Author Topic: Hulk Hogan has lost his mind  (Read 28374 times)

Description:

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
  • 2016/17 Poster of the Year
Re: Hulk Hogan has lost his mind
« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2016, 03:28:28 AM »
Death and Taxes Magazine has obtained a 90-second clip of Hulk Hogan’s racist rant which got him into a lot of trouble last year. The clip is low quality and features portions that are redacted, but Hogan can be heard dropping the n-word several times. You can hear the clip and read a transcript below. The rant happened in one of the two Hogan/Heather Clem sex tapes that weren’t sent to Gawker.

https://soundcloud.com/death-and-taxes/hulk-hogan-n-word-rant

Hogan: I’m getting ready to cut some serious bait. [Inaudible] Brooke — my daughter, Brooke — [redacted], she jumped sides on me.

Heather Clem: Mmm-hmm.

Hogan: ‘Cause I shelled out two, three million bucks for her music, and [inaudible] I’ve done everything. fukking with him day and night on the radio like a jackass, and he’s working with me to make…make work [inaudible] when [inaudible] really should call it a day and do the shyt I did.

[Eight-second redaction]

Hogan: The son, he’s [inaudible] this black billionaire guy, Cecile. He basically did more for her in a year than anybody’s done. [Inaudible], he had one song, and after 10 months it should go to [inaudible] and [inaudible] and [inaudible]. [Inaudible sentence]. I try to be the realist, and ‘This is your option: You got a better option. [Redacted] said you can sign with [redacted].’ He’s gonna put 500 million behind [inaudible]. Right now there’s nothing else. We’re doing the best we can.

Clem: Right.

Hogan: So it gets to the point where…I dunno if Brooke was fukking the black guy’s son, or they’ve been hanging out. I caught them holding hands together on the tour. They were getting close to kind of [inaudible] the fukking [inaudible]. I’m not a double standard type of guy. I’m a racist to a point, y’know, fukking ******s, but then, when it comes to nice people and [redacted]

Clem: We all are that way.

Hogan: Yeah, cool, when it comes to nice people, you gotta…you can’t, you can’t say the…

[Two-second redaction]

Hogan: I don’t give a fukk if she [inaudible] [an eight foot tall?] basketball player.

Clem: [laughs]

Hogan: If we’re gonna fukk with ******s, let’s get a rich one!

Clem: [laughs]

Hogan: I don’t care if he’s a multi-billionaire. The thing is, now that you start doing these nasty emails…so somewhere, [inaudible] relationship, and now [inaudible] doesn’t want to talk to anybody, nanananana.”

HEY, TRTSM:

Quote from: Cowboy Numbers
same with cwm
he's a stay at home dad with no education
what's he gonna teach his kids? how to be a loser?

Offline Jingus

« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2016, 04:31:04 AM »
How fucking stupid is "Death and Taxes magazine" to announce this so proudly?  Gawker just lost their huge lawsuit for doing this exact thing

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #202 on: May 12, 2016, 08:49:02 AM »
Hulk is making an appearance at a sports expo in Pennsylvania and charging  $99 for photo ops.  After just winning $100+ million from Gawker, he's being hilariously ripped to shreds on social media.

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #203 on: May 12, 2016, 08:54:09 AM »
Wrestling fans are cheap pricks.

My best friend just paid $105 + fees & taxes to get a picture with Stan Lee. Shatner was charging $160.
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #204 on: May 12, 2016, 09:00:43 AM »
Hogan has not actually "won" or been paid anything from the lawsuit.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Just Call Me Dan

« Reply #205 on: May 12, 2016, 09:02:11 AM »
I'd pay half that.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2016, 10:12:03 AM »
As much crap as TNA gets, I met Hogan when I went to their Bound for Glory FanFest in 2012.  I paid extra for the package that included one Hogan autograph and picture.  Think it may have been $125 vs. the $75 for normal, something like that.

Well worth it.  I know I talked about it here and later posted the thing on CXF but when I told Hulk I couldn't decide between getting my trading card signed or his HULK RULES album, he not only signed both for me but also gave me the 8x10s they had out for people without their own items.  He was super chill.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #207 on: May 12, 2016, 10:50:17 AM »
As crazy as Hulk is, he tends to treat his fans really well. A friend of mine is a huge Hulk fan and finally met him a year ago and said he was such a great guy. Just talking with the fans, treating them well. Many times its the company that the person works for that sets the price.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Online Wrestlemania/Limp Bizkit WINNER

• Kreese
« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2016, 04:47:57 AM »

Dammit Yahoo! don't toy with me like that

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2016, 05:11:35 AM »
As crazy as Hulk is, he tends to treat his fans really well. A friend of mine is a huge Hulk fan and finally met him a year ago and said he was such a great guy. Just talking with the fans, treating them well. Many times its the company that the person works for that sets the price.

My friend met him at the Beach Shop and he took a picture with him, did a video and even offered to record his missed call message.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2016, 01:27:59 AM »
So, yeah... Apparently, that lawsuit by Hulk Hogan against Gawker had a backer or suggestor in Peter Thiel.

You may know the guy due to his hedge fund Clarium Captial which lost a lot of people money (except him). Maybe from his right wing politics. Perhaps not. Needless to say, he's the one who basically pushed this forward. Oh and while I linked to Gawker itself, Forbes and New York Times are the ones who actually found this out.

Also, Gawker did manage to get the necessary funds to pay for the lawsuit, but that was by selling stuff (I'd assume shares) to a Russian Oligarc. Which in turn for them, makes the news that a billionaire is fucking around with them (several more, different, lawsuits by Hulk's lawyer coming) is just the best (or rather worst) part.

Just when you think things can't get stranger, low and behold, it does.

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
« Reply #211 on: May 26, 2016, 01:29:30 AM »
Thiel also supports Trump, who has openly endorsed the idea of suing media outlets for negative coverage, and is doing it because Gawker outed him in 2007 (which is legal) and he's been harboring a grudge ever since. He's also said that his real goal is to just keep funding lawsuits like this until Gawker drowns in legal fees. He doesn't even care about the outcomes. The whole thing is like The Count of Monte Cristo, except extremely stupid.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #212 on: June 10, 2016, 04:54:07 AM »
Gawker Media, under pressure from a $140 million legal judgment in an invasion-of-privacy lawsuit by the former wrestler Hulk Hogan, is putting itself up for sale, according to a person briefed on the plan. The company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Friday after a judge overseeing the suit against the company entered the full judgment and denied Gawker’s request for a stay under terms the company could meet.

The company is beginning an auction, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the auction has not been announced. Ziff Davis, a digital media company, has submitted an opening bid of $90 million to $100 million, the person said.

Offline The King of Trash

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #213 on: June 10, 2016, 06:39:30 AM »
I AM A REAL AMERICAN FIGHT FOR THE RIGHTS OF EVERY MAN

WOOOOOO
U S A
U S A
U S A

• Admin
« Reply #214 on: June 10, 2016, 06:58:54 AM »
Gawker will/should win the appeal, but obviously the 50 million cash bond was a problem. Sucks for them.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

• Admin
« Reply #215 on: June 10, 2016, 06:59:34 AM »

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #216 on: June 10, 2016, 07:25:18 AM »
KOAC!

Online New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #217 on: June 10, 2016, 07:37:53 AM »
Gawker will/should win the appeal, but obviously the 50 million cash bond was a problem. Sucks for them.

Didn't they already lose the appeal?

Anyway Ziff-Davis bought them already.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #218 on: June 10, 2016, 07:46:10 AM »
It's hard to win an appeal when many remember the moronic owner who has never dealt with real consequences in their life before horrifying the judge and jury with pedophile jokes and his lawyer invoking the Holocaust.

• Admin
« Reply #219 on: June 10, 2016, 10:12:45 AM »

Didn't they already lose the appeal?

Anyway Ziff-Davis bought them already.

No and they have to put up 50 million to appeal.

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
« Reply #220 on: June 10, 2016, 10:28:14 AM »
It's hard to win an appeal when many remember the moronic owner who has never dealt with real consequences in their life before horrifying the judge and jury with pedophile jokes and his lawyer invoking the Holocaust.

AJ Daulerio was the one who made the pedophile jokes and he hasn't worked there in like five years. In any case, this sets a terrible precedent since it'll probably embolden other shitbag billionaires to use the courts to punish/bankrupt media outlets they don't like.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #221 on: June 10, 2016, 01:40:38 PM »
Florida specifically has a clause in this to make the people have to pay some or all the money even while it is being appealed (which it still is). What they lost was a stay on having to pay the 50 million, which in turn is why they went into Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

I bet Hogan spends that 50 million or claim it is lost so that he doesn't have to pay it back when the appeal is won.

Offline Jingus

« Reply #222 on: June 11, 2016, 03:00:59 AM »
In any case, this sets a terrible precedent since it'll probably embolden other shitbag billionaires to use the courts to punish/bankrupt media outlets they don't like.
I dunno, man, this case seems entirely justified to me.  I'm not entirely sure that Gawker even counts as a "legitimate" journalistic outlet.  They flagrantly broke the law, bragged about refusing to obey the rules.  I can't blame Thiel for his grudge, even today it's still a pretty hurtful thing to publicly out someone's homosexuality.  What legitimate defense is there for Gawker's actions here? 

Offline BorneAgain

• One Cocky Cracka
« Reply #223 on: June 11, 2016, 03:09:35 AM »
Gawker just really chose the wrong hill to die on. I think the years of outrageous headlines and "scoops" of varying dubious veracity gave them a rather unwarranted sense of invincibility and there were probably enough staffers that figured a sleazy sex tape involving a pro wrestler was entirely par the course. Hogan had them dead to rights the moment they didn't take the tape down, because when you're an already loathed website refusing an order from a judge, you need the best possible legal and PR defense possible, and they were never going to have either.

The most telling epitaph for them is that most laments about their bankruptcy are more about the precedent it sets rather than any value Gawker itself has as a journalistic entity.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #224 on: June 11, 2016, 08:31:40 AM »
Gawker was the worst. Good riddance.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2016, 11:40:14 AM »
The most telling epitaph for them is that most laments about their bankruptcy are more about the precedent it sets rather than any value Gawker itself has as a journalistic entity.

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
  • 2016/17 Poster of the Year
« Reply #226 on: June 12, 2016, 03:26:12 PM »
Hulkamania puts another company in the red, brother.  8)

Although this was well deserved.

HEY, TRTSM:

Quote from: Cowboy Numbers
same with cwm
he's a stay at home dad with no education
what's he gonna teach his kids? how to be a loser?

Offline A Happy Medium

• CXF Writer
« Reply #227 on: June 12, 2016, 03:37:11 PM »
I'll follow Drew Magary, though.  I enjoy his writing and general Simmons qualities without the fanfare. 

Oh...and, enjoy that image while it lasts.  ....WHEN IT COMES CRASHIN' DOWN AND IT HURTS INSIDE!

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #228 on: August 18, 2016, 09:16:05 AM »
http://www.gerweck.net/2016/08/18/hogan-drops-another-leg-drop-on-gawker/

Hulk Hogan’s legal war with Gawker Media has resulted in founder Nick Denton auctioning off his company last week which was purchased by Univision Communications for $135 million. However, Univision is now shutting down operations of the website effective next week. “After nearly fourteen years of operation, Gawker.com will be shutting down next week. The decision to close Gawker comes days after Univision successfully bid $135 million for Gawker Media’s six other websites, and four months after the Silicon Valley billionaire Peter Thiel revealed his clandestine legal campaign against the company,” a post on Gawker.com reads. Thiel was revealed as the one pumping the money behind Hogan’s legal case which is why Hogan never settled during the trial, gambling on a bigger payoff while Thiel paid the legal fees. “Nick Denton, the company’s outgoing CEO, informed current staffers of the site’s fate on Thursday afternoon, just hours before a bankruptcy court in Manhattan will decide whether to approve Univision’s bid for Gawker Media’s other assets,” the statement on Gawker continued. The case between Hogan, Gawker Media, Nick Denton, and AJ Daulerio continues as defendants will be appealing the judgment if they can come up with the cash.

Online Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #229 on: August 19, 2016, 06:29:09 AM »
El Gawkero

Offline geniusMoment

• Trailer Park Supervisor
« Reply #230 on: November 02, 2016, 04:47:00 AM »
Hogan and Gawker have reached a settlement for 31 million.  Expected to be paid out to Hogan by the end of the year.  And Hogan's legal team was financed by a billionaire before the suit even started, so he'll probably get to keep almost all of it.
Randy!

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #231 on: November 02, 2016, 05:39:37 AM »
brb gonna record a buncha slurs

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #233 on: July 22, 2017, 06:17:32 PM »

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #234 on: July 28, 2017, 04:54:53 AM »
http://www.thewrap.com/gawker-media-sell-flagship-hulk-hogan-45-percent/

Gawker Media settled with Hogan for $31 million and the wrestling legend is also entitled to 45 percent of any proceeds if Gawker.com is sold.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #235 on: January 18, 2018, 12:21:21 PM »
http://www.gerweck.net/2018/01/18/wwe-committed-to-their-decision-on-hogan/

WWE has released a statement to The Washington Post regarding a Hulk Hogan return

“At this time, WWE remains committed to its decision.”

Offline Sabre

« Reply #236 on: January 18, 2018, 11:10:31 PM »
So he will be on raw Monday.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #237 on: January 19, 2018, 04:08:02 PM »

23 min mark, Hogan aligns with Ollie North in Iran Contra shocker!

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #238 on: February 16, 2018, 07:26:09 AM »
Racist piece of shit Hogan wanted $750K to "join" the Bullet Club at WK12.

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #239 on: February 16, 2018, 07:28:02 AM »
Where’s that from?
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #240 on: February 16, 2018, 07:33:00 AM »
Sorry, I thought I pasted the link under that: http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/hulk-hogan-njpw-wrestle-kingdom/

Originally via Sports Illustrated.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #241 on: March 22, 2018, 01:47:05 PM »
https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=116274

Hogan and WWE have been talking apparently.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #242 on: March 22, 2018, 04:23:24 PM »
Ugh

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #243 on: March 22, 2018, 04:48:15 PM »
You limit him to the network as a host and talking head, I'm fine. Him talking on the Andre doc probably why they want him anyway.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #244 on: March 22, 2018, 09:31:51 PM »
I don't want to see Hogan at all and I don't really see any value to him especially when you consider possible sponsor blowback.

Online Epic for the Summer

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #245 on: March 23, 2018, 01:46:09 AM »
I'm ok with Hogan never appearing on TV again but they should feel comfortable talking about him and acknowledging his accolades and impact on the business in the right context.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #246 on: March 23, 2018, 02:05:54 AM »
I don't want to see Hogan at all and I don't really see any value to him especially when you consider possible sponsor blowback.
I don't care about sponsors, but I agree with this. Dude is on the wrong side of history and just needs to fade away.

Online Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #247 on: March 23, 2018, 03:37:43 AM »
I feel that Hogan should be given another chance. I detest the racial slur he was caught using and I will never defend him for saying that. I also feel like he was never the best person anyway, so I am not even defending his overall character. But Mark Henry has gone on record of saying that an apology to the boys is all it would take in his eyes for him to be welcomed back among the boys.

Furthermore, we have Steve Austin that has all but been confirmed as a wife beater; we have some very despicable people from the history of this industry that are still in favor or have their shady actions ignored.  It is as if Hogan is being given the Benoit and Snuka treatment. If we ostracize and omit everyone who has made a terrible mistake and/or is a shit human being, the shows would be a lot lighter and the history of the WWF/WWE is going to be condensed quite a bit.

Hogan should not be a permanent television fixture. He should have no recurring role on television either. But it is asinine to ignore his achievements in recaps or to not mention his name. He should make the occasional appearance like at the Hall of Fame ceremonies and Wrestlemania weekends; Network shows where he is discussing certain eras or certain wrestlers; in video clips to show history on television; and the extremely rare appearance on live television.

I see nothing wrong with that if the wrestlers currently associated with WWE are given a sincere apology and he does not continue to use racist verbiage.
Oh Dandy...you came and you gave without taking!

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #248 on: March 23, 2018, 03:51:20 AM »
He doesn't have a sincere bone in his body though. He's offered nothing but lame excuses. Also guys like Big E seemed a lot more upset by Hogan than Henry was.

Hogan isn't totally omitted from history. He's already in the Andre doc that's coming on soon. There's nothing to gain from bringing him in. He can't work, he can't really cut promos anymore because he's so scattered, huge segments of the population hate him, and he's liable to spout off at any time with something stupid (like he did last year on twitter during the floods in the south).

Most wrestlers scummy shit happened before the internet gave people such an easy way to make their voices heard. Even with Steve Austin the internet was nowhere near as powerful as it is now. If Austin was arrested for that shit now he'd be anathema.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #249 on: March 23, 2018, 03:53:14 AM »
It's also about more than just how the wrestlers feel about hogan being a racist but the viewers since a huge portion of the audience are minorities now, more than ever supposedly.