Author Topic: Soda thread  (Read 24751 times)

Description:

Offline God King Emperor Kamala

• CXF Writer
Re: Soda thread
« Reply #250 on: April 27, 2017, 09:30:18 AM »
McDonalds is going to start phasing out Orange Lavaburst Hi-C on May 1st. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

NOTHING PAIRS BETTER WITH FILET O FISH, YOU JACK ASSES!

It's getting replaced by some exclusive Sprite flavor.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #251 on: April 27, 2017, 12:57:50 PM »
that ain't right - someone start a change.org
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline DRUGS, BUD.

• Alfdogg
« Reply #252 on: April 27, 2017, 01:12:15 PM »
McDonald's doesn't have the Coke freestyle machines yet?
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #253 on: April 29, 2017, 07:02:46 PM »
I didn't even know any of them ever had any of those.  And I'm not that old school.  But even if.......fuck is wrong with you.  You get a Coke or a Sprite or maybe a Orange or Hi-C then you eat your shit and shut the fuck up

AND FUCK RONALD MCDONALD AND THE HAMBURGLER, ALLL KIDDS IN THE KNOW LOVED MCCHEESE AND THE BIG PURPLE DUDE

Offline God King Emperor Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #254 on: April 30, 2017, 07:35:21 AM »
I have never seen a McDonalds with a Coke Freestyle machine. But that might be less of a McDonalds thing and more of a living in Maine thing.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #255 on: April 30, 2017, 07:37:42 AM »
I don't go to McDonald's too much but I can't think of a McDonald's with the freestyle that I've seen.  Other fast food chains getting them but don't recall a McDonald's with one that I've been to.

Blew my mind when I made a quick pass through Vegas last week - we did the buffet pass where you had 24 hours at any Harrah's property buffet and they had a Pepsi version of the Coke freestyle machine.  Didn't really go up and play with it but seemed like there were some interesting possibilities.
[img width=800

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #256 on: April 30, 2017, 11:00:43 AM »
back in the day we freestyled regular........I hate how this world is changing

Online Epic Reine

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #257 on: April 30, 2017, 01:30:48 PM »
I legit have never seen a freestyle machine anywhere (had to Google what it was) but I also rarely frequent fast food establishments anymore.

Offline claydude14

• CXF Writer
« Reply #258 on: May 04, 2017, 08:21:41 PM »
There's a new Mountain Dew flavor out for the summer. Dew.S.A is a straight combo of Code Red, White Out and Voltage, supposed to be like a bomb pop. I'm not usually one for soda but it's pretty tasty.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #259 on: May 04, 2017, 10:27:41 PM »
They're already popping up around here. I haven't tried one but a friend assured me it tasted great. I need to lay off soda again. It's a vicious cycle and right now I'm at the ''pains in the chest that go away when I stop drinking soda and anything else with caffeine'' phase.

Offline Rendclaw

• Frankly my dear... eh, you know the rest.
« Reply #260 on: May 05, 2017, 01:06:38 PM »
I have not seen one McD's with a freestyle, though I have seen BKs and Wendy's with them.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #261 on: May 05, 2017, 06:47:12 PM »
I need to lay off soda again.
6 hours posting this I saw a Surge in the gas station on the way to a friend's house. I couldn't help myself.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #262 on: May 05, 2017, 09:27:05 PM »
There's a new Mountain Dew flavor out for the summer. Dew.S.A is a straight combo of Code Red, White Out and Voltage, supposed to be like a bomb pop. I'm not usually one for soda but it's pretty tasty.

Yeah I'm trying to no drink much soda lately myself but they had this in a vending machine at work so I had to grab one, I liked it.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #263 on: May 05, 2017, 11:34:05 PM »
DEW.S.A. is a Mountain Dew flavor that was released on April 28, 2017 to go along with the United States holiday's Memorial Day and Independence Day. The name "DEW.S.A." is meant to be a play on words as to sound like "U.S.A."

lol but I guess this means it won't be in Canada :(

if i stop posting, you know they got me

Offline oldskool

• DO IT with your female best friend ROCKAPELLA
  • CXF Writer
  • oldskool
« Reply #264 on: May 06, 2017, 05:18:39 AM »
DEW.S.A. is a Mountain Dew flavor that was released on April 28, 2017 to go along with the United States holiday's Memorial Day and Independence Day. The name "DEW.S.A." is meant to be a play on words as to sound like "U.S.A."

Pour a LiveWire and Code Red in a White Out & make an O CanaDew.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #265 on: May 06, 2017, 05:52:13 AM »
They don't have Live Wire here, but they have it in Duterte-led Philippines and it's called...DEWmocracy

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #266 on: May 06, 2017, 05:23:45 PM »

You don't know soda rage until you go to the world of Coke in Atlanta (and on a smaller scale the halfass version in Epcot) and try all of the delicious wonders from around the world that they WON'T IMPORT HERE!

Spoiler: show
Also I want to buy a case of Beverly to prank the shit out of people.

Offline oldskool

• CXF Writer
  • oldskool
« Reply #267 on: May 13, 2017, 01:41:13 PM »
Dew Black Label is pretty good. The berry flavor is nice but not overpowering.

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #268 on: May 18, 2017, 02:47:26 AM »

You don't know soda rage until you go to the world of Coke in Atlanta (and on a smaller scale the halfass version in Epcot) and try all of the delicious wonders from around the world that they WON'T IMPORT HERE!

Also I want to buy a case of Beverly to prank the shit out of people.

They actually just put the second World of Coke in Disney World as part of Disney Springs. You can get your photo taken with the Coke Bear and they'll put alcohol in your crazy foreign soda flavors. I force myself to drink a sample cup of Beverly every time I'm there as a tradition.

And Dew.S.A. is garbage, but that might be because I'm not a big fan of Voltage and it feels like the most overpowering of the three flavors.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 47: COMING SOON TO BURMERANG - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. Now in Season 2 - creating a theme park based on the INTERNET.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline oldskool

• CXF Writer
  • oldskool
« Reply #269 on: May 20, 2017, 09:44:23 AM »
Dew.S.A. is really weird in that it's advertised as Code Red, White Out and Voltage and you'd think that's just a catchy tagline but no it actually tastes exactly like you poured those three sodas together, each sip is a mystery as to which one will be the one you taste. It's not bad, it's certainly an interesting concept. I'm a fan of Voltage and Code Red and White Out is just meh so I tool less issue than Rando with the Voltage-heavy distribution.

Dew White Label just tastes like off-brand green Mountain Dew. Not awful but not worth the extra price, especially in comparison to the Black label.

Found a bottle of Sprite Cherry the other day and that was pretty good. I'm not a fan of the lemon-lime aftertaste I usually deal with in the 7-up/Sprite/Sierra Mist sodas, but the addition of cherry virtually wiped that out. Very smooth, very impressed.

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #270 on: May 21, 2017, 09:30:13 AM »
Anyone get into the "gourmet" brand rootbeers (and other random sodas) you find usually in the cold beverage sections of grocery stores?  Any favs?
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #271 on: May 21, 2017, 02:21:33 PM »
Anyone get into the "gourmet" brand rootbeers (and other random sodas) you find usually in the cold beverage sections of grocery stores?  Any favs?
Mrs. SFH had a brief root beer log going on. World Market had enough different root beers that she was able to do build your own 6 packs in the vein of craft beers. She doesn't have her notes anymore but said she can still identify the labels as to what was good.

Offline DMann1979

• That's a Shame
« Reply #272 on: May 24, 2017, 08:25:55 AM »

I like Virgil's, those are pretty good.

Offline oldskool

• CXF Writer
  • oldskool
« Reply #273 on: May 25, 2017, 12:56:23 PM »
Pepsi Fire. I was hoping it was just a remix of their Holiday Spice brand, but no such luck. It's Pepsi with an Atomic Fireball dissolved in it. Has a definite kick to it. Not bad but I don't think I'd get it again.

e: turned my tongue red. p sure there's legitimately atomic fireballs in these things

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #274 on: June 04, 2017, 12:43:47 AM »
Pepsi Fire. I was hoping it was just a remix of their Holiday Spice brand, but no such luck. It's Pepsi with an Atomic Fireball dissolved in it. Has a definite kick to it. Not bad but I don't think I'd get it again.

e: turned my tongue red. p sure there's legitimately atomic fireballs in these things

I grabbed one of these from the vending machine at work today, the cinnamon flavor seemed pretty low to me, was more of an aftertaste.

Offline DRUGS, BUD.

• Alfdogg
« Reply #275 on: June 06, 2017, 09:53:02 PM »
I got one a couple weeks or so ago and dumped about half of it.  Stick with the fruit flavors, PepsiCo.  I did like Holiday Spice though.

Offline Saddam of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #276 on: June 15, 2017, 06:27:50 AM »
I try never to drink regular cola anymore, but the Pepsi Fire tastes like someone dunked Big Red gum in it. It's p good.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• the whole thing is tainted with the memory of the farts
  • stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #277 on: July 26, 2017, 08:55:05 PM »
Coke Zero Is Gone Because We Live in a Grim Dystopia in Which Nothing Good Can Exist

Today, citing flagging sales, exciting new product developments, and an apparent desire to be complicit in the ongoing collapse of Western civilization, Coca-Cola announced that it will cease distribution of Coke Zero in the United States beginning in August

http://www.gq.com/story/rip-coke-zero
All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #278 on: July 28, 2017, 04:27:03 AM »
I'm surprised it's being discontinued, it seems p. popular. I wonder what Coke knows and what 'new product developments' they're planning.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• the whole thing is tainted with the memory of the farts
  • stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #279 on: July 28, 2017, 05:37:12 AM »
Upon further reading, it sounds like it's just a name tweak (Coke Zero Sugar) and a recipe change ("more like Coke"). I don't know how drastic the latter is supposed to be.
All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.

Online Brocklock

• brock lock
« Reply #280 on: July 29, 2017, 06:55:11 AM »
I had the new Coke Zero and it's basically a Malibu Stacy now with cowboy hat situation.

It seems a little sweeter, but overall not that much different of a taste. Pretty good overall.

Offline oldskool

• CXF Writer
  • oldskool
« Reply #281 on: July 29, 2017, 04:11:39 PM »
Coke Zero rules and was the first step in easing me into drinking diet sodas instead of exclusively regulars, so I hope you're right Brocklock.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #282 on: July 30, 2017, 01:25:35 AM »
The name change is a good bit of branding actually. Including 'zero sugar' in the title and having the whole name sound that seamless will go a long way.

Source:

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #283 on: October 16, 2017, 06:44:41 AM »
A friend that works for Coke said they were told at their weekly meeting today that Diet Coke Mango is going to be a thing next year.

Offline DRUGS, BUD.

• Alfdogg
« Reply #284 on: November 16, 2017, 03:40:23 PM »
Coke freestyle machines are now holding a flavor called “North Pole Magic”, which I assume is their answer to Pepsi’s Holiday Spice.  I thought it was pretty good.  There’s also Coke Zero Sugar “Arctic Chill”, which I wonder could possibly be an early screening of the aforementioned Diet Coke Mango (seemed to have some orange syrup mixed in there), although someone with better taste buds could probably tell better

Offline oldskool

• CXF Writer
  • oldskool
« Reply #285 on: November 16, 2017, 03:41:23 PM »
Salted Caramel Pepsi is ass but the Holiday Brew Mountain Dew was pretty good.

Offline oldskool

• CXF Writer
  • oldskool
« Reply #286 on: December 14, 2017, 05:43:03 AM »
Am I the only fat fuck soda drinker left in this forum?

Pepsi Max is fantastic diet soda. Zero aftertaste. Relatively close to actual Pepsi flavor. New Coke Zero is meh at best.

I found a 20oz of White Out the other day in a Wal-Mart. It's better than I remember it being.
They had an entire soda cooler dedicated to the various 20oz Mt. Dew flavors, including Code Red, Voltage, and Livewire, so I was pretty stoked to see that outside of the tiny convenience stores I usually have to trawl.

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #287 on: December 14, 2017, 12:57:13 PM »
I think most everything that isn't Pepsi Max/Cherry/Regular is awful and I don't think I even want to lay eyes on Pepsi with salted caramel in it. Yikes.

White Label Mtn Dew is a bit pricey but damn it's good. That "holiday" Dew is just kinda weird because when you hear that it's just a combo of Code Red and Regular you kinda think "so...they watered down Code Red?" because your brain tells you that Code Red is just regular Dew with a cherry flavor, but it kinda isn't. Also, as with the first statement, those 1800's Pepsi whatevers are total garbage. There's a citrus one and I'm curious but not so curious as to actually put it in my mouth, which was also my high school yearbook quote.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 47: COMING SOON TO BURMERANG - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. Now in Season 2 - creating a theme park based on the INTERNET.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #288 on: December 15, 2017, 04:27:51 AM »
I actually like the Salted Caramel Pepsi.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #289 on: December 16, 2017, 04:40:39 AM »
Haven't even seen the Salted Caramel out here.  Only holiday drinks I've seen are the Cranberry Sprite.  Don't know if Sierra Mist didn't do it this year but I liked the Sierra Mist Cranberry better.  My local store still had some of the Crystal Pepsi relaunch recently, so maybe they just don't keep up.

Think my most recent "adventure" was I never had the Dr Pepper Cherry before but loved it when I had some a few weeks ago, just bought some more.
[img width=800

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #290 on: January 10, 2018, 11:55:57 AM »
Trying to limit my pop (I'm a Michigander, it's pop) consumption again, but I did like Holiday Brew Dew a lot.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #291 on: January 10, 2018, 06:16:06 PM »
We need a subthread of caffeine free sodas. I love soda but was doctor ordered off caffeine b/c I'm too sensitive to the shit and generally too high strung.

I'm still drinking caffeine free nectar known as "Sprite."

Offline oldskool

• CXF Writer
  • oldskool
« Reply #292 on: January 12, 2018, 09:47:50 AM »
Mt. Dew Ice is pretty much super-powered Sprite. I'm not a huge lemon-lime fan and I'm not sure there's much market for "lemon-lime but with caffeine", but this is decent.

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #293 on: January 23, 2018, 07:16:57 AM »
I bought a 2 liter of Mountain Dew Ice because it was $1 even though I don't like Mountain Dew. It doesn't taste like Mountain Dew at all to me, all I taste is that awful artificial sweetner even though it DOES have sugar in it too. I ended up throwing it all out. I don't know what I was expecting.