Author Topic: Trump Tweets Trans Ban  (Read 818 times)

Description:

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Trump Tweets Trans Ban
« on: July 26, 2017, 01:58:58 AM »
In other news, motherfucker seems to be banning trans people from the military.

That "economic anxiety" is a motherfucker, ain't it?

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin!
    • Culture Crossfire
Re: Trump Tweets Trans Ban
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 03:51:22 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-u-s-military-wont-allow-transgender-people-serve-capacity-133152235.html

"In a series of tweets, the commander in chief argued that too much is at stake in the military’s current operations for it to be “burdened” by the medical costs of transgender people or the “disruption” he says transgender service members would cause."

Transgenders can't serve in the Military because fuck their American patriotism?

Offline Brooklyn Cienfuegos

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 03:54:04 AM »
There's no sound logic behind this decision other than to appeal to certain people. It's to get more votes out of the rust belt.

Online Future Stars

• brock lock
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 04:00:57 AM »

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• the whole thing is tainted with the memory of the farts
  • stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 04:01:30 AM »
There's no sound logic behind this decision other than to appeal to certain people. It's to get more votes out of the rust belt.

A White House aide already admitted as much. It looks like this wasn't even run by the Pentagon--websites still state support for trans troops.
All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 04:06:36 AM »

Life comes at you fast... #MAGAmyass

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • I AM THE MASCOT CHAMPION!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 06:18:30 AM »
I think he thinks that anything he tweets is law, like signing an executive order.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 06:28:31 AM »
After a week sparring with his attorney general and steaming over the Russia investigation consuming his agenda, President Donald Trump was closing in on an important win.

House Republicans were planning to pass a spending bill stacked with his campaign promises, including money to build his border wall with Mexico.

But an internal House Republican fight over transgender troops was threatening to blow up the bill. And House GOP insiders feared they might not have the votes to pass the legislation because defense hawks wanted a ban on Pentagon-funded sex reassignment operations — something GOP leaders wouldn’t give them.

They turned to Trump, who didn’t hesitate. In the flash of a tweet, he announced that transgender troops would be banned altogether.

Trump’s sudden decision was, in part, a last-ditch attempt to save a House proposal full of his campaign promises that was on the verge of defeat, numerous congressional and White House sources said.

The president had always planned to scale back President Barack Obama-era policies welcoming such individuals in combat and greenlighting the military to pay for their medical treatment plans. But a behind-the-scenes GOP brawl threatening to tank a Pentagon funding increase and wall construction hastened Trump’s decision.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/26/trump-transgender-military-ban-behind-the-scenes-240990
All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.

Offline Squad Goals

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 07:03:23 AM »

people post this and think that it's a legitimate own.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 12:17:57 AM »
re: trans ban

The Pentagon referred all questions about Trump’s announcement to the White House, but the White House referred questions back to the Pentagon and falsely suggested that the decision had been made at the behest of the military.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2017/07/27/daily-202-growing-gop-backlash-to-transgender-troop-ban-underscores-trump-s-political-miscalculation/5979535630fb0436795432a6/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_daily202-730a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.bccd7d6f91cd

No clear statement on whether they're going to kick people out of the military. I don't think they even thought about it.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 11:29:44 AM »
http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2017/07/27/joint_chiefs_chairman_won_t_implement_trump_s_trans_ban.html

n Thursday, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Joseph Dunford informed the military that the Pentagon would not implement a ban on transgender troops “until the President's direction has been received by the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary has issued implementation guidance.” Until that point, Dunford wrote, there “will be no modifications to the current policy,” and “we will continue to treat all of our personnel with respect.”

Also received tons of backlash from GOP senators and congressmen who were like "we just wanted you to make their lives hell not actually get rid of them!"

Offline Squad Goals

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 11:57:59 PM »

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 12:28:01 AM »
A trans woman served on Seal Team 6. The alpha male president missed Vietnam because he said his feet hurt.

Offline Gert

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 01:30:25 PM »
My favorite tweet in regards to this:

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2017, 12:46:59 AM »
A couple of points I learned about this yesterday:

1. Sec of Def Mattis was on vacation. He had given pretty pro-LGBT statements in his confirmation hearing. Seems like they snuck this past him intentionally.

2. It looks like, as I posted above, Trump did this to try to get right wing Republicans on board for some of his other spending priorities (i.e. wall). However, they weren't even asking for a trans ban! All they wanted was for Tricare not to fund sex change operations. My working theory is that Trump just didn't understand this, thought they wanted a ban, and took to Twitter without asking anybody.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin!
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2017, 06:31:22 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/28/politics/transgender-service-members-military-ban/index.html and http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41072188

Transgendered military members are suing & challenging the memorandum. "Between 4,000 and 10,000 US active-duty and reserve service members are believed to be transgender."

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 03:03:42 AM »
Danica Roem of Virginia to be first openly transgender person elected, seated in a U.S. statehouse
It pitted a 33-year-old former journalist who began her physical gender transition four years ago against a 13-TERM INCUMBENT who called himself Virginia’s “chief homophobe” and earlier this year introduced a “bathroom bill” that died in committee

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/danica-roem-will-be-vas-first-openly-transgender-elected-official-after-unseating-conservative-robert-g-marshall-in-house-race/2017/11/07/d534bdde-c0af-11e7-959c-fe2b598d8c00_story.html?utm_term=.7a95b714bb9e

I realize it's not the same issue, but this felt appropriate....

Offline Saddam of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2017, 04:29:03 AM »
It shows the Virginia election and all further subsequent elections in states that aren't deep red are going to be backlashes against Trumpism.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 04:21:49 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/380050-trump-bans-most-transgender-americans-from-serving-in-the-military?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

President Trump is moving ahead with his plan to ban most transgender people from serving in the military, with limited exceptions, following up on a proposal he called for last summer.

The White House issued a memorandum late Friday on policies determined by Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, stating that transgender people are "disqualified from military service except under limited circumstances."

The memo, filed in U.S. District Court in Seattle, states that "transgender persons with a history or diagnosis of gender dysphoria -- individuals who the policies state may require substantial medical treatment, including medications and surgery -- are disqualified from military service except under certain limited circumstances."

Gotta give the Evangelicals something to crow about with the Stormy interview this weekend I guess.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2018, 07:57:33 AM »
Especially since the Bible condemns adultery and says literally nothing about needing to hate transgender human beings.