Author Topic: Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 9  (Read 545 times)

Description:

Online 209

• Admin
Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 9
« on: July 10, 2017, 04:30:53 AM »

It's back on October 1st.

Bobby: Not that much. I check out the sites on occasion but I'm not big into computers. I've actually tried going into wrestling chat rooms on occasion. From what I've seen, everyone's swearing at one another and no one is talking about wrestling.

http://www.ddtdigest.com/features/eaton.htm

Offline Brocklock

• brock lock
Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 9
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 02:39:59 AM »

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • Death Pool Winner
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 04:03:01 AM »
I love that this show just didn't up and die. Larry said that he would end it by just ending it. No big finale or anything. So it's nice knowing it may always come back. Can't wait.

Online 209

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 05:22:35 AM »
Looks pretty pretty prettyyyyy good, but the part where he pushed the perfume sprayer seemed massively out of character even for this show.

Bobby: Not that much. I check out the sites on occasion but I'm not big into computers. I've actually tried going into wrestling chat rooms on occasion. From what I've seen, everyone's swearing at one another and no one is talking about wrestling.

Offline what.the.hell.have.i

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 07:09:58 AM »
Never saw this show and I've already run through seven seasons in a week and a half. I identify with this guy so much it's kind of scaring me.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Online 209

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 09:12:48 AM »
Larry David's office WHAT THE FUCK IS UP

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 11:51:10 AM »
Sup, 909?  You lampin'?

Offline Brocklock

• brock lock
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 05:32:06 AM »
Finished Season 9. I thought it felt kind of weird at first, but turned into a really good season. I had to get used to how extra bright everything seemed. The budget definitely was bigger. It felt kind of forced in the first few episodes (moments like the sweeping shot into Larry saying "PRETTAY PRETTAY GOOD" kind of irked me), but settled into a great groove. The fatwa stuff was silly and ridiculous even for this show though and kind of dragged down the episodes when it was brought up.

Spoiler: show

I thought the season worked best when Larry was interacting with Funkhouser, Leon, Susie, Jeff, and Richard Lewis. Funkhouser stole every scene he was in and provided the two biggest laughs of the season for me with his over exaggerated apology and playing the last word game with Larry. Richard Lewis calling everyone honey was also up there.

Guest stars were okay for the most part. I thought Lin Manuel Miranda was surprisingly great even though I barely know anything about Hamilton or him. He played an excellent pompous douche foil for Larry. Elizabeth Banks also cracked me up. Cranston, June Diane Raphael, and Nick Offerman were good. Can't remember the rest standing out.

The season had a ton going on. Some of it really felt underutilized towards the end like Ted Danson and Cheryl dating as well as Sammy's wedding. Seems like a lot of people had a problem with the aspergers storyline, but it didn't offend me.

Loved seeing all the familiar faces like the prostitute from The Car Pool Lane, Krazee Eyez Killah, and Michael J. Fox.

Favorite episode was probably The Accidental Text on Purpose.

The show still made me laugh a ton and I'd welcome another season. It probably sounds like I'm down on it, but I'm just nitpicking. I'd watch 80 year old Larry bicker with 80 year old Richard Lewis in a nursing home if the show went on that long.

Offline Brocklock

• brock lock
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 08:37:09 AM »
Renewed for a 10th Season

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • Death Pool Winner
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 08:52:28 AM »