Author Topic: 2017 Match of the Year Candidates  (Read 2609 times)

Description: post MOTYC itt

Offline 209

• CXF Writer
    • View Profile
2017 Match of the Year Candidates
« on: January 03, 2017, 06:15:14 PM »
Somebody here was going to post this, and before the big card that is happening while I am about to be sleeping, it should be posted.

Post all candidates in here for debate, discussion, and so that others can watch them.

1/2/17: ShujiIshikawa/KoheiSato vs. DaisukeSekimoto/Okabayashi
1/4/17: Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada
1/4/17: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito
1/4/17: Katuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto
1/15/17: Tyler Bates vs. Pete Dunne
1/29/17: John Cena vs. AJ Styles
2/5/17: Kazuchika Okada vs. Minoru Suzuki
2/11/17: Tetsuya Naito vs. Michael Elgin
2/11/17: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Dragon Lee
2/13/17: Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair
2/24/17: Cavenario/VoladorJr Vs UltimoGuerrero/Valiente
3/6/17: Drew Galloway Vs Will Ospreay
3/6/17: Kazuchika Okada Vs Tiger Mask W
3/12/17: Tomohiro Ishii Vs Kenny Omega (NJ Cup)
3/20/17: Io Shirai Vs Kairi Hojo
3/27/17: Miyahara/Sekimoto/Mashimo Vs Zeus/JakeLee/RyoijiSai
4/6/17: Aja Kong Vs Chihiro Hashimoto
4/9/17: Okada Vs Katsuyori Shibata
4/16/17 Champion Carnival: Kento Miyahara Vs Jake Lee
4/26/17: Trevor Lee Vs Chip Day (CWF Mid-Atlantic)
4/21/17: Jeff Cobb Vs Keith Lee (PWG)
5/17/17 BOSJ: Ricochet Vs Will Ospreay
5/20/17: Tyler Bate Vs Pete Dunne
6/11/17 : Hiromu Takahasi vs. Kushida
6/11/17: :Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito
6/11/17 Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada
7/7/17: Zack Sabre Jr Vs Chuck Taylor (PWG)
7/17/17: G1 Tanahashi Vs Sabre
7/17/17 G1: Naito Vs Ibushi
7/21/17 G1: Ibushi Vs Sabre
8/2/17 G1: EVIL Vs Omega
8/5/17 G1: Okada Vs EVIL
8/6/17 G1: Okada Vs Minoru Suzuki
8/11/17 G1: Tanahashi Vs Naito
8/12/17 G1: Okada Vs Omega
8/13/17 G1: Omega Vs Naito
8/13/17: Jack Gallagher Vs Travis Banks
8/20/17: Brock Vs Braun Vs Joe Vs Reigns

Offline Lord Buckethead

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Match of the Year Candidates
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 03:45:09 AM »
I don't watch much outside WWE but begins and ends with Revival vs DIY 2/3 Falls at Takeover Toronto for me

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

My Half.com Store - Get Your Movies, Games and Music on the Cheap!

Offline Lord Buckethead

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 03:45:40 AM »
Whoops - this is for the new year, not last year - sorry...

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 08:10:10 AM »
NJPW already had at least 2 at wrestlekingdom with Tanahashi/Naito and especially Okada/Omega.

Okada/Omega was edge of your seat watching it live because there was probably a dozen times I thought it was over for both guys. I'm sure some purists will think it was over kill but this is WrestleKingdom MAAAAAAAN. They left it allllllll out there. Just so much insanity in that match I can't even begin.

Goto/Shibata was also great. The intensity they have is off the charts. If I didn't know they were best friends I'd think they legit hated each other. They have some of the best FUCK YOU DIE chemistry I've seen.

Takahashi/KUSHIDA was at the 4 star level but was sloppy and had a big botch in it so I can't put it at the MOTYC level but considering how young takahashi is and how fucking insane he is I'm expecting him to either die or get mentioned a lot more. He's got a damn death wish with some of the shit he does. They do a spot in the corner I won't spoil that I don't think I've ever seen and I expect someone in WWE to steal soon.

Naito/Tanahashi was a great variation on the Tanahashi main event with Tanahashi basically acting like a heel. HE TOSSED AWAY THE AIR GUITAR! Cena take notes!

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 01:26:34 AM »
Yeah, the top two matches I'd put at ***** for Omega/Okada and **** 3/4 for Tanahashi/Naito I think.

Shibata/Goto at **** 1/2 and Kushida/Kamitachi at probably the **** range, would have been more if not for that botch, which at least came off completely brutally stiff, but it was still a botch.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • View Profile
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 11:59:57 AM »
I watched Omega/Okada today and loved it to death. I can't imagine anything being better than that (even with 97% of 2017 to go) though I haven't seen the other big match from that show that people are raving over.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 09:13:06 AM »
Tyler Bates vs Pete Dunne - UK Tournament Finals

Great match that could have gone either way and the crowd was red hot. Do I think it'll be MOTY? No, but it deserves to get a mention at this point.

DTF

Offline Lord Buckethead

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 12:14:57 PM »
If you sit down and watch the whole tournament, the finals told a great story but if you are sitting down watching one match with no context, Dunne vs Andrews was my match of the tournament.

Offline 209

• CXF Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 02:53:30 PM »
John Cena vs. AJ Styles - Royal Rumble 2017

In you go.

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 09:58:48 AM »
Okada Vs Minoru Suzuki 2/5

Deserves to be watched even though I don't think it matches up with some of the others. Tells a great story with MiSu just relentlessly going after Okada's leg and Okada refusing to die. They really built to the finishers as well.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 01:35:07 AM »
Yeah, Suzuki/Okada was a hell of a match. I'd give it ***** if we are calling Omega/Okada ******.

I haven't seen insane endless selling like Okada did in years, maybe decades. He took a shit-kicking for sure.

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2017, 07:55:23 PM »
Naito Vs Elgin, 2/11/16 I'd put in the really high 4 1/2 or above category it deserve to go in here. Naito's heeling is great as the crowd really gets behind Elgin (and the crowds are normally pro Naito as LIJ is so over so it's a nice change) and Elgin's growth as a worker since coming to NJPW has really been tremendous. There are some nifty power spots in the match to highlight Elgin's strength as well. Just a really great performance from both guys.

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2017, 10:33:33 AM »
Thinking on it more I'll add Hiromu Takahashi Vs Dragon Lee 2/11/16 it deserves it for being the craziest highspot fest I've seen in forever.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • View Profile
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2017, 05:38:21 PM »
Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair from 2/13 Raw.  Just as good if not better than the Sasha/Charlotte matches last year because Bayley is incredible at selling.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
    • View Profile
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 10:26:35 AM »
Saw the Okada/Omega match and I think that's my MOTY right now. Bayley/Charlotte was really good but I'd go ***1/2 to ***3/4 there (I didn't like the ending tbh).

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 10:52:50 AM »
Kohei Sato and Shuji Ishikawa Vs Sekimoto and Okabayashi, 1/2/17 Big Japan Pro Wrestling

Twin Towers Vs STRONG BJ~! 3 of the 4 are big meaty dudes and Kohei is a big striker. Sekimoto and Oka are my favourite tag team of the decade in Japan (possibly anywhere) and Sekimoto especially is a great slugger. I'd put at 4 1/2 and a really good intro to these dudes.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
    • View Profile
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 03:34:37 AM »
Updated 909's first post with matches nominated so far. Ordered by date so at the end of the year people can watch/re-watch stuff.

Offline cheex incarnate

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 03:33:13 AM »
I'd like to add Will Ospreay vs. Drew Galloway from WCPW Exit Wounds to the list. I think you can check it out on their YouTube channel

Offline muzzington

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2017, 02:38:44 PM »
Tomohiro Ishii vs Kenny Omega - New Japan Cup - 12th March

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2017, 11:48:48 PM »
catching up a bit on NJPW and gotta throw some love at Okada Vs Tiger Mask W from march 6. I don't remember Ibushi even before becoming TMW getting that nasty and fired up with the facestomps and hard punches and dickishness and Okada was fired up right back which I haven't seen in a long time from him. Okada also busted out more of his athletic moves than he typically does to show he can hang. Finally getting a mask Ibushi can actually see out of really changed things lol. I was worried this would just be a lot of spots but they actually had a fun match here. I'd put it at an easy 4 1/2 personally.

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2017, 10:03:48 PM »
Okada Vs Shibata 4/9/17

Shibata's first IWGP Heavyweight shot (maybe ever but for sure since returning to the company in 2012) so there was a heavy storyline here of him finally earning his way back into the good books of the company after abandoning it in 2005 and also of this being him finally getting a chance to prove himself like his compatriots and fellow "new musketeers" Nakamura and Tanahashi.  Okada is in the midst of a run that makes Cena/Reigns look mortal. Super hot crowd on top of everything else made this special. I'm a gigantic Shibata mark so this was 4.5 stars for me just seeing him make it this far but even without being a mark for him it is a MOTYC.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2017, 09:56:00 AM »
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2pZgcrIXxdp9QmmPk4
Io Shirai vs. Kairi Hojo (3/20/17)

I admittedly have watched very little from 2017 so far, but this feels like a low-end MOTYC for me. I really like matches with a definitive ace and a strong sense of hierarchy, which is something that Japan used to excel at and rarely happens anymore. Hojo really makes the most of her periods on offense like she's a 10th rate Kobashi facing Hansen in '92. She knows she's only got a few shots before Io takes her out.

There is a lot of slop, though. Io does this crazy ass moonsault off of a stairway entrance like she's Super Crazy and just completely misses Hojo. And, really, is only an inch away from landing on the stairs and killing herself. Too much of Hojo's offense is that "you hold yourself up on the ropes while I climb up the turnbuckle to jump on you" stuff that I kinda hate. But it's not enough to turn me off the match. Hojo's top-rope elbow drop is either the best or worst thing I've ever seen. I can't even explain it, but it's definitely unique. She does one to the outside that's fucking crazy and one of the best dives I've seen in a while. There's a couple of moments of them situating themselves for their opponent to hit something, which I would usually hate, but it always leads to reversal, so it feels like they're purposefully baiting each other instead of just setting themselves up for the next spot. And there this moment where Io goes for a german and Hojo tries to elbow her to get out, but Io's already dropped to the ground selling her back despite there not being that much offense targeting her back up to that point.

The match also runs about 2 minutes too long as Hojo kicks out of a nasty suplex/moonsault combo that should have been the end. Still, all she got after that was a quick spear for a near fall before falling to a sick gut stomp, tombstone, and a (horribly missed) moonsault.

What looks good looks great, though. Hojo's axe kicks and forearms and Io's springboard dropkick and first moonsault are some highlights. Io has a nasty camel clutch, too. They also tease a lot of crazy shit on the concrete floor without actually hitting it, which I always enjoy.

If I had to do stars, I'd say ***3/4.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 08:33:44 AM »

Cavernario & Volador Jr. vs Último Guerrero & Valiente (2/24/17)

Excellent high-workrate tag match that would (mostly) feel right at home in peak ROH. Multiple "spot of the year" contenders mixed with excellent pacing and selling and some pretty good psychology during the technico comeback.

Guerrero does a bunch of deadlift power stuff that would make Cesaro proud. My favorite is probably during the first fall when he notices that Valiente is about to take a dive from Volador so he pushes him out of the way, catches Volador's somersault dive, and powerbombs him on the floor to effectively end the first fall.

There's too many great spots to mention, but Valiente's double springboard moonsault is one of the coolest things I've ever seen and Voldador's top-rope dive over the barrier into the seat on Valiente was really nasty.

See, guys, I do like high flying wrestling.

****1/2

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 08:51:14 AM »
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k3J8lUOXAHUZIbmAXte

Aja Kong vs. Chihiro Hashimoto (4/6/17)

I watched their first match from January where Aja beat Hashimoto for the title a few days ago and really didn't like it. It kinda felt like Aja was going through the motions until it was time to throw bombs for the finish. This match is much better paced and has a fun thread running throughout of Aja not being able to stay with Hashimoto on the mat, so she cheats and take shortcuts until she can get Hashimoto outside for plunderin'. Aja lays a world class post-2000 Aja Kong style beating on Hashimoto all around Korakuen. Once they get back inside, Hashimoto stuns Aja with a big german, which is a big deal because she wasn't able to get Aja up for anything big the last match and had expressed regret over it in the pre-match promo. Aja then decides it's not safe to get up anymore or she'll get dropped on her head again, so she goes after the leg, but Hashimoto eventually works her way back up, survives a spinning back-fist and a half, and finishes Aja off with a couple more germans.

A really great and smartly worked match. Aja plays the vulnerable monster better than almost anyone in wrestling and she does a great job here selling her fear of getting dropped by Hashimoto again. I'm not super sold on Hashimoto. She's kinda bland and didn't show much personality while getting beat down, but she's super young and has plenty of time to grow. With Kairi Hojo NXT bound and Io Shirai likely not far behind, Japan's going to need another top woman around and she's the only one I know who could fit the role.

****1/2

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • View Profile
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2017, 11:54:00 AM »
Tyler Bate vs. Pete Dunne - NXT Takeover: Chicago

Two stars were made.

Offline Damaramu

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2017, 03:36:43 AM »
After the year that Okada has had something truly special will need to happen for a WWE match to exceed several of his matches.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Lord Buckethead

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2017, 03:48:13 AM »
After the year that Okada has had something truly special will need to happen for a WWE match to exceed several of his matches.

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2017, 05:41:11 AM »
Even taking out the Shibata match because of knowing the repercussions Okada has has a phenomenal year and should have several more yet. That said I don't think his matches are untouchable.

I updated the list at the top. Don't think I missed anything. I'm watching the BOSJ right now and DragonLee/Hiromu was excllent and I thought about adding it, I think it falls a little short of a MOTY.

Offline Damaramu

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2017, 10:58:59 PM »
I thought their match from February was better.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2017, 01:16:16 AM »
I thought their match from February was better.

Same here. I'd put the BoSJ match with them at maybe ****, but the Feb one had a bit more craziness and physicality to it.

Thoughts on the Osperay/Ricochet match? I enjoyed it but trying to decide if it's MOTY quality, just because New Japan is having so many awesome matches this year, but it probably should be on the list.

Offline Damaramu

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2017, 02:10:30 AM »
I don't think it was a MOTY candidate but it was a very good match that was entertaining. But I did kind of like their match last year more too.

Offline cheex incarnate

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2017, 07:29:53 AM »
CWF Mid-Atlantic's YouTube page has an April 26 episode with an absolutely KILLER match between Trevor Lee and Chip Day. It's about 25 minutes and seriously worth your time. I nominate that match to be in the running

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2017, 05:40:30 AM »
After watching it a second time (and also watching last years match with them and comparing the two) I have to say the Ricochet/Osperay match from BOSJ last week should be on the list for sure. It held up better a second time than the first time I saw it actually. Probably the most athletic one-up the other, type of match this year so far.

Offline Detective Ventriloquist

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2017, 11:06:17 AM »
It's not the literal MOTY, but I just watched Jeff Cobb vs Keith Lee from Game Over, Man from PWG. If you're into hoss wrestling, it might be MOTY for that. Just 2 huge guys beating the shit out of each other. Cobb does a standing moonsault into a standing shooting star press. Guys that size shouldn't be allowed to move the way they do.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2017, 02:22:33 AM »
Yeah, Cobb is something else. I saw some good matches with him during Mania week in Orlando, and the same weekend as the ROH Anniversary ppv in Vegas, he worked a three way with Callihan and Brian Cage for a FSW show there that was incredible. Blew the crowd away.

Definite mention of MOTY candidate for Kushida/Osperay from this past weekend. Incredible match. Osperay against Takahashi from last week also was very strong overall. BoSJ had a couple handfuls of **** matches the entire series.

Offline Damaramu

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2017, 07:54:17 AM »
Yeah, Cobb is something else. I saw some good matches with him during Mania week in Orlando, and the same weekend as the ROH Anniversary ppv in Vegas, he worked a three way with Callihan and Brian Cage for a FSW show there that was incredible. Blew the crowd away.

Definite mention of MOTY candidate for Kushida/Osperay from this past weekend. Incredible match. Osperay against Takahashi from last week also was very strong overall. BoSJ had a couple handfuls of **** matches the entire series.

Man I must be in the minority. I loved this match and thought it was the second best Junior match of the year, but I still put Takahasi/Dragon Lee from February at the top of my list.

Offline Damaramu

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2017, 03:21:42 AM »
Dominion 06/11/2017:

Hiromu Takahasi vs. Kushida

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito

Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada

TAKE YOUR PICK

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2017, 04:05:53 AM »
Absolutely in agreement there.

I'd put Kushida/Takahashi at ***** (physically intense), same with Tanahashi/Naito (excellent psychology and drama) and if the Jan Omega/Okada match was ******, this had to be ****** as well with maybe a 1/4 added if you want to get particular. Unreal.

This has been, by far, the best year so far in a workrate standpoint in eons in wrestling as a whole. Mostly because of this renaissance of excellence in NJPW right now

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2017, 09:07:51 AM »
Tanahashi/Sabre and Ibushi/Sabre were both near the borderline for me and I've been extremely negative about Sabre until now. There's been other really solid matches in G1 but I don't know if it was because I was happy to see Sabre actually fitting in or what but those two matches have stood out to me as particularly good so far of what I've seen.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2017, 02:02:52 AM »
Yeah, I think I would say both of those matches would be MOTYC calibur. Possibly also Ibushi and Naito as that was a barnburner.

The first 4 nights of G1 were very eventful for sure and this is lining up to be an epic run this year for the G1. I've already lost track of how many **** matches, as example, there has been.

Okada and Elgin was pretty damn strong too from night 4 but just missed the MOTYC cut.

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2017, 05:23:35 AM »
I'll add the other matches from before G1 to the top of the list when I get a chance but G1 matches that should go on the list?

7/17 G1 Tanahashi Vs Sabre
7/17 G1 Naito Vs Ibushi
7/21 G1 Ibushi Vs Sabre
8/2 G1 EVIL Vs Omega
8/5 G1 Okada Vs EVIL
8/6 G1 Okada Vs Minoru Suzuki
8/11 G1 Tanahashi Vs Naito
8/12 G1 Okada Vs Omega
8/13 G1 Omega Vs Naito

I know others consider Elgin Vs Omega a MOTYC but it's not on my personal list
I haven't finished 8/1 yet so can't rank Tana/Ibushi
There were others like SANADA/EVIL and some of Goto and Nagata's and Juice's matches that are also really close but those are the ones that stood out to me.

Offline Čœrêÿ Łåżárüß

• Live Tax Free or Die
  • everyone gets laid
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2017, 12:42:43 PM »
Jack Gallagher/Travis Banks - 8/13/17
occasionally streaming sexy things, click below for details

It gets insane, and really speaks to how dumded down we are

Offline Detective Ventriloquist

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2017, 12:29:34 PM »
Zack Sabre, Jr. vs Chuck Taylor PWG Pushin' Forward Back.

It might not beat some of the other matches, but the story the match told, plus my emotional attachment to it (Chucky T is the reason I got into indies in the late 90s), this match was on a whole different level for me.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2017, 03:16:30 AM »
8 20 17 Brock Vs Braun Vs Joe Vs Roman, I was marking out the entire match (as was the whole chat and my kids so I know it wasn't just me). Everyone in the match used just a few moves but because of who they were it WORKED and the crowd reactions were tremendous. It was just a fucking demolition. Brock's best match in years. Roman trolled the fuck out of the crowd. Braun looked like a MONSTER. Joe held his own.

3 27 17 Miyahara/Sekimoto/Mashimo Vs Zeus/JakeLee/RyoijiSai, from AJPW. I'm trying to catch up on my backlog from non-NJPW companies.  I've never been a big fan of Mashimo and Jake Lee has just been a guy to me so I had low expectations going in but I really really liked this. It's not really a strong contender for MOTY (this year has had so many) by any means but for people who aren't familiar with AJPW it's a great match to check out.

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2017, 11:01:05 AM »
I updated the top list with everything that's been posted (unless I've missed something) and also added another match,

4/16/17 Champion Carnival Kento Miyahara Vs Jake Lee

Only one main roster WWE match on the list so far?

Offline muzzington

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2017, 11:54:38 AM »
Bayley/Charlotte, Styles/Cena and the Four-Way are there at the moment.

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2017, 11:58:50 AM »
I'm blind

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2017, 10:51:41 PM »
Continuing my catching up on other companies:

5/4/17 Global Tag League Finals Atsushi Kotoge & Go Shiozaki Vs Maybach Taniguchi and Naomichi Marufuji

Kotoge was one of the Osaka Pro guys NOAH snapped up when they went out of business and has helped freshen the company up. Maybach has improved SO much (and has also gotten on the roids or something because he's slimmer but MUSCLED). He's still not what I'd call a top level guy but he can hit all the big power moves and he's got some charisma. Go is never going to live up to the early potential he had but he is still a really good worker and he really brings the intensity here. Marufuji has been really great the last few years and I used to be down on him.

The crowd is really into this and the closing stretch is classic NOAH (minus the headdrops which was nice) with the near falls going back and forth and a really fun match. I want more of this from NOAH.

Offline ravman77

• New Poster Who Should Be Posting
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2017, 11:46:19 PM »
No mention of any of the Matt Riddle / WALTER series in Progress makes this list invalid.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • View Profile
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2017, 04:52:22 AM »
I know they won't hold a candle to a lot of the matches above, but I HAVE to give love to the Big Show/Braun Strowman trilogy this year.  Three absolutely fantastic big man matches that will probably be among the best RAW matches this year.