Author Topic: Paul Ryan retiring?  (Read 282 times)

Description: If we let him fuck us, he'll leave

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
    • View Profile
Paul Ryan retiring?
« on: December 14, 2017, 03:57:41 AM »
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/12/14/paul-ryan-retire-speaker-ready-leave-washington-216103
The speaker has since gone public with this aspiration, suggesting that 2018 should be the year Washington finally tackles what he sees as the systemic problems with Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

Tinkering with the social safety net is a bold undertaking, particularly in an election year. But Ryan has good reason for throwing caution to the wind: His time in Congress is running short.

He told his predecessor, John Boehner, that it would be his last job in politics—and that it wasn’t a long-term proposition. In the months following Trump’s victory, he began contemplating the scenarios of his departure. More recently, over closely held conversations with his kitchen cabinet, Ryan’s preference has become clear: He would like to serve through Election Day 2018 and retire ahead of the next Congress. This would give Ryan a final legislative year to chase his second white whale, entitlement reform, while using his unrivaled fundraising prowess to help protect the House majority—all with the benefit of averting an ugly internecine power struggle during election season

I hope he gets hit by a bus.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
    • View Profile
Re: Paul Ryan retiring?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 06:04:10 AM »
Ryan ranks as charmingly evil on the supervillian scale.  lower level

where is batman man?

Online 209

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 06:26:58 AM »
Wave election in 2018. It's coming.

Bobby: Not that much. I check out the sites on occasion but I'm not big into computers. I've actually tried going into wrestling chat rooms on occasion. From what I've seen, everyone's swearing at one another and no one is talking about wrestling.

http://www.ddtdigest.com/features/eaton.htm

Offline PROUD CITIZEN OF THE UNITED SHITHOLES OF AMERICA

• PosterFest Winner
  • Your POV
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 07:22:52 AM »
nicholsonnodding.gif

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 07:53:56 AM »
i knew he was done when i read he was only up in the polls of some unknown dem by 6 points.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 08:51:19 AM »
Yeah. I could see that smug cunt bail out before giving us the satisfaction of seeing him lose his spot.

• KOAB
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 11:24:18 AM »
I find it weird in theory that a young, highly powerful politician is deciding to abandon his career and is literally getting the fuck out of town.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 12:55:38 PM »
I find it weird in theory that a young, highly powerful politician is deciding to abandon his career and is literally getting the fuck out of town.

Lobbyist.  Or, If he stays in Wisconsin, he's good forever with his millions.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 05:51:31 PM »
I was thinking that Trump wouldn't run again in four years citing "health" so as not to lose. Further thinking this was reinforced seeing Paul Ryan retiring. I think this is going to be a wrestling "retirement" and this shit is going to reemerge in 2019.

Not likely at all, but shit I think about in the car driving around.