Author Topic: MONSTER HUNTER WORLD  (Read 212 times)

Description: Early 2018

Offline what.the.hell.have.i

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
MONSTER HUNTER WORLD
« on: June 13, 2017, 02:00:14 AM »

About time Capcom gave something massive from this series to the bigger consoles/PC. Day one!
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Re: MONSTER HUNTER WORLD
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 07:37:33 AM »
So, this game came out on Friday. It's basically everything I've wanted out of a MonHun game. Highly recommended to anyone who has wanted to get into this series but wasn't sure where to start. Here are a couple of livestreams I did last night if you want an idea of how it plays in the early going (story spoilers obviously).

Online Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 01:03:26 AM »
I don't have the time I used to have, so I was enjoying it for a few days just running around killing Great Jagras, etc.

I finally made it to the second zone and at first encounter the Barroth fucking wrecked me. After fainting I tracked it down again and slowly started chipping off it's armor and wounding it. When it started limping away I got so pumped - I chased it down into a bog and finished it off.

Then I make it back to town and was able to upgrade my weapon big time using the materials from the kill. Also I had killed enough Jagras to make that set and get away from the starting armor.

I think I am really going to enjoy this game.
Show loose women what I'm workin' with.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 01:35:55 AM »
Man, I was going after that Barroth as well.. and I don't know if this was just something that happened or if it was supposed to happen as per the game story, but a fucking DIABLOS came out of nowhere so I high tailed it behind a giant rock.. the Diablos and the Barroth looked like they were going to fight but Diablos took a turn and fucking tore a hole in the ground and basically opened up another part of the map. It was pretty cool to see!

Online Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 02:19:01 AM »
Sounds like a wild scene.

I also stupidly tried to fight that dragon (Rathain?) just to see how it went... not well.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 09:54:22 AM »
Apparently Asuka created herself in the game, 958857696815603713[/tweet]?s=09]?s=09[/url]

Online Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 03:02:49 AM »
It took me about 5 tries (so 15, I guess) but I finally beat the Anjanath. A Rathalos swooping in and wrecking its shit for about 1000 damage helped me out big time, and then I had to run away from the Rathalos I was in no shape to fight. It actually caused my first faint while I was sprinting away. Luckily I was able to get it on my last shot at the quest.

Slowly but surely I'm getting there.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 03:23:55 AM »
I love that this is much more drop-in/drop-out friendly than Destiny. I feel much less lost or behind with this game after not playing for a week. This weekend I stuck to only answering SOS flares and it was super fun. Didn't advance any quests, but got a TON of Tobi Kadachi (pain in the ass lightning lizard) crafting materials for better armor and weapon upgrades.