Author Topic: November 2011 TNA Thread -- Witty Title To Come Later  (Read 4252 times)

Description:

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
November 2011 TNA Thread -- Witty Title To Come Later
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2011, 11:08:22 AM »
This is one thing they've stolen from WWE that I hope they keep.

I just remembered that Thanksgiving last year gave us Jeff Hardy entering a room through a cloud of smoke!

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2011, 09:31:28 AM »
TNA has started to approach talents that aren't currently being booked on TV regularly, asking them to relocate to Ohio Valley Wrestling in Louisville, Kentucky to continue to refine their ring skills.

We've heard a few names have been approached, but can confirm that one of those names, Ink, Inc.'s Jesse Neal, has turned down the request and will be finishing up with the company shortly.

Can't buy a house with food stamps, so we'll just not pay you at all

Offline luke-o

• Pack it in Frank you silly barstool!
  • www.thecollectorsroom.co.uk
    • The LADcast - A weekly podcast from Luke and Drew (L.A.D - Geddit?)
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2011, 09:52:38 AM »
Jesse Neal is out of TNA as per WO.

I will eat all of your dicks if Daniel Bryan ACTUALLY cashes in his MITB at Wrestlemania
7 months and counting...

Offline The ghost of bps21

• Wade the Duck says: Your brush with Greatness is OVER!
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2011, 06:38:51 PM »
Here's what I don't get about the Jesse Neal deal...he doesn't want to go to OVW so he leaves TNA.  But if he's going to continue to be a wrestler...he's now going to be working in shittier places than OVW.  At least this may mean much less Shannon Moore.

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2011, 07:23:57 PM »
Storm and Roode are so much more ready to be singles wrestlers this run than they were the last time. 

That's about my thoughts on the show tonight.  There was a lot of the youngish TNA guys (guys that didn't make their name elsewhere like Robbie E, Gunner, Crimson, Sorenson) on this show and that's not the positive that it should be.  Sorenson is alright.  Gunner tried real hard but Garrett Bischoff is not ready.

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
I will say this though...next ppv looks to be a healthier AJ/Roode, Angle/Storm, Hardy/Jarrett, Kim/Mickie and probably a Kash/Aries match.  That's a good looking show.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2011, 10:21:34 PM »
At least this may mean much less Shannon Moore

Also much less Jesse Neal. :)

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2011, 02:18:30 AM »
Who cares about Jesse Neal or Shannon Moore?

What about Jesse Neal's girlfriend?

DTF

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2011, 08:41:37 AM »
Who cares about Jesse Neal or Shannon Moore?

What about Jesse Neal's girlfriend?

Exactly, I really was digging that she got in TNA, as I saw alot of her indy stuff in CA throughout the years and she was great down in AAA too. But since he's gone, I'm guessing she's either gone too or now currently single.

Suppose they would just have her manage Moore but that sounds like a lame bust. She'd be better off just being in the Knockout title mix solo and Moore can be given the same ultimatum, and hopefully he declines it too.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2011, 10:50:30 AM »
Suppose they would just have her manage Moore but that sounds like a lame bust. She'd be better off just being in the Knockout title mix solo and Moore can be given the same ultimatum, and hopefully he declines it too.

Shannon Moore: Knockouts Champ?
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2011, 11:57:13 AM »
He wouldnt decline it.  Hes the only one in the north carolina clique whos been able to keep regular employment

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2011, 12:03:50 PM »

Shannon Moore: Knockouts Champ?

lol i see how I worded that now, my bad. But I meant that he would get the same ultimatum as Neal, to either move to Kanducky or see ya later.

That said, using him as a jobber to the knockouts would be a great idea.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2011, 01:11:56 PM »
I figured but the possibility of Moore getting hit with bricks by the Knockouts might be ok.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline geniusMoment

• Trailer Park Supervisor
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2011, 05:14:34 AM »
THANKSGIVING THONG THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Randy!

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2011, 06:56:28 PM »
I liked the start of the ladies match, where the heels and faces did the "Yah!"  "Boo!" back and forth spots... A lot better than rushing into a match that is normally given 2 mins

That said...they were clearly looking to fill time for a Holiday show, when the Knockouts get 4 segments to set up and execute their match

Offline BorneAgain

• One Cocky Cracka
Re: November 2011 TNA Thread -- Witty Title To Come Later
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2011, 09:59:27 AM »

Spoilers for 12/1

Spoiler: show
 * The Pope and Devon became the new #1 contenders by defeating Mexican America and Ink Inc.

* Sting returns and calls Bobby Roode out. Sting talks about what Roode did last week and he must face the consequences. AJ Styles comes out and then so does Jeff Hardy. Sting announces Styles vs. Hardy vs. Roode for tonight in a non-title match.

* Austin Aries comes out and talks about changing the X Division. Aries needs some new competition but out comes Kid Kash. Aries offers Kash a title shot. They go to shake on it and start brawling.

* Mickie James beat ODB in a Street Fight.

* Robbie E beat Rob Van Dam with the TV Title on the line. Eric Young and Daniels both interfered in the match. Daniels hit RVD with Angel's Wings and gave Robbie the pin.

* Backstage segment with all of the Knockouts washing a car in bikinis. They all start brawling until Gail Kim shows up and sprays everyone with water.

* Bobby Roode beat AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy in the main event. Roode got the pin on Hardy after interference from Jeff Jarrett. Sting came out and announced Hardy vs. Jarrett at Final Resolution in a cage match where the only way to win is to escape. If Jarrett wins, Hardy is gone from TNA. If Hardy wins, he gets a World Title shot. Karen Jarrett comes out with her mouth and Sting bans her from ringside for the match.

Spoilers for 12/8

Spoiler: show
 -We open with an in-ring promo with Sting, Dixie Carter and Robert Roode. Sting wants Roode to apologize to Dixie but Roode refuses to. Roode ends up spitting on Dixie then bailing from the ring.

Abyss defeated Samoa Joe after interference from Bully Ray and Scott Steiner. After the match Steiner and Ray were in the ring with Abyss trying to kiss up to him when Abyss hit Steiner with the Black Hole Slam.

- Another promo in the ring this time Devon, The Pope, Crimson and Matt Morgan. All four men set up their match at Final Resolution. When Pope gets the mic, he runs down Crimson and Matt Morgan. A fight breaks out where Devon and Crimson fight to the back. Devon's kids get in the ring and help Pope beat down Morgan before bailing from the ring.

Mickie James defeated Madison Rayne. Afterwards Gail Kim comes out and stares down Mickie.

Garett Bischoff defeated Gunner with a rollup. After the match, Gunner Piledrove Garett on the concrete on the outside(with help from Eric Bischoff). Garett gets tended to by medics and gets stretchered out.

- We get another in-ring promo between Kurt Angle and James Storm. They are setting up their match at Final Resolution. Storm runs down his history about fighting against the odds. Storm allows Angle to hit him from behind but Angle doesn't do so. Good segment!

Gail Kim defeated Traci Brooks. Traci originally laid down for Gail but kicked out at two. She fought back and had the advantage when Karen Jarrett distracted the referee. Madison Rayne interfered and allowed Gail to pick up the win.

AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy beat Bobby Roode and Jeff Jarrett in a tag team match. Hardy came out to a huge pop, Styles had an okay pop. Hardy and Jarrett fought to the back leaving Roode and AJ in the ring. AJ hurt his knee during the match but was able to reverse Roodes finisher into a rollup. AJ fought off an attack from Roode after the match but was attacked again on top of the stage. Roode attacked AJ's tweaked knee slamming it on the stage.

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2011, 10:04:21 AM »
"Why is daddy cheating?"

That's tremendous.  Roode's family is better at wrestling acting than almost anyone.  I totally bought that they were so proud of him heading into BFG...and look at his mother now.  She looks like she wants to cry...the shame this man has brought her family.

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2011, 02:45:10 PM »
I'm impressed on so many levels.

« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2011, 06:35:09 PM »
I've gotta say the TNA ppv this month looks a million times better than it usually does...mostly because Roode and Storm are in featured singles matches.

Father of the year Bobby Roode vs. AJ Styles in a 30 minute Iron Man match for the TNA title
James Storm vs. Kurt Angle
Jeff Hardy vs. Jeff Jarrett in a cage match (Hardy wins he gets a title match next month, Jarrett wins...Hardy is fired)
Austin Aries vs. Kid Kash for the X title
Gail Kim vs. Mickie James for the KO's title
There's a shit tag title match with Crimson/Morgan vs. Pope/Dvon...and they may have Abyss/Bully Ray or something with them because God knows they can't not have an Anderson match or the world ends or something, or maybe Daniels/RVD again if that's still a thing...but that show looks good to me after many many months of the shows not looking good to me.

Offline Mildly Threatening Damon

• They wanna be my bitch so bad that they fetch Frisbees.
  • Dangerous Damon
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2011, 07:20:08 PM »
Anyone else having trouble opening the spoilers?

Offline BorneAgain

• One Cocky Cracka
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2011, 08:07:28 PM »
This is the first time I've done spoilers with the new format of the board, so I'm not entirely sure if it's something I've done wrong or something with the system.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2011, 08:10:58 PM »
This is the first time I've done spoilers with the new format of the board, so I'm not entirely sure if it's something I've done wrong or something with the system.

I quickly glanced at the new board thread the other day and apparently it's still a bug that's trying to be worked out.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2011, 10:30:09 PM »
Father of the year Bobby Roode vs. AJ Styles in a 30 minute Iron Man match for the TNA title
James Storm vs. Kurt Angle

Jeff Hardy vs. Jeff Jarrett in a cage match (Hardy wins he gets a title match next month, Jarrett wins...Hardy is fired)
Austin Aries vs. Kid Kash for the X title
Gail Kim vs. Mickie James for the KO's title

There's a shit tag title match with Crimson/Morgan vs. Pope/Dvon...and they may have Abyss/Bully Ray or something with them because God knows they can't not have an Anderson match or the world ends or something, or maybe Daniels/RVD again if that's still a thing...but that show looks good to me after many many months of the shows not looking good to me.
Bolded ones are what I expect to deliver in solid amounts. Roode's upped his game considerably since the feud with MCMG, Storm is finally starting to be appreciated for how good he is, Gail/Mickie are two of the better Knockouts performers, Kid Kash is YOUR NEW FAVORITE WRESTLER, A-Double delivers (note: I don't think he's GREAT like a lot of people do, but I never thought he was BAD), and then there's Angle and Styles who are just fantastic. Hell, even Hardy/Jarrett may be good if Hardy's not high as a kite and Papi Jeff's got his working boots on.

Offline OldSchoolWrestling

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2011, 06:04:23 AM »
It's not often I hope AJ loses a match but it's a good place when that is the case as it is now.

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2011, 09:53:16 AM »
what happened to samoa joe?

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2011, 09:56:57 AM »
He tripped over another piece of bad booking and died.

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2011, 09:58:03 AM »
He tripped over another piece of bad booking and landed mouth-first on the entire hot dog and hamburger buffet.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2011, 09:59:13 AM »
what happened to samoa joe?

He's back on next weeks show iirc, but its still clear they arent going to do shit with him. I think he's just riding out the rest of his contract or something.

Offline Tigger

• Dressup
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2011, 10:38:38 AM »
Then he'll debut in the WWE as Karma's baby dadda.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2011, 12:45:03 PM »
Then he'll debut in the WWE as Karma's baby dadda.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2011, 12:47:57 PM »
I said it back then and ill say it again.  Kharmas baby daddy should be zack ryder and the baby should be percy watson

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2011, 12:54:56 PM »
...okay, this Gunner segment made me want to keep watching Impact. I'm happy that they kept the Reaction-style segments. It greatly helps differentiate them from WWE.

Jeff Jarrett's putting over of the TNA World title to Sting right here and burying of Jeff Hardy was fucking mint. TNA...making sense...huzzah?

Offline BorneAgain

• One Cocky Cracka
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2011, 01:30:17 PM »
We need segments of Roode bragging on the phone at the dinner table while ignoring the A+ one of his kids got on a spelling test.

« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2011, 01:47:15 PM »
I think they found the perfect character for Roode.  I look at him and i think...hes a really good worker...not great.  A really good talker...not great.  Has a decent look...but not great.  Then you plug him in this role and hes fucking great.  They made a bunch of wrong turns to get here...but they ended up in the exact right place.

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2011, 03:22:08 PM »
I'm watching the show now and Bobby Roode came down in a suit, as all heel champions should always do, and I got really excited for the hopefully not too far in the future time when Dolph Ziggler is rocking his suit on Raw with the title over his shoulder.

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2011, 03:41:48 PM »
Methinks that will be the first of many pinfalls taken in a row for young Mr. Neal.

« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2011, 04:16:07 PM »
Abyss just raped those girls. 

Excellent.

Offline BorneAgain

• One Cocky Cracka
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2011, 04:24:15 PM »
Abyss just raped those girls. 

Excellent.

Eh, look at TNA company policy. Given what we saw with Winter and Angelina, sexual assault is pretty kosher.

« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2011, 04:25:34 PM »
To be fair they were dumb sluts who were only looking to fuck rich hot guys.  So they were asking for it.

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2011, 04:35:29 PM »
I'm in the main event now.  AJ's timing on things just couldn't be any better.  It really stands out when he's in there with someone like Hardy who's super sloppy on everything.

Offline Just Call Me Dan

« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2011, 01:54:30 AM »
"Ask them how dinner was last night. 'Cause I bought it."

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2011, 12:08:20 PM »
The cue to battle scene background music at the end of every Impact now with the wrestlers subtly even reacting to it in some way (so maybe now its piped in through the arena too for the crowd?) is a strangely entertaining thing at the end of every show now.

Thought that was one of the better Impacts in awhile last night overall. As ridiculous as the knockout car wash stuff was, I approved of every second of it. Main event was solid, and then you have the good bad and ugly typical mixed bag of stuff. The more overly wacky stuff shown its face last night too after some weeks of going with much less. Ex: chicks being KTFO by Abyss' sexual prowess.

Oh and they are actually going in a really much better direction with stuff since the last ppv thankfully, although in some cases almost anything was going to be an improvement. But Jarrett/Hardy seems to have some real good heat, Roode has been used really well since the turn and title win fortunately too. I thought that shit was going to blow up in their face with Roode but they have seemed to make it work, and yet slow build Storm/Roode too, which I also thought was going to be impossible for them to make work after rushing through things so fast after BFG.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2011, 05:42:18 PM »
Brother Love = Miracle Booker????    Did Russo do too much damage to ever let Impact recover?

Good lord was Steiner/Ray's locker room vignette AMAZING!!

"Sheboygan?" 

"ENGLISH!"

« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2011, 05:43:36 PM »
I try to start discussion in the December thread and it leads to more posts in the November thread.

That'll learn me.