Author Topic: Get Ready for Roy Moore, US Senator (SURPRISE - NOOOOOOPE!)  (Read 3567 times)

Description:

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

Get Ready for Roy Moore, US Senator (SURPRISE - NOOOOOOPE!)
« on: September 26, 2017, 01:48:08 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/moore-wins-republican-senate-primary-dealing-blow-to-gop-establishment/ar-AAstYm3

Moore was defended by a loose grouping of anti-establishment conservative activists, including Bannon, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson, and a group of conservative talk radio broadcasters, including Laura Ingraham. But in significant ways, his campaign differed from any other Senate campaign in recent memory. On the stump, Moore, who made the supremacy of a Christian God over the U.S. Constitution the central rallying point of his campaign.

Moore believes that the Founding Fathers made clear in the Declaration of Independence that the U.S. was founded as a Christian nation, which requires the Constitution to be interpreted as adhering to the “laws of nature and nature’s God.”

As a judge, Moore refused to obey a federal court order to remove a monument to the Ten Commandments from his courthouse, and he was removed from his job as a result. In a 2002 legal opinion, he described homosexual conduct as “an inherent evil,” and he said during the campaign that he does not believe in the scientific theory of evolution. He argued that the 2005 Supreme Court decision that legalized same-sex marriage should not be considered the “rule of law.”

In the Senate, Moore has promised to be a similarly disruptive force who will directly challenge the leadership of McConnell. Moore plans to crusade against the Senate practice of requiring 60 votes to move most legislation on the Senate floor, which he does not consider constitutional, and has said he will seek the impeachment of federal judges who defy his view of God’s supremacy over the U.S. Constitution. He has also called for military deployment to the Mexican border, and said he would have opposed Cassidy-Graham, the most recent effort to repeal the Affordable Care Act, because it was not conservative enough.

Gonna be interesting to see just how crazy Alabama decides to be.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Re: Get Ready for Roy Moore, US Senator
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 03:16:06 PM »

Corrupt racist fanatic defeats fanatically corrupt racist. Huge blow to mainstream GOP.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 10:15:37 PM »
Aren't there already plenty of guys in the Senate just as crazy? I like how he acts like he's going to come in , run the show and soon we'll all be Christian. Good luck to you asshole.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 12:36:55 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/27/politics/roy-moore-alabama-republican-establishment/index.html

Any chance these extremely conservative evangelicals create their own party in the coming years? Is this another tea party or are we seeing them throw off the stink of the name "Republican"?

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 08:23:36 AM »
Considering the vote last November, the union of GOP and pretend-to-be-Christians is 4 life.

Offline Gary

• It's a dangerous line of work...
  • CXF Writer

I AM THE CHEESE! I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW!! I AM BETTER THAN BOTH THE SALAMI AND THE BOLOGNA COMBINED!!

someone on here just called me a "Cunk" because my wife wont let me buy a harp.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 07:05:42 AM »
The Republicans sure know how to grab, er, pick 'em.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 08:23:32 AM »

never thought i'd see the "even if he is a pedophile at least he's not a Democrat" political stance.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 02:27:11 PM »
Love to be proven wrong, but p. sure he's still gonna be elected.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 02:35:07 PM »
I share your resignation to this. A candidate who actually assaulted a reporter was elected, so electing someone accused of the same thing conservatives are using as a cudgel against "liberal Hollywood" is all too predictable.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 02:42:06 PM »
Oh hey, another reason to give up on humanity:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/09/roy-moore-teenagers-report-fundraising-244761
Moore fundraises off of report alleging relationships with teenagers

Alabama Republican Roy Moore sent a fundraising email Thursday afternoon asking for donations to combat the "Obama-Clinton Machine's liberal media lapdogs," hours after The Washington Post published accounts from four women who said that Moore pursued relationships with them when he was in his 30s and they were teenagers.

A defiant Moore, who faced calls from fellow Republicans to end his Senate campaign Thursday, cast the story as a political conspiracy against him and called the story "lies," asking "God-fearing conservatives" to help him carry on.

"The Obama-Clinton Machine's liberal media lapdogs just launched the most vicious and nasty round of attacks against me I've EVER faced," Moore wrote in the fundraising email. "I won't to get into the details of their filthy and sleazy attacks."

The Post reported that Moore, then age 32, initiated a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old girl in 1979. The Post quoted the woman, Leigh Corfman, as well as three other women who said in multiple interviews that Moore pursued relationships with them while they were teenagers.

"The forces of evil will lie, cheat, steal — even inflict physical harm — if they believe it will silence and shut up Christian conservatives like you and me," Moore continued in the email. "Their goal is to frustrate and slow down our campaign's progress to help the Obama-Clinton Machine silence our conservative message. That's why I must be able to count on the help of God-fearing conservatives like you to stand with me at this critical moment."

The email then asks for an "emergency contribution" to Moore's campaign.

Moore goes on to say he's "planning to slug it out with the Obama-Clinton Machine with everything I've got over the next four weeks before the December 12 Special Election."

This will all be given a full-throated defense tomorrow by right wing media. I wish there was an ethical debt ceiling. The people heading up this supposed "machine" that's against him aren't even in an office of any kind, but one is a woman who won't stay in the kitchen and the other is a black guy who dared to be successful so they're BAD. Yet another piece of shit who will attract the morality vote.

The physical attack he mentions wasn't even on someone who would label themselves a Christian conservative. I hate everything right now.

Offline 209

• Admin
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 04:25:57 PM »
Love to be proven wrong, but p. sure he's still gonna be elected.

Alabama is the worst state in the union, so yeah, probably.

Bobby: Not that much. I check out the sites on occasion but I'm not big into computers. I've actually tried going into wrestling chat rooms on occasion. From what I've seen, everyone's swearing at one another and no one is talking about wrestling.

http://www.ddtdigest.com/features/eaton.htm

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2017, 08:10:28 AM »
While Roy Moore was molesting teens, Doug Jones was prosecuting KKKers who killed four children and had gotten away with it for almost 20 years.

• KOAB
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 08:28:09 AM »
So what you're telling us is that he has no shot.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 08:29:35 AM »
I expect Moore to win by 5 points.

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 11:20:02 AM »
The way Republicans are are defending Moore explains the fervor over trans people in bathrooms. When they say it's because women would get attacked in bathrooms, it's because they've considered it. It's a real threat in their minds
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 12:24:26 PM »
Looking through the cesspool that is FB comment threads, Moore (GOP) supporters are pulling out all the usual defenses and excuses for Moore.  It's hopeless. They are all still going to vote for him.
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 07:27:01 AM »
Looks like even Big Mitch said he believes the women and Moore needs to step down. Of course Moore fired back that it's actually Mitch that needs to step down for sucking.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/13/politics/mitch-mcconnell-roy-moore/index.html

Also we have a new accuser

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/13/politics/gloria-allred-roy-moore-alabama/index.html

Offline 209

• Admin
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 07:34:56 AM »
He won't win now. The RNC will make sure of that.

Bobby: Not that much. I check out the sites on occasion but I'm not big into computers. I've actually tried going into wrestling chat rooms on occasion. From what I've seen, everyone's swearing at one another and no one is talking about wrestling.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 08:03:28 AM »
The polls are all over the place.  I've seen some with Moore leading, some with Jones....it basically looks like a tossup.

Because tons of voters in Alabama are stupid inbred rednecks, the very fact that this Moore fella is in the news so much, I expect him to win.  And hey, what's so wrong with a guy in his 30's plying teenage girls with alcohol anyway?

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 08:09:03 AM »
I could see the Republican voters finding him to be presidential material in 2024. I wouldnt be surprised to see him win by more than 5 next month.

Offline geniusMoment

• Trailer Park Supervisor
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 08:10:10 AM »
I still think Moore wins by a decent margin.  I think the polls will be wrong like they were with Trump.  A lot of these people will say one thing to the people conducting a phone poll, but will do another in the booth.  I think the same thing occurred with Trump.  You're embarrassed that you're such a dumb piece of shit, but at the end of the day you're still a dumb piece of shit.  So, you'll give the person on the phone the answer you feel is socially acceptable, but in the privacy of the booth the real Alabama comes out.

If you want to know the truth, I honestly believe if he admitted it he'd still win.  Hell, I think if he admitted it and said he wasn't sorry it'd be a toss up.
Randy!

Offline Gary

• It's a dangerous line of work...
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 11:42:45 AM »
He was alegedly banned from a mall because he kept creeping on teenage girls

The polls are all over the place.  I've seen some with Moore leading, some with Jones....it basically looks like a tossup.

Because tons of voters in Alabama are stupid inbred rednecks, the very fact that this Moore fella is in the news so much, I expect him to win.  And hey, what's so wrong with a guy in his 30's plying teenage girls with alcohol anyway?

There are people in Alabama who have explicitly said that even if they thought Roy Moore was guilty, they'd still vote for him because hey, he's not a Democrat.
That being said...

He won't win now. The RNC will make sure of that.

I could still see Moore winning (unless he's steps down (he likely won't) or is somehow forced out and/or arrested) but then the GOP and others vote to expel him. Nobody outside of the Breitbart crowd/people in Alabama who will vote for him no matter what/people in the far right want him in office, and if he gets there it will be a catastrophe.

I AM THE CHEESE! I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW!! I AM BETTER THAN BOTH THE SALAMI AND THE BOLOGNA COMBINED!!

someone on here just called me a "Cunk" because my wife wont let me buy a harp.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 12:26:07 PM »
He's an awful piece of shit so he likely wins big.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 10:04:41 PM »
Even if he didn't do anything (and I feel he's guilty as all hell), the people who are defending him make me sick to my stomach. I've never heard so many people using so many stupid excuses as to why this shit should be acceptable.

Apparently #BoycottKuerig was trending yesterday because Sean Hannity came out supporting Moore, Keurig pulled their sponsorship of Hannity's show, and people are pissed at KUERIG because heaven forbid they'd be upset about something a Republican did.  You can't make this shit up.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 10:20:49 PM »
Evidence already points to Russian agents on social media being responsible for many of the #BoycottKeurig videos/posts online, trying to make it seem bigger and more acceptable than you'd think defending an accused pedophile would be.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 01:55:36 AM »
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/locals-were-troubled-by-roy-moores-interactions-with-teen-girls-at-the-gadsden-mall

this guy is a straight predator.

Two of the women say that they first met Moore at the Gadsden Mall, and the Post reports that several other women who used to work there remembered Moore’s frequent presence—“usually alone” and “well-dressed in slacks and a button-down shirt.”

if i stop posting, you know they got me

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV

if i stop posting, you know they got me

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2017, 02:40:41 AM »
I wonder if the same people smashing their Keurigs are going to be taking sledgehammers to their Volvos?

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 08:35:18 AM »
I'll up my prediction to a 6.5 point win after the newest credible accusations.

And of course the GOP will welcome him to the Senate.

Offline 209

• Admin
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 09:41:29 AM »
The RNC is pulling all funding and ground operations out of Alabama. They also had an internal poll with Moore two points ahead prior to these allegations. So if Moore is going to win he'll have to do it alone.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 12:07:53 PM »
Maybe Alabama secedes over this. We can only hope. Even better would be the revisionist history in thirty years saying Moore was being oppressed by an overreaching press.

I also see rumblings that Shitbag may find a way to solve this Moore problem by pushing for Sessions to go back to the Senate. Two birds with one sleazy stone.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 12:24:13 PM »
Sessions gives up the AG job and Trump finally gets to give it to Giuliani (or Sheriff Clarke!). Moore wins anyway (and of course the GOP seats him). Sessions comes back as the special counsel investigating Killary and her URANIUM bomb.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• CWM
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2017, 10:31:31 PM »
Even Hannity is throwing him overboard now. He has no financial backing, no rnc campaign staff, no Hannity/foxnews pr machine, the senior senator from Alabama has also ran away. The chances of him winning are slim to none. it's not impossible but it's heading that way.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2017, 05:33:27 AM »
People are awful. His chances are still good.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline 209

• Admin
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2017, 06:15:19 AM »
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/15/roy-moore-doug-jones-poll-244937

Republican Roy Moore is trailing Democrat Doug Jones by 12 points in the Alabama special Senate election, according to a poll conducted by the National Republican Senatorial Committee after five women accused Moore of pursuing them as teenagers.

Jones led Moore 51 to 39 percent, according to the survey taken Sunday and Monday. The NRSC withdrew its support for Moore after the Washington Post published the first allegations against Moore on Thursday, and the group’s chairman, Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) said Moore should be expelled from the Senate if he wins on Dec. 12.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2017, 08:29:10 AM »
I can't believe it until I see it. I genuinely don't trust Alabama to do the right thing when it's an off-year special election held in December. Only the most hardcore vote in those kind of contests and if you don't think there's enough of the 10-15% turnout that thinks this is all some liberal conspiracy then I have to wonder if you've read the news at all over the last two and a half years.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2017, 09:28:03 AM »
I'm still sticking with the 6.5 point win for the amoral judge.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2017, 02:32:26 AM »
McConnell is calling for a delay and a new special election.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2017, 01:05:38 PM »
"Is a child molester better than a Democrat?" was a question a journalist had to ask today. Predators are okay as long as you agree with them about politics, remember this.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2017, 02:53:54 PM »
Yup, we'll still have Roy Moore, US Senator. I remember when I used to be the kind of person who said "no way, no one will ever do that shit" about ridiculous political behavior. Now it's the norm.

Offline Flik

• Rocking My Old Graphic Works
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2017, 11:56:49 PM »
Geezus... I honestly don't know what to say to that.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2017, 02:47:18 PM »
The basedest

• CWM
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2017, 03:32:05 PM »
I've been on here for almost 17 years and I've never ignored a user until now.

• KOAB
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2017, 03:35:33 PM »
Aren't you an admin? You shouldn't be able to ignore anyone tbh

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2017, 11:22:53 PM »
I've been on here for almost 17 years and I've never ignored a user until now.
All he did was mock the "based" description of the story, but it should be because now the Right can question everything about the Moore accusations. If you don't think this leads to "maybe the others were fake too!" then I have a bridge to sell you. Satisfying as it is to see some assholes get outed for trying to sabotage the press (and for the benefit of an alleged pedophile!) the motives and actors involved will be lost in a fog of a supposedly untrustworthy media.

If that's enough to ignore/block someone then the bar has fallen pretty low.

• CWM
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2017, 11:44:03 PM »
95% of the posts he makes are one sentence or even two or three word snark that has been making CE unreadable. That wasn't in any way his worst post I just am done with it. And I said it publicly out of frustration. And to be a drama queen.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2017, 02:23:07 AM »
I think current events themselves are making Current Events unreadable. What else can anyone do? Outrage can only retain a sense of eloquence for so long.

This thread itself is based off of a US Senate candidate who will likely still be elected to the chamber despite mounting evidence that he was trawling the high school parking lot for chicks in his 30s and later, not to mention his batshit stances on actual governmental issues. How long can anyone talk about this shit without descending into anger and bafflement at ongoing events? That's all *I* do anymore because I reached the end of my rope on things midway through the 2016 campaign.