Author Topic: What Are You Playing?  (Read 9467 times)

Description: Older Games Especially

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
Re: What Are You Playing?
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2017, 01:58:04 PM »
Lately it's been lots of getting super baked and playing Civ V.
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2017, 02:12:30 PM »
Oh, I already know that one. I managed to purchase a house in Goblet, by paying the bare necessities to do it. Bought a cruddy piece of land for like 2.4m (with building supplies).

I pretty much have to start crafting to get things cheaper, because holy crap are those prices outrageous.

And yeah, all the land on all the servers is currently bought up. Hence why they are trying to get more land for everyone. I'm surprised though that they are thinking of adding housing in Ishgard and Ala Mihgo. That might be more of a 5.0 thing than being released in 4.2 or 4.3.

Also thinking that 5.0 will be setting the stage for 6.0 Garlemald, since Rabanastre deals with that. We'll also be on the western side of Ilsabard and dealing with Dalmasca and the like.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2017, 12:51:01 AM »
I just beat Bioshock 2.

Now I'm going to start playing Shadow of War on PS4.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2017, 08:16:40 AM »
Been playing the crap out of the new Everybody's Golf game, based off the Hot Shots Deluxe engine. Just a blast to play and 'easy' in a sense (Serious Mode definitely changes this though) but I love that the ability to increase club abilities (e.g. distance, touch on the green, etc.) is completely reliant on your ability with the club and the meters in general.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2017, 12:47:53 AM »
Shadow of War so far reminds me exactly of Shadow of Mordor. I am okay with this.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2017, 10:57:16 AM »
The Long Dark. Makes one full of hate for nature.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2017, 11:28:02 AM »
I'm play through Rare Replay on the Xbox and the two Killer Instinct arcade games. I liked the KI series and I wanted to play it again for nostalgia.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2017, 06:27:43 AM »
I beat Xenoverse 2 like 10 levels ago but I still can't beat the Xenoverse 1 missions. I don't think I'm to the last one yet but I can't beat the one where you fight like 6 powered up guys. It's frustrating because I really want to just finish that and move on because I'm done with this game and don't care about the extra ending but I need to finish Xenoverse 1 damnit.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2017, 12:19:06 PM »
Been playing the crap out of the new Everybody's Golf game, based off the Hot Shots Deluxe engine. Just a blast to play and 'easy' in a sense (Serious Mode definitely changes this though) but I love that the ability to increase club abilities (e.g. distance, touch on the green, etc.) is completely reliant on your ability with the club and the meters in general.

Picked this up for $20 in a BF sale and I like it so far.  It just seems like a happy-ass game

I also got the new Assassin's Creed.  It kind of throws you right into things without much background or setup which makes the first hour or so weird.  It definitely feels like they played a whole bunch of the Witcher 3 before working on this because it definitely feels like that game.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2017, 06:44:25 AM »
I got myself a Xbox one s during BF and I downloaded GOTY dragon age inquisition which I originally had on the PS4 before trading it before the dlc.  I forgot how vast the game is.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2017, 12:10:39 PM »
I am finally, FINALLY done with Xenoverse 2, so now I'm working on Mario + Rabbids Kingdome Battle and I just started Binding of Isaac Afterbirth. That game is going to kick my ass so hard so many times.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2017, 05:32:52 AM »
Only things I've touched in the last while is a bit of FFXIV, RL and a bit of just mindless FE:F grinding on the way to and from school.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2017, 06:17:24 AM »
MGS5. Just from a gameplay perspective it's some of the most fun I've had in years and I keep going back.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2017, 08:17:40 AM »
MGS5. Just from a gameplay perspective it's some of the most fun I've had in years and I keep going back.

See i found the opposite, i just couldnt get into it which bugs the shit outa me because i loved them.  I dunno if its the controls or the mission aspect but i just couldnt pay enough attention.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2017, 09:06:40 AM »
I love the controls. Just very intuitive and fun to me (until you unlock everything and break the game, but so it goes). The story falls apart like no other, so I can absolutely understand why people would just tune out. But for me if MGS3 had that engine it'd likely be my favorite game ever. All personal opinion, of course.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2017, 12:33:40 AM »
Well I know the 3rd person camera that came with MGS3 substance or whatever it was called made it wonderful even tho it was very primitive.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2017, 10:59:53 AM »
I just beat the main quest of Shadow of War. Apparently there's a lot more to do after the main quest. I'm such a story driven gamer that I lose interest in a game after the main quest.

Offline TheSSNintendo

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2017, 10:38:15 PM »
Finished the main part of Super Mario Odyssey over the weekend. Now I'm Power Moon collecting.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2017, 07:18:04 AM »
Near Christmas I try to play games I got in the past. I'm going play but not finish:

Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2
Soul Calibur

I would also like to finish Tekken 7 and start Final Fantasy X-2 before the year ends.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2017, 03:20:33 PM »
I've been hooked on various pinball tables in Pinball Arcade the last few weeks. But I finally picked up No Man's Sky so I plan to start that soon. I also picked up Mass Effect Andromeda, which I am not excited at all to play but I'm curious to see how bad it is.

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2018, 10:13:41 AM »
COD WW2 might literally be the worst COD game I've played. The controls are loose as shit even with custom settings, hit detection is shit (makes GTA look incredible by comparison), and even the campaign is generic.

5/10, at least it's pretty.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2018, 12:48:25 PM »
The more I get into AC: Origins, the more I'm liking it.  Bayek is basically an Egyptian Witcher without the magic ability and the game is structured unlike any AC game they've done (but similar to said Witcher games).  The modern day stuff is about as superfluous as it gets, though.  They could have cut that stuff out entirely and it wouldn't change the game at all.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2018, 03:05:21 PM »
As you all know I am not a fan of online gaming. I'm a curmudgeon that wants to play alone.

However the replayability of FPS and fighting games is terrible compared to completion time and such versus something like Skyrim or Fallout.

So I don't really play those games unless it's something with a story I like such as Bioshock or Gears.

But for Christmas I got Tekken 7 and my son got an XBox with CoD Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare.

I decided to give online Tekken a try. I won my first match. Awesome. Then I gave it another try. Bad idea. I was dominated 3 straight in the next two matches. In one I ended up getting juggled in the air nearly the whole match.

Then I decided to try to play CoD Infinite Warfare in my son's room while he built legos. I played a free for all death match. I got one kill and then died 28 times most of them from getting shot in the back.

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2018, 05:45:40 AM »
Lately it’s a replay of Fallout 4 with all the DLC and Civ 6 which I think desperately needs the upcoming expansion.
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2018, 12:28:49 PM »
A co-worker is putting together a Rasberry Pi build for me.  For now probably I am just going with the SNES/NES games build. Might convert to N64 in the future.   I am getting it for nostalgia but also to try and ween my oldest daughter off of tablet games and onto console stuff.  She needs a little bit more difficulty and challenge outside of the infinite runner games.

It's crazy how she knows Sonic & Mario more for their cartoons then the games. (I guess it isn't too crazy given her age, but still)
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2018, 04:43:28 AM »
Fate/Grand Order. A gatcha game that I'm strangely enjoying. Probably because the story is surprisingly interesting and fun. That is if you can get over the magibabble. And the fact that the grind is heavy. Probably more enjoying it just because I love the Fate/ multiverse.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2018, 12:34:07 PM »
Dragon Quest VII on the 3DS.  I never really got very far in the Dragon Quest series, mainly just VIII on the PS2, but I got this one for Christmas so I'm playing through it and enjoying it.

• Laz
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2018, 05:20:05 PM »
After the disappointment of COD WW2, I ordered Battlefield 4, due in any day now. To prep, I've been hopping between Blacklight Retribution and Planetside 2. It's pretty sad that a pair of indie freemium games are more competent shooters than a top-selling AAA title, but I'm hoping BF4 will give me that hectic-but-tactical feel I'm looking for.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2018, 10:35:16 AM »
Trying to play Banished, an RTS/city builder. Once you learn how to stop dying in the first five or so years, there's no reason to keep playing, but I am. Something will happen, I know it.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2018, 01:21:22 PM »
Oh hey, my dad used to play that game a ton. Banished was created by one dude, so he loved it because of that fact.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2018, 02:14:58 AM »
A co-worker is putting together a Rasberry Pi build for me.  For now probably I am just going with the SNES/NES games build. Might convert to N64 in the future. 
Is it a RetroPie build? If so, I believe it should support N64 games either way. :)
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2018, 05:15:32 AM »
So i just found out Command and Conquer: Red Alert from the windows 95 days is now freeware.  Ive been playing skirmishes on my laptop all day.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2018, 10:27:30 AM »
Oh hey, my dad used to play that game a ton. Banished was created by one dude, so he loved it because of that fact.

Oh cool. I've had for a while but just now am messing with it (less-than-stellar health problems made me want something I could basically play with minimal movement). I just have no idea if I've technically beaten the game. Steady food, steady materials, everything going perfectly. I just feel like I'm waiting on natural disasters. It's an awesome little game, just gets very repetitive. Fucking cool one guy did it.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2018, 05:13:16 PM »
Yeah, it is pretty amazing that this guy did it all by himself. I'm not sure if now he's got a team but the game was released by himself, which means it was a passion project and pretty amazing that he did it. I think you might be scott-free though if you've successfully keeping things up. The only disaster I think in the game the last time my dad played it was winter itself and I think wolves, so yeah. You might've won the game if you keep thriving. Though I think the challenge from there is making the colony much bigger and trying to make it as big as possible.

As for myself I'm trying to get Franchise Hockey Manager 4 to work right. The guys who work on OOTP created it. Just having a rough time getting it to work all the time. I'm thinking though it is something on my end, since I seem to be having a lot of issues on my end (read only on everything being one of them). Quite a fun little sim. I managed to get a full season done as GM of Spokane Chiefs before expanding the NHL for a Kansas team. Then crashing a plenty. :(

It is a fun game, though I would say it isn't as polished as OOTP is. Though OOTP is like years of work in it.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2018, 06:12:01 AM »
Yeah, it's either been winter, tornadoes, or mines collapsing that's really caused problems.

Offline Black Lushus

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2018, 07:36:52 AM »
Spent the last year 100%ing Witcher 3, Ghost Recon and very slowly now slogging my way through Mass Effect Andromeda. I may not finish this one as I've been wanting to play Horizon Zero Dawn and it's been collecting dust on my shelf this whole time...

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2018, 08:06:58 AM »
Skip Andromeda and get into Horizon.  You'll be better for it (and I'm someone who didn't hate the game as much as most, but I'm not planning to finish it).

I'm still exploring around AC: Origins.  That's just a pretty world to ride around in.

Offline Black Lushus

« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2018, 08:25:32 AM »
I have that one as well, gotta get to it eventually!

Offline Sabre

« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2018, 08:47:01 AM »
Dare i say i "liked" Andromeda. If it wasnt a Mass effect game it would have been perfectly fine.  Just didnt live up to the name.

Horizon ZD is one of those games that is too open and i get bored, even tho it is amazing.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2018, 08:56:29 AM »
That's how I felt about Andromeda. It played like Dragon Age Inquisition in space to me. But overall I enjoyed it, but it wasn't Mass Effect nor do I felt it held a candle to the others.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2018, 09:09:17 AM »
I keep meaning to replay and be a dick since its free on EA access now.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2018, 09:09:40 AM »
I'm gonna start Wolfenstein II tomorrow. I have a massive backlog of games and ordinarily wouldn't have jumped forward to anything released last year, but someone bought it for me and I feel obligated to.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Black Lushus

« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2018, 10:09:38 AM »
Honestly, ME:A to me feels like a total retread of the previous games rather than something new, that's why it's a slog to me.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2018, 10:28:22 AM »
I just wish we got some Story DLC to make it more interesting.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2018, 11:54:21 AM »
Part of it for me.....

Spoiler: show
 I was waiting for some connection to the prior game. Or finding out revenants were the results of the human/synth merger.
Or finding out the bad guys were evolved humans.

• Laz
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2018, 10:26:01 AM »
After the disappointment of COD WW2, I ordered Battlefield 4, due in any day now. To prep, I've been hopping between Blacklight Retribution and Planetside 2. It's pretty sad that a pair of indie freemium games are more competent shooters than a top-selling AAA title, but I'm hoping BF4 will give me that hectic-but-tactical feel I'm looking for.
Oh god why did I ignore this beast for so long. Matches are won or lost via strategy over cheap kills. My only gripe so far is the slooooowwwww grind as a noob.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2018, 02:45:43 PM »
I'm wrapping up Yakuza Kiwami.  The story isn't nearly as good as Yakuza 0's and there isn't as much side stuff to do, but this is basically a gussied-up version of a 10 year old game that was first in a series so that's expected.  The Majima fights have some entertaining setups at least.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2018, 06:36:27 AM »
I've been playing the remaster of Modern Warfare with my son. We do multiplayer, load up some bots and go at it.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2018, 07:15:30 AM »
Baldur's Gate 2. Good memories, plus David Warner's voice. All good.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2018, 06:04:41 PM »
Got so many games on the back burner but I just couldn't stop myself from buying Monster Hunter World, waiting for the install to finish right now...