Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Wrestling / Re: XFL to Return?!??!
« Last post by Slayer on Today at 07:55:02 AM »
I'm skeptical that this is anything beyond signalling or otherwise just putting in a largely pointless placeholder

As far as the original XFL went, I never cared about the lower quality football.  Since it was in the spring and not in direct competition with the NFL I found it was just good enough as something to throw on the TV Saturday nights even as side noise if I wasn't paying attention.  Where it went downhill was when Vince started injecting awful shit like trying to force a feud between Jesse Ventura and one of the coaches (who humorously no sold it as he wasn't in on the "joke" and wanted nothing to do with it) or the Cheerleader Locker Room Dream Sequence Halftime Show, after which I turned it off completely with the exception of the title game

If a 70 y/o even more crazy and more out-of-it Vince tries more shit like that I can only see the train crashing right out of the station
Apparently another Paige NSFW phone hack leak is impending. :(
Food & Cooking Folder / Re: Beer Thread
« Last post by Amy pats fan on Today at 07:32:19 AM »
Did anybody else know that they now have 40oz in plastic bottles now?!!?

WELL THEY DO!  AND IT GETS EVEN BETTER!  THEY'RE 42 OZ!!!!!!!

I picked up a couple of OE 800's.  I haven't had OE in a long ass time.  I wish the store had had Mickey's, that and Colt 45 are probably my fave cheap malt liquors that I drank in college
Sports / Re: NFL Week 14: A Game the NFL Should Be Ashamed Of
« Last post by Amy pats fan on Today at 07:25:35 AM »
Supposedly DIDDY wants to lead an ownership group to buy the Panthers, and Colin Kaepernick and Steph Curry want in

PLEASE GOD IN HEAVEN ALMIGHTY MAKE THIS FUCKING HAPPEN
Nah.  I did for a little while after I graduated because I still had younger friends and younger siblings of friends in school and playing various sports, half the varsity basketball and baseball teams were guys I was teammates with, and I had a relationship with my old coaches, so I'd go to some games or matches if I was around.  I even helped out at the summer youth basketball camp for a couple years.  I don't really have a reason to now, and it was a small school that's best ranked sports were cross country, cross country skiing, tennis and soccer 
Wrestling / Re: XFL to Return?!??!
« Last post by Amy pats fan on Today at 07:06:19 AM »
I seriously doubt this gets off the ground.  He did mention "exploring all options" including a partnership with the NFL.

The only things I see a potential audience for is an NFL paired, small minor league that runs during the so-called summer "dead period" when MLB is the only major sport going.  Say 8 teams with AFC/NFC affiliations (say Jets/Giants and Steelers/Eagles etc. for an example), playing a short schedule in small stadiums for undrafted/unsigned players.  I could see that working for sure, and the NFL is the only major sports league that doesn't have that now. Minor league baseball and now the G League both draw well.  I could see it doing pretty well on TV as well.  If Vince could get himself involved with something like that on the production/promotional end and I guess owning one of the franchises I could see that working.  But a league in competition with the NFL?!  HA!

Sports / Re: Do you still follow your old High School's sports teams?
« Last post by JHawk on Today at 06:43:23 AM »
I went to the homecoming game the fall after my graduation (2000) and haven't been back since.
Replace 2000 with 1998 and this is me
Sports / Re: Later Ya'll (This Eternity in Baseball)
« Last post by JHawk on Today at 06:32:30 AM »
So now Yelich wants to know what the hell is going on and he's likely out the door as well from the looks of things.

I understand that Jeter wants to get the team under 90m, but man this is just killing the fanbase.
The Marlins still had a fanbase?

(I'm not sure I'm joking)
Sports / Re: Later Ya'll (This Eternity in Baseball)
« Last post by Flik on Today at 06:28:20 AM »
So now Yelich wants to know what the hell is going on and he's likely out the door as well from the looks of things.

I understand that Jeter wants to get the team under 90m, but man this is just killing the fanbase.
WWE.Com preview:
`Brock shows up tonight and they'll possibly clear up who is facing him between Braun/Kane (surely not both!)
`Cedric Alexander Vs Drew Gulak for a shot at Enzo's title (his heart is already claimed by Nia though)
`More stuff with Absolution and Asuka etc
`WOKEN MATT
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10