Author Topic: Gay Marriage + LGBT General News and Discussion Thread - Part 2  (Read 19288 times)

Description:

Offline Damaramu

Re: Gay Marriage News and Discussion Thread - Part 2
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2014, 06:37:12 AM »
*bangs head against wall*
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2014, 06:58:29 AM »
LOL...

http://www.towleroad.com/2014/02/alabama-chief-justice-roy-moore-urges-50-governors-to-pass-federal-marriage-amendment.html

Former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore has launched a personal campaign to the governors in every state urging them to pass a federal constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, the AP reports:

MooreRoy Moore has sent letters to all 50 governors urging them to get their legislatures to call for a convention to add an amendment to the U.S. Constitution recognizing only unions between one man and one woman.

Moore says the country's moral foundation is under attack, and a state-initiated convention under Article V of the Constitution is the only way to stop it. An Article V convention has never been held.

Moore is best known for his battle to display a Ten Commandments monument in his state's high court.

And understandable but boo at Utah anyway.  http://www.towleroad.com/2014/02/senate-republicans-kill-lgbt-non-discrimination-bill-in-utah.html

Senate Republicans in Utah killed an LGBT non-discrimination bill on Wednesday afternoon that would have prohibited housing and employment bias against gays and lesbians, the Salt Lake Tribune reports:

SteveSenate leaders had said repeatedly they didn’t want to consider any bills affecting gay and lesbian issues while the state is appealing a federal judge’s ruling overturning Utah’s constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage.

Votes in the GOP caucus are supposed to be secret, but sources confirmed that [Sen. Steve Urquhart, R-St. George] was the only vote in favor of hearing the bill this session. Urquhart said Wednesday he didn’t ask leadership to take the vote.

The bill had "broad public backing" according to the paper.

:( :( :( And people wonder why LGBT teens are still suicidal... http://www.towleroad.com/2014/02/eichenauer.html

A police investigation is underway in Circle Pines, Minnesota after Ryan Eichenauer, a gay student at Centennial High School who recently came out of the closet, received an anonymous death threat in his English class, KMSP reports:

"I know there are going to be people in life who don't agree with it. But that's who I am," he said.

Eichenauer says that within weeks of coming out he had two threatening anonymous letters placed on his desk in two separate classrooms, the latest one on Tuesday:

Not only does the note attack his sexuality, but it says "I can't wait for the day that I get to walk over your grave and if you don't put yourself there, I will be glad to. Just do us all a favor and do it soon. Kill yourself already."

Eichenauer says he's definitely afraid:

"A little scared, I feel safe in my school. Right now, mostly uncomfortable....The first threat I cried a lot. A lot of tears and emotions. Even though that was less threatening. Then this one came along. Is this what I am going to get forever, from now on?"

And another story from the same High School!  http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/24647943/2nd-centennial-student-speaks-out-on-anti-gay-intimidation

LINO LAKES, Minn. (KMSP) -

One day after a Centennial High School student spoke out to say he was met with death threats after coming out as gay, a second student is sharing a similar story that unfolded just a few months ago.

"It hurt -- just like calling someone fat or ugly," Noah Ratgen, an 8th grade student at Centennial, told Fox 9 News. "There's no reason to do it at all."

In both instances, it begins with a student publicly identifying as gay -- and both were met with backlash by those who would invoke God or religion while expressing their apparent hate. Ratgen and his parents say they were absolutely crushed.

"I just don't understand why we're such a big problem," Ratgen said.

Ratgen came out in late fall, using social media to tell his classmates that he is gay. About a week later, however, Ratgen woke up to find the family driveway in Lino Lakes had been vandalized with a hateful message.

"On the driveway, written in very large letters: 'God hates f--s,'" recalled Brad Ratgen, Noah's father. "It was absolutely disgusting. I went and washed it off right away."

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2014, 03:48:26 PM »
Interesting they refer to him as "coward" yet the wrote the letter anonymously, and in fact typed it so no one could try and match hand-writing.
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2014, 05:48:33 AM »
And it starts...

Kent State wrestler Sam Wheeler has been suspended indefinitely for a series of tweets containing anti-gay slurs that began as a commentary about gay Missouri football player Michael Sam, CBS Cleveland reports:

“I can’t even watch Sports Center today cause all they are talking about is Marcus Smart or that fag from Mizzou…” Wheeler tweeted.

In addition to the initial tweet, Wheeler responded to 2 other users with a homophobic slur before tweeting, “O geez I got all these fag boys mad at me now.”

...The tweets were deleted and Wheeler’s twitter account is no longer active but the gay-oriented web site OutrageDC.com captured and published a screen grab the tweets and called for users to contact the university, the school’s athletic director, Wheeler’s wrestling coach as well as the Mid-American Conference in protest.

Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/#ixzz2t2oVrlJb

http://www.towleroad.com/2014/02/four-ohio-couples-file-lawsuit-against-state-to-have-same-sex-marriages-recognized-on-birth-certific.html

After Judge Timothy Black's ruling in December, which ordered Ohio officials to recognize same-sex marriages on death certificates despite the state's 2004 ban on such unions, four couples have been inspired to fight for their, and their children's, rights.

OhioThe couples, all of whom were legally married in other states but have ties to Ohio through their children, or soon-to-be-born children, filed a lawsuit against the state to have their marriages recognized on birth certificates. They stated that being forced to list only one parent is a violation of their rights according to the U.S. Constitution.

http://www.towleroad.com/2014/02/gays-have-ruined-sports-for-fox-news-contributor-todd-starnes.html

Todd Starnes is very, very sad. After seeing gay weddings in the Rose Bowl Parade, the various outpourings of support for gay Olympians and condemnations of Russia's abominable laws, having a meltdown over the Grammy weddings, and now with Michael Sam daring to come out as an openly gay football player, sports have been ruined for Starnes forever.

Said Starnes, in part, on Facebook:

I should’ve learned my lesson after the Rose Bowl Parade and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

It’s all about advancing a cultural agenda — no matter the cost.

We are no longer allowed to have fun and enjoy sports or entertainment programs. How sad.

Offline what.the.hell.have.i

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2014, 06:06:17 AM »
http://perezhilton.com/2014-02-10-same-sex-marriages-will-be-recognized-in-all-federal-legal-matters-eric-holder-justice-department

The U.S. Justice Department will issue a memo today that will usher in the latest milestone for gay rights!

Same-sex marriages will now be recognized in ALL federal legal matters from coast to coast! That means even in states that have bans on gay marriage, couples who live there will still be permitted to do such things as file for bankruptcy, visit each other in prison or be entitled to survivor benefits.

K, well all of those things are kind of downers, but this is still a MAJOR step towards making marriage equality law in all 50 states!

Attorney General Eric Holder announced the new recognition at Saturday’s Human Rights Campaign's gala in New York City. He compared his fight for gay rights to the 1960s civil rights movement and then-Attorney General Robert Kennedy’s quest for equality.

Holder said:

"This means that, in every courthouse, in every proceeding, and in every place where a member of the Department of Justice stands on behalf of the United States — they will strive to ensure that same-sex marriages receive the same privileges, protections and rights as opposite-sex marriages under federal law.”
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline devo

« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2014, 06:08:53 AM »
And it starts...

Kent State wrestler Sam Wheeler has been suspended indefinitely for a series of tweets containing anti-gay slurs that began as a commentary about gay Missouri football player Michael Sam, CBS Cleveland reports:

“I can’t even watch Sports Center today cause all they are talking about is Marcus Smart or that fag from Mizzou…” Wheeler tweeted.

In addition to the initial tweet, Wheeler responded to 2 other users with a homophobic slur before tweeting, “O geez I got all these fag boys mad at me now.”

...The tweets were deleted and Wheeler’s twitter account is no longer active but the gay-oriented web site OutrageDC.com captured and published a screen grab the tweets and called for users to contact the university, the school’s athletic director, Wheeler’s wrestling coach as well as the Mid-American Conference in protest.

Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/#ixzz2t2oVrlJb

I go Kent State - learned about this nitwit 'cause it was the headline story of today's school paper.

Offline Gary

• It's a dangerous line of work...
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2014, 02:40:00 AM »
Todd Starnes is very, very sad. After seeing gay weddings in the Rose Bowl Parade, the various outpourings of support for gay Olympians and condemnations of Russia's abominable laws, having a meltdown over the Grammy weddings, and now with Michael Sam daring to come out as an openly gay football player, sports have been ruined for Starnes forever.

Said Starnes, in part, on Facebook:

I should’ve learned my lesson after the Rose Bowl Parade and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

It’s all about advancing a cultural agenda — no matter the cost.

We are no longer allowed to have fun and enjoy sports or entertainment programs. How sad.

From what I've read, Todd Starnes is probably the most vocally homophobic guy on Fox News nowadays. So much that he was a guest on a Libertarian style show on Fox Business and tried to pull the "fucking gays are ruining everything" card, and the hosts-in particular Kennedy (you know, the girl who was a VJ for MTV) were having none of it.

I AM THE CHEESE! I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW!! I AM BETTER THAN BOTH THE SALAMI AND THE BOLOGNA COMBINED!!

someone on here just called me a "Cunk" because my wife wont let me buy a harp.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2014, 05:22:53 AM »

Offline devo

« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2014, 11:10:33 AM »

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • I AM THE MASCOT CHAMPION!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2014, 04:43:34 AM »
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2014, 08:22:22 AM »
http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/199057-lobbyist-drafting-bill-to-ban-gays-from-nfl

I'm surprised The Onion didn't come up with this first.

"Imagine your son being forced to shower with a gay man. That’s a horrifying prospect for every mom redeck, hot blooded, American FATHER in the country."

Fixed.  Dude should get a real proof reader.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2014, 11:05:10 AM »
Gov Brewer did the right thing & veto'd the AZ bill.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2014, 01:02:15 PM »
Gov Brewer didn't want to lose the Super Bowl & veto'd the AZ bill.

Fixed.

if i stop posting, you know they got me

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2014, 02:48:09 AM »
South Dakota About to Be Challenged over Same-Sex Marriage

Once Robrahn and Rosenkranz get married — which they plan to do later this year in another state — they'll return to South Dakota and file a lawsuit that will challenge the state for not recognizing their marriage certificate and the benefits that come with it.

South Dakota and 33 other states do not recognize same-sex marriage. But that number has declined from just a year ago as judges in several states — including Utah, Oklahoma, Virginia and Texas  — have struck down state bans as unconstitutional. A judge in Kentucky overturned part of that state's ban; Kentucky must now recognized same-sex marriages from other states.

State marriage licenses give couples access to a variety of special benefits, according to GLAAD, a gay and lesbian advocacy center. The organization says these rights include automatic inheritance, child custody and hospital visitation rights, medical decision-making powers, access to family insurance policies, standing to sue for a spouse's wrongful death, and immunity from having to testify against one's spouse.

A Pew Research Center poll released this week stated that over 60 percent of Republicans under the age of 30 support gay marriage, while 30 percent of Republicans between 50 and 64 would like to see gays and lesbians have the right to marry. About 77 percent of Democrats under 30 favor gay marriage; two-thirds of Democrats between 50 and 64 favor it.

In 2006, South Dakota voters approved banning gay marriage 52 percent to 48 percent. Pennington County voters approved it by an even slimmer margin, 51 percent to 49 percent.

Despite being held out, LGBT Irish snuck in a float anyway

Parade organizers and the statewide gay rights group MassEquality were locked in a standoff in recent weeks. At issue was a two-decade prohibition on gay organizations marching openly. Parade organizers argued that they had never banned gay marchers but barred groups that wanted to use the parade to make a political statement.

The float with the rainbow cannon fire was pulled by a pickup truck with a banner that read, “Celebrate the diversity of Boston.” But there was nothing to indicate that the group consisted largely of gay marchers.

In its parade application, the contingent described its entry as a “diversity float” that would welcome people of all races, ethnicities, and sexual orientations. They had approval from parade organizers to wear scarves with a variety of colors and symbols, including an equal sign for gay rights.

But none of the marchers wore scarves.

Along the route, the cheers continued as the men tossed beads into the crowd. The group did not encounter any hostility.

“It’s better than I expected,” Martin said. “It’s been a nice surprise.”

A second contingent in the parade, The South Boston Association of Non-Profits, also included members of the gay community in its group. They carried colorful banners that bore slogans such as, “We stand for inclusion” and “We stand for unity.”

“People were very happy to see us,” said Michael Dowling, president of the association, which includes 70 different nonprofits in South Boston. “We got a lot of thanks. We got a lot of applause. Nothing negative at all. We’re already talking about our float for next year.”

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• CWM
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2014, 07:43:14 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/passionateeye/episodes/hunted-gays-in-russia

Watched this last night. Well I made it about 15 minutes before I couldn't take it anymore because I was so angry/sad. I won't try and claim Canada/US is great when it comes to its treatment of gay people by any means but we've come a long way in a short time and hopefully we'll keep progressing.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2014, 12:06:33 PM »
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2014/04/23/3429726/south-carolina-town-defends-fired-lesbian-police-chief-against-anti-gay-mayor/

Last week, we (Towleroad) reported the developing story on the controversial firing of Police Chief Crystal Moore of Latta, South Carolina. Moore says she was fired by Mayor Earl Bullard because of her sexual orientation, a claim backed up by a leaked audio recording of Bullard saying he’d rather have an alcoholic be responsible for his kids than a gay person with a “questionable” lifestyle.

First, the Latta Town Council voted unanimously (6-0) on an emergency ordinance that blocks Bullard from replacing Moore for about two months. During that time, the town will have a chance to vote on a referendum adjusting the basic governing structure to grant more power to the council and less to the mayor. If that adjustment is made, council members say they will vote to rehire Moore.

In a separate symbolic vote, the council voted 6-0 to support Moore for her 20 years of service to the town.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20140423/UPDATE/140423017/Judge-hears-oral-arguments-federal-challenge-Oregon-s-same-sex-marriage-ban?nclick_check=1

The judge’s questions and comments were divided into two categories. The first were legal questions about how he could decide the case in the plaintiffs’ favor, and the second group of inquires raised issues brought up in other cases by opponents of same-sex unions.

McShane asked whether he should allow Oregon voters to decide the issue through a proposed ballot initiative in November, saying his decision could tell voters who approved defining marriage as being between one man and one woman in 2004 that “the entire ballot initiative they went through was a hollow exercise.”

Sheila Potter, who works for the Oregon Attorney General’s Office asked McShane to “take a stand” and say that constitutional rights are not something voters get to give or take away.

“That’s the purpose of a right,” Potter said. “You don’t get to vote on other people’s rights.”

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2014, 09:10:14 AM »
From that link... Really puts it into perspective how quickly this is all happening.  It's been A DECADE, people!

Offline devo

« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2014, 09:30:33 AM »
Pretty great news. My husband and I were gonna go to Delaware to get the legal stuff taken care of, but now we can just go up the street tomorrow morning.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2014, 08:55:26 AM »
A federal judge overturned Wisconsin's ban today!  Our huge-govt Republican leaders will waste some more money appealing but fuck em.

Offline hyperchord24

« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2014, 04:27:40 AM »
I see what you did there.  A lesbian couple moved in next door.  Good for them.  Don't know if I could be so courageous.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2014, 07:48:44 AM »
So I saw something on TV the other day about a gay black man. He was going on and on about how black people are the most homophobic and their culture is very anti-gay.
I never knew this. Was he just blowing smoke or is that true?

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2014, 08:33:53 AM »
So I saw something on TV the other day about a gay black man. He was going on and on about how black people are the most homophobic and their culture is very anti-gay.
I never knew this. Was he just blowing smoke or is that true?

Eh... depends on which sources you use really but African Americans/Latinos tend to rate higher than Caucasians in terms of homophobia/stances against gay marriage.

From a 3/10/14 Poll http://www.pewforum.org/2014/03/10/graphics-slideshow-changing-attitudes-on-gay-marriage/

54% of Caucasians favor vs. just 43% of Blacks.  Couple that with Baby Boomers only favoring at 48% (vs. Gen X 55% and Millennials 68%) that may explain some as well.

Offline The ghost of bps21

• Wade the Duck says: Your brush with Greatness is OVER!
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2014, 09:48:34 AM »
The black turnout in the 08 election for Obama is how it got repealed in California in the first place.  Similarly...i believe the numbers have improved alot among blacks since Obama decided he was pro gay

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2014, 10:04:51 AM »
I could be talking out of my ass, but I'm p. sure Christianity plays a big part in African Americans & Latinos being anti-gay.

Offline The ghost of bps21

• Wade the Duck says: Your brush with Greatness is OVER!
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2014, 10:14:39 AM »
Probably.  Or maybe its just cool to be on the side that gets to persecute for a change

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2014, 06:54:28 AM »
Wisconsin judge executed a stay striking down the Gay Marriage Ban...

She said that if left to her own judgment, she would not have stayed her order and would have allowed same-sex marriages to go forward. But she said she felt compelled to halt them because of how the U.S. Supreme Court and other courts have acted in similar cases.

Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/#ixzz34e2e1X4U

http://www.towleroad.com/2014/06/freedom-to-marry-lance-bass-to-go-for-world-record-with-toast-to-gay-marriage.html

On June 16th, Lance Bass – in partnership with Freedom to Marry, SKYY Vodka, and #ToastToMarriage– will kick off a nationwide campaign for marriage equality with an attempt at the Guinness World Record for the Largest Arms-Linked Toast. 

The kick-off toast in Atlanta, Georgia will be followed by a series of events across the country to raise awareness and funds for Freedom to Marry. Events will be held in Fort Lauderdale, Philadelphia, Columbus, Chicago, New Orleans, Houston, Phoenix, San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2014, 06:48:00 AM »
Indiana's & Utah's bans were struck down today.  Utah going to appeal to the Supreme Court.

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline Lord of The Curry

« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2014, 07:11:20 AM »
Toronto is finishing up hosting World Pride today and holy fuck this week has been crazy. My gf works right at Church and Wellsley aka the gay village and it's just wild. Saw more bare tits then swinging dicks, definitely a dick decrease in the last few years which I get because that's the main drawback for families not wanting to bring their kids. All in all, a party. Way to go gays.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2014, 06:04:29 AM »
Did you get caught in that random 20 minute torrential downpour? So glad my friend had the foresight (aka checking the weather) to bring an umbrella.

« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2014, 06:25:49 AM »
Well yes and no, I had my umbrella. Most people were on drugs so they didn't care. The security in the village was shit, though. My gf almost got punched for trying to tell a dude he couldn't crack a tall can of Old Milwaukee in her store, he only got out of her face when a Pride volunteer flashed their credentials and told the guy that he'd have cops on him if she sounded an alarm.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2014, 06:39:24 AM »
Yeah a lot of people seemed to like the downpour.. it definitely broke the humidity for a bit, at least! Security was definitely on the shit side, I agree.

« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2014, 06:41:50 AM »
The only cops I saw were too busy taking photo's with topless girls.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2014, 06:57:24 AM »
The only cops I saw were too busy taking photo's with topless girls.

Our gay pride parade is nothing like this. Oklahoma people need to get on the ball.

« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2014, 07:09:44 AM »
We have quite possibly the gayest of all gay pride parades.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2014, 07:23:32 AM »
It was quite gay!

« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2014, 07:29:34 AM »
Is there a certain week of the year devoted to awful tattoos? Because they need to piggyback off of Pride Week, it seems the two mingle well together. Ditto for underage girls showing way, way too much skin under the pretense of "expression."

Offline 2GOLD

« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2014, 07:37:31 AM »
So your gay pride parade is basically Mardi Gras? Interesting.

« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2014, 07:47:01 AM »
With more dicks and less tits. And the tits you see are hideous to look at 99% of the time.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2014, 08:26:19 AM »
Yes, lots of "gravity has not been kind to your tits" tits. :(

« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2014, 08:30:01 AM »
I saw very few pairs that actually caused my gaze to linger.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2014, 06:50:48 AM »
Kentucky (!) next up to legalize - http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2014/07/01/gays-right-marry-kentucky-judge-rules/11900313/

LIRL

Attorney Leigh Latherow, whose Ashland firm was hired by Gov. Steve Beshear to defend the ban after Attorney General Jack Conway refused to do so, referred questions to a spokesman for the governor, Terry Sebastian, who said only that state would appeal.

Heyburn rejected the only justification offered by lawyers for Beshear — that traditional marriages contribute to a stable birth rate and the state's long-term economic stability.

"These arguments are not those of serious people," he said.

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2014, 06:31:57 AM »
So which state will be last to the finish line? I say within 5 years every state will have legalized gay marriage.

Offline Čœrêÿ Łåżárüß

• Live Tax Free or Die
  • everyone gets laid
« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2014, 07:57:28 AM »
So which state will be last to the finish line? I say within 5 years every state will have legalized gay marriage.
Texas. Duh.

1981-2018
reign over all
Maybe the real deep state was the friends we made along the way.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2014, 08:32:47 AM »

Oklahoma and Texas will fight to the death...

Offline 2GOLD

« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2014, 12:13:22 PM »

Texas maybe literally. They already want to be their own country.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2014, 01:46:33 PM »

I concur on Oklahoma. This state is the buckle of the bible belt. If you aren't a conservative Christian in this state then you're a small minority.
Seriously when I was single I had so many promising dates end with "Well I can't see you because you're not a Christian. I need a man I can pray with!"

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2014, 02:09:08 PM »
I don't think Alaska will be last but we'll be in the last 5 or last 10. Way too much red neckery up here.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.