Author Topic: TWIW 3/4-3-10: An Animal & A Big Dawg on The Fastlane  (Read 1688 times)

Description:

Offline strummer

Re: TWIW 3/4-3-10: An Animal & A Big Dawg on The Fastlane
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2019, 04:34:49 AM »
according to PWI Jeff Jarrett has joined the WWE creative team

Offline Next Big Comedy Star

• brock lock
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2019, 04:45:46 AM »
Surprise opponents against The Revival at Wrestlemania

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2019, 09:38:48 AM »
Next year's Mania is in Tampa.  Please give Kairi an entrance with that pirate ship.  Even WWE can't fuck that up.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2019, 01:53:09 PM »
That's an awesome feature and I don't doubt that somebody outside the company is going to gain a following just by riffing on the show.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2019, 02:49:23 AM »
https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/03/08/fox-encouraging-wwe-to-produce-edgier-content-stop-giving-into-pc-culture/?fbclid=IwAR1nXQNAwZygtumM-jAnj8KOJmtOvIgJeBC98wpMQD7SngPAsrn2z3sD8Y8

FOX wants an edgier product.  So many little and big things need to change that a few more cuss words and breasts flopping won't save the ratings decline.

Offline Tino Standard

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2019, 04:41:36 AM »
Interesting that Fox is already talking about shuffling SmackDown to a different night. If it’s not a jump back to Tuesday, I don’t see a night that makes sense logistically for both sides. And if it IS Tuesday, that opens up a whole other aspect to the discussion, considering that was the night rumored for AEW.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2019, 09:24:40 AM »
Rumors circulating that Gallows & Anderson will be leaving when their contracts expire this year.  It seems like Karl shot that down last time but new reports are they were taken off of live events when their negotiations fell through.  Can’t blame them for wanting to work and would probably be higher on the card anywhere else.  I also did not do any fact checking anywhere just reporting something I just read to open discussion.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2019, 10:02:18 AM »
They'd be much better off back in New Japan or AEW.  It's amazing how little WWE has utilized them

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2019, 10:26:20 AM »
The Jericho connections for them to go to AEW are clearly obvious that if negotiations continue to go nowhere with WWE that would be their destination.   There was speculation Gallows would be interested in an agent job but he can fulfill that role with AEW as well. 

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2019, 11:07:22 AM »
Fox and WWE has been saying since the start that Friday was not the long term plan so that isn't anything new or significant.

Gallows and Anderson did nothing in WWE to be impressive aside from the online skits parodying old school wrestling that everyone liked and bombed on live tv the time they tried it. They've never really had any impressive matches or anything. Anderson is someone I liked a lot in NJPW but aside from a few funny moments (Hot Asian Wife) even he hasn't done anything. I don't think WWE has really wasted Gallows at all. Anderson maybe a little. Neither of them would be a real loss.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2019, 12:00:18 PM »

[img width=800

Offline Super Leather

• CXF Writer
    • Rock 'n' Wrestling
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2019, 10:36:24 AM »
Tonight I will be seeing Tajiri and Super Crazy renew their rivalry, as well as Ultimo Dragon and Jun Akiyama among others. I believe this all takes place in a high school gymnasium for an indie promotion called Pro Wrestling Revolution. Stoked!
Find my Rock 'n' Wrestling column via this magazine: http://goblinkomegamall.com/collections/pork-magazine
PORK #29 now available! This issue's column is a tribute to Bruno Sammartino. PM me if you would like a copy in exchange for postage cost!

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2019, 11:22:56 AM »
Oh man that's fantastic. Have a great time man. Super jealous you get to see Akiyama especially.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2019, 11:26:58 AM »
https://www.f4wonline.com/japan/wally-yamaguchi-passes-away-60-years-old-278891

WHO IS KILLING ALL THE WRESTLERS?! Yamaguchi as is mentioned in Dave's writeup contributed a lot to the puro scene and deserves to be remembered for more than the Val Venis segment as great as it was.

Online Epic by Faith No More

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2019, 12:00:38 PM »
It sucks that American fans only remember him for "choppy choppy pee pee". RIP.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2019, 12:15:47 PM »
I was assuming he worked as a face given he fought Mojo but it sounds like he was also wearing a t-shirt of a local high school as he is from the area.

Reuniting the Bludgeon Brothers seemed odd at the time, as even though they weren't using either, the tag division was bloated but they let them go over the whole tag division.  The breakup seems super sudden with how strong they booked them but I guess they realized they got other teams on the roster to do the same gimmick.

Just wonder what they do with Harper because he is the more talented of the two but I can't see him getting a better spot than Rowan got.  Unless he gets brought into the Recycle Clan.
[img width=800

Offline Super Leather

• CXF Writer
    • Rock 'n' Wrestling
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2019, 07:07:02 PM »
Seeing Jun Akiyama was quite a treat, although I wish he was in a singles bout against someone closer to his caliber. He and Ultimo Dragon teamed with El Misterioso against Vincenzo Massaro and the Border Patrol in the main event. Ultimo Dragon has barely lost a step. Akiyama gave me a solid high five and that makes him all right in my book. Tajiri and Super Crazy showed their age. Got a front row seat on a discount and had a great time.
Find my Rock 'n' Wrestling column via this magazine: http://goblinkomegamall.com/collections/pork-magazine
PORK #29 now available! This issue's column is a tribute to Bruno Sammartino. PM me if you would like a copy in exchange for postage cost!

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2019, 04:46:03 AM »
WWE's neat little show, Photo Shoot, is premiering its new season after Fast Lane with AJ Styles. Really enjoyed the Godfather and Scott Hall episodes.