Author Topic: Bad movies 2017  (Read 4223 times)

Description:

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
    • View Profile
Re: Bad movies 2017
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2017, 07:06:11 PM »
I just watched The Circle at a 2nd run theater. What the FUCK was that?
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2017, 04:41:59 AM »
Damn, it was bad? I was looking forward to watching it, just not enough to drop movie theater prices on it. The cast seemed very solid.

What was "what the fuck" about it?

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2017, 06:46:59 AM »
The cast was solid. And I didn't realize Patton Oswalt was in it so that was a pleasant surprise. But if it doesn't have that cast I doubt it gets a theatrical release, because it's a complete mess. Plot points are brought up and just dropped repeatedly, or don't make any sense. It's a message movie about privacy, except it doesn't actually know what it's message is or how to properly present it.

Online CENA ❤️ ORTON

• I WILL NEVER "PIMP"
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2017, 05:47:41 AM »
The Last Face (which was directed by Sean Penn and premiered to overwhelmingly negative reviews) is the only movie that most critics seem to agree sucks.

Also, the latest "Transformers" movie apparently implies that
Spoiler: show
the Transformers helped Fredric Douglas and Harriet Tubman free the slaves.

I AM THE CHEESE! I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW!! I AM BETTER THAN BOTH THE SALAMI AND THE BOLOGNA COMBINED!!

"This Whole Thing Smacks Of Gender," i holler as i overturn my uncle's barbeque grill and turn the 4th of July into the 4th of Shit

Online CENA ❤️ ORTON

• I WILL NEVER "PIMP"
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2017, 06:04:55 AM »
Two notable bad movies I've seen thus far

-The Bye Bye Man is hilarious. Everybody in the movie is the stupidest human being imaginable, the performances (especially from the lead) are atrocious, and in spite of the "don't think it don't say it" gimmick, people regularly do this. I hope this becomes a cult favorite for bad movie lovers in the future.

-The Assignment-oof, what happened to Walter Hill? The premise is that Michelle Rodriguez (who's actually not bad as far as acting is concerned) plays a hit man. Yes, she starts out playing a man, and
we even see the dick.
Well, she's captured and transitioned into a woman by a vengeful doctor played by Sigorney Weaver, and then it's time for payback, poorly thought out comic book style transitions ala the directors cut of "The Warriors", and none of it is exciting. In spite of the potentially offensive premise, it's ultimately just a bore, and it sucks to see the man who gave us "48 Hours" and "The Driver" actually made this. Granted, he's made shitty movies before, but it's still depressing to see.

I AM THE CHEESE! I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW!! I AM BETTER THAN BOTH THE SALAMI AND THE BOLOGNA COMBINED!!

"This Whole Thing Smacks Of Gender," i holler as i overturn my uncle's barbeque grill and turn the 4th of July into the 4th of Shit

Online CENA ❤️ ORTON

• I WILL NEVER "PIMP"
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2017, 05:50:21 AM »

Offline Lord Buckethead

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2017, 06:05:03 AM »
Can't wait for a straight to video sequel for Martin Short's Clifford

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

My Half.com Store - Get Your Movies, Games and Music on the Cheap!

Offline strummer

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2017, 08:03:19 AM »
Well at least we know Lou Diamond Phillips is still alive.

Siskel busting on Elbert for giving Cop and a Half a thumbs up is probably still by fav.  S & E moment of all time

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2017, 04:04:59 AM »
-The Bye Bye Man is hilarious. Everybody in the movie is the stupidest human being imaginable, the performances (especially from the lead) are atrocious, and in spite of the "don't think it don't say it" gimmick, people regularly do this. I hope this becomes a cult favorite for bad movie lovers in the future.

My wife and I Redboxed it a month or so back and it's just awful on all fronts.  They had a good idea here, but the performances killed it.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2017, 04:39:13 AM »
So about Wish Upon....

This was absurdly awful to the already low standards of PG-13. The acting particularly was SO FREAKIN BAD. The main gal was easily one of the most hard to support leads in horror history as she kept making really superficial judgment calls and would keep fucking up and there is no way anyone could sympathize with her. I guess that was the point as the ending was
her eventual death from playing against the rules of the "killer box" and sealed her own fate.

I think there is a bit of entertainment factor in this as the kills are so stupid that they are very much unintentionally funny. They try to nod to some of the deaths in the Final Destination series by leading up like crazy to them and teasing particular close-calls until they finally swerve a swerve and kill off a character. This was probably the silliest part of the film in that it went far too much into the teasing route and by the time they delivered, it was already past the point of giving a fuck about it.

For a really ridiculous lame-ass horror, the star power was stronger than I expected. That's bout the best I can say.

Online KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • View Profile
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2017, 10:47:16 AM »

How the fuck is this a thing?

Offline Sabre

• That's How I Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2017, 07:04:34 PM »
I'm shocked it took 16 years to cash grab tbh.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2017, 02:05:21 AM »
When the first WWI, WWII, and Vietnam based movies first started dropping, I wonder what the general mood was towards them. Were the first couple also terribly done cash grabs? Was "too soon" a thing?

Online KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • View Profile
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2017, 10:38:04 AM »
When the first WWI, WWII, and Vietnam based movies first started dropping, I wonder what the general mood was towards them. Were the first couple also terribly done cash grabs? Was "too soon" a thing?

Well, most WWII-era movies were meant as morale boosters and basically served as propaganda to new recruits and the public that this was a just cause.  Just look up Frank Capra's Why We Fight series on YouTube and a Netflix series called Five Came Back.  Most other stuff depicted Hitler as an idiot if it was a comedy/cartoon and was really racist when it came to Japan (look up Bugs Nips the Nips). Stuff that came later in the 50s and 60s (The Longest Day) still romanticized it.

I think it was Apocalypse Now that really turned the tide.  It fed off the public opinion against the war and the fact that it was the first war to get nightly TV news coverage so people already knew how awful war really can be.  Plus that was the age of grindhouse cinema so a lot of knockoffs came out along with films about the troubled Vietnam vet coming home to scorn and going apeshit.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
    • View Profile
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2017, 12:30:58 AM »
We got some great legit candidates this weekend...

A Family Man is getting ripped with an average 3.5/10(!) score thus far. Lot of the reviews say Gerard Butler is decent but its melodramatic and mostly a vehicle to showcase his range rather than be a good movie. "A Chicago personnel recruiter (Gerald Butler) is hungry to stay on top of his competitive profession, but when his son (Max Jenkins) is diagnosed with cancer, his priorities are called into question."

The Last Face is scoring a 2.6/10 off 26 reviews thus far. Directed by Sean Penn and starring Charlize Theron, it sounds like a preachy director led concept: "... Centers around a love affair between Dr. Wren Petersen (Charlize Theron), the director of an international aid organization and Dr. Miguel Leon (Javier Bardem), a relief-aid doctor. Set against the devastating backdrop of war-torn Liberia, Miguel and Wren must find a way to keep their relationship alive in extraordinarily difficult conditions battling their mutual passion for the value of life matched by the intensity of their diametrically opposed opinions on how best to solve the conflict that surrounds them."

Online CENA ❤️ ORTON

• I WILL NEVER "PIMP"
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2017, 08:29:24 AM »

A Family Man is getting ripped with an average 3.5/10(!) score thus far. Lot of the reviews say Gerard Butler is decent but its melodramatic and mostly a vehicle to showcase his range rather than be a good movie. "A Chicago personnel recruiter (Gerald Butler) is hungry to stay on top of his competitive profession, but when his son (Max Jenkins) is diagnosed with cancer, his priorities are called into question."

The Last Face is scoring a 2.6/10 off 26 reviews thus far. Directed by Sean Penn and starring Charlize Theron, it sounds like a preachy director led concept: "... Centers around a love affair between Dr. Wren Petersen (Charlize Theron), the director of an international aid organization and Dr. Miguel Leon (Javier Bardem), a relief-aid doctor. Set against the devastating backdrop of war-torn Liberia, Miguel and Wren must find a way to keep their relationship alive in extraordinarily difficult conditions battling their mutual passion for the value of life matched by the intensity of their diametrically opposed opinions on how best to solve the conflict that surrounds them."

I read a review on Letterboxd that says there's a scene where
people just quote Red Hot Chili Peppers as dialogue, then talk about how great they are. Like, this is something done without a trace of irony.

Offline Epic Reine

• Reine of Terror
  • Death Pool Winner
  • Epic Reine
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2017, 10:42:50 AM »
The Last Face was the film that was booed at Cannes last year.

What was the last decent film Sean Penn was associated with? The dude really buys into his hype. I remember thinking The Gunman was unwatchably bad.

Online CENA ❤️ ORTON

• I WILL NEVER "PIMP"
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2017, 07:16:53 AM »
The Emoji Movie...yep My favorite pull quote

The Poochie of movies.

Online #The Return

• brock lock
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2017, 07:37:53 AM »

What was the last decent film Sean Penn was associated with? The dude really buys into his hype. I remember thinking The Gunman was unwatchably bad.

Tree of Life. He's been on a pretty bad run lately.

And Emoji Movie will probably make 400 million domestic regardless. Reading some of those critic quotes

It's not the worst thing ever made, but it is seemingly afraid to commit to being a coming-out parable.

wait, what?

Online CENA ❤️ ORTON

• I WILL NEVER "PIMP"
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2017, 07:56:49 AM »

Tree of Life. He's been on a pretty bad run lately.

And Emoji Movie will probably make 400 million domestic regardless. Reading some of those critic quotes

It's not the worst thing ever made, but it is seemingly afraid to commit to being a coming-out parable.

wait, what?

According to this interview

How do you relate to the story of Gene and his journey throughout the movie?

Well for me growing up a gay kid, I always felt kind of other than everyone else and excluded in a way. So the idea of being different in a world that expects you to be one thing. And I realized soon after that, everyone feels different, everyone feels other. We all feel like there’s maybe something wrong with us or we’re different. That’s what we try to find in animated movies, those concepts that everyone can connect to. So for me it was very personal and very broad at the same time, very universal – personal and universal. That’s where it came for me, and the idea of how we all when we grow up different or feeling excluded, is that the path is you start to appreciate your differences and a lot of times it’s because someone else will love you for them or the challenges you go through in life and you start to realize maybe different isn’t bad and hopefully at the end of our journeys we can realize being different and being ourselves, we cherish that part of ourselves, and so that’s the journey that [Gene] goes on.

Online #The Return

• brock lock
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2017, 02:10:09 AM »

I watched the trailer for this and good lord. I can understand Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina being in this because they slum it in shitty movies all the time, but how did Alison Brie get roped into this in what looks to be a nothing role? Gerard's name is Dane Jensen which is the worst movie name this side of Cade Yeager from the Transformer movies.

I might be willing to spend the ten bucks and get this on demand.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2017, 07:14:33 PM »
I just saw The Mummy.

Alex Kurtzman? More like Alex Please Stop Making and Writing Movies, Man.

Online #The Return

• brock lock
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2017, 03:02:48 AM »
The Dark Tower is at 18% on Rotten Tomatoes. I wasn't expecting it to be a reat film but given the cast I'm a little surprised it's apparently that bad. Maybe the production woes and Akiva Goldsman being apart of the team that wrote it should've clued me in. The McConaissance might sadly be over as his last couple films haven't been great (The Sea Of Trees, Gold, Free State Of Jones and now this).

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2017, 04:16:47 AM »
The Dark Tower is at 18% on Rotten Tomatoes. I wasn't expecting it to be a reat film but given the cast I'm a little surprised it's apparently that bad. Maybe the production woes and Akiva Goldsman being apart of the team that wrote it should've clued me in. The McConaissance might sadly be over as his last couple films haven't been great (The Sea Of Trees, Gold, Free State Of Jones and now this).

It's playing at the drive in with Baby Driver. So I'm likely seeing it this weekend. My expectations are pretty low. I don't think the story works as a movie

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2017, 04:22:22 AM »
Halle Berry's Kidnap has gotten a 4.3/10 off 17 reviews. I was getting heavy vibes of her 2013 film, The Call from this one so I'm not surprised it looks like a fairly bad film.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2017, 04:28:12 AM »
Halle Berry's Kidnap has gotten a 4.3/10 off 17 reviews. I was getting heavy vibes of her 2013 film, The Call from this one so I'm not surprised it looks like a fairly bad film.

Yeah. That trailer gave me the same vibe

this looks like a load of shit

Online CENA ❤️ ORTON

• I WILL NEVER "PIMP"
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2017, 05:31:22 AM »

Yeah. That trailer gave me the same vibe

this looks like a load of shit

You know, I feel like you could actually remake "Death Wish." Granted, I'd go more the route of something like "Rolling Thunder" than I would the franchise (though I enjoy the first three movies in it), but that would be the best way to do it IMO. This...not so much.

I've given up on Eli Roth at this point.

Online #The Return

• brock lock
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2017, 08:51:33 AM »
I hope Sway gets some scenes to showcase his acting chops.

Bruce Willis has only tried maybe twice in the last ten years (Looper, Moonrise Kingdom) and Eli Roth's last few movies have been terrible. So, I can't see this ended up as anything but bad.

That Kevin Bacon movie Death Sentence worked well enough as a quasi Death Wish remake.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2017, 04:33:38 AM »
The Dark Tower...

Here goes. Pretty spoiler free.

Most reviews I read for The Dark Tower compared it to YA movies based on books. And it totally felt that way. Much because so much was focus on the child, Jake. And McConaughey's portrayal of The Man In Black.

You'd never know from this movie that this was a bad ass book series with many characters and settings. It's pretty much Roland, a tiny bit of his father, Jake, and The Man in Black. That's about it from the books. There's some townsfolk that I can't remember if they were specifically from the books or not. And you get the nameless henchmen with changing faces from book seven.

The kid the played Jake Chambers was solid. I have no complaints about him what so ever. Idris is Idris. He was solid and seemed to be taking the material and the character of Roland very seriously.

Matthew McConaughey. Alright. He's obviously a great actor. But he didn't come off well here at all. The writing for him was insanely bad. Most of the lines he delivered sounded like the worst stuff you'd hear from a b-movie, or as mentioned before, a YA movie. There was just too much cheese. And I'm not blaming him entirely. He really didn't stand a chance with what was written for him.

This just shouldn't have been a 90 minute movie. They gave a very bare bones description that there's the Dark Tower. If it falls shit goes bad. The movie seemed to use a little bit from each book and it just didn't work. It'd be like talking Game of Thrones and telling a story in two episodes. The way the movie ended it'd be perfectly plausible that it's wrapped and we're done. They left it open that there could be more to come. But it's a start to finish story for the most part.

In the end I didn't hate this movie. It was a missed opportunity to tell a great story. Again, Roland and Jake were well represented here. If this is the only Dark Tower story we get then I'm glad it exists. But I hope this movie doesn't cost us another shot at putting the series out there. I know there are talks of a tv series, but a decade ago they were also talking about the Deadwood movie that has still yet to happen.

IMDB has this at a 6 right now. That's fair. If you're a fan of he series I'd say give it a shot. If you're not then maybe wait until it's on HBO.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2017, 05:23:43 AM »
I think what got me irked about Dark Tower was that it was really moving at a breakneck pace and because of that, the narrative fell way apart. There was far too many brief flashbacks to things that I wasnt even sure was relevant in the whole story (a story that I was not familiar with). Plus it just felt way too jumbled together as a whole. Trying to fit the concepts and ideas of many books into one film is certainly hard but they did themselves no favors then only clearing this at an hour and half and thats with the credits, meaning only really 75-80 minutes of story. That's just not enough time to flesh out a long winded and complex story as well as the characters involved. For instance, the way they handled a death of a main characters family member was completely TNA-esque in that they never even gave it time, just brushed it away and moved on without any sentiment involved. Plus the ending just kind of came out of nowhere and the build up was lacking alot to that.

It was very sad that M.M. really wasnt given better material to work with here. I agree that his lines were horrible and the execution of his character as a whole was very haphazard.

On the plus side, the effects were alright and I saw this in a Dolby Atmos theater and HOLY SHIT, talk about an amped auditory experience at least.

Online CENA ❤️ ORTON

• I WILL NEVER "PIMP"
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2017, 06:40:26 AM »
Did you know there's a sequel to "The Nut Job"? Well, it's out tomorrow, and Jeff Dunham and Jackie Chan are in it.

Offline Čœrêÿ Łåżárüß

• Live Tax Free or Die
  • everyone gets laid
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2017, 11:05:50 AM »
Annabelle Creation commits the worst sin a movie can: it's a fucking cure for insomnia. Give me shit like Contracted or other overhype deathwave indie bullshit over this Nickelback tribute band of a "horror" flick.
occasionally streaming sexy things, click below for details

It gets insane, and really speaks to how dumded down we are

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2017, 02:15:44 PM »
I saw Dark Tower today. As someone who has not read the books, it's bad but it's not terrible or LOL or WTF bad. The break neck speed at least kept it moving and I wasn't bored. And Matthew McConaughey is really bad but he's not go out and see for his performance bad. Also Dennis Hasbert OOFN.

Re: Nutjob 2. They originally had it as a May release and I was laughing my ads off at the idea of it competing with May and June movies, but sadly they moved it to FUCK YOU it's August where it belongs if they refuse to release it in FUCK YOU it's January.

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2017, 07:08:35 AM »
I was so hoping Annabelle would be good like the second Quijia movie, but it....okay? Slow, ploddingetc. I do hope for a third one because I'm a sucker for creepy dolls

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2017, 07:59:32 AM »
I was so hoping Annabelle would be good like the second Quijia movie, but it....okay? Slow, ploddingetc. I do hope for a third one because I'm a sucker for creepy dolls

"Critic Percentage of 6/10: 68% ----- Average Rating: 6.2/10 ----- Reviews Counted: 101"

Seems like the consensus (outside of Laz?) is that it's basically a 5/10 level horror movie. Which is still worlds better than the first one.

Offline Čœrêÿ Łåżárüß

• Live Tax Free or Die
  • everyone gets laid
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2017, 09:33:41 AM »
I disagree. The first is shit but it was laughably bad shit with one genuinely great scene (when the basement elevator stops working). This one was every generic haunted house trope and a new definition of "phoning it in" courtesy of Anthony LaPaglia.

Also, its score on RT was very high until last night.
occasionally streaming sexy things, click below for details

It gets insane, and really speaks to how dumded down we are

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2017, 05:42:36 AM »
New number 1 bad movie of the year for me after this weekend's viewings...

Snuck into some incredibly shitty low-budget paycheck movie called 9/11, starring Charlie Sheen (in a performance I would call 75% sober) and Whoopi Goldberg, of all people.

I can't even properly explain just how stupid this was. One thing is for sure, it didn't capture even a second of the spirit of the horrific events of 9/11 in NYC, nor did it really honor the reality of the events. Instead it was a piss poor script that had some of the worst lines I've heard in film in years, totally taking the focus off the attack itself and more into badly weaved characterization stuff that was so disconnected it was actually pretty unintentionally funny most of the time.

Basic gist was that a group of 5 random people were stuck in a (poorly constructed set of a) elevator in the north tower as the events of that day unfolded. Besides going back to scenes of Whoopi playing the building maintenance supervisor in an incredibly pretentious manner, this was the entire film....these people freaking out and arguing semantics with each other as they were stuck in this elevator.

Sheen to his credit tried to play the role as straight as he could, but he just oozed not giving a fuck really. By the time the film came to a point of direness for the characters, it seemed that instead of him getting deep in performance of a helpless desperate person, he decided to get lit up on drugs and do the scenes that way, as some of the last parts of the film gave the impression he was all fucked up or something. It was surreal and bizzare.

Really this shit has to be seen to be believed. I have no doubts this will get TONS of Razzies for sure.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2017, 08:56:20 AM »
It had zero reviews up midday Friday and was projecting to have an AWFUL PSA  (which it did) so I was thinking about seeing it only to discover it wasn't playing in Alaska. Go figure.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2017, 09:04:19 AM »
Friend Request has scored an average 4.3 rating out of 25 reviews thus far. It looked like a typical bad social media-esque horror movie so I'm not too surprised there.

For comparison, Woodshock, starring Kirsten Dunst, has an average 4.4 rating off 15 reviews but only 1 is "fresh" at RT.

Online #The Return

• brock lock
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2017, 10:29:24 AM »
I saw the trailer for Woodshock a few months ago and Dunst starring in it and the visual style got my interest. I'll still probably end up watching it. Seems like a movie that could end up interesting despite the critics hating it like Only God Forgives.

Offline fazzle

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2017, 03:16:29 PM »
So because I'm a stupid person who makes stupid decisions, I went to go see Friend Request.   I knew it was going to be terrible going in, and it sure didn't disappoint!  I actually enjoyed Unfriended when it came out a few years ago because it was actually a pretty creative way to use technology to make a modern horror movie, plus the technical aspect of it all being done in one shot.  This, however, was just a generic shitty ghost story that occasionally cut to Facebook.

Online CENA ❤️ ORTON

• I WILL NEVER "PIMP"
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2017, 11:12:13 AM »
The "Death Wish" remake got pushed up to March. Also the "Bride of Frankenstein" remake has been postponed .

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2017, 11:49:06 AM »
I TRIED to watch Valerian but i only made it 43 minutes despite even having chat cheering me on. It was so fucking bad and boring. My enduring memory of it will be this guy who is NOT I repeat NOT a comedy character.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2017, 11:33:23 PM »
The Snowman has gotten a 3.8/10 off 34 reviews thus far, ouch.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2017, 01:31:37 AM »
Two Oscar nominated writers, a solid director and some credible actors combining for what looks to be a bomb. Wonder what went wrong here.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2017, 04:26:37 AM »
I TRIED to watch Valerian but i only made it 43 minutes despite even having chat cheering me on.

That sounds like a challenge.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2017, 05:15:20 AM »
Do it Smues!

Online CENA ❤️ ORTON

• I WILL NEVER "PIMP"
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2017, 01:49:31 AM »
This week it's Daddy's Home 2

Online #The Return

• brock lock
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2017, 02:15:42 AM »
Saw a trailer for this movie when I went to see Jigsaw (Yes, that movie was terrible and belongs in this thread)

It's like every irritating and terrible trope from mainstream comedies combined into one movie. Similar to Chips, it also feels like it came from 2005. It is apparently 121 minutes long which is another trend of modern comedies that stinks.

Online CENA ❤️ ORTON

• I WILL NEVER "PIMP"
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2017, 03:43:25 AM »
Saw a trailer for this movie when I went to see Jigsaw (Yes, that movie was terrible and belongs in this thread)

It's like every irritating and terrible trope from mainstream comedies combined into one movie. Similar to Chips, it also feels like it came from 2005. It is apparently 121 minutes long which is another trend of modern comedies that stinks.

1.) I haven't seen "Jigsaw", and if wanted to, I'd just watch "The Collector" and "The Collection" again. Those are better than any of the "Saw" movies IMO

2.) Fun fact: "Father Figures" was supposed to come out this January, but got moved at the last second. Seeing that Owen Wilson seems to want to be taken seriously as an actor again, I can hazard a guess that he doesn't want this coming out.