Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Sports / Re: Later Ya'll (This Eternity in Baseball)
« Last post by Thrasher on Today at 02:03:49 PM »
Kenley Jansen gave up his first walk of the season and also had his first RBI double at the plate today.
Wrestling / Re: ...Dive
« Last post by Rendclaw on Today at 01:51:59 PM »
He's absolutely right. That was an issue I had with certain wrestlers nearly 20 years ago. While I may not have the psychopathic, hidebound obsession with the old school that Cornette does, I certainly believe that a match should tell a story, and that story should have a beginning, middle and end. If someone is wanting to throw in shit that looks cool but doesn;t advance the story of the match, its just pop-seeking. I feel that way about certain moves too, like the DDT. The first time I saw a DDT used was Roddy Piper vs. Rick McGraw, and Piper used it twice to finish the match. Once to take the starch out of McGraw, the second to be the dick heel that Piper was at the time, and I legit though Piper about killed him with those. Enter Jake Roberts a few years later, who pretty much murdered people with his. Even Dusty Rhodes using it was an event, although I only saw him do it once. Now, the DDT is not the match event that it once was, like the piledriver in the mid to late 80s, its a transitional move... but I guess everything goes that way after awhile.

Certain moves should be at the very least saved for near the end of the match, if they don;t finish it outright. I know that doing these certain moves are the only way to get a following unless a wrestler is stellar on the mic, but and overabundance of them just does no one any good aside from the crowd, who is usuall too smart  anyway.
TV/Film & Literature / Re: Twin Peaks Returning on Showtime
« Last post by I Hate Everything on Today at 01:10:22 PM »

Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show
That picture actually being an important plot point in the history of the show is unreal foreshadowing. I was guessing that the teens were Leland/Sarah and most of the episode was the development of the black/white lodge but I don't know. The Frogbug thing threw me for a loop.

That was the strangest episode of any television show I've ever seen. Maybe one of the most terrifying too. I need to watch it a few more times before I can even start to comprehend what I saw. What a fucking episode and the two week wait sucks, but it gives me time to binge it.

MMA/Boxing / Re: MMA General Discussion 2016
« Last post by 209 on Today at 12:39:12 PM »
One of the saddest fights I've ever seen, that last one.
Wrestling / Re: Ten years ago today,
« Last post by Lamar Odom, WHO WAS ON CRACK on Today at 12:29:19 PM »
Quote from: Slayer
Woman and the kid should've known something was up when he did the throat-slashing sign

Still makes me lose it
Wrestling / Re: ...Dive
« Last post by Epic Reine on Today at 12:17:32 PM »
https://streamable.com/zq2o0

Orton's actual take on "...dive".
So this was pretty cool.  Last night the WWE ran a show in the Rogers Centre in Vancouver.  The Singh Brothers saw their first show there as kids and posted a photo of them in the same seats before the show

https://twitter.com/SinghBrosWWE/status/879021006190370816
« Last post by Brazen Facebook Page on Today at 12:00:44 PM »
That's a weird read. I forgot how much the guy was straight worshiped.
Wrestling / Re: PWI 2006 - In Ten Years Predictions
« Last post by Lord Buckethead on Today at 11:59:08 AM »
that had me laughing too but after I saw it was supposed to be for Inoki, wasn't sure if it was implied to a be worked shoot

I know these things are super rare to be true but some of the guesses are so far out there - and the shitting on Cena as not being a top-tier guy just made me lol
« Last post by Lord Buckethead on Today at 11:55:48 AM »
Started going throuhg that thread - as always Precious Roy one of the first people to get it right
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10