Author Topic: General Fantasy Sports Discussion  (Read 34098 times)

Description:

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
Re: General Fantasy Sports Discussion
« Reply #750 on: September 24, 2015, 03:45:12 AM »
In one of my irl leagues, I got offered Jimmy Graham and Percy Harvin for Jeremy Maclin. I already got Tyler Eifert and Gates coming back soon so it would be Graham for the flex. I also have 3 receivers in ODB, Golden Taint, and John Brown so Maclin is like WR2ish/Flex. Should I make the trade? Not a ppr league.

Offline DorianS

• Flik is me
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #751 on: September 24, 2015, 04:24:56 AM »
In two weeks, Graham only has 10 targets. That's with Russell Wilson throwing 30+ in both games. If you want to take a risk, since it seems Harvin isn't a bad pick up, it might not be too bad. And there's always the possibility of him getting more, just the team getting used to him.

However, the 2 30+ throw games with only 5 targets per game, would be a flag to me. Especially if there are no counts towards receptions.

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #752 on: September 24, 2015, 04:43:47 AM »
Yeah it's a toss up trade really. Graham might get force fed next game but I still do like Maclin as the only viable receiver other than Kelce on KC. I made a counter where I get Brandon Marshall instead of Harvin and I give back Gates and Wheaton with Maclin. If he declines, I'm fine with that as well.

Offline DorianS

• Flik is me
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #753 on: September 24, 2015, 05:54:49 AM »
That's why I wasn't sure to tell you yes or no. Graham could be rest of the way good, or if he gets another 5 targets only in a 30+ throwing game, that's what you can expect all year type of a thing. Which isn't good.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #754 on: September 24, 2015, 07:21:57 AM »
I had a 3 QB rotation going with Andy Dalton, Tony Romo and Matt Stafford. I dropped Romo when he got hurt for Kaepernick.

I just got offered a trade of Russell Wilson for Matt Forte. The only problem with this is I am weak in the RB position and not many left to pick up so I would have to work some trades to make up for him.

Thoughts?

DTF

Offline DorianS

• Flik is me
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #755 on: September 24, 2015, 08:28:45 AM »
Unless you have strong RB depth, probably not. If you had a strong RB depth, I'd say try it.

In actuality it is harder to get a really good RB than it is a QB. Unless you are in a dual QB start or 16+ league. Even then, still hard.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #756 on: September 28, 2015, 02:57:33 PM »
I was leading my current game 117-61 before MNF.

My opponent has both Maclin and Charles. I was feeling pretty confident anyway.

Final 117-106.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #757 on: November 04, 2015, 11:46:59 AM »
I'm tied for second most points scored in my home league and I'm at 3-5 and 10th place. I had to vent about this somewhere.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #758 on: November 07, 2015, 06:05:58 AM »
Just SCHOOLED~ a league's draft including our very own Edwin MacPhisto and Agent of Oblivion. Here is what I got drafting at the #7 spot in a 10-team PPR setup, which is much better than Edwin's effort. Proud of this one:

QB: Matt Ryan
RB1: Jamaal Charles
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Julio Jones
WR2: Randall Cobb
WR3: Vincent Jackson
W/R: Andre Ellington
W/T: Eric Decker
TE: Tyler Eifert
D/ST: Eagles
K: Matt Bryant

Notable Bench guys: Chris Ivory, Brandon LaFell, Tre Mason, Eddie Royal, Carson Palmer

I assume this is your 10th place team lol

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #759 on: November 07, 2015, 01:03:39 PM »
Nope. I'm 7-1 and first place in that one.

EDIT: My lineup on the 10th place team this week, where I traded Hill for Allen Robinson (before the Thursday game) as well as TY/Antonio Andrews for Lacy --

QB: Carr
RB: AP
RB: Lacy
WR: Robinson
WR: Decker
TE: GRONK
FLX: Yeldon
FLX: Chris Thompson
D/ST: Eagles
K: Walsh

People on byes/injuries: Maclin, Romo, Aiken

I think that's a damn good looking 12-team PPR lineup, especially once Maclin and Romo are back over the next couple of weeks. The moves I made this week really set me up to make a serious run and close out the season against a weak remaining schedule. I've gotten my games against the really good teams out of the way now, time to make that playoff push with all of my big contributors finishing their byes this week!

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #760 on: November 20, 2015, 08:26:12 AM »
I'm tied for second most points scored in my home league and I'm at 3-5 and 10th place. I had to vent about this somewhere.
I'm at 5-5 and the second wild card in the playoffs! I have a fairly easy schedule left too. There is hope!

Have any of you been knocked out of your home leagues yet?

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #761 on: August 16, 2016, 05:48:58 AM »
Just did a 10 Team Public League... Standard Yahoo Scoring out of the 5th Spot

RB Adrian Peterson
RB Jamaal Charles
WR Jarvis Landry
RB Carlos Hyde
WR Demaryius Thomas
TE Travis Kelce
QB Eli Manning
WR Corey Coleman
RB Jeremy Langford
TE Tyler Eifert
QB Derek Carr
WR Kevin White
RB Justin Forsett
K Chandler Catanzaro
D Pittsburgh

Overall Thoughts: Went for high upside with my first 3 RB picks in ADP, Charles, and Hyde. Langford should start with the Bears and can be a good receiving back as a bye week filler. Forsett could explode back to bigger numbers after a disappointing season.

Went for Team #1s with some potential to boom in Landry (team should be passing a lot), Demaryius, and Corey Coleman (team should be passing a lot). Kevin White should be solid as the Bears WR2 and can put up big numbers if Jeffery goes down.

Eli continues to be solid and is in Year 2 of that system and should be more comfortable. Carr is great but still young so I may just go QBBC for the duo.

Kelce and Eifert are very good #1 TEs for their teams and get lots of targets from their QBs. Either essentially offers me up a 4th Starting WR basically.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #762 on: August 20, 2016, 04:11:34 AM »
Wiped out my balance on purpose like I told 909 I would ($11.75). Did a couple $5 entries, a $1 entry, and 3 different entries in the 0.25.

Didn't even bother with research. Just looked the qualifying and chose names randomly while trying to make every entry different from the next as far as names selected go.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #763 on: September 09, 2016, 12:13:13 AM »
Wrote up a quick article looking at fantasy football and pre-season schedule SOS considering sites love to tout it and whether it pays off or not.

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #764 on: September 09, 2016, 04:14:53 AM »
So everything written about Kelvin Benjamin this preseason was a tidal wave of negativity. So he goes out in the first game against the vaunted Denver D and puts up 91 yards and a TD ???

Online Aero

« Reply #765 on: September 13, 2016, 12:42:19 PM »
In a 1 pt PPR league, I was offered Devonta Freeman for Danny Woodhead.

Based on last year, it'd almost be insane to not accept this trade, but I'm strongly leaning toward declining. Worth reconsidering? It's potentially buying low on Freeman after a disappointing first week, though he very well may be splitting more with Coleman now. At least Woodhead is always good for 5-10 targets a game in his timeshare, in addition to carries. And Rivers losing Keenan Allen can only help.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #766 on: September 13, 2016, 12:51:33 PM »
I'm trying to send someone a Ware/Gordon/DeSean Jackson package for Woodhead in a PPR myself (he's the Jamaal Charles owner). Keep him, he's an assured top 10 PPR back.

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #767 on: October 06, 2016, 04:05:23 AM »
Is it just me, or is everyone "questionable" this week? I know there's no more probable designation but come on bro.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #768 on: October 09, 2016, 02:43:50 AM »
Dude, it's nuts. You really have to dig into the news now from multiple sources to glean the actual truth.

Here's a General question for a General Fantasy Thread: I'm the commissioner of my home league, and I'm playing a guy who hasn't set his lineup in three weeks (yes, already). I fixed his roster so he actually had someone who was playing in each position. It wasn't a matter of making choices as he only had one option for the two positions I filled. I just wanted an actual contest and not a bye week.

I'd also like to add that this person is also my boss. If this was a bad thing, the Fantasy Powers That Be will strike me down with a loss to a previously winless team, right?

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #769 on: October 09, 2016, 03:44:45 AM »
Dude, it's nuts. You really have to dig into the news now from multiple sources to glean the actual truth.

Here's a General question for a General Fantasy Thread: I'm the commissioner of my home league, and I'm playing a guy who hasn't set his lineup in three weeks (yes, already). I fixed his roster so he actually had someone who was playing in each position. It wasn't a matter of making choices as he only had one option for the two positions I filled. I just wanted an actual contest and not a bye week.

I'd also like to add that this person is also my boss. If this was a bad thing, the Fantasy Powers That Be will strike me down with a loss to a previously winless team, right?

Your boss should give you a raise for caring about competition and spending the 4 minutes that dickhole couldn't manage to set his lineup properly.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #770 on: October 09, 2016, 05:33:15 AM »
I put in Matt Stafford for him (he had Wilson) and dude gets 3 first half TDs. I'm still going to win but him and Delanie Walker will have monster days, watch. Book it.

Offline Richard

• life sucks
« Reply #771 on: October 09, 2016, 10:02:22 AM »
I'd be fine with someone else doing my work for me.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #772 on: October 18, 2016, 12:34:48 PM »
So, I've had a manager in my keeper league have to drop out for personal reasons. I don't suppose anyone's interested?

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #773 on: January 02, 2017, 04:00:35 AM »
Just a general fantasy observation, but why are FF leagues still having Week 17 championship games? This time, you had Zeke Elliott and the Steelers law firm of Ben, Bell, and Brown among others sitting out. ESPN's default setting has some weird two-week playoff structure (i.e. you play one opponent week 14-15 and then 16-17 as the championship round if you make it) which seems shitty to me. I guess in their case, it's an extra week of fantasy TV and podcasting and whatnot.

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #774 on: May 03, 2017, 06:23:42 AM »

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #775 on: May 03, 2017, 12:10:40 PM »
It's about fucking time. The defenses in my work league that I made super powerful will be even better. Teams like the Jaguars are viable streaming defenses now.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #776 on: August 28, 2017, 10:58:01 AM »
A friend's 12-team 1/2PPR league had a couple of openings this year so I jumped on in. You get EIGHT keepers (no round penalty), so I'm pretty much inheriting a dynasty team. My friend asks me "1 or 2?" I said 2 I think, and it was appropriate, because this is the group of keepers I have going into our draft tonight and it's a big pile of crap:

QB -- Mariota

RB -- Miller
RB -- Stewart
RB -- Woodhead

WR -- Snead
WR --
WR--

TE -- Graham

FLEX --
FLEX --

D/ST --

K --

BENCH -- Doug Martin
BENCH -- Wendell Smallwood

I've left this roster up like this so I can compare later tonight. I didn't want to keep Mariota, but this is a league of dumbasses who have three QBs on their rosters and shit. WILLIE SNEAD IS MY WR1 RIGHT NOW.

So yeah, this is a project. I honestly put together the best keepers I could with free agents before they locked. I want to make a deep playoff run, which is possible when 8 out of 12 teams make it into the playoffs.

Some players no one kept, lord knows why:

TY Hilton
Allen Robinson
Alshon Jeffery
Tyreek Hill
Keenan Allen

I have the #4 pick, so we'll see how this goes! I can't wait to humiliate all of them and take their trophy. I WILL ACHIEVE FANTASY GLORY

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #777 on: August 28, 2017, 12:35:20 PM »
That's a rough starting point. Since it's dynasty, might as well load up on rookies early and often.

Online fazzle

« Reply #778 on: August 28, 2017, 12:35:54 PM »
I had my fantasy draft yesterday.   I fucking killed it with my WRs, but I'm going to have to trade one of them for a RB because to say I have a lot of question marks there is putting it nicely.  It's a 12 man league and we go 20 rounds deep, so a lot of normally unrosterable people are on all the teams.

QBs:  Mariota and Cutler (ugh)
RBs:  Fournette, Mixon, Gilislee, Samaje Perine, Jamaal Williams and D'Onta Foreman
WRs:  OBJ, Cooks, Hopkins, Hogan, Snead and Gabriel
TEs:  Henry and Allen
Ks:  Hauschka and Dawson
Ds:  Bengals and Raiders

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #779 on: August 28, 2017, 03:49:58 PM »
Results...!

QB -- Mariota

RB -- Miller, Woodhead, Martin, Stewart, Smallwood, Rawls, L. Murray, Jamaal Williams

WR -- Keenan Allen, Mike Wallace, Snead, Robby Anderson, Malcolm Mitchell, Humphries (my queued WRs kept getting taken right before me!)

TE -- Graham, Brate, Fiedorowicz

D/ST -- Seattle

K -- Gostkowski

I went early on D/ST and Kicker because I wanted to get at least TWO spots filled with elite options even if they're those two. If I get 16 games out of Keenan Allen I have a real chance as the season goes on and Doug Martin comes back. I'm not a fan of having Mike Wallace, but he was the best option I had at that spot and I desperately needed a WR.

At least I'm not projected to do the worst. There are teams worse than mine somehow!

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #780 on: September 28, 2017, 09:08:33 AM »
This is more for myself but here is how I've done in various Sports leagues (courtesy of my Profile) via Fantasy Win Loss record up through last year.

MLB: 1738-1785-360 (45.22%)
NBA: 711-666-34 (50.39%)
NFL: 279-295-1 (48.52%)

Offline DorianS

• Flik is me
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #781 on: September 29, 2017, 07:36:35 AM »
I've done a 43% performance. Woo! I suck.

47% win rate in Football.
33% win rate in Baseball.
37% win rate in Basketball.
46% win rate in Hockey.
47% win rate in Tournament Pick'em.
32% win rate in Pro Football Pick'em.
100% win rate in Survival Football.
86% win rate in Golf.
51% win rate in Salary Cap Football.
11% win rate in Auto Racing
29% win rate in Premiership

I suck at this thing.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #782 on: February 02, 2018, 02:30:04 AM »
Wrote up a new article at Culture Crossfire looking at the thin position of Catchers, how to get near elite fantasy value by comboing two players, and utilizing splits as a platoon option.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #783 on: February 02, 2018, 03:00:06 AM »
Nice little piece. Platoons are effective in daily roster move leagues. Catcher is a position I've always felt you want a top 5 player. Inevitably your competition in the playoffs will all have elite talent at that position. It's essentially like TE. Average works week to week during the regular season. Once it's the playoffs and your opponents all have Gronk, Kelce, Graham, Ertz coming at you, you are giving up too many points.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #784 on: February 02, 2018, 07:05:54 AM »
Nice little piece. Platoons are effective in daily roster move leagues. Catcher is a position I've always felt you want a top 5 player. Inevitably your competition in the playoffs will all have elite talent at that position. It's essentially like TE. Average works week to week during the regular season. Once it's the playoffs and your opponents all have Gronk, Kelce, Graham, Ertz coming at you, you are giving up too many points.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I targeted Buster Posey in a league last year precisely for that reason. The flip side is seeing that "stud" Catcher go down for say even just a month long DL stint and suddenly you're scrambling to get absolute scrap heap garbage off the free agent pile in a 14 or 16 team league.

Whereas just playing the platoons, you can either get "hot" runs out of guys or as pointed out in the article, get comparable production without the steep price tags while bolstering the entire team with better quality talent. Then maybe luck out in the playoffs if your guy goes off or is having a particularly hot season e.g. Suzuki's 13 HR.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #785 on: August 27, 2018, 05:23:32 AM »
I see that yahoo now has fantasy football for college footbaw. Anyone have any interest in this?

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #786 on: August 28, 2018, 12:20:59 AM »
I see that yahoo now has fantasy football for college footbaw. Anyone have any interest in this?

I'll pass. IIRC when it was set up it was only like 25-30? teams that you could draft players from which severely limits the ways owners can get unique and get quality production at positions.

Online fazzle

« Reply #787 on: August 28, 2018, 12:43:08 AM »
My fantasy draft was on Sunday.   Each team had 3 keepers, and my three were Fournette, OBJ and Hopkins so I started out with a nice edge over most, probably the second best keeper group (the previous champ had Gurley, Kamara and Julio)   My team at the end of the draft:

QBs:  Wilson and Bortles
RBs:  Fournette, Collins, Burkhead, Penny and Montgomery
WRs:  OBJ, Hopkins, Diggs, Stills, John Brown, John Ross and Dez
TEs:  Rudolph and Hooper
Ks:  Elliott and Gould
Ds:  Jags and Bears

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #788 on: August 30, 2018, 06:22:19 AM »
My home league, THUNDERDOME, had its draft last night. I am fucking doing cartwheels over my team, something I haven't felt in years after this league's draft. Good thing too, since I run it and put out extensive shit talk emails weekly.

10 team redraft, PPR, 6pt TDs for all, #7 spot:

QB: Cam Newton (8.4)
RB: Melvin Gordon (2.4)
RB: Lamar Miller (5.7)
WR: Odell Beckham Jr (1.7)
WR: Doug Baldwin (4.4)
TE: Rob Gronkowski (3.7)
FLEX: Marshawn Lynch (7.7)
FLEX: Robby Anderson (9.7)
D/ST: New England (16.4)
K: Matt Bryant (17.7)

Mark Ingram (6.4)
Sony Michel (11.7)
David Njoku (12.4)
Kenny Golladay (10.4)
Matt Breida (15.7)

The other two are already being dropped for people I forgot to draft late so I left them off.

GRONK IN THE LATE THIRD ROUND PEOPLE

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #789 on: August 31, 2018, 03:10:48 AM »
Love the Gordon and Lamar Miller picks. Solid, productive RBs who aren't "flashy" but end up inside the Top 12ish range by year's end. Gronk is a STUD and a legit game changer at TE (on a good afternoon, he can outscore opposing TEs by 2-3x their points).

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #790 on: August 31, 2018, 03:14:42 AM »
Who is the Eagle receiver to pick up? Mike Wallace, Shelton Gibson or Mack Hollins? Or Dallas Goedert?

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #791 on: August 31, 2018, 04:33:34 AM »
Yikes, I've never even heard of the last three. I'mma say Mack Hollins because his name sounds like it should be Mike Collins, so much so that I typed "Mack Collins" at first.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #792 on: August 31, 2018, 04:35:35 AM »
Love the Gordon and Lamar Miller picks. Solid, productive RBs who aren't "flashy" but end up inside the Top 12ish range by year's end. Gronk is a STUD and a legit game changer at TE (on a good afternoon, he can outscore opposing TEs by 2-3x their points).
I just traded Lynch and Ingram for Kenyan Drake, and got the defense I'll actually stream for the first two weeks. NEW LINEUP:

QB - Cam Newton
RB - Melvin Gordon
RB - Kenyan Drake
WR - Odell Beckham Jr
WR - Doug Baldwin
TE - Rob Gronkowski
FLX - Lamar Miller
FLX - Robby Anderson
D/ST - New Orleans Saints (TB and CLE first two weeks)
K - Matt Bryant

FUCK WITH ME

Offline DorianS

• Flik is me
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #793 on: August 31, 2018, 09:40:22 AM »
Dude trading Lynch and Ingram to get Drake is a really nice swing job. Though I'm kind of surprised that Cam Newton was available at at round 8. He isn't accurate, sure, but he still gets enough points that he's a good low RB1 option on all nights. Pretty good team overall. Nice drafting. If you can get one of the top rookie wideouts from the waivers/agency, I'd highly recommend it for tha tlast spot. In a 10 team league, good chance they weren't taken and they all seem like they'll produce quite well.

Offline Edwin

• Smash and bang is my favorite combination
« Reply #794 on: August 31, 2018, 10:41:17 AM »
Good thing you're happy with this draft Kotz, because I'm gonna wipe the floor with your dick in Agent's league tomorrow.  Awwww shit

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #795 on: September 01, 2018, 11:20:54 PM »
*You* will be the one whose dick is wiping! ...yeah!

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #796 on: September 13, 2018, 04:59:45 AM »
Could use some advice on a trade I was offered -

I would be trading Melvin Gordon and Jared Goff for Carson Wentz and DeAndre Hopkins.

My roster right now is QB - Goff and Stafford; RB - Gordon, James Conner, LeSean McCoy and Jamaal Williams; WR - Adam Thielen, Golden Tate, Robert Woods and Paul Richardson

PPR league

I know I’m a bit weak at WR and QB, but good at RB so I’m considering it but I feel like Melvin has more upside than Hopkins (and who knows how Wentz will be when he gets back).

DTF

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #797 on: September 13, 2018, 06:43:58 AM »
It's compelling but I wouldn't do it.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #798 on: September 13, 2018, 09:24:52 AM »
That's a pretty difficult one. You definitely could use Hopkins. It kind of depends if there are any other RBs available on the free agent list. Not too keen on moving Goff for a hurt/recovering QB. I'd probably pass on it unless you can get a RB of some kind thrown to the deal.

Online Aero

« Reply #799 on: September 13, 2018, 09:45:34 AM »
Wouldn't do it. Losing Gordon could be a problem if Bell returns to the Steelers anytime soon, and if McCoy doesn't get on track. In the latter's case, on one hand, McCoy should be the entire Bills' offense, but on the other, he should be the entire offense and may get defenses stacking the box against him.

I feel like it will be easier to get WR help throughout the year, compared to RB, especially with PPR.