Author Topic: NXT alum championship success in WWE  (Read 235 times)

Description:

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
NXT alum championship success in WWE
« on: January 14, 2019, 02:00:56 AM »
This graphic was made and posted on Twitter.  Thought it could be a fun discussion piece here.  Anyone want to chime in on surprises, thoughts or expectations?

[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Kahran Ramsus

Re: NXT alum championship success in WWE
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 03:29:21 AM »
The graphic isn't showing up for me.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 03:38:32 AM »
Sorry about that.  Worked on my first test but wasn’t showing up when I saw your reply.  Should be working now.
[img width=800

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 03:44:18 AM »
I'm surprised about the NXT/WWE champs because NXT has fewer titles than the main roster.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 03:47:16 AM »
For the most part it does look like success in NXT leads to success in WWE.  Two of the three biggest names on the Non-NXT Champ/WWE Champ list were only in NXT for a cup of coffee (Braun, Roman) so it is hard to even count them.  Braun didn't even make it to TV.

Biggest surprise for me is Xavier Woods, who looked like nothing more than a JTTS before striking it big with the New Day and becoming a major star.  Biggest disappointments are Zayn and Joe, both of whom have struggled a lot with injuries so there is at least a reason there beyond just bad booking.  I love the Revival, but I really did not see Vince taking them seriously so I can't exactly say I'm surprised there.  Plus they do have struggled with injuries.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 03:57:49 AM »
I do think roughly speaking there is a correlation between success in NXT and success in WWE.  Guys like Tyler Breeze didn't do much in WWE, but never won anything in NXT either.

I think this will play out with one of the new callups that seems to have a lot of hype:  EC3.  I've seen a lot of people elsewhere online that think he is going to be a big player in WWE, but I don't see it.  He was never more than a midcarder in NXT, so why would he all of a sudden get a big push on the main roster?

Offline Avid TOXIE Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 06:00:12 AM »
Especially when he was only a top guy in TNA/Impact because he knows how to talk. People sit on their hands when he works until the big spots come out. He's not a guy with much longevity, really.

Maybe the real deep state was the friends we made along the way.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 06:29:47 AM »
I love EC3 but I’m uncertain how he turns out.  I never thought he was a fit for NXT but I didn’t think Roode necessarily was either and on an individual basis, Roode was booked better in NXT than main roster.

I think there are a lot of people that see some of Cena in EC3 and hold out hope he fits that Elias mold of barely there in NXT to be more of a “main roster” gimmick.

Much like Roode, he should be a heel but they already made him a generic face in NXT due to crowds.  Hopefully they turn him on the main roster for the better.
[img width=800

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 08:05:47 AM »
I'd say Elias was kind of a poor man's Xavier Woods in that he basically happened across a really good gimmick and made it work.  That's not really something that can be foreseen in NXT (assuming that's not where they got the gimmick).  Elias had a bit of the music stuff, but nothing like what it became on the main roster.  And even then, it isn't like he's won titles or been anything more than a midcarder.