Author Topic: Mass Shootings/Killings Thread  (Read 9838 times)

Description:

Offline Damaramu

Re: Massacres that don't warrant a thread
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2017, 09:01:56 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/14/us/california-tehama-county-shootings/index.html

Maybe this one warrants a thread. He shot into a school among other things.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2017, 01:51:56 PM »
Just the price of freedom.  Thoughts and prayers and blah blah blah.

Offline pujoljunkie

• Old Navy / Diet Snapple Publishing Group
  • CXF Writer
  • PujolJunkie
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2017, 03:54:07 PM »
Invalid Tweet ID

Offline rollie

• ulfistgut
« Reply #153 on: November 16, 2017, 10:44:57 PM »
Tweet has already been taken down I think, what did it say?

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #154 on: November 16, 2017, 11:04:56 PM »

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2017, 01:00:55 AM »
Fox News waited almost 2 hours before using this morning's NY terror attack to plug the WALL and how we must allow Trump to play out his agenda to protect us.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2018, 03:43:37 AM »

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2018, 07:50:55 AM »

Online 209

• Admin
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2018, 09:07:29 AM »
They should torture the guy and hang him from a tree.

Bobby: Not that much. I check out the sites on occasion but I'm not big into computers. I've actually tried going into wrestling chat rooms on occasion. From what I've seen, everyone's swearing at one another and no one is talking about wrestling.

http://www.ddtdigest.com/features/eaton.htm

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2018, 11:57:49 AM »
Just the price of freedom.  Thoughts and prayers and blah blah blah.

• KOAB
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2018, 12:24:10 PM »

This is about the best version I can find of this but looking around on Twitter... man local news pages can pretty much craft out if this kid seemed like a potential bully for the shooter or just present it and this clip as it is. All in less than 100 characters.

Offline what.the.hell.have.i

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Re: Mass Shootings/Killings Thread
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2018, 02:09:41 PM »
It's pathetic that we even need a catch-all thread for this kind of thing - it's become that fucking common. America needs to pull it's second amendment head out of it's fucking ass and enact gun control. Thoughts and prayers don't save lives.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2018, 11:07:02 PM »
Headline at Fox

"Trump offers condolences, Democrats call for gun control"

Any opportunity to take a shot right?

Offline Lord of The Curry

« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2018, 12:50:39 AM »
Your president just victim blamed an entire community for not stopping a guy who murdered a bunch of people in a high school.

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2018, 02:51:14 AM »
Saw a tweet from someone basically saying "they should have called 911 instead of posting on snapchat or whatever" and one of the students called them out saying that as they were running they called 911 so many times they were told by 911 to stop.

What a bunch of horseshit to live in a country like this. You don't want to take all the guns away? Fine. Give everybody a fucking musket and see how many kids they can kill with no barrel rifling and having to reload after every shot. I remember Columbine. I remember that being a story for so fucking long after it happened and that was *only* 13 deaths (plus the two fuckwits that did it). This was 17 which thanks to current trends DOESN'T EVEN SOUND LIKE A LOT and it'll probably be off the news in a week because, fuck, it'll probably happen again.

At least I haven't seen anyone trying to say this shit was faked like at Sandy Hook. I don't know what ever happened to any of those shitheads but I hope they drowned in their bathtubs.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 47: COMING SOON TO BURMERANG - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. Now in Season 2 - creating a theme park based on the INTERNET.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline Gary

• It's a dangerous line of work...
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2018, 03:08:16 AM »
At least I haven't seen anyone trying to say this shit was faked like at Sandy Hook. I don't know what ever happened to any of those shitheads but I hope they drowned in their bathtubs.
https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2018/02/14/alex-jones-florida-high-school-shooting-it-may-be-false-flag-and-democrats-are-suspects/219370

I AM THE CHEESE! I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW!! I AM BETTER THAN BOTH THE SALAMI AND THE BOLOGNA COMBINED!!

someone on here just called me a "Cunk" because my wife wont let me buy a harp.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2018, 03:36:43 AM »
There's another school on lockdown as I type.

Ted Cruz was on Fox and Friends today and said something along the lines of "I hope a good guy is around to shoot the next school shooter."

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2018, 03:44:38 AM »
https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2018/02/14/alex-jones-florida-high-school-shooting-it-may-be-false-flag-and-democrats-are-suspects/219370

Motherfucker.

I don't know how some of these people sleep at night.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 47: COMING SOON TO BURMERANG - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. Now in Season 2 - creating a theme park based on the INTERNET.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline Lord of The Curry

« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2018, 04:00:34 AM »

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2018, 04:12:53 AM »
What kind of shithole country allows kids to be slaughtered in schools & does nothing about it?

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #171 on: February 15, 2018, 04:31:19 AM »
That big one to the south of me, run by Cheeto Mussolini.
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2018, 04:58:33 AM »
One run by awful cunts that were elected by a bunch of awful cunts.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2018, 05:04:19 AM »
Trump blaming mental health.  This is the guy who in his first months as president repealed Obama era tougher restrictions on mental health/gun sales enacted after Newtown.  Oh, and cut federal funding for mental health treatment......

Words can't express how much I loathe this F'n hypocrite

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• CWM
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2018, 06:01:39 AM »
https://www.independent.ie/world-news/north-america/i-dont-want-your-condolences-you-piece-of-s-student-slams-trump-over-gun-control-after-17-killed-at-florida-school-36606766.html

Mr Trump had tweeted his "prayers and condolences" to the families of the dead, adding: "No child, teacher or anyone else should ever feel unsafe in an American school.

The account @chaddiedabaddie, which says it belongs to the girl attending Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, near Fort Lauderdale, replied: "I don't want your condolences you f****** price (sic) of sh*t, my friends and teachers were shot.
-------------

and another reaction:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/02/donald-trump-jr-just-liked-a-tweet-blaming-the-florida-shooting-on-the-russia-investigation/

-----

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.
  • LEFT IS THE BEST
« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2018, 06:26:39 AM »
Looks like he was a white nationalist.
Hillary is sour grapes.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2018, 06:48:34 AM »
There's another school on lockdown as I type.

Ted Cruz was on Fox and Friends today and said something along the lines of "I hope a good guy is around to shoot the next school shooter."

Fucking christ... yes because STUDENTS WOULD LIKELY HAVE GUNS RIGHT?!?!?!? OR TEACHERS BE PACKING INSTEAD god damn these fucking scum.

Offline Epic Reine

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2018, 06:50:55 AM »
From what I'm seeing on social media, the right is is downplaying the gun issue in favor of "SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TAKE RELIGION OUT OF THE MEDIA?!?!?!"

Disgusting.

Offline Epic Reine

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2018, 06:51:34 AM »
Btw, Tomi Lahren is the absolute worst of these idiots. Lowest of the low. Pure scum.

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2018, 07:20:10 AM »
From what I'm seeing on social media, the right is is downplaying the gun issue in favor of "SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TAKE RELIGION OUT OF THE MEDIA?!?!?!"

Disgusting.

Yeah I mean when was the last time you heard of someone killing someone else because of religion? Never happens.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2018, 07:33:09 AM »
Btw, Tomi Lahren is the absolute worst of these idiots. Lowest of the low. Pure scum.

?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fnews%2F2018%2F02%2F15%2Fflorida-high-school-shooting-survivor-skewers-tomi-lahrens-tweet-on-gun-control%2F23362716%2F

Offline Epic Reine

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2018, 07:34:04 AM »

Seriously, fall off a cliff with that nonsense.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2018, 11:23:44 AM »
I'm so tired of hearing that teachers need to be packing. If teachers were packing we'd end up with situations like cop shootings where a teacher feels "threatened" by a student and blows them away.

I'm also tired of hearing we should pay veterans to protect schools. We can't even afford to pay teachers what they deserve in most places.

And I don't trust that a veteran won't get spooked and blow a kid away.

Online 209

• Admin
« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2018, 11:25:39 AM »
There were at least two incidents at my high school that would have ended with a security guard or teacher pulling out a gun.

Veterans don't deserve shit and they're already given too much for merely doing their job.

Bobby: Not that much. I check out the sites on occasion but I'm not big into computers. I've actually tried going into wrestling chat rooms on occasion. From what I've seen, everyone's swearing at one another and no one is talking about wrestling.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2018, 11:32:00 AM »
That take's so hot the words are bubbling.

Online 209

• Admin
« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2018, 11:38:23 AM »

Thanks, that's what I was going for. Really no reason they should be given a free college education when other people aren't and there's a lot more but I'd rather not go into it. We have created separate classes of people by not treating them and police officers equally to everybody else. I don't want anyone at a high school with a gun. Period.

• KOAB
« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2018, 12:08:21 PM »
Seeing the changing demographics in ethnicity and gender of are vets I don't know if I can approach this hot take in the year of 2018.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• CWM
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2018, 12:41:43 PM »
That's a pretty good point KOAB, I do have to wonder if that was in his mind at least subconsciously.

• KOAB
« Reply #188 on: February 15, 2018, 12:52:24 PM »
It's just always disturbing when people want to completely debase and throw out something when more and more different kinds of people from all backgrounds start to get more opportunities to enter it.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2018, 12:52:56 PM »
Well after talking to Dadaramu, Mamaramu and trading around the net I see the right is using this to attack the FBI again.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2018, 01:05:21 PM »
Yeah, Tucker Carlson and the gang over at Fox couldn't make it a full day without that.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2018, 12:18:14 AM »
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/27/joe-the-plumber-guns_n_5397981.html

Joe The Plumber: ‘Your Dead Kids Don’t Trump My Constitutional Rights’ To Have Guns

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.
  • LEFT IS THE BEST
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2018, 12:23:04 AM »

Thanks, that's what I was going for. Really no reason they should be given a free college education when other people aren't and there's a lot more but I'd rather not go into it. We have created separate classes of people by not treating them and police officers equally to everybody else. I don't want anyone at a high school with a gun. Period.

SIR WHY DON'T YOU SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
Hillary is sour grapes.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• LEFT IS THE BEST
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2018, 12:38:12 AM »
Also, it looks like the white nationalist dude who claimed Cruz was part of his group was bullshitting.
Hillary is sour grapes.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2018, 01:12:51 AM »
That's a pretty good point KOAB, I do have to wonder if that was in his mind at least subconsciously.

It's just always disturbing when people want to completely debase and throw out something when more and more different kinds of people from all backgrounds start to get more opportunities to enter it.

lol I guess if an organization starts being diverse, we should give them a free pass no matter how they operate. Also, I'm p. sure 209 has been railing against the military-industrial complex for a while now.

he's right. why should someone get more benefits for shooting terror scum abroad that are probably too unorganized and ineffective to really affect america's way of life? what about people that volunteer countless hours to ensure that America's less fortunate don't starve, have a roof over their heads, have access to mental health services? Can you imagine how many more people would volunteer if they could get college education rebates for tutoring underprivileged kids that wouldn't normally have access to those services? Think of the social benefits that would accrue.

Also, for the individual military personnel that get it or sign up to get it, I don't blame them and I wouldn't take it away from people that have it. The US government fucks over their soldiers in a lot of ways, so I wouldn't blame someone for trying to get as many benefits as they can out of it. I would certainly phase it out in the future, because it's p. fucked up that a society rewards people for adding to the military-industrial complex. Ask yourself why we incentivize people to become part of a police state, look at the police state around you, and see if you can figure it out.

if i stop posting, you know they got me

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2018, 01:18:45 AM »
I'm sorry to say it because I love America, but a significant minority of its citizens think the answer to the mass shooting was to have people with guns in schools. So that when this happens again, there will be a shootout in the school between a trained killer and armed guards. Because it will happen again, and because trying to prevent it is not the answer, more violence is. Even if there are children around.

All this stuff is connected with the military stuff in the earlier post. This is the culture you build with that kind of policy-making and spending. This is what you show you care about, violence is how we deal with things.

TRUMP WILL MAKE AMERICA LOOK STRONG IN INTERNATIONAL MEETINGS PAL, etc.

if i stop posting, you know they got me

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2018, 01:24:57 AM »
Also, it looks like the white nationalist dude who claimed Cruz was part of his group was bullshitting.

Matt Drudge added that to his headlines immediately. Any excuse in a storm, I guess.

Online 209

• Admin
« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2018, 04:01:49 AM »

lol I guess if an organization starts being diverse, we should give them a free pass no matter how they operate. Also, I'm p. sure 209 has been railing against the military-industrial complex for a while now.

he's right. why should someone get more benefits for shooting terror scum abroad that are probably too unorganized and ineffective to really affect america's way of life? what about people that volunteer countless hours to ensure that America's less fortunate don't starve, have a roof over their heads, have access to mental health services? Can you imagine how many more people would volunteer if they could get college education rebates for tutoring underprivileged kids that wouldn't normally have access to those services? Think of the social benefits that would accrue.

Also, for the individual military personnel that get it or sign up to get it, I don't blame them and I wouldn't take it away from people that have it. The US government fucks over their soldiers in a lot of ways, so I wouldn't blame someone for trying to get as many benefits as they can out of it. I would certainly phase it out in the future, because it's p. fucked up that a society rewards people for adding to the military-industrial complex. Ask yourself why we incentivize people to become part of a police state, look at the police state around you, and see if you can figure it out.

That last paragraph is one of the most truthful I've read in a while.

The first one is the same logic people apply to Vince for making WWE more diverse when the company has a big history of racism and raping problems. That stuff should have no relevance whatsoever on what has been done.

The idea to give unqualified veterans a job in schools with a gun dealing with kids is completely psychotic, and they're already given way too much as it is. Most right wingers seem to love selective communism as long as it deals with troops, white blue collar workers, coal miners, or white police officers.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2018, 08:27:17 AM »
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2018/feb/15/jeff-greenfield/mostly-false-18-us-school-shootings-so-far-2018-an/

Obviously someone may jump all over me for this (which is another problem in and of itself), but that "18 school shootings" statistic that has been thrown around is insanely disingenuous and lacks context.  It just doesn't seem to be helping the conversation that needs to happen about this.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2018, 05:25:19 PM »
I'll be the dissenter here and suggest that given the task the military is assigned, they need to have a healthy benefits package to offset the risk of the job and sacrifice many face as they are assigned away from their families, even if it is just in the continental United States.

The idea should be to raise more Americans to better benefits, not pull back those who have them.