Author Topic: Money In The Bank 2019: The PPV No One Watched  (Read 934 times)

Description: Ladders are coming...

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
Re: Money In The Bank 2019: The PPV No One Watched
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2019, 01:19:04 AM »
My guess is the title is literally going to be called The Wild Card Championship using the basis of the 24/7 gimmick.

Offline Tino Standard

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2019, 01:21:34 AM »
So, does Brock kill Kofi on the first Smackdown on Fox, or do they not even bother waiting that long?

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2019, 01:22:58 AM »
So, does Brock kill Kofi on the first Smackdown on Fox, or do they not even bother waiting that long?

Lesnar and Rollins is booked for the Saudi show, I think that's the long and short of this move.

Online Next Big Comedy Star

• brock lock
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2019, 01:39:31 AM »
Brock beats Rollins at SSD, then cashes in on Kofi the same night. Brocky 2 Belts. Works 4 shows the rest of the year.

Offline Yang Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2019, 01:39:45 AM »
I'm guessing Lesnar beats Rollins in Saudi Arabia then cashes the briefcase in on Kofi around the time the Fox show starts to become Undisputed Champ.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2019, 03:08:41 AM »
I'm guessing Lesnar beats Rollins in Saudi Arabia then cashes the briefcase in on Kofi around the time the Fox show starts to become Undisputed Champ.

Sadly that seems possible if they aren't planning on just having Lesnar casually cash in and challenge Rollins with it for SS in Saudi.

And if that is the plan, then I will laugh as WWE tries to make the guy they wanted all of us to not want in the company due to their manipulation of the truth attemping to be the top star of both brands in a desperation tactic. They have done too much damage to Lesnar's brand, particularly by the build of the Roman feud last year, that its going to turn more people off the product than otherwise.

Besides that, it's tremendously counterproductive to the idea of elevation of talent as a whole.

And I can see a lot of fallout from talent involved in that MITB match last night if it was true that none of them were clued into the Lesnar finish ahead of time. Orton already probably wants out, and this will might guarantee he's leaving. I could see him being pissed about it if that is what went down.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2019, 04:12:32 AM »

Brock isnt carrying two belts.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2019, 06:40:44 AM »
Two belt Brock?  I aint even mad.  I honestly expect it of Vince at this point.

Offline Tino Standard

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2019, 07:39:18 AM »
It’s kinda wild that Brock has become Vince’s security blanket at this point considering that when he  came back in 2012 (has it really been that long?), they jobbed him in his first match because they weren’t even sure there would be a second.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2019, 07:40:43 AM »
Glancing at the results, I'm extremely disappointed that Kane didn't make a surprise appearance last night.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2019, 05:25:14 AM »

You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2019, 06:56:56 AM »
I watched it after the fact with no spoilers.  It wasn't a bad show per se, but the WWE's production really bothered me here, and it's not something I usually complain about.  There were so many camera cuts in the main event, that even though I was enjoying the match that I was able to see, I had to fucking pause it and revisit it hours later.  I couldn't take it, it was giving me a headache.  Also, way way too many video packages, which is why I can't watch this shit live unless it's WM or Rumble, and even then it's a chore

Why the fuck is Tony Nese on PPV defending the 205 title, and where the fuck is Buddy Murphy!?!!  That title was the pre-show match forever and NOW they put it on PPV with a dude who's boring as fuck?  Give it back to THE Brian Kendrick

Women's ladder match had a great finish, but I was scared watching it a lot of the time.  A lot of rough bumps and sloppy ladder spots.  Haven't heard anything about any of the girls being too banged up, so that's good.

Had a hard time getting into Kofi-KO for some reason.  One, the storyline here is pretty f'n preposterous and makes Kofi and Xavier look like idiots.  Two, I was looking forward to him as a babyface for the first time I think ever in WWE, and I'm bored with the same ol same ol KO.  Thought Kofi looked great in this match tho, I think he's really growing into his role as champion, the crowds love him, they need to keep running with this.  I mean, he'll probably get murdered by Lesnar at SummerSlam, but that's still a good run.

I liked AJ-Seth ok, another match where I thought AJ far outshined Seth performance wise, and I don't really dig Seth being champ, so whatever.  Problem is they've made the top heels geeks.  I had high hopes for Drew Mac, but even with a sure thing they manage to fuck it up.  He's not a total geek yet, but he's getting close, far from the killer he was when he came back. 

I barely even remember what else was on the show.  Oh, I liked the back to back Becky matches and the cash in by Bayley.  That was fun.  I know some people wanted her to keep both belts longer, but this was a good way to get one off of her.