Song Yadong vs Alejandro Perez

Prelims (Fight Pass)

Edemen Shahbazyan vs Jack Marshaman
Chance Rencountre vs Ismael Narudiev
Julia Avila vs Pannie Kianzad

Offline Lord of The Curry

Re: UFC 239
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 11:19:43 PM »
I'm kinda worried that Holm can fight a similar version of the Shevchenko fight against Nunes and make it a boring point-fighting contest over 25 minutes en route to a split decision. It's a very intriguing fight that could end up being horrifically boring depending on how it plays out.

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 10:51:02 PM »
"Angry? No. Because, shit man, I'm getting paid. No mater what happens on Saturday, I'm getting paid. I'm putting my kids further in life. I'm betting their education. I'm going to be able to purchase cheeseburgers of higher quality. So no matter what happens, I'm fucking happy, you know? So mad, angry? Nah. But definitely, like, slightly extra motivated to hurt the dude? Yeah.....There's definitely more hot sauce in the three piece I'll be serving up, or whatever the fuck I give him."

IF YOU AREN'T RIDING WITH MASVIDAL GTFOH

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 01:52:04 AM »
Askren is literally the worst match up for him.

DTF

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 03:17:08 AM »
Masvidal was able to shake off Maia who at worst is at least on par with Askren, arguably better. He has way more of a shot then he's getting credit for.

Offline Fan of Sports with Integrity

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 11:57:30 AM »
Markos went through that fight like she had no interest in trying to compete, at all. Like her whole entire game plan for the fight was, "Just don't get stopped."

Online Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 01:39:28 PM »
Expected Diego to lose. Surprised he wasn’t able to get a single anything off.

Online Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 02:01:45 PM »
Damn. Don’t know where Luke goes from here. Homeboy got blasted.

Online Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 02:17:24 PM »
I guess when it’s obvious what you’re going for a second into the fight that’s what happens.

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 02:19:09 PM »
Holllereree. Shitttt

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 02:20:45 PM »
LIRL

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Online Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2019, 02:23:05 PM »
Ben has to find his way out of the upside down. Can’t imagine if Ben comes back he’ll do another one  second shot like that again.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 02:24:02 PM »
Oh my god Gamebred is an animal

DTF

Online Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2019, 02:44:39 PM »
Goddamn. I love Amanda.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 02:53:25 PM »
The last 3 fights have totaled about 12 minutes of action.

DTF

Online Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 03:30:13 PM »
Probably 2-1 Santos now. Dude came to fight. Shame he’s hurt now. He was looking good.

• Admin
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2019, 03:42:46 PM »
Thiago won two rounds clearly.

Jones won one round clearly.

There were two very close rounds.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2019, 03:42:51 PM »
The biggest decider in the fight is Santos’s leg more than anything Jones did

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2019, 03:45:08 PM »
Wack

Online Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2019, 03:45:15 PM »
Disagree. A hobbled Santos looked better than a healthy Jones tonight.

• Admin
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2019, 03:46:10 PM »
Rematch please.

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2019, 03:56:55 PM »
Jones fought pretty uninspired tonight but the judges didn't make him pay for it.  I am not sure if Jones is on the other side of his prime now, at 31, but this new thing where he just stands at his max reach distance and throws out a random kick & spinning strike attempt, is getting old. 

Also, this is why I hate compubox numbers as any kind of justification for who won a fight.  Compubox shows Jones outlanded leg kicks 31-25, but if you have eyeballs you can tell the difference between the leg kicks thrown by the two fighters (for the most part).

I wouldn't call this a robbery, but I do think the wrong guy was given the decision.  Would have been nice to see Santos get in another round or two before he was fighting on 1 leg.

Go to HW, Bones.
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

• Admin
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2019, 03:58:07 PM »
Jones is no longer on steroids, just like Melendez and Rockhold. Look at how those two fought. That is why his performances are suffering. At heavyweight he would get murdered.

Offline NoCalMike

• EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2019, 04:00:49 PM »
Jones is no longer on steroids, just like Melendez and Rockhold. Look at how those two fought. That is why his performances are suffering. At heavyweight he would get murdered.

But the picograms!   By the way, has there been any other fighters that have popped for picograms/residual picogram levels of PEDs?  If not, why? how?  It makes no sense that Bones is the only one that continues to pop for it, but other former users don't.

• Admin
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2019, 04:07:35 PM »

But the picograms!   By the way, has there been any other fighters that have popped for picograms/residual picogram levels of PEDs?  If not, why? how?  It makes no sense that Bones is the only one that continues to pop for it, but other former users don't.

Sean O'Malley just did last week.

• Admin
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2019, 05:01:58 PM »

Offline NoCalMike

• EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2019, 05:06:27 PM »

He did what, get popped for a picogram level of past PED use? 

• Admin
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2019, 05:08:12 PM »

Yep

Offline NoCalMike

• EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2019, 05:22:29 PM »

Yep

So what is the difference in Bones being able to fight?

• Admin
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2019, 05:29:45 PM »

Yep

So what is the difference in Bones being able to fight?

There wasn't enough time to sort O'Malley's situation out.

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/06/sean-omalley-pulled-ufc-239-traces-banned-substance-show-in-drug-test

This picograms thing is also very much junk science. I don't know what to make of it. I do however see that Jones performances since being roided up against Cormier have all been worse and worse. He is getting close to the steroid guy fall off, I think.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2019, 06:19:55 PM »
Rematch please.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2019, 10:40:31 PM »

i couldn't stop laughing when anik was like 'this fight clock is brought to by Modeloaooohhwhoaaaaaa'

Online Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2019, 12:30:54 AM »

i couldn't stop laughing when anik was like 'this fight clock is brought to by Modeloaooohhwhoaaaaaa'

And he only needed one. I also laughed watching replays where Anik is just trying to get warmed up to start the fight  - and it’s over

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2019, 06:56:30 AM »
There's a small crop of guys in mma that just don't fuck around and Masvidal is one of them. I understand that if you look at his career and how he's lost the optics going into this fight were not good for him but I knew that if he even had the smallest of windows that he was going to try and land something that would cripple Askren. I just didn't think it was going to be a flying knee 5 seconds into the fight followed by two coffin nail punches. Askren is a MAGA chud who believes in right-wing conspiracy theories so fuck him forever, this knockout has destroyed his career and I couldn't be happier.

Offline Former Faithless Fool

• KOAB
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2019, 07:00:52 AM »
Askren has provided so much comedy just from the first few seconds of his two UFC fights.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2019, 08:15:05 AM »
I was gonna say, I can't remember anybody taking that much brain damage in such a short amount of time, somehow spread out over two UFC fights. He never acknowledged how badly he got his ass kicked in the first fight, I don't think he'll much choice wrt this one.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2019, 09:14:22 AM »
Rockhold seemingly never learned to keep his hands up no matter how many times it comes back to bite him in the ass.  He was acting like a smarmy prick throughout, so seeing Jan knock him out was pretty satisfying.

Speaking of satisfying KOs, LOL @ Askren.  I swear to god, I was thinking right before the fight that if I was Masvidal I'd start right out with a jumping knee knowing that Askren was gonna try and take it to the ground ASAP.  Masvidal's celebrations afterwards were ridiculous and hilarious, all at the same time.

Nunes was the better striker against the former pro striker and I would have never predicted Holm to get KO'd by a head kick.  That should probably be her last shot at a title.

I thought Jones won but damned if he didn't act like it was a close fight.  I'm not sure if it's because he is off the roids or if it's because he's overconfident in his own skills but he showed no sense of urgency.  Santos blowing his knee out sucked and really changed the complexion of the fight.  However, I feel that Jones is and always has been very disciplined with his defense, never lowering his hands when his opponent rushes or attacks.  That served him well here as he was able to adequately block most of Santo's offensive flurries, although the commentators made it sound like a lot more got through than what I saw.  I wouldn't hate a rematch, especially when you take the dearth of challengers in the division into consideration.

• Admin
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2019, 09:29:48 AM »
What I thought would happen with Askren was that his takedowns would fail the same way Maia's failed against Jorge. Then I thought after that he would get destroyed.

Offline Former Faithless Fool

• KOAB
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2019, 09:37:14 AM »
A dude on a bum knee for 95% of the fight going to split decision with Jon Jones just makes me think Jon was back on his diet of cake & weed and maybe training twice a week at the most. Basically Santos got the first fight with Gustafsson treatment.

Offline NoCalMike

• EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2019, 04:02:21 PM »
  However, I feel that Jones is and always has been very disciplined with his defense, never lowering his hands when his opponent rushes or attacks.  That served him well here as he was able to adequately block most of Santo's offensive flurries, although the commentators made it sound like a lot more got through than what I saw.  I wouldn't hate a rematch, especially when you take the dearth of challengers in the division into consideration.

Well Bones's reach advantage is so incredible in the LHW division (might still be against most HW's too?) that by him standing at his max reach means his opponents often have to lunge forward when they throw in order to make contact and that is going to take a lot of power off the shots.  Anytime the two were involved in actual exchanges, Santos got off some decent to good shots, but a lot of the times where Santos was throwing first, Bones was so far away that it was lunging, so while people may have "ooo'd and aww'd" at the contact, it wasn't what they thought they were seeing. Add to that the bum knee for most of the fight, and Santos was pretty much playing defense for 4 rounds even when it didn't look like it.

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2019, 02:08:27 AM »
Jones is in a weird spot right now. HW is clearly the place for him to find challenges but I don't think he wants any part of Stipe, Ngannou or fat DC.