Author Topic: WWE Elimination Chamber  (Read 1259 times)

Description:

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
Re: WWE Elimination Chamber
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2019, 01:40:14 PM »
I'm failing to see how a two-week Kofi title reign changes anything for better or worse.  This definitely felt like booking meant for Ali to get a rub, but I don't think it would have worked as well here because Kofi already has a connection with the crowd.  Now we can build to a Mania match (with Kofi winning at Fastlane to become #1 contender) and let them tear it up with Kofi winning.

BTW, I was waiting for E and Xavier to run him into the screen on the stage.  Stupid NXT and their ending fakeouts.

Offline Epic for the Summer

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2019, 01:47:32 PM »
The men's chamber was good but it was too much like the 2012 match to me with Kofi in the Santino role. It even had the same ending with Bryan going over and retaining.

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2019, 01:48:48 PM »
If it wasn't for the fact that I really don't want to see Bryan in any ladder matches any time soon I kind of would love a rehash of the Razor/HBK IC title thing where Kofi wins the belt and comes out with some crazy custom belt that's the complete opposite of Bryan's but then he comes out and claims that he still has the real title and then you can do the double belt ladder match at the next PPV or whatever. Or maybe they can wait it out a month by bringing back Harper and aligning him with Bryan, too and doing a six man in between Mania and the ladder match.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 6 IS UNDERWAY!

Apparently Artistic - See my dubious attempts at making art.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline NYU

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2019, 01:52:19 PM »
I don’t feel like Kofi/Bryan at Mania in a gigantic MetLife Stadium in the middle of an endless WrestleMania show is going to get the same epically loud response (unless WWE was really smart and kicked off the main show with this match).

I think Rando brings up a great point. Sometimes a short title reign that is done at a time the crowd goes apeshit for it can do wonders for keeping a guy in the Main Event. Would Mick Foley’s first title win over The Rock be remembered as fondly if they did it at the Royal Rumble instead? It wouldn’t have had the same emotional feel in my opinion. Same as Edge winning the title at New Year’s Revolution. It only lasted a few weeks but the crowd reaction and unpredictability of it cemented him permanently after that. There’s something to be said for striking while the iron’s hot. WWE could have did that with Strowman a year ago and now look....they ruined him. Same thing with Nakamura. The crowd went ballistic for him at the Rumble and then they jobbed him out the next six months to the point nobody could care less about him anymore. This company has been very bad in recent years with taking advantage of opportunities and pushing guys the crowd is dying to see succeed. That’s why they’ll have nobody to attract people once Brock leaves.

Tonight was Kofi’s night and they really dropped the ball.

Offline muzzington

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2019, 02:01:51 PM »
Is Kofi/Bryan a sure thing going forward? I haven't kept up with the news and I'm just worried he's forgotten about, although after the past couple of weeks I don't see how they could.

Offline NYU

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2019, 02:07:55 PM »
As far as I know, no. But there have not been any rumors of Bryan’s opponent at Mania and really....they don’t have any faces on SmackDown they could throw into the match at this point besides possibly Mysterio. No doubt the match will get stuck in the mid card as it is anyway so they might as well take advantage and give Kofi that spot.

With that being said, watch them make a dumbass decision and decide to book Bryan vs Bray because of the Rowan factor that absolutely nobody cares about.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2019, 02:14:35 PM »
Kofi was plugged into the Ali spot, literally cut and paste booking with the gauntlet and chamber

That said, it would have been cool if they'd given Kofi a short run and have him lose it back to Bryan at fast lane.  He was super over, and he deserves it for the years of work he's put in

Becky beat the every loving shit out of Ronda and Charlotte with those canes.  Ronda was busted on the side of her head and all welted up.  Charlotte's arms were bleeding and she was covered with welts too.  They're gonna be feeling great tomorrow

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2019, 02:35:32 PM »
I would’ve been sad if I missed Kofi win the title. In other words, the WWE has no fucking idea on how to galvanize an audience. They telegraph every freaking move and now they might consider a title run in the future that no one will care about.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2019, 03:20:11 PM »
I do not think Kofi will get a title shot anytime soon. Look at what New Day has done at WrestleMania every year to know what Vince thinks of New Day. He is clueless. They have gotten buried every year they've had a match.

I do think this booking decision will be yet another contributing factor to WWE's ratings slide and may even accelerate it faster. This was the chance to do something interesting with an act that has been over as fuck for years. They ruined it. You can't keep fucking fans out of what they want to see and continue to string them along. It's time to make some snap decisions when the crowd wants them to do it, they were primed for it tonight. That match was completely uninteresting until Kofi was put in it.

The picture below says it all lirl.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2019, 03:21:38 PM »

• Admin
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2019, 03:26:38 PM »
The men's chamber was good but it was too much like the 2012 match to me with Kofi in the Santino role. It even had the same ending with Bryan going over and retaining.

I have no idea how you compare the two.

The New Day has sold literally millions of dollars in merchandise. It is very possible they have sold more than anyone else on Smackdown besides Rey Mysterio, they are also very frequently in the dark match segments when WWE decides to give Smackdown a shitty ending. That's just a lazy comparison on your part. If anything more people should realize how dumb it is that one of them hasn't been pushed into this spot years ago.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2019, 04:59:59 PM »
I have to mostly agree with 909 here.  For a long time, I haven't thought that fans on the Internet and WWE themselves have appreciated just how over New Day is.

• Admin
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2019, 05:14:59 PM »
I have to mostly agree with 909 here.  For a long time, I haven't thought that fans on the Internet and WWE themselves have appreciated just how over New Day is.

The other thing is that the obvious lack of planning and lack of manufactured attempt to make a star...would have made Kofi even more of a star as a result of winning this match. I don't think it will be the same if it happens at a later date.

To your point, I remember how right before New Day got squashed by League of Nations at WM, that the arena at a Smackdown I went to chanted for New Day for no less than 50 minutes. Maybe a whole hour. I am not remotely exaggerating here. They haven't stayed that over because that isn't possible, but they have been over for a very long time and merit a reward beyond being tag team champions. The babyface side of the men's roster on both brands is an atrocity. Say what everyone will about there being better workers in WWE (because it's true), there are very few male acts more over as babyfaces than them. Maybe four at most. Possibly less. Rey Mysterio, Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, and I think that's it. Roman Reigns when he comes back. It isn't a flash in the pan thing either, they need to do it before it's too late.

Offline strummer

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2019, 05:52:00 PM »
I can remember being critical of them being "hosts" of Mania few years ago (think it was Mania 33) and was told ( not here I think) that it was a great spot and would help them.  Well nothing ever came of it.  I would say since their long tag champ reign ended they've been criminally underused relative to how over they are

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2019, 12:54:28 AM »
While I agree that they really should have given Kofi the title last night and that the moment was there, I think there is still an opportunity to capitalize on it and build to a heated Mania match between Bryan and Kofi. Clearly there is magic there between the two and that should sustain itself as long as the booking doesnt fuck it up leading into Mania. The key will be to generate something at Fast Lane to really get Kofi over tenfold (maybe a six pack challenge elimination match?) and a strong follow up on this Tuesday will be necessary. I can't think of any other scenario at Mania that seems to be hinted at even, so this probably will be the way they go. At least I hope.

That said, this Mania is really not feeling like a Mania that much with these things bound to happen, although I'm all for Kofi getting a title run. It just seems like a majority of the matches that are penned down at this point don't resonate as Mania level type of bouts, at least on paper. I'm kinda glad I'm not doing the Mania week trip this year after nine years straight (since Mania 26) for this reason, plus I have a strange feeling this will be the first Mania that has inclement weather issues.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2019, 01:00:38 AM »

The other thing is that the obvious lack of planning and lack of manufactured attempt to make a star...would have made Kofi even more of a star as a result of winning this match. I don't think it will be the same if it happens at a later date.

To your point, I remember how right before New Day got squashed by League of Nations at WM, that the arena at a Smackdown I went to chanted for New Day for no less than 50 minutes. Maybe a whole hour. I am not remotely exaggerating here. They haven't stayed that over because that isn't possible, but they have been over for a very long time and merit a reward beyond being tag team champions. The babyface side of the men's roster on both brands is an atrocity. Say what everyone will about there being better workers in WWE (because it's true), there are very few male acts more over as babyfaces than them. Maybe four at most. Possibly less. Rey Mysterio, Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, and I think that's it. Roman Reigns when he comes back. It isn't a flash in the pan thing either, they need to do it before it's too late.

Jeff Hardy, maybe.  And I'm not even sure I'd have Balor there. 

There's also the merchandising.  New Day has a ton of it, so it would make sense to push them.  Last time I went into FYE, like half their WWE stuff was of New Day.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2019, 01:26:37 AM »
Beyond just Kofi, I think in general, fans are just desperate to see something different and unexpected.  Kofi being World Champion would have been unheard of a week ago.  Everything today is so rigid and planned and you can see it coming weeks or months in advance.  Nothing comes natural or happens in the moment anymore.

Offline Super Leather

• CXF Writer
    • Rock 'n' Wrestling
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2019, 01:27:31 AM »
I think Kofi should have won, kicking off a Bryan vs. New Day angle that could have elevated all three team members to Smackdown main event level, carrying through to WrestleMania with D-Bry regaining in despicable fashion. Gonna guess that the WWE braintrust shoehorned Kofi into the Mustafa Ali role without anticipating that his inclusion would get over as big as it did - this shows how little they appreciate the New Day as a legit money draw and how inflexible they are with their booking plans.
https://letterboxd.com/Jake6669/

Find my Rock 'n' Wrestling column via this magazine: http://goblinkomegamall.com/collections/pork-magazine
PORK #29 now available! This issue's column is a tribute to Bruno Sammartino. PM me if you would like a copy in exchange for postage cost!

Offline Epic for the Summer

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2019, 02:12:54 AM »
So the Lacey Evans segment was just her coming out and then going right back to the locker room, right? When I was watching it, I thought the stream jumped ahead and thought I missed something but apparently that's all it was? LOL.

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2019, 08:14:16 AM »
So the Lacey Evans segment was just her coming out and then going right back to the locker room, right? When I was watching it, I thought the stream jumped ahead and thought I missed something but apparently that's all it was? LOL.
Yep, that was it.

It looked like she entered a room looking for her car keys before realizing she hadn't even been in that room before she lost them

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2019, 09:38:12 AM »
I read a rumor that they had a problem with the Chamber and that was their stall move.  I feel even if they wanted to specifically use Lacey they could’ve thrown together forty more things that would’ve made more sense.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2019, 11:08:43 AM »
Yep, that was it.

It looked like she entered a room looking for her car keys before realizing she hadn't even been in that room before she lost them

So, her gimmick is going to be a SIM in real life where the person controlling her cancels her actions? That might work for her.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2019, 11:30:45 AM »
that match was good but corbin shouldnt be working these rlong matches in the same spot every week (it feels like). He's not that over and it doesn't help the ratings.

edit: oops wrong thread