Author Topic: THE DIVISION  (Read 1045 times)

Description:

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
THE DIVISION
« on: March 11, 2016, 08:26:05 AM »
So should this just be the Division thread?

I'm really liking it so far.  I know a lot of people are saying there is a lot of repetition in what you do and who you fight, but I think the setting is REALLY well done and dark as hell.  I haven't gone into the Dark Zone since I'm only level 8 and it seems to recommend level 10, but when I played the beta the Dark Zone was a blast

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Re: THE DIVISION
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 11:17:27 AM »
Just got it today. Kinda feels like Destiny with the MMOish setup, which is a positive IMO. They have one over on Destiny with their matchmaking mechanics already, though. Great stuff.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Broward

• THUGBUTT CHEATERS
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 09:44:42 AM »
Loving The Division right now. So easy to grind out missions and the back story is majorly engrossing

If anyone on here has it for Xbox, I'm down.

Offline Edwin

• Smash and bang is my favorite combination
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 10:19:42 AM »
Let me know how it is after a few weeks and once you've finished all the main story stuff.  I'm finishing up Until Dawn and Wolfenstein, but might get into this if it's got some staying power and doesn't feel too grindy.

Offline Broward

• THUGBUTT CHEATERS
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 11:42:23 PM »
Whelp, hit Lvl 30 last night. Really enjoyed the story that was told. Now to grind for the rest of the BoO and to start trying to get High End gear.

Offline Conspiracy_Victim

• MY WHOLE BRAIN IS CRYING!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 02:47:00 PM »
Whelp, hit Lvl 30 last night. Really enjoyed the story that was told. Now to grind for the rest of the BoO and to start trying to get High End gear.

PS4? Haven't seen you on much/at all.  I'm DZing, hit me up if you want to do dailies or DZ.  Got some high ends (including a Midas I just got from the DZ) so I can hold my own.

Offline Broward

• THUGBUTT CHEATERS
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 05:13:35 PM »
Xbox. I picked up the ps4 pretty much just for Street Fighter. The Show comes out in a week, so I'll probably be playing on it a bit more.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 05:16:28 PM »
Still playing this.  Some of the later missions get savage if you are alone.  The enemies have no problem swarming your ass and you pretty much have to keep moving to survive.

I'm waiting until I hit 30 to really get into the Dark Zone because that seems to be where the longevity for this game will come from.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 08:27:16 AM »
I picked this back up after their big revamp and they've done a good job giving you stuff to do after hitting level 30 and finishing the story.  I thought only the Dark Zone would be what keeps people coming but they've added a lot of MMO-style trappings in the main world and I keep finding better loot where before I kinda hit a wall after beating the last mission.

Plus, the survival mode DLC they just put out sounds really interesting.

Offline L'AZentat

• Freie Kultur Kreuzfeuer
  • HURRAY YANKEE BLUE JEANS
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 02:02:45 PM »
Bumping this because I nabbed it a couple weeks ago for $20. Anybody still play on PS4 and want to party up?
Maybe the real deep state was the friends we made along the way.

Offline L'AZentat

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 01:37:32 PM »
GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKERS THE GLOBAL EVENT MEANS CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT SO STOP DICKING AROUND WITH YOUR MARKSMAN RIFLES AND GET BEHIND THE GUY WITH THE BALLISTIC SHIELD.

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 08:30:05 AM »
Yeah I've been running around with my Showstopper and new Tommy Gun blasting away at close quarters.

Offline L'AZentat

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 03:22:20 AM »
1.8 is out. Fooled around with the Optimization Station quick this morning. Each roll takes 50 DivTech and some regular currency, so get to farming! I only had enough to get a few rolls on my primary loadout (4-piece Striker classified, 2-piece Sentry classified, tanky build), but my gear score nearly capped early.

Be sure to switch back to World Tier 5 after signing in for the first time because they've reset the tiers. Your 256 gear score should also be upped to 275 at log in.

Offline L'AZentat

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 11:16:16 AM »
Bump. They're running a GE each weekend for March so players can have more chances at getting the classified gear they want. I'm still one piece away from a full Lone Star classified set and just completed my Striker classified this afternoon. I still haven't gotten the House, though.

:-/
GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKERS THE GLOBAL EVENT MEANS CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT SO STOP DICKING AROUND WITH YOUR MARKSMAN RIFLES AND GET BEHIND THE GUY WITH THE BALLISTIC SHIELD.
Still true. What the hell, people? The description literally tells you that your damage is increased in close quarters and the further modifiers make it clear that a further distance allows the enemy to deal more damage. SO WHY ARE YOU NOT FACE TANKING?!?!

Also, The Division 2 has been announced, which has been rumored for the last couple of weeks. Here's to hoping they learned their lesson from how botched and broken the first was at launch and at least use the 1.8 update as a base.

And maybe mess with the RNG a bit so you don't keep getting inferior versions of gear you've had for months.

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 07:10:54 PM »
Finished a 6 piece Final Measure and Lone Star sets so far.  The Lone Star is hilarious.  The six piece bonus gives you a 75% chance of proccing "Berserk" at 50% ammo, which will refill your ammo and up your damage and firing speed.  I was farming Lex and one of the guys hit his Tactical Link at the start of the last big fight while I was using the Big Alejandro (LMG, 1000 Rounds Per Minute base) I procced Berserk and basically mowed down everything.  After a little investigation, I figure I hit about 1800 RPM.  Bullet hosed everything.

Offline L'AZentat

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 12:40:43 AM »
I'm still missing my LS classified mask, so I've been rocking a Ninja build that gives me 3 piece Alpha, 3 piece Lone Star, and 2 piece Striker. M4 and a Showstopper, both with Responsive, and my firearms are at least 7500 with crit chance of %20.5.

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 08:46:55 AM »
For my firearms based sets (Lone Star, Deadeye, Hunter's Faith) I've gone full glass cannon of 9-10k firearms, minimal electronics, and the rest stamina (about 3k or so.)  My LS Showstopper has a listed damage of just over 500k.  I love the set, even though it's not terribly viable for any PvP and is too bullet intensive for Resistance unless you want to spend the tech unlocking the reload stations.  It does help that LS set lets you have double the ammo carrying capacity though.