Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 48160 times)

Description: He starts Monday but we start now

Offline Saddam of the 909

• Admin
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #700 on: May 06, 2017, 05:45:39 AM »
koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• the whole thing is tainted with the memory of the farts
  • stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #701 on: May 06, 2017, 05:47:59 AM »
This is another issue I have with neo-liberal politics-it's mostly a bunch of white (sometimes rich) heterosexual people talking about how much they care about the Black community or gay and trans rights, but at the end of the day it feels like posturing. Like a bunch of white people going "I know you have something to say, but let me speak for you". It's patronizing bullshit, and it does nothing to solve inequality in our country.

Another funny note. The article you linked to as very problematic was written by a trans woman.
All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #703 on: May 06, 2017, 07:18:17 PM »
The Kushner family hopes to lure investments from wealthy business owners in China with the promise of American visas.

Nicole Kushner Meyer, the sister of White House adviser and President Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner, spoke at an event in Beijing on Saturday. She was marketing a Kushner-owned property in New Jersey -- invest in the development and get into the United States on a so-called EB-5 visa.

The EB-5 visa allows immigrants a path to a green card if they invest more than $500,000 in a project that creates jobs in the United States.

An ad for the event, held at a Ritz-Carlton hotel, said "Invest $500,000 and immigrate to the United States."

cnnmoney.com

Offline The Paper Industry

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #705 on: May 07, 2017, 09:05:27 AM »
"So when I got in the cart with Eric," Dodson says, "as we were setting off, I said, 'Eric, who’s funding? I know no banks — because of the recession, the Great Recession — have touched a golf course. You know, no one’s funding any kind of golf construction. It’s dead in the water the last four or five years.' And this is what he said. He said, 'Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.' I said, 'Really?' And he said, 'Oh, yeah. We’ve got some guys that really, really love golf, and they’re really invested in our programs. We just go there all the time.' Now that was three years ago, so it was pretty interesting."

http://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2017/05/05/james-dodson-donald-trump-golf

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #706 on: May 08, 2017, 12:15:49 AM »
The Kushner family hopes to lure investments from wealthy business owners in China with the promise of American visas.

Nicole Kushner Meyer, the sister of White House adviser and President Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner, spoke at an event in Beijing on Saturday. She was marketing a Kushner-owned property in New Jersey -- invest in the development and get into the United States on a so-called EB-5 visa.

The EB-5 visa allows immigrants a path to a green card if they invest more than $500,000 in a project that creates jobs in the United States.

An ad for the event, held at a Ritz-Carlton hotel, said "Invest $500,000 and immigrate to the United States."

cnnmoney.com

The media was banned from this event btw.

If it walks like a dictatorship, and talks like a dictatorship...

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #707 on: May 08, 2017, 12:19:09 AM »
although in THEORY the media should now finally take it personally and just bare it all since this wannabe emperor decided to wear no clothes.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/05/trump-fires-white-houses-first-female-chief-usher/

not surprising but still sad nonetheless. Headline doesn't mention that she's also black.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #708 on: May 08, 2017, 12:20:20 AM »
For Dama and Snuffy:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/05/08/how-trump-could-get-fired

Senator Mark Warner, of Virginia, the ranking Democrat on the Intelligence Committee, privately told friends that he puts the odds at two to one against Trump completing a full term. (Warner’s spokesperson said that the Senator was “not referring specifically to the Russia investigation, but rather the totality of challenges the President is currently facing.”)

Online snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #709 on: May 08, 2017, 06:18:02 AM »
Are we still supposed to believe in Lindsay Graham and John McCain to take care of that?

Offline Brooklyn Cienfuegos

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #710 on: May 08, 2017, 07:52:07 AM »
The Russian hearing for the most part has been a giant waste of time, but worth it for the powerbomb Yates gave Cruz

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #711 on: May 08, 2017, 01:04:10 PM »
I thought they were there to talk about Russia but all the Republicans could do was ask about the travel ban.  The fuck?
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #712 on: May 08, 2017, 10:07:10 PM »
Yates was the Acting Atty Genl who Trump fired for refusing to enforce his Muslim ban.
All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #713 on: May 08, 2017, 11:04:21 PM »
I know that. Duh.
But what the hell does any of that have to do with Russia?

I swear I heard a few thinly veiled shots at Hillary's email too.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #714 on: May 09, 2017, 03:01:09 AM »
They were just trying to make her look bad, like she just had a vendetta against Trump over the firing.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #715 on: May 09, 2017, 03:25:53 AM »
What the hell is the point of a congressional panel if they're all going to ask questions along party lines, ignore the reason they're there and attack the person giving the testimony? For fuck's sake. This is part of why nothing gets done in this damn country.

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #716 on: May 09, 2017, 03:43:05 AM »
It was an embarrassment but there was a few Republican Senators that held it down. Well, mostly just Sasse.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #717 on: May 09, 2017, 03:57:12 AM »
To be fair though, do Democrats do this when they have a Republican up there?

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #718 on: May 09, 2017, 06:21:55 AM »
Are we still supposed to believe in Lindsay Graham and John McCain to take care of that?

They're not the only ones involved, but

Sen @LindseyGrahamSC now wants to probe Pres. Trump's business ties to #Russia following Mon hearing w/Clapper

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #719 on: May 09, 2017, 06:47:13 AM »

They're not the only ones involved, but

Sen @LindseyGrahamSC now wants to probe Pres. Trump's business ties to #Russia following Mon hearing w/Clapper

Graham was both good and bad yesterday. He tried to remain partisan asking dumbass questions but he can't suppress his hate for Trump.

Offline BorneAgain

• One Cocky Cracka

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #721 on: May 09, 2017, 08:53:57 AM »
So what happens now

• Admin
« Reply #722 on: May 09, 2017, 09:18:35 AM »
Straight out of the Nixon playbook. Nothing to see here folks.
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #723 on: May 09, 2017, 09:20:14 AM »
So now he goes and finds someone that will do a favorable investigation for him and gets off free?

I saw that they're now trying to paint Yates as an enemy to his presidency.

• Admin
« Reply #724 on: May 09, 2017, 09:21:12 AM »
So now he goes and finds someone that will do a favorable investigation for him and gets off free?

I saw that they're now trying to paint Yates as an enemy to his presidency.

That's not how it works.

The FBI is going to leak like a fucking sieve.

The Democrats have the power to shut the government down and railroad Trump's entire agenda until they get what they want. It is up to them to show some balls and demand a special prosecutor. This is very literally the only play they have.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #725 on: May 09, 2017, 09:33:26 AM »
In theory Franken should be the go to guy, but it feels like there will be too much infighting for that to be possible.

I hope Bernie Sanders runs again. I know people will say he's too old or whatever, but I don't give a shit. That's what a vice president is there for. I should have trusted my gut in the first place. The only way to turn this country around is to take it back, and some of his extreme solutions will shift the discussion onto the playing field it needs to be on. It shouldn't matter if he can only do one term.

He's too old.  And it's too late.  Glad to welcome you to the fold tho

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #726 on: May 09, 2017, 09:47:11 AM »
As for what is going on now.....when Trump said "drain the swamp" I doubt he even knew what that meant really, but he's fucking doing it

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

I feel so sorry for the poor folks that voted for this scumbag, and for myself and everyone else on the planet who has to suffer with this

I just want to go off into the woods and live in a commune and float in a boat.  plz don't war nor more.  2 old 4 this

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #727 on: May 09, 2017, 09:52:07 AM »
Also was very proud of France for voting Liberal Democrat overwhelmingly in spite of the right wing fearmongering going on there.  VIVA LA FRANCE

maybe not the right thread, but Trump endorsed Marine La Pene, fuck it

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #728 on: May 09, 2017, 10:02:07 AM »
I'm multiple posting but hear me out

I've been working on a peaice avbout cognative dissonace

and how it relates to TRUMP

It gets insane, and really speaks to how dumded down we are

Trump is the dumbest prez of all times and it really speaks to how stupid and dumb our society has become

Online snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #729 on: May 09, 2017, 10:46:22 AM »
I've seen a lot of posts on the internet in my day and the past several were several of them.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #730 on: May 09, 2017, 01:19:04 PM »
I've seen a lot of posts on the internet in my day and the past several were several of them.

Yes, they were.

I'd been in hospital a bit, not totally on my game 1999

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #731 on: May 10, 2017, 01:15:38 AM »
The Democrats have the power to shut the government down and railroad Trump's entire agenda until they get what they want.

You would need a majority in the Senate to really shut the Senate down, not move forward on nominations, etc.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #732 on: May 10, 2017, 06:12:52 AM »
Hey something good happened!

Senate fails to overturn Obama-era methane rule

Washington (CNN) — In a rare win for environmentalists since President Donald Trump took office, the Senate defeated Wednesday an attempted GOP-led rollback of an Obama-era methane gas rule.

The rule, which was finalized under President Barack Obama in November, would require oil and gas companies to actively plug leaks of natural gas while scaling back their practice of intentionally venting or burning the gas in order to extract more profitable crude oil.

The drilling industry, however, supported Republicans' efforts to overturn the rule, saying it would undo the costly regulation, which is viewed as a threat to jobs and operations.

As the clock ticked down toward the final hours that the Senate could use the Congressional Review Act with a simple majority -- the deadline is Thursday -- Republicans failed in a procedural vote to turn back the Bureau of Land Management regulation.

In the end, three Republicans crossed the aisle to side with Democrats, handing Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell a rare legislative defeat by just one vote, 49-51.

Vice President Mike Pence was there to break a potential tie, but he ultimately wasn't needed.

Democrats united against the measure and were joined by Republican Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Susan Collins of Maine and John McCain of Arizona. Graham and Collins had publicly opposed the repeal, but McCain was a surprise "no" vote.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/10/politics/senate-fails-to-overturn-methane-rule/index.html

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #733 on: May 10, 2017, 06:32:55 AM »
Lindsey Graham lol

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #735 on: May 11, 2017, 04:36:24 AM »
Alex Jones is reporting his White House sources are telling him Spicer will be fired within the week.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #736 on: May 11, 2017, 05:10:45 AM »
How many holes do you think Trump has in his brain right now?

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-navy-catapult-system-time-interview-2017-5

You know the catapult is quite important. So I said what is this? Sir, this is our digital catapult system. He said well, we’re going to this because we wanted to keep up with modern [technology]. I said you don’t use steam anymore for catapult? No sir. I said, "Ah, how is it working?" "Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air."

It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said–and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said what system are you going to be–"Sir, we’re staying with digital." I said no you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #737 on: May 11, 2017, 05:40:45 AM »
wtf

Also, this may be old news to y'all Canadians, but I read today that White House staff called Canada to get Trudeau to talk Trump into not pulling out of NAFTA. It sounds like Canada and Mexico coordinated similar calls, and it worked.

• Admin
« Reply #738 on: May 11, 2017, 05:47:10 AM »
How many holes do you think Trump has in his brain right now?

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-navy-catapult-system-time-interview-2017-5

You know the catapult is quite important. So I said what is this? Sir, this is our digital catapult system. He said well, we’re going to this because we wanted to keep up with modern [technology]. I said you don’t use steam anymore for catapult? No sir. I said, "Ah, how is it working?" "Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air."

It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said–and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said what system are you going to be–"Sir, we’re staying with digital." I said no you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good.

the president has fucking dementia

Offline Flik

• Rocking My Old Graphic Works
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #739 on: May 11, 2017, 06:11:43 AM »
Nearly any doctor of the mind has actually been saying he's got something like dementia. In fact they want to get him away from the presidency so that they can get him help.

Offline Czech

• Boardrunner Emeritus
« Reply #740 on: May 11, 2017, 07:37:40 AM »
TRUMP: It is okay, because it won't increase it for long. You may have two years where you'll … you understand the expression "prime the pump"?
ECONOMIST: Yes.
TRUMP: We have to prime the pump.
ECONOMIST: It's very Keynesian.
TRUMP: We're the highest-taxed nation in the world. Have you heard that expression before, for this particular type of an event?
ECONOMIST: Priming the pump?
TRUMP: Yeah, have you heard it?
ECONOMIST: Yes.
TRUMP: Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven't heard it. I mean, I just … I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It's what you have to do.

President Jingus

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #741 on: May 11, 2017, 07:58:44 AM »
It's like talking to the kid in school that always had to one up everyone. Jesus Christ.

• Admin
« Reply #742 on: May 11, 2017, 08:50:24 AM »

I hate this country.

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #743 on: May 11, 2017, 09:32:38 AM »
Also, Trump and the WH was tricked into those photos

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #744 on: May 11, 2017, 09:59:40 AM »
I never knew what "triggered" meant until this fucker came along. Every time I see him, hear him, read his words, whatever, I am seized with unbelievable rage. It's an insult to our country and erodes our legitimacy at home and abroad every day this presidency continues. He's too stupid to STILL not realize the Russians are using him to destabilize the US even after this.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV

Offline Flik

• Rocking My Old Graphic Works
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #746 on: May 11, 2017, 07:07:49 PM »
Time on Trump Talk

You see a no-talent guy like Colbert. There’s nothing funny about what he says. And what he says is filthy. And you have kids watching. And it only builds up my base. It only helps me, people like him. The guy was dying. By the way they were going to take him off television, then he started attacking me and he started doing better. But his show was dying. I’ve done his show. … But when I did his show, which by the way was very highly rated. It was high—highest rating. The highest rating he’s ever had.

https://youtu.be/_wMvItIDMPU?t=53s
^ play this for Colbert's response. Can't get it to do its video thing.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #748 on: May 12, 2017, 12:47:44 AM »
http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/12/media/trump-press-briefings/index.html

We're not lying! We just have too much going on. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #749 on: May 12, 2017, 01:03:09 AM »
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

Tons of tweets this morning.