Author Topic: Old School Thread: Nintendo, SNES, Genesis, N64, Playstation 1 and more  (Read 14784 times)

Description:

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • I AM THE MASCOT CHAMPION!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
Re: Old School Thread: Nintendo, SNES, Genesis, N64, Playstation 1 and more
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2017, 01:57:20 PM »
I started playing Star Tropics on the NES Classic. It's interesting that is a combination of LOZ game play and dungeons with with a large open world map.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2017, 03:00:09 AM »
$75? You got a hell of a deal. The ones with all the games already installed are going for more than twice that on eBay now. My guess is that the NES Classic craze drove up the market.

I got it on Craigslist. The guy was super nice and installed everything I asked for. It's a raspberry pi zero which also makes it a little cheaper but everything plays smoothly so I'm not complaining.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • I AM THE MASCOT CHAMPION!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2017, 02:48:33 PM »
Today was the N64's 21st birthday!

I'll always cherish the memories of my cousins and I playing Goldeneye and Mario on this then mind blowing machine

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2017, 06:20:56 PM »
Oh man I just got back from a friend's house and he was playing the original Japanese Contra. Damn thing had an intro, cut scenes, and a few other nice nuances that I'd never seen before. Stage 5 had actual snowfall that affected game play more than the US version.

Just a reminder of how Americans are viewed by the Japanese from a gaming standpoint.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2018, 03:49:02 AM »
Watching "The Completionist" suck at Super Punch Out because he won't slow down and counterpunch is making me more upset than it should.  It's like when James Rolfe sucks at games on James and Mike Monday, only to beat shitty/hard games for the Nerd vids. AHHHHHHHHHH!

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • Death Pool Winner
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2018, 03:50:04 PM »
Watching "The Completionist" suck at Super Punch Out because he won't slow down and counterpunch is making me more upset than it should.  It's like when James Rolfe sucks at games on James and Mike Monday, only to beat shitty/hard games for the Nerd vids. AHHHHHHHHHH!

Super Punch-Out is a game I can pop in every few years and get through pretty easy. I won't set any records, but I can get through without losing a fight. Always loved it.

I kinda fell out of AVGN when he did an unwatchable Christmas episode a couple years back. Should probably dip my toe back in