Author Topic: NFL Offseason  (Read 6224 times)

Description:

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
Re: NFL Offseason
« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2019, 02:19:05 PM »
Well, Gase never wanted him there, so that's not surprising.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2019, 03:41:20 AM »
Rueben Foster was carted off with a knee injury two plays into the first OTA.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #202 on: May 26, 2019, 03:43:38 AM »
Been expecting this one for awhile because his health has been poor, but 5 time NFL Champion QB Bart Starr passed away.  An absolute legend.  RIP

Offline fazzle

« Reply #203 on: June 03, 2019, 11:49:13 AM »
Gerald McCoy signing with the Panthers, 1 year $8.5 million

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #204 on: June 07, 2019, 10:35:10 AM »
Texans fired their GM. Uh, what the hell.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #205 on: June 08, 2019, 04:58:03 AM »
Texans fired their GM. Uh, what the hell.

Rumors are they're targeting Nick Caserio in New England and Scott Pioli, who recently left Atlanta, is also an intriguing possibility as a replacement.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #206 on: June 09, 2019, 04:53:16 PM »
Bears had a 100 years kickoff celebration with a ton of their alumni.  Emery Moorehead came out and said he talked to the NFL reps and we might have a HOF class of upwards of 17 people next year to make up for all the old timers who have been left out.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2019, 11:41:37 AM »
The Raiders are going to be on Hard Knocks this year.  Should be interesting to say the least.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2019, 11:26:01 PM »
The Raiders are going to be on Hard Knocks this year.  Should be interesting to say the least.

Somewhere 909 freaks out.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #209 on: June 12, 2019, 02:45:33 AM »
Poor Krankor and Bears Fans. EDIT: K Chris Blewitt got waived.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #210 on: June 12, 2019, 06:15:10 AM »
We're going to end up trading a 1st rd pick for a damn kicker.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2019, 08:02:17 AM »
I don't know what went through Nagy's mind, but it wasn't a football.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2019, 12:45:53 AM »
Patriots sent a conditional 7th Round pick to Detroit for TE Michael Roberts, better known for his blocking than his receiving ability. Yet another body for competition.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #213 on: June 16, 2019, 01:48:52 AM »
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26981310/oj-joins-twitter-got-little-gettin-even-do
In the Twitter video, Simpson said his followers would get to read all his thoughts and opinions on "just about everything.''

"Now, there's a lot of fake O.J. accounts out there,'' he said, adding that this one would be official. He appeared to record the message himself and ended it with a grin.

OJ'S GONNA SHOOT BROTHER

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #214 on: June 16, 2019, 07:04:38 AM »
I guess there aren't any Bronco fans on this board. Pat Bowlen died a few days ago and the ownership of the Broncos has been a mess for awhile.
https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-ownership-team-will-continue-to-be-controlled-by-pat-bowlen-trust/
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline fazzle

« Reply #215 on: June 16, 2019, 12:38:15 PM »
Patriots sent a conditional 7th Round pick to Detroit for TE Michael Roberts, better known for his blocking than his receiving ability. Yet another body for competition.

Turns out Roberts failed his physical and the trade was rescinded.   Roberts was then cut by the Lions

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #217 on: June 19, 2019, 01:50:44 AM »

And the Packers scooped him up....

Turns out Roberts failed his physical and the trade was rescinded.   Roberts was then cut by the Lions

Offline fazzle

« Reply #218 on: June 19, 2019, 11:26:19 AM »
Aaand the Packers also cut him due to a failed physical

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #219 on: June 20, 2019, 01:09:56 PM »

ARod hasn't slept all off season.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #221 on: June 23, 2019, 04:42:20 PM »
come on, we've all had horror story trips in our lives. Just based off of my own travel nightmares in the past, I'd tell someone to keep walking even at $1500 cash being offered.

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #222 on: June 23, 2019, 05:21:48 PM »
I'd take it instantly. It's free money.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Gert

« Reply #223 on: June 25, 2019, 08:28:42 AM »
Bengals 1st Round pick Jonah Williams OUT for the season after a torn labrum. The Bengals literally may lose their best offensive lineman for 2019 before he ever played a game for them....

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #224 on: June 25, 2019, 09:44:31 AM »
Really should just trade Dalton as soon as the first team inevitably loses their QB in pre-season.  Fully tank for a top draft pick next year.   You were looking at another 6-8 win season at best anyways, can’t just keep plugging away in mediocrity.

The plus side?  The Marvin Era would have denied this news for weeks, so at least this regime is honest?

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #225 on: June 25, 2019, 10:35:57 AM »
The Bengals have a history of losing first round draft picks to pre-season injuries, don't they?

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #226 on: June 25, 2019, 11:29:28 PM »
As a result of the injury, Cordy Glenn is likely to move back to LT for this year. From Bengals.com, "Christian Westerman, who has two NFL starts in his three seasons with the Bengals, took a bulk of the starter’s reps at left guard during the minicamp while Glenn moved back to left tackle. But the newly-signed John Jerry, a nine-year veteran, also got a look there.

Clint Boling, the incumbent left guard, didn’t practice during the spring with an unknown ailment and it’s not clear when he’ll be available at training camp, which begins July 27."

Should be something to keep an eye on.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2019, 03:01:19 PM »
During regular game action I watch the ball but during training camp and preseason games (when camera angles allow) I focus on the line battles. I INTEND to do it during regular game action but I get caught up in the game, whereas in practice I can be more aware to watch the little things.

Hell a few seasons ago there were 3 long snappers in Saints camp (wtf?) and I legit was watching them off in their little corner of the practice field while the rest of my group was oogling Jimmy Graham.

Or did I just read too much into Harley's suggestion to keep an eye on the Bengals OL situation?

Offline Gert

« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2019, 05:01:23 PM »
Really should just trade Dalton as soon as the first team inevitably loses their QB in pre-season.  Fully tank for a top draft pick next year.   You were looking at another 6-8 win season at best anyways, can’t just keep plugging away in mediocrity.

The plus side?  The Marvin Era would have denied this news for weeks, so at least this regime is honest?

Truthfully, I think the Bengals should look into trading Geno Atkins & AJ Green. Two of probably my top 10 Bengals of all time but they deserve better and the Bengals should try to maximize their value to get assets.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #229 on: June 26, 2019, 11:18:38 PM »
During regular game action I watch the ball but during training camp and preseason games (when camera angles allow) I focus on the line battles. I INTEND to do it during regular game action but I get caught up in the game, whereas in practice I can be more aware to watch the little things.

Hell a few seasons ago there were 3 long snappers in Saints camp (wtf?) and I legit was watching them off in their little corner of the practice field while the rest of my group was oogling Jimmy Graham.

Or did I just read too much into Harley's suggestion to keep an eye on the Bengals OL situation?

I like sporadically watching the line battles, partly because Dante Scarnecchia is maybe one of the best OL Coach ever and I always find it interesting to try and see technique that the Patriots OL uses for Draft scouting purposes.

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #230 on: July 03, 2019, 09:12:54 AM »
Jared Lorenezo AKA the Pillsbury Throwboy AKA the Hefty Lefty died at 38 from cardiac and renal issues. Holds many Kentucky passing records and was Eli's backup for a few years. Struggled with his weight practically all his life (especially post-NFL)...RIP.

Also, former QB Anthony Wright was shot several times by his girlfriend's ex...appears to be in stable condition but it's not a good time to be a former Giant QB.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #231 on: July 03, 2019, 02:24:26 PM »
That fucking sucks, I loved watching that guy play.

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #232 on: July 04, 2019, 02:50:44 AM »
Before he died, I had an eBay alert for Jared cause I wanted a jersey. Occasionally footballs and cards signed by him would show up. Today there's at least fifty new listings using his name.

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #233 on: July 05, 2019, 03:11:58 AM »
Dolphins DT Kendrick Norton lost his arm after getting into a car accident. He was drafted by the Panthers in the 7th round last year before getting picked up by Miami.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #234 on: July 05, 2019, 11:28:30 PM »
Dolphins DT Kendrick Norton lost his arm after getting into a car accident. He was drafted by the Panthers in the 7th round last year before getting picked up by Miami.

Very sad. Read he got cut off, car rolled over, and they had to actually amputate his left arm at the scene :( Hope he makes a full mental recovery from this and lives a long life.

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #235 on: July 11, 2019, 04:35:14 AM »

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2019, 01:13:08 PM »

Very sad. Read he got cut off, car rolled over, and they had to actually amputate his left arm at the scene :( Hope he makes a full mental recovery from this and lives a long life.

Yeah, that's awful.  The NFL is paying for his medical treatment.  I read he's already had three surgeries and might need a couple more before they can attach a prosthetic arm.  I hope Miami honors his base salary for the season.  It's like half a million or so which is nothing to them.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #237 on: July 15, 2019, 04:15:11 AM »
Bengals OL gets shakier as Clint Boling retired at age 30, citing medical issues.

49ers signed K Robbie Gould to a two-year, $10.5 million contract.

Offline strummer

« Reply #238 on: July 15, 2019, 05:57:36 AM »
Pretty amazing how kickers seem to become great (again) after they leave the Giants.  Gould sucked when he kicked for them.  Matt Bryant sucked as a Giant as well