Author Topic: The Trump Presidency v2  (Read 33159 times)

Description:

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
Re: The Trump Presidency v2
« Reply #600 on: January 17, 2018, 01:45:47 PM »
NO! This is not what we wanted. Where's my show and glitz? Trump has failed me.

Online Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #601 on: January 17, 2018, 11:41:51 PM »
NO! This is not what we wanted. Where's my show and glitz? Trump has failed me.

I'd wage good money he wanted a big dog and pony show for this and was talked out of it by his handlers. 

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin!
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #602 on: January 18, 2018, 05:27:32 AM »
CWM built it up so much... never again!

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #603 on: January 18, 2018, 05:30:22 AM »
I was really devastated by this. I'll never trust the Trump administration again.

Offline Brocklock

• brock lock
« Reply #604 on: January 18, 2018, 05:47:32 AM »
This is really terrible and I feel CWM's pain. I thought we were gonna get some musical performances from Toby Keith and Tony Orlando. Maybe some presenting from Frank Stallone and Scott Baio.

Online snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #605 on: January 18, 2018, 08:09:58 AM »
I'm still waiting for Tim Tebow's speech at the 2016 GOP Convention.

Online Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #606 on: January 19, 2018, 05:28:58 PM »
Michael Wolfe on Real Time said Trump is actively cheating on Melania in the White House but he could not "find the dress" to blow the lid off the affair. The evidence is in the book if you read between the lines.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #607 on: January 20, 2018, 04:15:08 AM »
Hope Hicks

Online snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #608 on: January 20, 2018, 06:07:24 AM »
Despite the GOP controlling every branch of government, I expect millions of Americans to fall for the shitdown being the Democrats or both parties' fault.

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #609 on: January 20, 2018, 06:40:27 AM »
Current polling is at about 30% blaming the Dems which is Trump’s base.
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #610 on: January 20, 2018, 07:37:13 AM »
Current polling is at about 30% blaming the Dems which is Trump’s base.

Of course my view is skewed here in Oklahoma so this is good to hear.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #611 on: January 20, 2018, 07:41:08 AM »
Friend had a family emergency last night and asked me to ride with him. 20 miles into the trip he starts talking pro-Trump shit. Walmart has had record profits for 6 straight years thanks to Trump's tax plan  :o

No one gave Obama as much shit as Trump's getting.

His sister is gay. I asked him how he feels about doctor's being able to elect to not service her because of her lifestyle. He says, "I'm about to blow your theory out the water." with this smug confidence, "There's people out there wanting to kill cops just for being cops and no one is attacking Obama for it."

I started texting anyone I could think of, "If I get out and start walking can you come get me?" Everyone was busy.  >:(

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #612 on: January 20, 2018, 12:16:40 PM »
Despite the GOP controlling every branch of government, I expect millions of Americans to fall for the shitdown being the Democrats or both parties' fault.
Haha, you think the "immigrants or military" narrative won't work? The Democrats won't even try this angle for their advantage because the public has largely been trained to not believe them about military matters, even if they're veterans.

Online Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #613 on: January 20, 2018, 06:54:06 PM »

Online Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #614 on: January 22, 2018, 01:44:59 AM »
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/lindsey-graham-wants-anti-immigration-nut-stephen-miller-booted-from-negotiations-we-are-going-nowhere/

Graham becomes a tweener as he bashes Miller (probably to earn himself a Trump advisor role in his place)

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • I AM THE MASCOT CHAMPION!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #615 on: January 22, 2018, 04:05:48 PM »
I don't get why the Republicans are mad the government shutdown. I thought they hated it.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Online snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #616 on: January 23, 2018, 12:14:43 AM »
Among those who fell for the 'Democrats or both parties' fault!' line was just about every member of the media.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #617 on: January 23, 2018, 05:18:53 AM »
I think what's remarkable is that no media reports I've read or seen on TV have mentioned that Democratic insistence on DACA was predicated on a promise made by Senate Republicans when the tax bill was passed. A pledge by McConnell to revisit DACA was what broke the tax impasse, so why is it forgotten now when it was a story at the time? It was "last year" but was effectively 4-6 weeks ago when all this wrangling was going on.

This isn't even being partisan, it's wanting there to be collective memory!

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• the whole thing is tainted with the memory of the farts
  • stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #618 on: January 23, 2018, 05:39:17 AM »
^

Yes, they got Sen Flake's vote on the tax bill by promising a Dreamer vote.
All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #619 on: January 23, 2018, 08:13:41 AM »
Jeff Flake feels like a guy who didn't realize how his bed had been made until it was on fire.

Online snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #620 on: January 23, 2018, 10:31:34 AM »
You're right. That was covered by probably every media outlet. And you're right on another thing. This isn't remembering the fucking moonlanding. This is an inability to remember things that happened right in front of our faces not much more than a month ago.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #621 on: January 23, 2018, 10:45:35 AM »
See, everyone? I don't get buck without research!

That said, for reasons of being the minority in all elected positions of national government, I already see newspaper headlines saying this was a loss for the Democrats. The narrative will continue to be fucked until 20 JAN 2021.

Online snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #622 on: January 23, 2018, 11:16:08 AM »
And p impressive how Ryan gets a free pass forever card on not passing budgets. I hope some things can change next year and/or 2021.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #623 on: January 23, 2018, 11:52:20 AM »
This will all come down to the Democrats deciding whether they'd like to disable or depose the president. The more aggressive Democrats are in going after the president alongside the media, the more it feeds the right wing narrative that everything is rigged, slanted, and biased. The best bet is to focus on the Republican Congress without being so explicit as 2009's "party of no" platform. Make them wish they never had all three branches of elected government.

Normally I'd hold this tit for tat shit in low regard because of the previously mentioned "party of no" stuff, but we aren't dealing with a typical modern president. This one is unlikely to help with actual policymaking so the field of battle gravitates to the legislative branch. Democrats circling the wagons while the president destroys his own party's ability to do anything substantial should be the strategy now through the midterms. Do some reading on the 19th century if you want to know how things are in the absence of a president with stroke.

Online Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #624 on: January 23, 2018, 01:07:28 PM »

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #625 on: January 24, 2018, 01:42:53 AM »
Trump asked the Acting FBI Director (now Deputy) who he voted for.
All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.

Online Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #626 on: January 24, 2018, 04:22:16 AM »
https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/1/23/16924546/evangelical-tony-perkins-trump-stormy-daniels-affair-mulligan
Perkins argued that the good Trump could do for evangelicals made up for his un-biblical behavior and warranted a free pass. He told Dovere that evangelicals “were tired of being kicked around by Barack Obama and his leftists. And I think they are finally glad that there’s somebody on the playground that is willing to punch the bully.”

---
Josh Marshall
@joshtpm
Sen Ron Johnson claims "informant" who has news about the FBI "Secret Society" working to overthrow President Trump.
--
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-mcconnell-wanted-no-part-in-bipartisan-warning-of-russian-interference/
Former Vice President Joe Biden, speaking at the Council on Foreign Relations on Tuesday, claimed Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was uninterested in a bipartisan statement addressing concern about Russian election meddling ahead of the 2016 election.
----
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/flynn-kept-fbi-interview-concealed-white-house-trump-n840491

Two people familiar with the matter said Trump was unaware that Flynn had spoken with the FBI until two days after the interview took place. An attorney for Flynn did not respond to a request for comment on this story.

A brief phone call from the office of Andrew McCabe, the deputy FBI director, to a scheduler for Flynn on Jan. 24 set the interview in motion, according to people familiar with the matter. The scheduler was told the FBI wanted to speak with Flynn later that day, these people said, and the meeting was placed on Flynn’s schedule. The scheduler didn't ask the reason for the meeting, and the FBI didn't volunteer it, one person familiar with the matter said.

Later that day, two FBI agents arrived at the White House to speak with Flynn. A lawyer for the National Security Council typically would be informed of such a meeting and be present for it, one person familiar with the procedures said. But that didn't happen in this instance, and Flynn didn't include his own personal lawyer, two people said. He met with the two federal agents alone, according to these people.

"No one knew that any of this was happening," said another senior White House official who was there at the time.

"Apparently it was not clear to Flynn that this was about his personal conduct," another White House official said. "So he didn't think of bringing his own lawyer."
--
Bloomberg reports that Trump berated U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May for the unfair treatment that he received in the U.K. press and refused to set foot in the country until she could guarantee that he would not be greeted with mass protests.

“May responded to say such treatment was simply the way the British press operate, and there wasn’t much she could do,” Bloomberg writes. “In the secure bunker underneath the prime minister’s office, her advisers listened in to the call in astonishment at Trump’s demand.”

----

Online snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #627 on: January 24, 2018, 08:09:09 AM »
The Trumper Republicans going with the FBI conspiracy theory is embarrassing for a party I thought'd hit rock bottom when they turned the cash spigot back on for Roy Moore.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #628 on: January 24, 2018, 08:42:32 AM »
The Trumper Republicans going with the FBI conspiracy theory is embarrassing for a party I thought'd hit rock bottom when they turned the cash spigot back on for Roy Moore.

Are you referring to the text messages?

I don't understand the fervor. When Mueller found out weren't these agents promptly removed? Since I'm stuck in conservative land all I hear is about how the texts will get Trump off on a technicality even if something is found.

Online snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #629 on: January 24, 2018, 09:47:38 AM »
Yeah, the textspiracy theory.

My own dumb senator, Ron Johnson, is leading the crusade against the secret FBI deep state society.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #630 on: January 24, 2018, 11:54:07 AM »
... how could any head of state in a liberal democratic society GUARANTEE a lack of protests? Did he think May could talk to the Queen for him, and that the British monarch has absolute power? Does he think the position of PM is just a fancy way of saying "person who runs everything?"

I wonder how long it will take for the US to regain good will with its allies once he's out of office. I don't see the world viewing us as decent, honest brokers again until 2025 at earliest. This stuff isn't as easy as telling your friends "I was fuckin' blackout drunk, I'm so sorry!" the morning after you wrecked a party.

Offline Saddam of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #631 on: January 24, 2018, 11:57:34 AM »
We won't and it's probably better this way. American exceptionalism has always been trash.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #632 on: January 24, 2018, 12:15:34 PM »
It's one thing to assume we should be in charge, that's not the question. I'm wondering when any of the babyface countries (for lack of better terms) will want to work with us again on anything major like trade or climate change or, well, pretty much any international issue. Previously our only really wild divergence from world opinion was regarding Israel, but now it's another ten AND the Israel issue was somehow made more contentious.

Offline Saddam of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #633 on: January 24, 2018, 12:20:18 PM »
It goes the opposite now, basically. They're fine without us and that's going to be proven when this is over. We will have to make concessions to them.

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #634 on: January 24, 2018, 12:21:22 PM »
we uh didn't see you as decent honest brokers before...that's some kind of weird US fantasy. You're POWERFUL not TRUSTED.

I doubt America will ever regain the kind of stature it held before Trump. Canada and the other Pacific Rim nations decided to totally ignore America's decision not to sign TPP and do it on their own for example. Russia and China have been filing power gaps. Most of the world realizes they can't count on the US and there's no undoing that.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #635 on: January 24, 2018, 11:14:50 PM »
I think you're both the ones who viewing things through a prism of exceptionalism whereas I'm not. This isn't about reliance or domination or whatever. The bottom line is that, at the very least, we are in a position to lead the western hemisphere. Canada did a thing, cool, good for them and I hope it works out. It won't give them a population of hundreds of millions more or the concentrations of capital and innovation that come with such a massive amount of people. Mexico or Brazil can't match our position either. I don't see why you're thinking all this (gestures around) is going to up and vanish overnight while the US goes back to the sort of backwater irrelevance it had before the Civil War. Add on that the western hemisphere has yet to reach the overall development levels of places like Europe or East Asia (meaning room for advancement) and having a leadership role is no small thing.

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #636 on: January 24, 2018, 11:37:12 PM »
Previously our only really wild divergence from world opinion was regarding Israel, but now it's another ten AND the Israel issue was somehow made more contentious.

If you think that was the only really big one I dunno man.

If you're wanting to give up on everything and just say the US is going to be a regional power than sure, yeah you guys can be the bosses of the Western Hemisphere. That was kind of our point though. You won't be the undisputed global hyperpower anymore. China is within a few years of surpassing you economically. The EU possibly already has. No one things America is going back to being "backwater irrelevance", it just will never be anywhere near as powerful as it was before. You can't replicate the circumstances of the 1990-2003.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #637 on: January 25, 2018, 01:01:23 AM »
Are you referring to the text messages?

I don't understand the fervor.

Here, let me explain...

Does that help?

... how could any head of state in a liberal democratic society GUARANTEE a lack of protests?

See these quotes from the Secretary of Commerce regarding his visit to Saudi Arabia.

we uh didn't see you as decent honest brokers before...that's some kind of weird US fantasy. You're POWERFUL not TRUSTED

U.S. standing in the world was pretty decent under Obama.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #638 on: January 25, 2018, 01:39:29 AM »
On a separate deep state conspiracy note, apparently the other day Rush Limbaugh suggested the intelligence community deliberately hyped the WMD threat from Iraq to make Bush look bad.

Online Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #639 on: January 25, 2018, 05:20:00 AM »

Breitbart on Trump indicating he's open to Dreamers

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #640 on: January 25, 2018, 05:23:59 AM »
So is Breitbart anti-Trump now? I wonder if Dadaramu will turn on him now....

Online snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #641 on: January 25, 2018, 08:38:12 AM »
On a separate deep state conspiracy note, apparently the other day Rush Limbaugh suggested the intelligence community deliberately hyped the WMD threat from Iraq to make Bush look bad.

Ah, the old double triple reverse conspiracy. Has to be true.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #642 on: January 25, 2018, 11:32:59 AM »
They said it couldn't be done, but they did it: a conspiracy dumber than Benghazi.

Online Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #643 on: January 25, 2018, 01:03:04 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/us/politics/trump-mueller-special-counsel-russia.html

I am so innocent that I will keep firing those investigating me to save the taxpayers money. MAGA.

--
Trump's lawyer is casting shade on the idea of Trump talking to Mueller.

Online Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #644 on: January 26, 2018, 06:58:05 AM »
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
DACA has been made increasingly difficult by the fact that Cryin’ Chuck Schumer took such a beating over the shutdown that he is unable to act on immigration!

DACA vs THE WALL: Shutdown Part 2 coming soon to a government near you!

Online snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #645 on: January 26, 2018, 09:07:58 AM »
And millions of people will, again, fall the "Democrats or both parties' fault" line.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #646 on: January 26, 2018, 11:48:40 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/371019-trump-legal-team-seeking-precedent-to-avoid-mueller-interview-report

Despite the president saying this week that he'd be open to being interviewed, his lawyers are researching ways to avoid it. Knowing that executive privilege will likely be overridden, they're trying to bring up some twenty year old documentation which says that it can only be overridden, and the president questioned, if that's the only way to acquire certain important evidence.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #647 on: January 29, 2018, 01:24:09 AM »
The White House wants to nationalize the 5G mobile network under guidance by national security advisors but the FCC chairman said it's a no-go. I'm torn because I get the idea of protecting infrastructure from foreign and domestic attacks but this would also make it even easier for them to infiltrate private lives than it is already.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #648 on: January 29, 2018, 11:16:07 PM »
what a festering piece of shit

Multiple people told NBC News’s Carol E. Lee that Trump called (FBI Dep. Director) McCabe the day after Comey’s firing; he was reportedly furious that Comey took a government-funded plane back from Los Angeles to Washington, DC, after he was let go. (Comey is said to have learned from TV coverage that he was out of a job.)

According to NBC:

Trump demanded to know why Comey was allowed to fly on an FBI plane after he had been fired, these people said. McCabe told the president he hadn’t been asked to authorize Comey’s flight, but if anyone had asked, he would have approved it, three people familiar with the call recounted to NBC News.

This answer apparently didn’t sit well with the president, as according to NBC, he went “silent for a moment” and then laid into McCabe, “suggesting he ask his wife how it feels to be a loser.” The dig was an apparent reference to his wife, Jill McCabe, and her failed Democratic campaign for Virginia state legislature in 2015.

McCabe responded “Okay, sir.” Trump reportedly hung up on him.

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/29/16947842/trump-andrew-mccabe-jill-mccabe

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #649 on: January 30, 2018, 08:31:04 AM »
Judging by my Twitter this memo and lack of Russia sanctions is the death of democracy and the beginning of Trump's dictatorship.