Author Topic: Total Divas  (Read 25818 times)

Description: Nattie In Lingere and Tyson Kidd Doesn't Care

Offline Jaxxxson Mayhem

• If I told you cocaine numbers you would think I was lyin'
  • WWWYKI
Total Divas
« on: July 28, 2013, 02:15:37 PM »
This is a great show that is akin to a rollercoaster the way it ramps up and dips down playing with your emotions. I laughed, I cried, I jerked (twice).

Offline A Happy Medium

• CXF Writer
Re: Total Divas
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 03:49:28 PM »
I'm looking forward to TENSION~! as Bryan and Cena have to help the Bella Twins move into a new apartment and have arguments while moving heavy furniture.  Of course, we'll need a follow up of Brie admonishing Bryan after he eats some food from the floor, and his expected response.

Also, Cena got bleeped out during the marriage talk with Nikki.  He did a great job countering the talk.

Offline Jaxxxson Mayhem

• If I told you cocaine numbers you would think I was lyin'
  • WWWYKI
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 03:59:55 PM »
He had the extra long beep to try to cover it up as much as possible.

Offline Exslade ZX

• That's what she said.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 05:08:14 PM »
Kayfabe is dead. This one episode ruined the business more than any of Tough Enough. I mean it just straight up killed characters, even to the point of Cameron and Naomi not even being 'Cameron and Naomi.' And if it was just the divas...that'd be fine. But it's extended to the superstars too. From Brodus Clay looking like a bitch,  for not making a cameo appearance to stomp the hell out of Jersey Shore/Lost Kardashian douchebag...all the way to John Cena.

John Cena isn't supposed to say shitty!

That said, I sort of enjoyed it.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 05:08:20 PM »
Can Cena get commitment up for the AA?

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 05:50:59 PM »

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 06:27:15 PM »
Wasn't horrible. It's unapologetically obviously an attempt to lure in the E! crowd just like the old MTV shows were.

Offline A Happy Medium

• CXF Writer
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 07:32:19 AM »
The premiere did a 1.1 rating, or 1.3 million viewers, which is a success.  The replay even drew 700,000 viewers.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/32418-wwe-total-divas-rating-on-e-network-was 

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 07:35:00 AM »
This show is already as successful as TNA after 11 years

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 02:32:18 AM »
I watched it, didn't care for any of the female interactions but I liked seeing what the guys I actually see on TV are up to. The girls on this show aren't even the top women in the WWE so whatever.
Is this show scripted? It sure does come across as scripted right now. I'm listening to the Funkadactyls have a conversation and thinking "No real human talks like that".
But maybe I'm old and unhip.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 03:02:30 AM »
Saw this mentioned somewhere else that they showed clips of Taker/Punk preceding the revelation that the mixed tag match got cut due to the previous match going long, when it was the HHH/Lesnar match that went long.  HHHmm, why would they do that?

Spoiler: show
Yes, I realize "HHHmm" is kinda lame.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 02:37:06 PM »
I still feel like a lot of this show is scripted. Especially the Fandango stuff.

Offline Fökai

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 02:50:47 PM »
According to Meltzer a few weeks ago, everything related to Fandango was faked for the show (haven't seen tonight's show yet).

All of the other stuff pertaining to last week wasn't a work, just exaggerated.

Offline A Happy Medium

• CXF Writer
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 03:49:29 PM »
Yeah, the Fandango stuff is such a work, he doesn't even get his own name, unlike Bryan.

And man, burying Bryan's lifestyle pretty hard here.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 12:16:09 AM »
I was thinking Fandango came off like a creep when he kept hitting on the girls, but it was all a work!

Seriously if you want to do a reality show about Divas then do it, why do they need to work a storyline with it?

Then again I figured a lot of this was a work because well....it's the WWE. I just assume everything they do is a work. Like when John Cena visits children with cancer, it's a work! The real kids with cancer weren't cute enough so they had to throw some actors in for the photo op.

Everything with the Funkadactyls comes off as incredibly fake too. I really don't think normal people talk or act like Ariane. The scene where she was apologizing was brutal. Surely nobody is that dense to act like that?

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 02:25:36 AM »
It might be less of a work than they implied - the idea was it looked like they were going to promote a Eva/Fandango relationship when both are engaged to other people in real life. They actually addressed the former last night. I would have to agree that the whole scenario last night was made for TV, but it's "reality" TV so who cares?

I hate to admit it but I kind of... really enjoy this show. I mean, I hate a lot of it (Cameron being the absolute worst), but they just appear to be doing a stupid show and having fun.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 05:15:16 AM »
The Brie/Nikki/Cena/Bryan segments made me want to punch everyone but Bryan in the face.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 05:19:05 AM »
The Brie/Nikki/Cena/Bryan segments made me want to punch everyone but Bryan in the face.

I know. That was a normal sized house for a normal American in my estimation.
They were talking about it being too small to raise children in!? Judging by the plates on the wall Bryan's parents raised two children in the house.
And what the fuck? It needs to be torn down?
I guess you need a house the size of John Cena's to raise a family.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 07:11:36 AM »
You advertise Nattie in lingerie, and yet all I see is a bunch of words

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 07:18:34 AM »
Seriously if you want to do a reality show about Divas then do it, why do they need to work a storyline with it?

You just answered your own question. Pretty much every "reality show" or scripted and staged from start to finish.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Ut Ot

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 10:25:52 AM »
Disclaimer: I've only seen the nine minutes of this show that made it onto my DVR taping of RAW last week, so I may not be qualified to participate in this thread. I saw enough to show them totally break kayfabe with Cameron and Naomi, and partially with the Bella Twins (I'm ninety percent sure that one of them's real name is totally different, and I'm seventy-five percent sure it's Brie). Nattie, the only one on the show who has a story worth telling, was almost a non-factor.

As a big fan of women's wrestling, I hate the idea of this show on principle. It pretty much creates a no-win situation for the "Divas" division, from my perspective: if the show is a hit, then it's only going to "prove" to Vince what he "knew" all along, that this is what the WWE Universe wants to see out of the Divas. And, of course, if it fails, then he'll probably use the failure as a pretense to kill the division, once and for all.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 12:30:11 PM »
I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say or how you reached either of those conclusions.

Offline Ut Ot

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 01:02:30 PM »
I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say or how you reached either of those conclusions.

Total Divas is successful, means Vince says: "I knew it! What the fans really want is to see more reality shows, and even less wrestling! I'll make it so that the only time that the Divas spend on Raw and Smackdown is to promote their reality show!"

or,

Total Divas is a failure, means Vince says: "I knew it! Giving TV time to the Divas is a waste of time! I'm killing the Divas division, for good!"

That's what I'm trying to say. As to how I reached the conclusions... let's just say that it's the optimist in me, shining through.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 01:55:49 PM »
I honestly understand that you think that makes sense but I'm not entirely sure how you reached those conclusions.

The show is their attempt at getting the female demographic to watch something on E!, then tune in to Raw or SmackDown. Whether it is a success or failure has no impact on the goings on of AJ, Kaitlyn, Layla - the people who actually wrestle in the division and are nowhere near this show.

If the show is a failure, they got some money from E! to waste everyone's time and maybe some people will know who Eva Marie and Jo Jo are if/when they become in-ring competitors (I had been under the impression Eva Marie was a model nearing 30 who would never be in the ring, but - and I forget what or where - I read or heard something that made it sound like there are actual plans for her post E! career in WWE).

Oh, Eva Marie really was crying when she met with Stephanie - they filmed it at a later date (which explains the Payback poster on the wall - that was throwing me off) and just told Eva "Stephanie is mad at you, go meet with her".
Speaking of what Meltzer had to say... he said nothing, but Bruan

Offline Ut Ot

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 01:59:53 PM »
I honestly understand that you think that makes sense but I'm not entirely sure how you reached those conclusions.

The show is their attempt at getting the female demographic to watch something on E!, then tune in to Raw or SmackDown. Whether it is a success or failure has no impact on the goings on of AJ, Kaitlyn, Layla - the people who actually wrestle in the division and are nowhere near this show...

You mean like Natalya and Naomi?

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 02:23:02 PM »
I can't find myself caring in the least during the segments with Eva Marie and Jo Jo. The Bella/Cena/Bryan stuff was mildly entertaining and the Funkadactyls stuff was afwul, but at least these are people actually involved in the company. That's why I'm watching this show, right? To see "real backstage stuff" involving WWE performers?

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 03:19:05 PM »
You're here to watch Brie deal with her sister's raging alcoholism.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 04:06:14 AM »
I had a gripe about the beginning of the show. When they were describing the pecking order they said "You have the women at the top" and they showed the Bellas. WTF? Are the Bellas really the top of the Divas division? Pretty sure the top is AJ and Kaitlyn.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 05:01:29 AM »
They're fucking the SummerSlam main event.  Yeah, they're at the top.

Who's Kaitlyn fucking?

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2013, 05:12:29 AM »
The Bellas are on the show, and AJ/Kaitlyn aren't, so you're right, it totally makes sense to call the stars of the show a bunch of nobodies.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2013, 05:41:31 AM »
I really liked how Brie brought up real issues one might have about moving into their parent's childhood home like not being allowed to change things or make it feel like her home, but Cena and Nickie were too busy calling it small and declaring that it needed to be torn down.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2013, 05:44:23 AM »
Why aren't they the Garcia Twins on the show?

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2013, 05:54:08 AM »
Maybe the house really is on the small side?  It's not like they were questioning the size because it was only not-quite-so-palatial as Cena's house.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2013, 05:55:13 AM »
It seemed like a perfectly reasonable house, though dwarfed by Fort Cena.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2013, 06:14:52 AM »
So I haven't watched the show yet, but from what I understand its Bryan and Brie being a normal couple while double dating with the crazy Nikki and John Cena every week?

If so, sign me up.

DTF

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2013, 06:17:53 AM »
I think not liking where you're going to live is the same reason Bret Hart divorced his second wife. She didn't want to live in Calgary. He didn't want to live in Italy.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2013, 07:46:46 AM »
Who's Kaitlyn fucking?

Last I knew Derrick Bateman but he's been fired for a few months so...
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 09:57:03 AM »
Who's Kaitlyn fucking?

Last I knew Derrick Bateman but he's been fired for a few months so...

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2013, 03:31:44 AM »
I'm sad Nattie isn't kayfabe fucking Khali on this show. 

The "Simple Life" opening bit with the Bellas made me wince.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2013, 03:37:50 AM »
E! ordered 6 more episodes for a November-December season.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2013, 05:00:16 AM »
I "liked" the first couple of episodes, but last night made my brain cells hurt. 

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2013, 02:47:41 AM »
So I learned from this weeks episode that the Bella dating Cena is a dumbass and Cena is pretty intelligent (for knowing Chinese, not for knowing who Stalin, FDR and Churchill are. People should know that for gods sake).

Also Tyson Kidd is a pussy apparently.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2013, 03:16:14 AM »
Cena is like the wise sage of this show.  Every week he's doling out good advice.

Tyson Kidd is just 1 Picard facepalm after another in this show.

Nikki is dating Cena.  Brie is dating Bryan, which is p. easy to remember due to the "Br" in their names.

Offline Ut Ot

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2013, 02:27:51 PM »
Cena is with the Bella who got the boob job. At least, that's how I keep track...

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2013, 03:04:52 PM »
What happened to that mildly enjoyable show I thought we were getting the first episode?

Also, while a couple of syllables is basically nothing to go on, Cena's tones and pronunciation in Mandarin were pretty good. His "ni" was way off and the "w" in "wo" was too enunciated, but his 3rd tone in "he" was excellent. Neat stuff. I wonder why he's learning Chinese?

Offline The Real DXP

• daileyxplanet
    • TrevorTwitter
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2013, 04:23:38 PM »
Preparing for the future man, Red Dawn 2.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2013, 12:41:36 AM »
He's a Renaissance Man.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2013, 12:51:31 AM »
RenaissanCena, if you will.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2013, 12:54:51 AM »
I find it's getting more faked and more terrible as it goes on. The Nattie/Tyson Kidd stuff was brutal to watch.
Show loose women what I'm workin' with.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2013, 02:46:21 AM »
What happened to that mildly enjoyable show I thought we were getting the first episode?

Also, while a couple of syllables is basically nothing to go on, Cena's tones and pronunciation in Mandarin were pretty good. His "ni" was way off and the "w" in "wo" was too enunciated, but his 3rd tone in "he" was excellent. Neat stuff. I wonder why he's learning Chinese?

You can assume he either knows very basic stuff for China meet and greets, or they scripted this to make Cena seem smarter.