sort of question of counterintelligence and just general investigation of Russian methods and that sort of thing, I think that's a reasonable interpretation."

Fusion GPS concluded that Trump "exaggerated" his properties' worth in legal filings — but that did not indicate or show connections to Russia: "Not that I recall."

Simpson said Trump's country clubs aren't making any money: "They were not profitable entities. I don't specifically recall. I just remember that these were not doing very well and that he'd sunk a lot of money into them and he hadn't gotten a lot of money back yet."

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2018, 07:22:29 PM »
Devin Nunes is really upset and has been on fox news crying about getting made fun of by Colbert because he got shamed in this segment: