Author Topic: AWA In Your Space!  (Read 223 times)

Description: Goddamn right this needs it's own thread

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
AWA In Your Space!
« on: March 08, 2019, 09:44:17 AM »
Ok, so......

Apparently the AWA did a show at some sort of Kellogg's corporate event (?) and had matches featuring the heroes of Kellogg's facing off against the dastardly villains from General Mills.  And some intern at WWE found it so they added it to the Hidden Gems section.  I just saw a guy billed as Total the Terrible strut out to boos and showered crowd with Total cereal.

Oh my god.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
Re: AWA In Your Space!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 09:52:09 AM »
THE LEADER OF THE GENERAL MILLS TEAM IS NAMED THE GERERAL (played by Col. DeBeers) AND HE JUST DROPPED AN ELBOW ON A BOX OF CORN FLAKES

I'M SEVEN AND A HALF MINUTES IN AND MY $10 IS JUSTIFIED

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 09:58:37 AM »
The Kellogg's VP of sales (?) is cutting a promo on General Mills and they're in ENEMY TERRITORY BROTHER!  Yeah, FUCK HONEY NUT CHEERIOS!

I am enraptured by what I'm looking at right now.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 10:07:20 AM »
Now the wrestling begins and all the fun dies.  Kinda sums up late-stage AWA, huh?

Wait, now the VP of Marketing is outlining their "war plan" and talking about all the corporate espionage they've done at General Mills.  The plan?  Put out products that sound like their competitors' because people are stupid.  That's kinda it.

Oh, and BETTER COUPONS!  YEAH!

And he just threw the middle finger at the AWA by saying Kellogg's past campaigns have been as predictable as "the outcomes of these joke wrestling matches".  At least he wasn't in the fucking ring as he said it.

STOP TALKING ABOUT THRUSTING AND PENETRATING THINGS, TOO.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 10:24:13 AM »
I can't tell if going from Hondo the Honeybee to one of the Beverley Brothers was a step up or down for Wayne Bloom.  A lateral step, maybe?

At least he knows what bullshit this is so his match is roughly 80% headlock.  He uses his box of Cheerios on his opponent (Mr. Oat-portunity?  Really?) but its NO SOLD, BROTHER and wow the Kellogg's guy wins again.  Shocking.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 10:38:21 AM »
Match three is The General vs. Dr. K (Wahoo McDaniels) in The Brawl Near St. Paul (a rematch of The Joust on the Outskirts of Joilet perhaps?).  It's a late 80s/early 90s AWA match between Col. DeBeers and Wahoo, what can I say?  DeBeers at least hides a gimmick in his cereal box to hit Wahoo with when the ref is bumped, showing that SOMEBODY cares about his job here.

It looks bad for Dr. K, but here's SALES AND MARKETING (Tom Zenk and Greg Gagne because OF COURSE) FOR THE SAVE FOR CORPORATE GLORY AND SYNERGY!

MORE CORPORATE RAH RAH!

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 10:57:40 AM »
In the main event, Sales and Marketing (constantly called the S & M team so now I can't stop picturing Greg Gagne with a ball gag and I want to kill myself) beats The Mills Bros. (Pat Tanaka and Paul Diamond) and they ruin everything by actually trying and having an OK match.

This is what the Network is for.  I'd work for WWE combing through all the footage they own if I can unearth insanely bizarre shit like this. I just want to know who at Kellogg's pitched this and how cheap it was to get the AWA.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 06:39:54 PM »
Announcing the S & M Connection (with my mind going THERE of course) and having Greg Gagne and Tom Zenk excitedly bounce out was fantastic.

Wahoo, on the verge of quitting to go work as a WCW agent, jumped right into this BS with a sheepish smile.

I only watched maybe 10 mins of this, but I feel a warm glow.