Author Topic: Arizona's new immigration bill  (Read 14689 times)

Description:

Offline O'Reilly2k17

• Danville_Wrestling
Arizona's new immigration bill
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2010, 03:15:22 PM »
Did you guys see that the Suns came out against the law?

http://unleashingchiang.blogspot.com/2010/05/lets-go-suns.html

My response:  Who gives a shit.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.
  • LEFT IS THE BEST
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2010, 11:12:09 PM »
Based on Google trends as of last night, a lot of people.
Hillary is sour grapes.

Offline GAYGENT OF OBLIVION

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2010, 12:17:45 AM »
Didn't they do something similar last season? I know I've seen San Antonio jerseys that say "Los Spurs". Still, right on for them.

Sports and politics cross-pollinate sometimes, and it can be pretty iconic when they do. Jesse Owens, Jackie Robinson, Ali refuses the draft, civil rights statements on the Olympic podium...

...Then again, there's John Rocker.

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2010, 12:19:23 AM »

Worth 1000 words, that one.

Offline O'Reilly2k17

• Danville_Wrestling
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2010, 07:05:56 AM »
I've just never had my opinions changed by any athletes doing anything.  Of course, there are other people out there that need to be guided by others so I guess it helps them.

Offline Dobbs3K

• TSM's former ultimate heel.
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2010, 07:09:18 AM »
Here's a much more recent article that reiterates my earlier points: http://townhall.com/columnists/MichelleMalkin/2010/04/28/how_mexico_treats_illegal_aliens
"Tell Mr. Selig that next time that kid pitches, there's a good chance he gets one in the ribs." - Ryan Braun

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2010, 07:30:19 AM »
Michelle Malkin? Seriously?

Offline Lei Tong

• ...un pocho pendejo, at that!
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2010, 07:32:27 AM »
Fuck that anchor baby.

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2010, 12:41:51 AM »
Here's a much more recent article that reiterates my earlier points: http://townhall.com/columnists/MichelleMalkin/2010/04/28/how_mexico_treats_illegal_aliens

Quote from: That article
Bunch of mexican human rights nightmares against illegal immigrants

Quote from: Her conclusion
Mexico is doing the job Arizona is now doing -- a job the U.S. government has failed miserably to do: putting its people first.

I don't think she even knows what points she's making.

Offline Dobbs3K

« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2010, 01:02:22 AM »
She's saying that the US government is being held to a standard by Mexico that the Mexican government itself is not and would not willingly reciprocate.
"Tell Mr. Selig that next time that kid pitches, there's a good chance he gets one in the ribs." - Ryan Braun

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2010, 06:28:13 AM »
If she, etc, wants to oppress people like they do in Mexico or Iran or whatever...fucking go live there.

Offline Shooting Star

• CXF Writer
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2010, 06:39:55 AM »
I recommend you all look up Vicente Fox and Bill O'Reilly's debate from a few years back. Very interesting.

Offline #sorrynotsorry

• still fly
  • #bae
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2010, 07:01:33 AM »
I tend to blame America's problem more on white people and less so on illegal Mexicans (most of whom are good, honest hard working folks). I mean if you look across history, most of, if not all if America's atrocities were caused by white people. Slavery: white people, Drug War: white people, Jim Crow: White People, Ronald Reagan: white people. Do I have to go on? I say we deport them back to Europe and leave us colored folks alone in peace

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2010, 07:31:05 AM »
Just in case anybody might think that Ronald Reagan thing doesn't fit: his policies directly led to millions of wholly innocent people being killed in Latin America.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• CWM
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2010, 07:50:07 AM »
How come Americans never talk about the war and occupation of the Philippines at the end of the 19th beginning of the 20th Century? You guys put civilians in concentration camps (thousands died), and a whole bunch of other things. I don't expect the average American to know about it but I never see it mentioned even by Americans I'd expect to talk about it.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.
  • LEFT IS THE BEST
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2010, 08:00:45 AM »
Just in case anybody might think that Ronald Reagan thing doesn't fit: his policies directly led to millions of wholly innocent people being killed in Latin America.

I'm no defender of the Reagan Doctrine, but "millions" seems a little hyperbolic from what I've read.  Tens or maybe hundreds of thousands maybe.  If you use the hundreds of thousands figure, then "led directly" probably doesn't quite fit.
Hillary is sour grapes.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2010, 08:22:14 AM »
How come Americans never talk about the war and occupation of the Philippines at the end of the 19th beginning of the 20th Century? You guys put civilians in concentration camps (thousands died), and a whole bunch of other things. I don't expect the average American to know about it but I never see it mentioned even by Americans I'd expect to talk about it.

We dont like to talk about any of our atrocities.  We like a nice, fake Mickey Mouse smile-esque "history."

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• LEFT IS THE BEST
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2010, 08:22:51 AM »
I talk about it!
Hillary is sour grapes.

• CWM
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2010, 08:45:08 AM »
Oh I know you (and every other country) like to pretend to be angels. It's just that I don't see it mentioned much even by people who like to debunk the Mickey Mouse history.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2010, 08:52:09 AM »
I dont know. Those like myself or smitty who genuinely care about this stuff certainly mention it.  In that small circle, I am not aware of it being completely overshadowed by our other embarrassments.  The whole "splendid little war" shit has been eviscerated on more than one occasion.

Offline Shooting Star

• CXF Writer
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2010, 10:40:54 AM »
I tend to blame America's problem more on white people and less so on illegal Mexicans (most of whom are good, honest hard working folks). I mean if you look across history, most of, if not all if America's atrocities were caused by white people. Slavery: white people, Drug War: white people, Jim Crow: White People, Ronald Reagan: white people. Do I have to go on? I say we deport them back to Europe and leave us colored folks alone in peace

Garbage. To say slavery was caused by white people is either ignorant or plain dishonest. Slave trade was a common practice worldwide and you know who the europeans bought most of their Africans from? other Africans.

Offline #sorrynotsorry

• still fly
  • #bae
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2010, 10:54:36 AM »
So it makes it ok then?

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2010, 10:57:17 AM »
No countries in Africa ever claimed to be the "land of the free."  The US has.  And slavery was just one govt-sponsored gross embarrassment.

Offline Shooting Star

• CXF Writer
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2010, 10:58:42 AM »

I'm no defender of the Reagan Doctrine, but "millions" seems a little hyperbolic from what I've read.  Tens or maybe hundreds of thousands maybe.  If you use the hundreds of thousands figure, then "led directly" probably doesn't quite fit.

You know, the 80's were actually the most peaceful decade here during the cold war. Economically it was the "lost decade" but democratically speaking it was paradise. Democratization everywhere. The most violent area was Central America which was torn apart by decades long civil wars.

Sure, he picked his favorite dictators like religious fanatic Efrain Rios Montt, but the other options were just as bad if not worse. That doesn't help Reagan I know, but he was not the cause of "millions of innocent deaths" as much as ideological polarization was. The soviets were also doing these things with their incentives of guerrillas and armed conflicts by selling arms and funding the leftist activities.

The whole Contra conflict during the 80's was a huge blow to Reagan and the United States' crediblity of course. But Daniel Ortega and the Sandinistas during their first rule weren't much better than the Somozas. They exploited and killed the people the same. They lived in the same luxurious mansions than their predecessors.

There was no guarantee for democratic freedom in CA during those times. Reagan just made the mistake of trying to understand local sensibilities but places like El Salvador that had over 200 thousand deaths during it's civil war, had been in that situation for years before Reagan was even a credible Presidential candidate.

Sad to say this, but it is just their nature. Even today, Central America is the most violent region of the Continent. The mara salvatruchas are the most feared gang I dare say in the world. They are ruthless killers who have no political affiliation except some loose alliances with the left leaning former guerrilla and today political party FMLN.

Offline Shooting Star

• CXF Writer
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2010, 10:59:27 AM »
So it makes it ok then?

Of course not. But it was not something caused by European whites.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2010, 11:12:57 AM »
Guatemala...El Salvador..etc...

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2010, 11:13:44 AM »
So it makes it ok then?

Of course not. But it was not something caused by European whites.

Yes, slavery existed before European colonization. But chatel slavery was a necessary economic component of the colonization of the Americas by Europeans, as the majority of the indigenous population was either killed by disease, or slaughtered during wars of territorial conquest. And given that it was a necessary component, it was most certainly caused by those in positions of power; who, coincidentally I'm sure, were white as white can be.

Offline Dobbs3K

« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2010, 11:38:58 AM »
It seems like it goes back to the same old tired "white guilt" argument for some of you.

"Your country had slavery 150 years ago! You need to take illegal immigrants en mass now as atonement!"

Offline mellow

• NXT Pro
    • Hell no.
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2010, 11:44:16 AM »
I invented slavery.

Offline #sorrynotsorry

• still fly
  • #bae
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2010, 11:49:38 AM »
Custom of white people to deflect any responsibilty of their misdeeds when confronted with them. Hopefully one day they will own up to their shameful role in American history but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline mellow

• NXT Pro
    • Hell no.
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2010, 11:50:59 AM »
I just did.

Offline Gary

• It's a dangerous line of work...
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2010, 11:55:36 AM »
I invented slavery.
How could you forget that I helped you with that? You really downplay my role in that man.

I AM THE CHEESE! I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW!! I AM BETTER THAN BOTH THE SALAMI AND THE BOLOGNA COMBINED!!

someone on here just called me a "Cunk" because my wife wont let me buy a harp.

Offline #sorrynotsorry

• still fly
  • #bae
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2010, 12:14:24 PM »
And Dobbs what the fuck do YOU know about illegal immigration? You are a pasty white dude that lives in Wisconsin far away from the Mexican border. Why don't you turn off the Fox News and put down the Michelle Malkin and actually take someones word that actually, you know, lives in the thick of it all.

Offline Gary

• It's a dangerous line of work...
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2010, 12:21:31 PM »
And Dobbs what the fuck do YOU know about illegal immigration? You are a pasty white dude that lives in Wisconsin far away from the Mexican border. Why don't you turn off the Fox News and put down the Michelle Malkin and actually take someones word that actually, you know, lives in the thick of it all.
I don't think Dobbs actually likes Fox News. Still doesn't excuse his stupidity though.

I AM THE CHEESE! I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW!! I AM BETTER THAN BOTH THE SALAMI AND THE BOLOGNA COMBINED!!

someone on here just called me a "Cunk" because my wife wont let me buy a harp.

Offline #sorrynotsorry

• still fly
  • #bae
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2010, 12:25:25 PM »
Yeah I know Dobbs has liberal views, but sometimes I can't tell.

Offline Tigger

• Dressup
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2010, 12:26:12 PM »
You should export your illegals to Canada instead of sending them back to Mexico. I think all parties involved will end up happy.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2010, 12:39:48 PM »
It seems like it goes back to the same old tired "white guilt" argument for some of you.

"Your country had slavery 150 years ago! You need to take illegal immigrants en mass now as atonement!"

I will not deny feeling a great deal of "white guilt," but I also realize that none of it was my own fault and I can live with myself accordingly.

Doing the right thing via people and the economy has nothing to do with 'white guilt.'  So your immigration analogy, like just about everything else you say, is wholly wrong.

And if this truly were a 'rule of law' as the canard goes, those that say it should be arguing that Washington, Adams, Jefferson, etc should have been hanged in the 18 century.  The law of the day had them committing outright treason.  That was punishable by death. 

Offline Shooting Star

• CXF Writer
« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2010, 01:07:22 PM »
I live in a country that not only exports a great deal of emigrants but also attracts a big number of immigrants. Mainly (And almost solely) Haitians. We are a very impoverished country ourselves. Biggest economy in the region but with a really bad distribution of welath. Unlike Costa Rica which has a much smaller economy but great distribution. We can't really afford to support almost 2 million Haitians ilegally living here and that has made us take some measures you could consider extreme. We have denied birth certificates to children of illegal Haitians. But the thing is, in some parts of the country, around 67% of births are of illegals. Many of them come here and we have no control over that.

Why do I bring this up? the same thing happens to the United States. Women of many countries (Including Dominicans) travel to the United States while pregnant in order to give birth over there and have their child(ren) be citizens and therefore legalize a whole family by that. You can even see it in Rey Mysterio's first DVD where his mother says that she traveled to San Diego exclusively for him to be an American citizen. This is not right. That is greatly abusing the jus solis policy. Much like people (Americans included) abuse most of the States' policies. Not just regarding immigration. Americans have let this things pass for too long. And things do get out of control.

Sometimes, things have to be done. Do I condone stopping people because of their looks or accent? fuck no. I'd probably bitch and curse at an officer who stopped me for that. But maybe this dumb law will make the central government take the necessary action. Like strenghtening the border.

Offline #sorrynotsorry

• still fly
  • #bae
« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2010, 01:23:13 PM »
This law will do nothing of the sort, because of American insatiable need for cheap foreign labor. The real issue is the DRUG WAR that is now spilling over the border. But of course no one will ever mention our thirst for drugs is one of the main causes of the violence on the border.

I mean it makes economic sense to grant amnesty to illegals, as 1. they aren't going to stop coming and 2. you add them to the tax base to help pay for Baby Boomer generation getting older. But as usual are leaders pander to our worst qualities, which why this problem will never be solved.

Offline King Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2010, 01:23:24 PM »
Why do I bring this up? the same thing happens to the United States. Women of many countries (Including Dominicans) travel to the United States while pregnant in order to give birth over there and have their child(ren) be citizens and therefore legalize a whole family by that. You can even see it in Rey Mysterio's first DVD where his mother says that she traveled to San Diego exclusively for him to be an American citizen. This is not right. That is greatly abusing the jus solis policy.

Can anyone recommend chats that American women frequent? I really want to marry a white girl.

*shakes head and leaves*

Offline MAKE SURE YOU'RE DABBIN' ON THEM HATERS

• Kreese
« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2010, 01:38:11 PM »
Contrary to media depictions, I would argue that blacks are weak-willed. They are the only race that has been enslaved for 300 years. It’s unbelievable that it took them that long to fight back.

On the other hand, we slaughtered the Russians in the Japanese-Russo War.

Offline Shooting Star

• CXF Writer
« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2010, 01:40:33 PM »
Why do I bring this up? the same thing happens to the United States. Women of many countries (Including Dominicans) travel to the United States while pregnant in order to give birth over there and have their child(ren) be citizens and therefore legalize a whole family by that. You can even see it in Rey Mysterio's first DVD where his mother says that she traveled to San Diego exclusively for him to be an American citizen. This is not right. That is greatly abusing the jus solis policy.

Can anyone recommend chats that American women frequent? I really want to marry a white girl.

*shakes head and leaves*

I'd make her more here and would not get American citizenship. Something about having a white American girlfriend just makes me feel powerful.

Offline #sorrynotsorry

• still fly
  • #bae
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2010, 01:43:18 PM »
BUTT is a Jap? Learn something new everyday.

Offline Big Green

• The King of the Mountain
« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2010, 01:52:52 PM »

I mean it makes economic sense to grant amnesty to illegals, as 1. they aren't going to stop coming and 2. you add them to the tax base to help pay for Baby Boomer generation getting older. But as usual are leaders pander to our worst qualities, which why this problem will never be solved.

Except provide a nice slap in the face to those who go through the effort of immigrating here legally.

• CWM
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #144 on: May 09, 2010, 01:56:42 PM »
Contrary to media depictions, I would argue that blacks are weak-willed. They are the only race that has been enslaved for 300 years. It’s unbelievable that it took them that long to fight back.

On the other hand, we slaughtered the Russians in the Japanese-Russo War.

Too much Pit.

Offline MAKE SURE YOU'RE DABBIN' ON THEM HATERS

• Kreese
« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2010, 02:00:08 PM »
I'm sorry, I was simply quoting from this informative op-ed piece by one Mr. Kenneth Eng:

Offline #sorrynotsorry

• still fly
  • #bae
« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2010, 02:03:43 PM »

Except provide a nice slap in the face to those who go through the effort of immigrating here legally.

Who said life was fair? And I find it funny that people keep using that canard as an excuse to not solve the problem.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2010, 02:08:57 PM »

Another canard. 

Offline Big Green

• The King of the Mountain
« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2010, 02:25:38 PM »
It would also not be in the interest of this country to encourage illegal activity. There's a reason they are illegal immigrants.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »
So you admit that Washington etc should have been hanged?