Author Topic: TWIW 2/12 - 2/18: Ivory entering the WWE HOF  (Read 1926 times)

Description:

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
Re: TWIW 2/12 - 2/18: Ivory entering the WWE HOF
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2018, 12:42:09 PM »
I'm fairly certain that Crews has proved quite often that he can indeed lose.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. Now in Season 2 - creating a theme park based on the INTERNET.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2018, 12:58:03 PM »
Rumor going around that starting with Backlash the PPVs will be co-branded again.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. Now in Season 2 - creating a theme park based on the INTERNET.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2018, 01:08:01 PM »
I look away from the TV for about 90 seconds and I look back and this giant motherfucker has a fucking cello or some shit and is sadly not playing With My Baby Tonight.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2018, 01:08:03 PM »
braun has a great voice and that got a great reaction so i loved it.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2018, 01:08:49 PM »
PUT THE TITLE ON THAT MAN

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2018, 01:09:19 PM »
He should have pulled Alexa Bliss from inside his beard and threw her at Elias.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2018, 01:10:32 PM »
HE JUST KILLED THAT MAN WITH A YO-YO-MA SPECIAL

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2018, 01:11:05 PM »
It's so sad that they have to push the BIG DAWG when Braun is running around doing shit like this and probably won't ever get rewarded.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2018, 01:13:16 PM »
braun will for sure be rewarded. They've been doing everything they can to keep him strong while refusing to change their plans. Eventually they'll put the belt on him.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2018, 01:17:09 PM »
they've been set on this Reigns-Lesnar plan for this show for like two years now.  Braun will be the one that beats Reigns when they decide to take the belt off him so summer or fall.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2018, 01:35:13 PM »
Not much of a spear, but it looked nasty.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2018, 01:38:01 PM »

Braun doing comedy.....ugh. That segment was just awful to me. The only thing redeeming for me was Braun hitting him with a cello.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2018, 01:38:50 PM »
It's weird that two members of RTC are part of the HOF.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2018, 01:41:18 PM »
Braun segment was fucking amazing.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2018, 01:43:03 PM »
And it wasn't the typical goofy comedy.  When Braun slung that bass over his shoulder like nothing Elias should have been finalizing his will.  That smash looked fucking brutal.

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2018, 01:47:35 PM »
I hate to say this, but I'd almost give this win to Crews just for the shock value.

I say that only because it's not exactly a surprise that Roman's going to win in two weeks so throwing Crews in there to eat an AA or a powerslam isn't going to hurt him. Also, that frees up Finn to somehow become Seth's partner for the tag titles for no reason.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2018, 02:00:53 PM »
I wish Matt changed up his moveset just a little bit instead of just doing all his normal stuff with a new hand gesture thrown in sometimes.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2018, 02:01:54 PM »
Why the hell does everyone do the Blockbuster now?

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2018, 02:03:18 PM »
That was a garbage sling blade there. He didn't even touch him.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2018, 02:08:28 PM »
That referee is an idiot, apparently.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2018, 02:21:19 PM »
that braun segment made braun more over than he was before it happened. It wasn't bad wwe comedy or anything. It's the kind of fun but asskicking stuff that is memorable.

Apollo looked good tonight.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2018, 02:26:06 PM »
So WWE just put out a video (on fucking facebook) that both Seth and Finn are going to be in the Chamber match.    Guess that means 3 people will start the match, since they're clearly not gonna build another pod to put in there.

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2018, 02:44:07 PM »
They have another week and they aren't going to have the two face off for the spot? Seems silly.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline Juggalo Cop

• Kreese
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2018, 03:47:06 PM »

Braun doing comedy.....ugh. That segment was just awful to me. The only thing redeeming for me was Braun hitting him with a cello.

I didn't mind the Braun segment. It was akin to the Stone Cold stunning Santa and putting Goldust in a port-a-potty. Stone Cold didn't do that stuff every week, and I don't want Braun to sing every week, but at the moment they have found the sweet spot with just the right amount of silliness while making Braun still look like an ass-kicker.

That said, a month from now there's going to be a segment on Raw where Braun taunts Miz by dressing up as a pregnant Maryse and "gives birth" to a giant poop emoji, and then, Dama, it's me and you against the world.

• KOAB
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2018, 05:01:58 PM »
That said, a month from now there's going to be a segment on Raw where Braun taunts Miz by dressing up as a pregnant Maryse and "gives birth" to a giant poop emoji, and then, Dama, it's me and you against the world.

This would be the segment of the decade if that happened.

Offline Juggalo Cop

• Kreese
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2018, 05:33:35 PM »

Offline Super Leather

• CXF Writer
    • Rock 'n' Wrestling
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2018, 09:14:24 PM »
My friend Sean was in attendance tonight; he managed to get his SABU FOR HALL OF FAME sign on camera during Cena's opening promo.
Find my Rock 'n' Wrestling column via this magazine: http://goblinkomegamall.com/collections/pork-magazine
PORK #28 now available! I pay tribute to Bruiser Brody in the 30-year anniversary of his passing. PM me if you would like a copy in exchange for postage cost!

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2018, 01:15:36 AM »
I legit thought Apollo could have won that one last night. Really felt like a moment for him and hopefully it really does push him into the upper card.

Also... http://nodq.com/news/520540724.shtml

On the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer discussed some of the possible factors as to why WWE is reportedly getting rid of dual-branded PPV events after Wrestlemania 34.

- Some of the advances for the PPV events “have not been strong, I know the Vegas one especially coming up.” The idea is that dual-branded shows will draw bigger crowds.

- Booking was being slowed down since there would sometimes be two months separating a single-branded PPV event. Meltzer noted that WWE probably won’t change any of the 2018 PPV dates but will go back to a traditional 12-PPV schedule in 2019.

In order for more talent to be included, the speculation is that WWE will have more matches on the cards by either expanding the PPV events to four hours or cutting the time of the matches. Meltzer mentioned that the word from WWE is that an official announcement is coming soon.

This kind of makes sense anyway, as don't the brands tour together now as a cost cutting thing, running the same venues two nights in a row? Or did I dream that? (which is entirely possible)

Online ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2018, 01:18:07 AM »
And within 2 years the brand split will be dead again
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

Online Epic Reine

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2018, 01:23:56 AM »
As long as they keep the brand split intact, I'm fine with them running dual-branded shows again. I'm actually shocked they haven't run inter-promotional matches at Wrestlemania like they used to. I actually enjoyed that (it gave us HBK/Kurt).

Offline DRUGS, BUD.

• Alfdogg
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2018, 02:02:10 AM »
And Brock vs Goldberg!
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2018, 02:22:23 AM »
As frequently as guys switch brands (in the old days, seems a little better now) I just don't see how inter-promotional matches can be special and really matter because odds are you'll see the same match on a random Smackdown in the next year.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Online Future Stars

• brock lock
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2018, 03:21:49 AM »
As long as they keep the brand split intact, I'm fine with them running dual-branded shows again. I'm actually shocked they haven't run inter-promotional matches at Wrestlemania like they used to. I actually enjoyed that (it gave us HBK/Kurt).

Batista vs Umaga! Tbf, I was excited for that at the time. It should've been good.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2018, 03:22:09 AM »

Am I the only one who remembers that Randy Orton is a god damned deserter?

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2018, 03:36:31 AM »
And within 2 years the brand split will be dead again

And Smackdown will be a worthless RAW recap show again like a 2 hour version of Main Event.

Online Epic Reine

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2018, 03:51:14 AM »

Can we all just accept that a lot of the older veterans might be backwards politically? Also, Trump appeared in a wrestling ring a few times so a lot of these guys are probably just supporting their buddy.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2018, 04:47:10 AM »
As frequently as guys switch brands (in the old days, seems a little better now) I just don't see how inter-promotional matches can be special and really matter because odds are you'll see the same match on a random Smackdown in the next year.
Yeah, "superstar shake-up" kind of defeats the purpose, tbh.

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2018, 06:38:55 AM »

Can we all just accept that a lot of the older veterans might be backwards politically? Also, Trump appeared in a wrestling ring a few times so a lot of these guys are probably just supporting their buddy.

He's 37 not 77. And come on, supporting their buddy? That's the worst excuse making ever.

Offline Hawk 34

« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2018, 06:47:09 AM »
Orton has also definitely grabbed them by the pussy tho.

Online Epic Reine

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2018, 06:48:43 AM »
I'm not saying it's right or even a justifiable way of thinking. I'm just putting myself in the shoes of a 30-something adult who fled the marines, loves firearms, grew up in and still resides in a red state, is known for having a temper, acted like a misogynist child at his profession for many years, and makes his living in the same place he saw the current President mix it up with his boss. Of course him being a Trump supporter is wrongheaded, but like Taker, it's not exactly surprising.

Offline Saddam of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2018, 07:29:54 AM »
I'm not saying it's right or even a justifiable way of thinking. I'm just putting myself in the shoes of a 30-something adult who fled the marines, loves firearms, grew up in and still resides in a red state, is known for having a temper, acted like a misogynist child and at his profession for many years, and makes his living in the same place he saw the current President mix it up with his boss. Of course him being a Trump supporter is wrongheaded, but like Taker, it's not exactly surprising.

They support someone who wants to deport their coworkers.

Offline L'AZentat

• Freie Kultur Kreuzfeuer
  • HURRAY YANKEE BLUE JEANS
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2018, 07:32:25 AM »
Co-workers doing the important thing of putting on better shows for less pay and...ohhhhhhhh
Maybe the real deep state was the friends we made along the way.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2018, 07:43:01 AM »
I'm not saying it's right or even a justifiable way of thinking. I'm just putting myself in the shoes of a 30-something adult who fled the marines, loves firearms, grew up in and still resides in a red state, is known for having a temper, acted like a misogynist child at his profession for many years, and makes his living in the same place he saw the current President mix it up with his boss...

Is there anything in particular which drives your need to want to do this?

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2018, 07:56:46 AM »
He done snapped! Should have left his Death Pool member group alone, mods! ;)

• KOAB
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2018, 08:00:50 AM »
It would be nice if people could have this same reaction instead of simply acting ignorant when it's one of the good or great wrestlers or the hot women around Orton's age in this company who have the same views he does.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2018, 08:43:02 AM »
It would be nice if people could have this same reaction instead of simply acting ignorant when it's one of the good or great wrestlers or the hot women around Orton's age in this company who have the same views he does.
Who are you talking about?

• Admin
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2018, 08:45:28 AM »
Considering dropping cuck bucks on a Raw ticket for night after the Elimination Chamber. They should be doing all the WM setup then.

Someone talk me out of it.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2018, 08:57:50 AM »
Even Taz loved the Strowman angle from Raw..

• Admin
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2018, 09:19:58 AM »
WWE must really be struggling to sell seats because I just got a great one for $20. I have to sit really close because of my eye going blind when I stare at far away objects for too long, so yeah. I'm p surprised. I was ready to spend like $150.

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2018, 11:27:51 AM »
I'm not saying it's right or even a justifiable way of thinking. I'm just putting myself in the shoes of a 30-something adult who fled the marines, loves firearms, grew up in and still resides in a red state, is known for having a temper, acted like a misogynist child at his profession for many years, and makes his living in the same place he saw the current President mix it up with his boss. Of course him being a Trump supporter is wrongheaded, but like Taker, it's not exactly surprising.

this is overall better reasoning than his age or trump having worked in wwe/being buddies with them. But I don't think you need to put yourself in his shoes.