Author Topic: Nintendo Chatter v2  (Read 31669 times)

Description:

Offline September 12th American

• Where were you when the world stopped turning?
  • Kreese
Re: Nintendo Chatter v2
« Reply #550 on: July 07, 2017, 03:36:15 PM »
Just thought of something...

BAH GAWD THE EVOLUTION OF MARIO THAT GAMEPRO PROMISED US IN '94 IS FINALLY COMING

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #551 on: July 07, 2017, 04:14:19 PM »
I didn't know that beta existed and I used to follow all the N64 coverage before it launched.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #552 on: July 19, 2017, 01:58:26 AM »
Switch App is available for download ahead of Friday's Splatoon 2 release.  Can't do anything with it yet apart from signing in, however.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • Death Pool Winner
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #553 on: July 21, 2017, 03:22:36 PM »
The snes classic went live on Walmart.com for preorder a bit ago. It's either sold out or the link is busted. I was able to get one, but looks like it was gone before I could make a post here about it.

« Reply #554 on: July 23, 2017, 03:17:29 AM »
I managed to get one because the link was posted on FAN, but people are getting their pre-orders cancelled because of the demand.

Offline Youth N Asia

• Death Pool Winner
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #555 on: July 23, 2017, 03:23:16 AM »
I managed to get one because the link was posted on FAN, but people are getting their pre-orders cancelled because of the demand.

I've heard. Hope it's not the case for mine. No email yet.

« Reply #556 on: July 26, 2017, 08:20:07 AM »
Mine got cancelled.

Offline BorneAgain

• One Cocky Cracka
« Reply #557 on: July 26, 2017, 08:47:07 AM »
Mine too. Kind of fucked up that we've gotten to the point where confirmed pre-orders are being canceled because Nintendo's plain clueless in regards to supply and demand of this thing.

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #558 on: July 26, 2017, 09:08:21 AM »
You'll line up at Target at 3 in the morning and like it. - Nintendo

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #559 on: August 15, 2017, 03:11:55 AM »
Okay I'm going to ask some stupid basic questions. My son is just begging me for a Switch. I'm thinking about getting it for him for Christmas because they might have a bundle. But he just got a Wii U in July 2016. So I feel like I've wasted the Wii U. Oh well. I do have some questions about it though:

1) is it backwards compatible with Wii and Wii U games?

2) does it do Netflix and Hulu without having to pay for a Nintendo Online subscription?
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #560 on: August 15, 2017, 03:47:09 AM »
No backwards compatibility.

As far as I know it doesn't have any streaming apps yet, at least not in America.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #561 on: August 15, 2017, 03:55:28 AM »
So I'd basically be buying it for him to play Switch games only?

Well I guess I could hook it up simultaneously with the Wii U so he can use that for streaming and old games.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #562 on: August 15, 2017, 06:44:06 AM »
So I'd basically be buying it for him to play Switch games only?
There is no optical drive on the Switch, so it is definitely not bwc.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Youth N Asia

• Death Pool Winner
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #563 on: August 21, 2017, 05:16:22 PM »
SNES classic orders went live on Best Buy for a few minutes. Gone. I wasn't able to get one this round

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #564 on: August 22, 2017, 06:54:51 AM »
Nintendo is just flat out adorable with this stuff.  I'll just try to get lucky on Amazon like I did with the NES.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #565 on: September 12, 2017, 04:14:43 AM »
https://kotaku.com/nintendo-bringing-back-the-nes-classic-in-2018-1803771394

NES Classic coming back in 2018, and more SNES Classics to be shipped 9/29.

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #566 on: September 12, 2017, 06:11:28 AM »
So, there will be 5 additional NES's released into the wild, and there will be 22 SNES's instead of 20?

Offline Flik

• Rocking My Old Graphic Works
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #567 on: September 12, 2017, 07:59:25 AM »
Pretty much.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #568 on: September 12, 2017, 12:37:33 PM »
So you will only have to beat two people to death instead of four.

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #569 on: September 29, 2017, 03:05:34 AM »
I checked Brickseek around 8:20 today and it said my Target had 80 units in stock. I decided to go because I thought they wouldn't be all sold out. I went to a vacant electronics counter and the employee was on the phone with someone asking if they had it in stock. She told them that they were at the Customer Service desk. I headed there and they told me they were going move the cage with all the Classics to electronics section. There was a line forming behind me as they moved them from one end of the store to the other. I was the first to checkout at the counter.

;D

Offline Youth N Asia

• Death Pool Winner
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #570 on: September 29, 2017, 03:10:06 AM »
Got mine at Gamestop today. They had 7 available. Pulled in at 9am, there were a couple cars. Someone got in line at 9:30, I got behind them, and then everyone got out of their cars. Easy breezy. And I had Gamestop credit, so it didn't cost me anything.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #571 on: September 29, 2017, 03:14:22 AM »
Post your Switch ID codes in the gaming ID thread!

Offline Edwin

• Smash and bang is my favorite combination
« Reply #572 on: September 29, 2017, 01:25:44 PM »
So should I get a Switch if I'm not terribly interested in Zelda right now? I still need to play all the Witcher 3 DLC and Horizon Zero Dawn, so I'm probably not gonna leap right into another open world game like Breath of the Wild.  But Mario Kart, Splatoon, Kingdom Battle, and Odyssey in a month all look like wonderful changes of pace.

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #573 on: September 30, 2017, 05:37:33 AM »
My wife and I were vacationing at Myrtle Beach for the better part of this past week.  We stopped for breakfast yesterday morning, and I decided I would dash into Target real fast.  Of course, they were sold out.  No big deal.  I wasn't planning to beat myself up if I didn't come across one. 

We drove to the next parking lot where there is a Best Buy.  There were about 15 people in line, and the store was set to open in about 10 minutes.  We decided to go ahead and get in line, and if we got lucky, we got lucky.  About 5 minutes after we got in line, an associate came outside to pass out 3 hour hold tickets, and we were able to get one.  For all the shortages I've read about, this guy had a large stack of tickets in his hand.  The systems were in a sliding door closet behind the cashiers.  When the cashier opened the door to get our system, I counted no less than 8 stacks of systems, at least 10-deep. 

With this being a tourist town, maybe they were sent more than the average store, but they had more than enough to go around.

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #574 on: September 30, 2017, 06:47:20 AM »
I think everyone who wants one will eventually get one.

It's funny cause I had a friend preorder his from Walmart and I think he's getting it next Friday.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #575 on: October 23, 2017, 07:20:43 AM »
Managed to get in when gamestop had yhem online today, so unless my order gets cancelled I'll have my SNESZ classic soon. I am absolutely hacking it to add Chrono Trigger.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #576 on: October 27, 2017, 01:41:10 PM »
If I didn't already buy a PS4 this year and need to curb my spending for a while I'd get a Switch for Odyssey alone.  They seem to be easier to find now since I was at Best Buy last week and saw like four of them sitting on the shelf.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #577 on: October 27, 2017, 09:47:35 PM »
If I didn't already buy a PS4 this year and need to curb my spending for a while I'd get a Switch for Odyssey alone.  They seem to be easier to find now since I was at Best Buy last week and saw like four of them sitting on the shelf.

Probably sent out a new batch with SMO as they have a new bundle that goes along with it. Got my copy of it yesterday, didn't get to play much as season 2 of Stranger Things ate most of the day but dug the bit that I saw so far alot.

Offline AnonymousBroccoli

« Reply #578 on: January 11, 2018, 02:32:20 AM »
Today's Nintendo Direct Mini. There's a list of everything with timestamps in the video description.

Offline AnonymousBroccoli

« Reply #579 on: March 08, 2018, 10:38:46 AM »
Today's Nintendo Direct. Like last time, list of everything with timestamps in the video description.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #580 on: April 12, 2018, 03:51:59 PM »
I ordered a SNES Classic from Amazon.  I assume it's stupidly easy to add games to like the NES Classic was. 

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #581 on: April 12, 2018, 09:34:26 PM »
It is.

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #583 on: September 13, 2018, 09:15:11 AM »
The Switch is getting a remaster of Katamari Damacy. I look forward to Katamari on the go. And getting that damn song stuck in my head another hundred times.

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #584 on: September 13, 2018, 10:10:36 AM »
The Switch is getting a remaster of Katamari Damacy. I look forward to Katamari on the go. And getting that damn song stuck in my head another hundred times.

It was one of my favorite games on the PS2. I hope it comes out for one of the other systems.

Edit: It's coming to PC too.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #585 on: September 13, 2018, 12:28:02 PM »
https://kotaku.com/animal-crossing-switch-and-everything-else-from-todays-1829043157

ANIMAL CROSSING COMING IN 2019, aw yeah.

The Switch is getting NES controllers.

The list of the 20 initial NES games available with the launch of the online subscription service (out Sept. 18):
  • Ghosts ‘N Goblins
  • Double Dragon
  • Gradius
  • River City Ransom
  • Yoshi
  • Tecmo Bowl
  • Excitebike
  • Baseball
  • Ice Hockey
  • Pro Wrestling
  • Ice Climber
  • Legend of Zelda
  • Balloon Fight
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Dr. Mario
  • Super Mario Bros. 3.
  • Donkey Kong

Nine more will come out in the subsequent months. Solomon’s Key, NES Open Tournament Golf, Super Dodge Ball arrive in October, followed by Metroid, Mighty Bomb Jack, and TwinBee, a vertical-scrolling shoot ‘em up never previously released in North America, coming in November. Finally, Wario’s Woods, Ninja Gaiden, and Adventures of Lolo close out the year in December.

The controllers will apparently only be available to Nintendo Switch Online members, limited to one pair per paid account. There’s also not a clear release date for them yet, with Nintendo’s website simply saying that shipments will begin sometime around mid-December 2018.

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #586 on: October 04, 2018, 01:18:25 AM »
https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-plans-new-version-of-switch-next-year-1538629322

TOKYO— Nintendo Co. plans to release a new version of its Switch videogame console next year to maintain the sales momentum of the device, according to suppliers and others with direct knowledge of the plan.

Sales of the Switch, introduced in March 2017, are still solid but are no longer delivering the favorable surprises that marked the machine’s first year on the market. Nintendo shares, which rose sharply last year, have trailed the broader stock market this year. The move to update the Switch suggests the Kyoto, Japan, company is moving quickly to ensure its flagship product doesn’t lose competitiveness.

Nintendo is still debating what new hardware and software features to include in the upgrade and weighing the cost of the features, people with knowledge of the discussions said.

One option is improving the display, they said. The current Switch uses a lower-end liquid-crystal display without some technologies that are standard in more recent smartphone LCDs.

Updating the display with these technologies would make it brighter, thinner and more energy-efficient. The updated Switch isn’t expected to adopt the organic light-emitting diode or OLED panels used in Apple Inc.’siPhone X series.

Nintendo is looking to release the new Switch in the latter half of 2019, perhaps as soon as summer, the people said.

A Nintendo spokesman declined to comment.

Between its introduction last year and June 30 of this year, Nintendo sold 19.7 million units of the Switch, a pace that compares favorably with Sony Corp.’s PlayStation 4, the most popular console among the current generation of videogame players. The Switch can be used both as a living-room console and as a portable game machine.

Nintendo has said it wants to sell 20 million units in the year through March 2019, and analysts say they expect sales roughly to match that goal assuming some popular software titles planned for late this year arrive on schedule. Nintendo has said it plans to introduce “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate” on Dec. 7.

Videogame makers generally come out with new consoles every five to six years, and it is common for them to update the devices in the middle of their life cycles to keep the momentum going. Sony introduced the PlayStation 4 in November 2013 and updated it with a less-expensive version in September 2016 and a high-end model two months later.

A new Switch would follow that pattern. Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto, who created many of its top games and now holds the title of creative fellow, said in February he wanted the Switch’s life cycle to be longer than usual, suggesting next year’s update of the hardware may not be the last.

The upgraded Switch would likely share many features with the current version and be compatible with existing Switch game software.

Software makers and others in the industry are watching whether Nintendo will clarify the future of its hand-held 3DS videogame device when it decides on the next Switch.

Nintendo has said it would keep selling 3DS machines because they are a safe and affordable option for children. But new game releases for the platform have been declining and some popular franchises, including Nintendo’s own “Pokémon,” moved to the Switch this year.

An executive at one software maker said the 3DS was increasingly overshadowed by smartphones that are well-suited to portable games. He said he was waiting for a “clear message” from Nintendo about what it would do with the 3DS series when it puts out a new Switch.

Offline Flik

• Rocking My Old Graphic Works
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #587 on: October 04, 2018, 03:32:41 AM »
The 3DS should be dying off right about now, really.

Also, I was expecting them to introduce a more energy saving Switch because what else were they going to improve on other than that? I mean, graphics, sure, but then you are upping the price more.