Author Topic: Misc Netflix TV/Movie Thread  (Read 184 times)

Description:

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
Misc Netflix TV/Movie Thread
« on: August 25, 2017, 01:09:51 PM »
The old thread was over 20 pages and we need one for the shows that wouldn't get a thread on their own.

Death Note (2017 US)
I watched the adaptation of Death Note last note with William Dafoe as the voice of the demon. It was so bad. The only person in this who didn't seem to be sleepwalking or terrible was the girl playing Mia. Everyone else was bad or had nothing to work with. The changes to make it more "American" didn't really work and some of the other changes ruined what was good about Death Note. Just a really bad movie.

2/10

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • View Profile
Re: Misc Netflix TV/Movie Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 07:57:07 AM »
I was about to put Death Note in the bad movies thread to be honest. But nice this thread was started as there is alot of either unknown gems on Netflix, or plain bad stuff like Death Note was.

This was, at one point, supposed to be a theatrical release I believe, but Netflix picked it up for some reason. There was some interesting elements that could have been awesome if done in a certain way, but ultimately nothing really came together in this one.

It felt like there would be plans for a followup film or series based off of this one, but I really hope it doesnt happen. They ruined the adaptation tenfold.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
Re: Misc Netflix TV/Movie Thread
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 03:30:14 AM »
I think I might get addicted to "terrace house". If The Real World is "where people stop being polite..." this is the exact opposite of that but it's so much REALER. When they say it isn't scripted I completely believe it. I don't know if this could work outside of Japan because virtually any other country would have people that would be trying to get attention and make themselves famous. Everything I've read about Terrace House makes it seem like the episodes I've watched are typical. It's real people just living their lives and if there's a minor disagreement they...resolve it.

That sounds boring but it's oddly interesting. It's like the first few seasons of the Real World but even more chill and passive aggressive because Japan. They also have a panel of comedians they'll cut to a couple times an episode that rip on everyone and I wasn't sure I'd like them but they're pretty funny.