Author Topic: TWIW 1/14/19 - 1/20/19: Screw Cody, We Goin For Disney!  (Read 3187 times)

Description:

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Re: TWIW 1/14/19 - 1/20/19: Screw Cody, We Goin For Disney!
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2019, 08:44:56 AM »
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline NYU

« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2019, 10:46:10 AM »
Unless you have direct insight into their lives, and whether or not this was planned, and if it was planned whether WWE knew ahead of time and still signed them (they'd do it).. it's kind of shitty to call someone getting pregnant and going on mat leave a "scammer" just because it happened a few months after getting their new job. This happens in the "real world" all the time. Are those women "scammers" too?

Stop it. They were both floating around the Indies for years.  You're going to tell me that these issues suddenly and unexpectedly arrived the moment they signed with WWE? I don't have direct insight into their lives but use some common sense. Mike Kanellis had a drug addiction from three years prior to signing with WWE due to his knee injury. He knowingly withheld that information from the company (and according to Maria, from her too, but whatever), signed his contract with them, and then promptly used the company's generous rehab policy to have them pay.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the idea of motherhood wasn't a totally alien idea to Maria Kanellis before she signed her contract. She can run her life the way she sees fit and do whatever she wants. That doesn't change the fact that it's absolutely bad form to sign a new contract and then immediately make yourself unusable in regards to being used on television. I don't think it was an accident. I think it was planned and not a coincidence. Do I have proof? Obviously not but I don't think it's a giant leap to connect two dots here. Maria, knowing that she wasn't going to be getting her paid maternity leave if she continued to run around ROH and TNA, clearly decided to join up with WWE so she would be covered. Ronda Rousey has also made it known that she wants to become a mother too, but she has at least pledged to give the company a solid year or two before trying to become actively pregnant. This is what you do when you're acting in solid faith with your employer.

If somebody signs onto a company solely to get these benefits, takes full advantage of them, and then asks to be released from their contracts prematurely almost immediately afterwards without putting in some honest work, I would say it's pretty shitty behavior and an example of scamming the system.

Obviously WWE is considered to be an evil organization here so the mentality of this message board is "Fuck them. Take the company for every benefit you can." Whether that's true or not is irrelevant. It's still a bad look to sign with an organization on what looks to be seemingly false pretenses, use up any resource you can, and then try to split without even putting in the time afterwards to justify using those resources. Perhaps I'm looking at it from a management point of view, and not a worker-bee mentality, so I'm seeing things differently here. But I think their behavior here was shady at best.

Offline NYU

« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2019, 10:48:37 AM »
She didn’t like how she and her husband were being used or didn’t get along with other talent or many possible scenarios.  Revival allegedly does the same and people react with a “good! I hope they go to AEW”.    Maria potentially does the same thing and she’s a scammer because....?

Revival didn't use the rehab policy or the paid maternity leave immediately after arriving in the organization and then ask to leave pretty soon after they were finished. This is a terrible comparison.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2019, 11:16:01 AM »
I never understood why WWE brought in Maria and Mike in the first place.  She allegedly had "heat in the back" at the end of her previous run.....and then they are signed and they do jack and shit with them.  Maria was great in ROH, not the biggest fan of Mike but he was solid and they had a good act going.....WWE just didn't even try to use them at all.  Why did they sign them?  They were over in ROH but it's not like they were any kind of threat to WWE

The only plausible thing that crosses my brain is they wanted them for Total Divas.....maybe?  Then she's knocked up and off TV and he's a pill junkie and they're like WTF

I don't know

Offline Wrestlemania/Limp Bizkit WINNER

• Kreese
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2019, 11:35:42 AM »
Meanwhile, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the idea of motherhood wasn't a totally alien idea to Maria Kanellis before she signed her contract. She can run her life the way she sees fit and do whatever she wants. That doesn't change the fact that it's absolutely bad form to sign a new contract and then immediately make yourself unusable in regards to being used on television. I don't think it was an accident. I think it was planned and not a coincidence. Do I have proof? Obviously not but I don't think it's a giant leap to connect two dots here. Maria, knowing that she wasn't going to be getting her paid maternity leave if she continued to run around ROH and TNA, clearly decided to join up with WWE so she would be covered. Ronda Rousey has also made it known that she wants to become a mother too, but she has at least pledged to give the company a solid year or two before trying to become actively pregnant. This is what you do when you're acting in solid faith with your employer.

Dawg, WWE is worth almost 7 billion dollars and you're upset that an employee independent contractor who had already put in 5.5 years of work in a previous stint with the company didn't delay her first pregnancy until her late 30s for them when they didn't even seem interested in doing anything with her in the first place, AND you believe that the most ethical course of action would be for her to pay for the pregnancy out of pocket on an indy wrestler's salary. Your mindset seems to be that WWE owes nothing to their talent but is owed complete loyalty from them until they have drawn enough money to earn the right to have a normal life outside of work.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2019, 12:06:34 PM »
There are so many assumptions in NYU's version of events. Also lol at him implying doubt that Maria lied about not knowing about Mike's addiction.

Offline NYU

« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2019, 01:07:27 PM »

Dawg, WWE is worth almost 7 billion dollars and you're upset that an employee independent contractor who had already put in 5.5 years of work in a previous stint with the company didn't delay her first pregnancy until her late 30s for them when they didn't even seem interested in doing anything with her in the first place, AND you believe that the most ethical course of action would be for her to pay for the pregnancy out of pocket on an indy wrestler's salary. Your mindset seems to be that WWE owes nothing to their talent but is owed complete loyalty from them until they have drawn enough money to earn the right to have a normal life outside of work.

I’m certainly not upset about it. It doesn’t affect my life whatsoever. I just don’t give them a pass for behavior I find exploitative. But why does it matter that she put in 5.5 years of work previously? She had been out of the organization for years. It has nothing to do with the fact that she signed a *new* contract with them to start a *new* stint with the company. Your argument about ethics is stunning though....you’re arguing it’s MORE ethical to sign a contract with an employer solely so you can take care of their maternity policy? I’m not saying I don’t understand her actions from a utilitarian point of view. I do. You obviously don’t want to sit home for months with a newborn and no paycheck if you have a way to get around it. But what she did, while understandable, is totally unethical, whether it was that she did it against a mom-and-pop business or a billion dollar company. That’s the whole point of discussing the ethics of an action.

I also think you’re taking a big leap by saying that I implied that the wrestlers owe WWE complete loyalty. I never said anything of the sort and I disagree with that statement in fact. Anyone is free to jump to greener pastures if they feel it would be best for them. I’m saying that I think it’s low class what they did in particular because they took advantage of the company’s policies the second the ink was dry on their contract. And when WWE down the line possibly re-reviews their rehab policy or the amount of time they provide on maternity leave to avoid being taken  advantage of again, they’ll be looked at as the bad guys instead of the people who gamed the system and forced them to reevaluate.

Offline NYU

« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2019, 01:13:10 PM »
There are so many assumptions in NYU's version of events. Also lol at him implying doubt that Maria lied about not knowing about Mike's addiction.

Considering this forum has always jumped to conclusions on absolutely every topic under the sun, this comment is rich. I’m sure absolutely every single one of us here is guilty of jumping to a conclusion on a wrestling matter, sports matter, hell....even each other as evidenced by many of the topics in General Chat. I am taking the facts and I’m drawing reasonable conclusions. You can feel free to disagree with all of them if you want but let’s not sit here and pretend that anybody who posts here is above “making assumptions”.

Do I find it suspicious that Mike Kanellis somehow hid a THREE YEAR drug addiction from his wife and she had absolutely no idea it was going on while they were traveling together and practically with each other 24/7? Seems a little odd to me. But we live in a society where thankfully nobody lies and we can always take everyone at their word no matter what they say.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2019, 01:21:16 PM »
Did they actually "game the system" though?  Like, with Mike, they wouldn't have signed him if there were major red flags RE: Wellness?!  Also, they knew Maria, she'd been in the company for years......

The idea that the signed there to make a baby and get treatment for whatever addiction is kind of insane.  Maybe that is what happened, but I really, really doubt it

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2019, 01:26:24 PM »

Considering this forum has always jumped to conclusions on absolutely every topic under the sun, this comment is rich. I’m sure absolutely every single one of us here is guilty of jumping to a conclusion on a wrestling matter, sports matter, hell....even each other as evidenced by many of the topics in General Chat. I am taking the facts and I’m drawing reasonable conclusions. You can feel free to disagree with all of them if you want but let’s not sit here and pretend that anybody who posts here is above “making assumptions”.

Do I find it suspicious that Mike Kanellis somehow hid a THREE YEAR drug addiction from his wife and she had absolutely no idea it was going on while they were traveling together and practically with each other 24/7? Seems a little odd to me. But we live in a society where thankfully nobody lies and we can always take everyone at their word no matter what they say.

honestly bro......drug usage can be done succesfully without the people closest to you knowing how much you do it.  Trust me on this. I know from personal experience.  I also know that you think everything is A-OK, then it spirals, and you need help

You are talking from a preachy "I don't know WTF I'm actually talking about" pedestal

Trust me brother.  I know from real life experience.

Offline NYU

« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2019, 01:30:50 PM »
Did they actually "game the system" though?  Like, with Mike, they wouldn't have signed him if there were major red flags RE: Wellness?!  Also, they knew Maria, she'd been in the company for years......

The idea that the signed there to make a baby and get treatment for whatever addiction is kind of insane.  Maybe that is what happened, but I really, really doubt it

I don’t think the idea is insane at all. You see it happen somewhat often. People who were unemployed and start a new job will put off going to a doctor or a dentist until they know their health insurance has kicked in. Otherwise they’re looking at massive medical bills. I think it’s more reasonable to figure they said “now is a great time to have a baby” rather than thinking the rehab and the pregnancy were both just wild coincidences that happened to be announced at roughly the same time and coincidentally just happened to be right after they signed their contracts.

I definitely don’t think they would have signed Mike had they known about his issues. He’s not exactly Kenny Omega and they just had to have him.

Offline NYU

« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2019, 01:31:48 PM »

honestly bro......drug usage can be done succesfully without the people closest to you knowing how much you do it.  Trust me on this. I know from personal experience.  I also know that you think everything is A-OK, then it spirals, and you need help

You are talking from a preachy "I don't know WTF I'm actually talking about" pedestal

Trust me brother.  I know from real life experience.

My man. Let’s just say you have no idea where i speak from and what my experiences are.

I am not the only one here who jumps to conclusions, it seems.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2019, 01:40:18 PM »
So think the Mike/Maria debate needs to get in its own thread now since the blurbs that the weekly thread serves purpose for are getting buried in hard-hitting analysis
[img width=800

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2019, 01:42:10 PM »
I'm not jumping to any conclusions brother.  You've been the one doing that.  You suggested that they had some kind of nefarious long term "game the system" plot.  That says a lot about the way your brain works.   The release ask might just be that they feel their talents were being wasted.....which is totally legit if true IMO

I'm just gonna stop here.  I have no ill will towards anyone involved here.

Offline NYU

« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2019, 01:51:54 PM »
I'm not jumping to any conclusions brother.  You've been the one doing that.  You suggested that they had some kind of nefarious long term "game the system" plot.  That says a lot about the way your brain works.   The release ask might just be that they feel their talents were being wasted.....which is totally legit if true IMO

I'm just gonna stop here.  I have no ill will towards anyone involved here.

My man, we were talking about this Mike/Maria situation in which we have differing opinions but we have the same information to go by. I’m interpreting the facts in a different way than everyone else here is interpreting the facts. And that’s okay. But then you threw in that I stand on a preachy “I don’t know WTF I’m talking about” pedestal in regards to my experience with drugs which, considering you don’t know the first thing about me — not even my first name — it’s a weird thing to say and certainly jumping to a conclusion.

At this point, I’ve said what I’ve wanted to say. Maybe my brain isn’t working right and i need to bust out my tin foil hat because I’m seeing a conspiracy that isn’t there. Maybe Maria and Mike jump to AEW and she decides to have baby #2 a month after signing with them. At this point, she can do whatever she wants.. I can’t believe I’ve spent this much time talking about her or her husband.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2019, 01:55:22 PM »
I'll just say that whether or not the "join WWE, go to rehab, get pregnant, ask for release" series of events was an intentionally planned out scheme or not, it still seems like it's something that would be a GIANT red flag to any potential future employers.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2019, 02:41:22 PM »
As someone who has been an addict and has known numerous addicts, you absolutely can hide it from some people especially if that person is in denial.

We don't know She was planning to get pregnant when they joined, or that she knew about his addiction. We don't know what WWE knew about her plans. We don't know if they really did ask for their releases. She's denied it.

Someone mentioned Maria having lockerroom problems in her last run. That was a rumor about her and the Bellas having issues and the Bellas later said it wasn't true and they wanted her to come back.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2019, 03:13:01 PM »

Offline NYU

« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2019, 12:44:22 AM »
We don't know She was planning to get pregnant when they joined, or that she knew about his addiction. We don't know what WWE knew about her plans. We don't know if they really did ask for their releases. She's denied it

That’s like saying “We don’t know if he killed that guy. Yeah, there was a bloody knife next to where he was standing. And yeah, his fingerprints were on that knife. And yeah, his hands were all covered in blood. But he’s denied doing it so we really don’t know.”

Sometimes you can read between the lines and make a judgment call. Again, for all I know, I could be totally wrong and everything that happened with them was on the up-and-up. But I smell bullshit with this situation and I made that opinion known. Not to turn this political at all, but for example....honestly speaking, we don’t know with 100% certainty if President Trump wants to build this wall for solely political reasons or because he genuinely wants to stop illegal immigration. Deep down we probably know, but we can’t say unequivocally what his mindset is because we are not in his brain. Yet that hasn’t stopped any of us from having opinions or making assumptions about his actions or his behaviors. We are taking the facts, cutting through what we deem to be bullshit, and then drawing a conclusion on what is going on. That’s what I’m doing here, and my conclusion is different than yours or anybody else’s.

Offline Wrestlemania/Limp Bizkit WINNER

• Kreese
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2019, 12:50:41 AM »
Mike and Maria are a married couple. I can confidently say they were fucking before and after they were signed by WWE. Which birth control measures they were taking I do not know but nothing short of tubal ligation would have been fool-proof. I don't think it's immoral that they didn't base their family planning decisions solely around their employer.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2019, 07:58:31 AM »

They announced 10 today.  All current roster women expected to be in it.  Some already announced but not all.  They plan on announcing ten more tomorrow so hopefully they mainly announce the others that weren’t “revealed” today already announced so we still keep some surprise and intrigue in the Rumble itself.
[img width=800

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2019, 08:41:27 AM »
I'm sorry if I came too hard at NYU.  I've never had any issues with you bro.  No hard feelings hopefully.  For all we know you're correct.

I just think the more likely thing is they just want out because they're not being used at all, and with AEW and all the options out there, they should.  WWE has treated them well aside from being used, and Mike has been super outspoken about how they basically saved his life, but if I put myself in their shoes I want to work

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2019, 10:38:04 AM »
Administratively speaking, you're not legally allowed to discriminate against an applicant that is pregnant. That said, if you're conducting interviews for a position that has a learning curve, months of training, or is physically demanding, and the applicant offers up without prompting, "I'm in a great mood, we just found out I'm pregnant!" will you be objective from that moment on? Knowing, you'll hire this applicant just for them to be unavailable to wrestle if it's wrestling, fight fires if it's fire fighting, lift patients if it's EMS, or just to do the job if it's an office job with a lot of learning etc... until 9 months + maternity leave? Objectively. I know this is a pretty progressive forward thinking group but we are still human and flawed.

So if they were trying they wouldn't have said anything and I doubt they'd cop to it anyway. And if they weren't, well hell yeah they have every right to be annoyed at all of us beating the story like a dead horse. What if a condom broke? The pill ain't 100% either. Some of us are pro-choice, some of us aren't. And if they aren't, who's got the balls to say "you need to abort it to keep your position?" (yeah I'm getting far-fetched)

And for Mike's addictions: put me down in the column of loved one had a hidden addiction that no one knew about until the guilt crushed them into opening up. On a small minor insignificant scale: My wife hid that she had taken up smoking (again) for MONTHS. I know cigarettes aren't the worst thing in the world but it's known I'm not a fan of the habit. We share a home, a bed, etc... We're very close and affectionate, pick a lot, tickle fights, etc... I never detected it. Never smelled it. Never stumbled across hidden packs. Never found receipts or strange charges. She opened up we got through it, now she only really does it socially when drinking and I've lightened the fuck up about it. She also went through a pill phase that I was clueless about and again, we worked through it and she's narcotics clean and only takes her controlled prescriptions as prescribed.

So I respect Mike for overcoming his struggles, I don't question it a bit that he was able to hide it. And did he pull a fast one on the WWE, also? I don't know but I'm glad he's clean and he and his wife seem to have a strong marriage through a lot of shit.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2019, 04:37:34 PM »
Karma springs to mind with all this to be honest. (The wrestler not the actual karma.)