Author Topic: TWIW 2/18 - 2/24: NXT invades Raw  (Read 2260 times)

Description:

Offline Sabre

Re: TWIW 2/18 - 2/24: NXT invades Raw
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2019, 10:31:23 AM »
He’s going to wrestlemania

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2019, 10:52:59 AM »
It could be good or bad tbh. I'm sure if he was going to announce that he was dying that he would do an appearance to do so.

Obviously I hope not but I think someone needed to point that out.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2019, 11:00:45 AM »
If he was dying I think he'd do one but I think there would have been more signs leading into it, whereas everything has been really positive. I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't think he's going to say I'M BACK but at most maybe he'll be in Seth's corner at Mania or something is the best case.

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2019, 11:06:19 AM »
Leukemia Patient Roman reigns on a Pole Match at Mania.
Oh Dandy...you came and you gave without taking!

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2019, 12:08:07 PM »
I feel like the worst news he could be giving is just that his in-ring career is done no matter what. Like CWM said, I feel like there would be more signs of something really awful being announced.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 5 HAS BEGUN!

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2019, 12:50:59 PM »
Keep him off until he gets his Warrior Award.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2019, 02:18:08 PM »
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2019, 02:22:11 PM »
Well Roman's announcement must be something because he's got another appearance on Tuesday

[img width=800

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2019, 04:03:25 PM »
I was about to post "I doubt he'd deliver REALLY bad news on Raw, seems like more of a morning show thing..." Yikes. But still if he's in the clear that would be morning show worthy too!

Online KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2019, 04:05:50 PM »
I can buy WWE using bad news to pop a rating because carnies.  I can't buy GMA gleefully doing the same in a tweet.

• Admin
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2019, 06:05:00 PM »
http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/arn-anderson-let-go-wwe/#.XG-tAehKiUl

Looks like the road agents responsible for the shows being bad are getting fired.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline strummer

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2019, 06:22:42 PM »
Four days before Flair's birthday stuff as well.  Yeah lotta shit going on backstage

Offline Two-Time Hall of Famer

• Kreese
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2019, 07:29:37 PM »
They had to punish someone for doing Starrcast, and Arn was the lowest on the food chain. I'd say AEW should pick him up but I don't want him giving any of their women the Tylene Buck treatment.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2019, 02:07:25 AM »
I've also seen floating around: Charlotte is dating Andrade and Vince sees Lacey Evans as the female Roman Reigns and is in line for a similar push.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2019, 04:32:39 AM »
I've heard that Lacey thing but where Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose were going to get the Roman push in the past so it sort of feels like guessing tbh.

As far as Arn, I doubt he got fired because he did Starrcast. He did the first one and I'm sure had permission, he isn't even announced from what I've seen for the second one yet. WWE just signed like 5 new road agents and Arn has been there since the end of WCW.

Offline Epic by Faith No More

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2019, 06:46:31 AM »
TJP was released.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2019, 06:49:53 AM »
TJP has seemed unhappy for some time.  Tye and Hideo were also made official today.  None were wished best of luck in their future endeavors.
[img width=800

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2019, 07:18:30 AM »
Don't care about the ex-WWE stigma. Would legit love TJP in AEW against Sammy Guevara.

Offline strummer

« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2019, 09:35:52 AM »
Lana was also supposed to get the "Roman Reigns" push as well

• Admin
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2019, 09:38:19 AM »
So was Braun. Bobby Lashley was supposed to get pushed harder than this too. People need to realize that Vince is extremely fickle and prone to changing his mind at any moment. The only way someone will actually get a Roman Reigns push is if their work in the ring is good enough to impress Vince.

Offline Next Big Comedy Star

• brock lock
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2019, 09:56:29 AM »
And even in the Roman Reigns push, it took Vince like four years to fully commit to Roman beating Brock for the belt.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2019, 10:47:16 AM »
Don't care about the ex-WWE stigma. Would legit love TJP in AEW against Sammy Guevara.

I'd love to see him go to NJPW is fill out the Junior division. He'd be great for them.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2019, 11:17:34 AM »
TJP, Tye, and Itami are exactly the kind of guys they should be releasing right now. Under/never-used guys who while they might be solid workers aren't likely to ever set the world on fire.

Online KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2019, 11:27:33 AM »
Itami just never seemed to be a good fit for WWE.  The injuries then torpedoed whatever career he might have had. 

These next 12 months will be very interesting for those whose contracts are coming up. 

Offline Sabre

« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2019, 11:53:27 AM »
The perfomance center is great from a business standpoint in regards to the future, the downside is there are WAY too many people on the rosters now.  when was the last time there was a mass post mania cull of unused talent?

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2019, 06:17:18 PM »
He’s going to wrestlemania

Spoiler: show
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/02/roman-reigns-trainer-claims-that-he-been-preparing-for-an-651259/

One of the personal trainers Roman Reigns worked with while staying in Waikiki took to Instagram to recount a recent time when Reigns was training at their facility. In the post, personal trainer Dave Gonyea claimed that the facility was helping Reigns prepare for his "in-ring return".

Accompanied by a photo of him and Reigns, Gonyea wrote the caption, "Had the absolute honor and privilege of having Roman Reigns train at Island Club and Spa during his stay in Waikiki! It was very humbling for an athlete of his caliber to not only train here but also speak so very highly of our facility. Glad we provided a great space to help him prepare for his in-ring return!"

Someone commented on the post, asking, "In-ring return?" To which Gonyea replied, "Tune in to raw on Monday night."

As attention began to grow on the post, Gonyea would later add a comment that reads, "Nah man he's still recovering. He won't be in action for another few months... keep in mind what leukemia is... and that he has been in remission this was a flair up that he needed treatment for. I was working out with him and he was definitely moving slow. It's the PG era they aren't working cancer."

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2019, 09:45:52 PM »
Four days before Flair's birthday stuff as well.  Yeah lotta shit going on backstage

Offline muzzington

« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2019, 09:55:17 PM »
Triple H was there!?

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2019, 12:53:40 AM »
I can’t recall Slaughter being one for tall tales but a lot of this sound exaggerated to me

Sgt. Slaughter was a recent guest on the Notsam Wrestling podcast where the WWE Hall of Famer revealed that he was originally slated to be Hulk Hogan’s WrestleMania I opponent, “I went for six years with G.I. Joe and left the WWE. For the first WrestleMania I wasn’t there and I believe it was supposed to be Hogan and I in the main event for WrestleMania I.” Hogan instead teamed up with Mr. T in a victorious effort against Paul ‘Mr. Wonderful’ Orndorff and ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper.

Slaughter’s G.I. Joe deal led to a falling out with WWE CEO Vince McMahon, “I made this deal with Hasbro and I thought that Vince would be happy about it, but he wasn’t. He said, ‘I just signed with LJN and that’s a conflict of interest.”

The move caused Sgt. Slaughter to miss the first six WrestleManias, but the former WWE Champion has no regrets, “Being the great leader he is, he figured I’d say, ‘Let’s go to WrestleMania,’ but I said, ‘You can only be a G.I. Joe once in your life, as far as a real live GI Joe cartoon.’ Out of all the G.I. Joe cartoons and action figures, I was the first living one. That was a big deal. It is today. I declined. I said, ‘I’m going,’ and he wasn’t too happy about that. I don’t regret it. I missed being in those first six WrestleManias, but in the long run I’m glad I did it.”

Slaughter’s decision put serious strain on his relationship with McMahon, “We never spoke to each other. I didn’t even watch WWE. I worked for a couple of independents….I was actually making more money in the independents than in the WWE. I was all over the place, in Japan, and we were promoting G.I. Joe.”

Slaughter finally reached out to Vince McMahon after WrestleMania VI and then opportunity came calling,“‘Sarge? It’s Vince.’ There’s only one Vince. I sent him a little handwritten note about WrestleMania VI. I wasn’t crazy about the match between Hogan and Warrior, The Ultimate Puke and Pukamania, but I said, ‘The production is unbelievable, the cameras.’ Vince said, ‘I got your note. I appreciate that. I never got that type of thing. It’s usually, ‘That was a great match, great show, but I never heard about the production end of it.’ He says, ‘I hear your contract is up with G.I. Joe and Hasbro?’ I said, ‘Funny you should know that.’ He said, ‘Are you ready to go back to work?’ I said, ‘Yeah, I am.’ He said, ‘Come over to my house tomorrow morning. I have an idea for you.’”

McMahon’s idea was to turn the all-American hero into an Iraqi sympathizer, “I said, ‘That’s great. How are you going to make Hogan a villain?’ He said, ‘Hogan? No, I’m not making Hogan a villain. I’m gonna make you a villain.’”

Slaughter was ‘flabbergasted’ by McMahon’s suggestion, but ultimately went with the idea and was all in as an anti-American turncoat during the height of the Gulf War. The move inevitably led to a WWE Championship run for Slaughter and a WrestleMania VII main event match against Hulk Hogan.

(Transcription Credit: Michael McClead, WrestleZone)
[img width=800

Online Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2019, 01:54:58 AM »
Most of that sounds pretty accurate to me, actually. His deal with Vince did go sour because of the Hasbro/LJN issue, he undoubtedly made a ton of money because of Hasbro alone (in addition to being able to pull extra from other promoters because of it), and he came back not long after WM6. The production stuff and WM1 main I'm not sure about, sure, but Slaughter was a big deal in the WWF before Hogan and he did have a backstage role for a very long time after 1992/1993, sooooo...

If anything? Hogan/Slaughter was probably an idea thought out a little before Cyndi Lauper and Mr. T came along.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2019, 03:04:02 AM »
Slaughter thinking Hogan was going to turn heel.  ::)

In this timeline ROH is largest wrestling company in the US because WWF and WCW folded.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2019, 03:10:33 AM »
I feel like he could potentially be mixing up main eventing Mania with getting the Iron Sheik's spot and dropping it to Hogan. That would make much more sense to me.

Offline Epic by Faith No More

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2019, 03:25:35 AM »
I'm curious, how did Slaughter turn face again after the Hogan WM match?

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2019, 03:33:39 AM »
He did some vignettes about loving America or whatever and then he saved Jim Duggan from a Nasty Boys beatdown, according to Wikipedia.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 5 HAS BEGUN!

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline strummer

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2019, 04:49:24 AM »
WWE rehired Bruce Prichard!?!?

PWI

What the fuck.  Getting back at Conrad for booking Taker?

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2019, 04:56:30 AM »
Cornette has been reviewing Raws lately putting over the talent and burying the creative team.  Clearly Vince big plan is to get the old gang back together!

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2019, 06:28:47 AM »
WWE rehired Bruce Prichard!?!?

PWI

What the fuck.  Getting back at Conrad for booking Taker?

RAW to be saved by a 60 year old yes man who admitted he saw nothing in Finn Balor and defends HHH.

Offline Former Faithless Fool

• KOAB
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2019, 06:54:54 AM »
Kinda disturbing how the creative and road agents/producers are starting to look like the guys who were in positions when it became obvious TNA/IMPACT had no future.

:-\

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2019, 07:18:32 AM »
Cesaro vs Gargano announced for Smackdown this week.  Hope they get at least 20 minutes.
[img width=800

Offline geniusMoment

• Trailer Park Supervisor
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2019, 07:44:31 AM »
Wow.  Not just rehired, but from what I read he's leading the creative team and is now the 2nd most powerful person in the company.
Randy!

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2019, 08:12:36 AM »
lmao

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2019, 08:17:50 AM »
Now Conrad can start a podcast with The Undertaker.

Tell me what it was like to throw Mankind off the Cell.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2019, 09:12:18 AM »

Offline Two-Time Hall of Famer

• Kreese
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2019, 10:17:04 AM »
Invalid Tweet ID

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2019, 11:17:58 AM »
Wow.  Not just rehired, but from what I read he's leading the creative team and is now the 2nd most powerful person in the company.

The idea anyone other than a member of the family is the second most powerful person in the company is clearly ridiculous. It sounds like something Prichard himself would leak after getting rehired. I'm sure he'll be very influential with Vince but there's no way Steph and Hunter will be less powerful than him.

Online Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2019, 01:26:27 PM »

The idea anyone other than a member of the family is the second most powerful person in the company is clearly ridiculous. It sounds like something Prichard himself would leak after getting rehired. I'm sure he'll be very influential with Vince but there's no way Steph and Hunter will be less powerful than him.

I'd be surprised if Dunn is too.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2019, 08:54:28 PM »
Invalid Tweet ID

Conrad apparently buried Bruce hard at their St Louis show Saturday.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2019, 09:36:56 PM »
Meltz says Arn and Vince have butted heads for a long time and a recent incident at a house show was the last straw.

Arn was very popular as an agent, and wouldn't defend the WWE's bad booking if a talent argued with him about what they were to do.

Online Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2019, 01:50:22 AM »
Invalid Tweet ID

Conrad apparently buried Bruce hard at their St Louis show Saturday.
Good. Prichard, from most accounts, is a sniveling little kiss-ass and his podcast was shit.