Author Topic: WWE Network General Notes - Themes, Changes, Edits, Restorations, Schedule, Etc.  (Read 55629 times)

Description: An on-going list of what's what on WWEN

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
    • My YouTube Channel with over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos
The latest teaser said "This Summer".
Check out my YouTube page for over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMonsoonClassic/videos

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Popular opinion (by me) is that it will debut when the Raw airings get to September 1995 and Nitro is added to the schedule, which at the current rate (they'll be in June 1993 by next week) could be this summer.

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
Latest commercial said in the summer.

Offline Marie I

• FLAM
Looks like they removed about 3 or 4 episodes of ECW Hardcore TV, which bums me out as I was looking forward to finishing those.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
If it helps, I don't think they removed them, they just put emphasis on not skipping ahead of the live stream. I suspect they will be back next week.

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
They dubbed over Corporal Kirchner's theme at WrestleMania 2 with a different version of the same song, which drowns out the commentary.

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
Any idea why Xbox has only this years WrestleMania/SummerSlam/Survivor series? My Iphone has all of them.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
I tried the Xbox app at a friend's house last night and it's still terrible.

- At Mania III, they kept the end of show photo montage that was originally set to "Who's Zooming Who", complete with Monsoon saying they were closing the show the way they opened it, with Aretha Franklin. Since they didn't get the rights to the song, they just played America the Beautiful again. Interesting work around, but a bit out of place.
- Run DMC is still rappin' up a storm at Mania V. "A little of that goes a long way with me" - Monsoon. The show also retains the No Holds Barred trailer.
- No Instant Replay debate on Mania VII. What is it about that segment that it's cut from everything?

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
It's too stupid even for Vince's standards?

Offline Aero

What a butt-head...

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
But I drew a picture to commemorate it forever!

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
Well I hope the new ppvs are uploaded to the xbox since none of the ecw/wcw ones have been.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
Updated schedule notes:
- Outside the Ring (DVD docs): nWo this Saturday, Mick Foley next Saturday.
- Best of SmackDown: "Iron Man Match" episode on Saturday, John Cena debut from 2002 next Saturday.
- Best of Raw: Test/Stephanie (spoiler: and HHH) wedding episode on Wednesday.
- Next episode of WrestleMania Rewind: John Cena vs. Big Show / John Cena vs. JBL
- Next episode of Countdown: Backstabbers.
- Raw is now very consistent in it's airing / archiving - Monday to Friday, the previous day's episode "airs" at 9 eastern then the next episode in sequence airs at 10, and is archived later in the day.
- Hardcore TV currently has 9 episodes available. WCCW has... five, but they had seven yesterday. Whoever is doing that archive needs to keep it together since I don't believe they are removing episodes on purpose.
- There are now 10 "Old School" house shows and it seems 2-3 per week are added.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
Something must have needed editing from Bash at the Beach 94 (scheduled for live stream this Monday from 4:30-7:30 eastern, btw) since the event thumbnail is now a screen shot.

Before someone changes it back, do yourselves a favour and check out the thumbnail image they have for ECW Heatwave 98.

Spoiler: show

Offline stevejrogers

Great, now imagining The Brain as an ECW heel manager...which isn't a bad thing of course!

My guess is that Bobby's documentary is next up for the Beyond The Ring series?

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD

So... Slam City, the new WWE cartoon. Here's four episodes.

AUTO-TUDE ADJUSTMENT
After being fired from the WWE by a mysterious masked man, The Finisher, John Cena takes a job as a mechanic at a local auto repair shop.

ALBERTO THE BARISTA
Coffee house barista extraordinaire Alberto Del Rio finds himself at odds with a very unsatisfied customer in Damien Sandow.

A BIG BRAWL
John Cena's latest customer is an unreasonable Big Show, and their attitudes (and bodies) collide inside a jumper cable ring!

CAFETERIA CHAOS
Santino Marella arrives to try to take Kane's job as chef, but the Big Red Monster won't give up his post so easily.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
That looks amazing.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
Battlebowl 93, Chi-Town Rumble, and BATB 96 have received the mysterious "taken down to probably tinker with some copyright issue and will be later" treatment.

Edit: Also Beach Blast 93 and Halloween Havoc 90.

Offline Love Harnesser Kamala

• CXF Writer
Yeah, I actually was looking to watch Chi-Town Rumble and noticed it was gone. :(

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
Yeah, I actually was looking to watch Chi-Town Rumble and noticed it was gone. :(

Chi-Town Rumble needed to re-dub "Badstreet USA" as they forgot to remove it from the post-match.

Are you streaming through a connected device or using a computer? Missing shows are sometimes still searchable on a computer... but that show doesn't seem to be. Should be back soon though.

• CXF Writer
Looked for it on my PS3 and computer and couldn't find it on either.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
Chi-Town, Beach Blast 93, and Havoc 1990 are back. I can only assume Battlebowl and BATB 96 are on the way.

Offline tony149

Looks like the Jimmy Papa lawsuit got settled. Badstreet USA and the Slam Jam themes are back. Now WWE can air the 2 Cold Scorpio music video!

Offline tony149

Halloween Havoc '90 is still the edited Turner Home Entertainment version. Wonder what happened to the master tape. Also, Chi-Town Rumble cuts out a handful of entrances for some reason.

Offline Paperback Ryback

Maybe I'm getting my hopes up, but could the recent additions on WCW and ECW to the Vault mean that COTC and monthly pre-ppv ECW events are gonna be up soon? My thought was that they were just templates that have yet to be altered.

Offline The ghost of bps21

• Wade the Duck says: Your brush with Greatness is OVER!
Clash of champions and Saturday nights main event are supposedly all being added soon.  I haven't heard anything about non ppv ecw events...but I would really love to see them added.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
All of the missing shows from yesterday are back and a ton more WCW shows were removed... HOWEVER, since we now know they're being removed to have songs PUT BACK into them, that's great.

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
    • Smart Mark Radio
It sounds like Michael Cole is doing the voiceovers for the hype videos on WrestleMania XII. He wasn't in the company at all to my knowledge until sometime after WrestleMania 13 and I'm almost positive Todd Pettingill did the voiceovers.  It's not an issue with rights to Pettingill's likeness as his interview with Marc Mero is intact.

• CXF Writer
I noticed Cole did the audio for the hype videos at XII when I was watching it on DVD last spring during the buildup to last year's WrestleMania. My guess is either they fucked up the audio somewhere along the way or that maybe they hired Cole to do some outside voiceover work?

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
Basically they didn't have the rights to whatever production music they used and the sound mixing called for a re-dub. That would be my guess anyway.

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
Yeah. That's it. The background music is different.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
Mania XIV has the same issue (different opening theme) which is bizarre since I'm certain the music pops up just fine in other 1997/1998 PPVs. Unless the VHS copy put something different there.

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
Well, the WrestleMania versions are basically the Anthology versions with WWF unmuted and unblurred. Since those were sold as DVDs, I'm guessing the rules are different.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
I think unfortunately some Anthology versions slipped in but as detailed earlier, it seems more often than not they used a new master (older Mania's lack a logo branding in the corner, for example). Maybe they just did re-masters for shows where the Anthology versions were awful (again, the older Mania's - too many missing themes).

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
As soon as I saw Mania XI was a shade under 2.5 hours I knew they must have cut the SnP performance... and they did.

Brooklyn 99 got me all pumped to hear them sing it, too.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
Mania X7 was pulled so they could re-add Badstreet USA to it (I assume). They pulled several Great American Bashes for the Slam Jam re-add yesterday, all back this morning.

Online KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
Apparently WWE sent out a survey asking fans their thoughts on new Network shows.  One of the pitches was a Dog The Bounty Hunter type show starring Steve Blackman.

BEATING.  Just have him take down the scum of America while his theme plays in the background oh shit I need a tissue now.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
Apparently WWE sent out a survey asking fans their thoughts on new Network shows.  One of the pitches was a Dog The Bounty Hunter type show starring Steve Blackman.

BEATING.  Just have him take down the scum of America while his theme plays in the background oh shit I need a tissue now.

Quote from: Meltz

--WWE has sent out a survey which asked people their interest in these proposed programming ideas for the network
Blackman's Bounties:  A reality show following Steve Blackman, who now works as a Bounty Hunter in Pennsylvania
NXT Behind the Scenes
Pros vs. Joes - WWE talent faces off against people in competitions similar to what you'd see on American Gladiators
WWE Around the World - Talent goes around the world and tries risky activities
WWE Dirty Jobs - Talent has to do different unpleasant jobs
WWE Prankdown  - Talent pranks fans
WWE Rescue - WWE wrestlers help people with personal life problems or business problems
WWE Ultimate Challenge - Scavenger hunts in different cities
Xtreme WWE Collector - A WWE fan goes all over the country looking for rare memorabilia

Like there should even be a vote...

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
    • Smart Mark Radio
Pretty sure Pros vs. Joes is copyrighted by Spike TV but I'd like to see a WWE version of American Gladiators.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

Seems like those proposed shows are set up to elicit snarky answers, so why not?

WWE Around the World - Talent goes around the world and tries risky activities
Like getting over on their own.  Starring Zack Ryder.

WWE Dirty Jobs - Talent has to do different unpleasant jobs
The Dolph Ziggler Story.

WWE Prankdown  - Talent pranks fans
"A Peek Inside WWE Creative Meetings".

WWE Ultimate Challenge - Scavenger hunts in different cities
Items To Find:
  • Evan Bourne
  • A reason to continue pushing Randy Orton at the top of the card
  • Rey Misterio's knees
  • All of Wade Barrett's former entrance themes
  • Curtis Axel's charisma
  • Good television announcers
  • A Dean Ambrose US Title defense

Offline Gert

So are you saying the Halloween Havoc '90 is only the 2 hour THE version with 6 matches instead of the full 10 match card?

Offline tony149

So are you saying the Halloween Havoc '90 is only the 2 hour THE version with 6 matches instead of the full 10 match card?

Yeah. Whether that's an oversight or something else, like damage to the master tape or it was lost by WCW, is anybody's guess. WWF One Night Only is another show that uses the home video version so there's a few like that currently on the network.

Watched some of Halloween Havoc '92 last night and noticed Rude's theme was dubbed over both times he appeared. Badstreet USA is used during the opener so it seems they already pulled the show once to fix music issues. Hopefully they'll go back again to correct Rude's theme.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
I think all of the pre-1998 KOTRs are Coliseum Video but that's fine with me - by then, they weren't chopping up shows (Survivor Series, early Rumble shows, early pre-Mania VIII shows) to keep them shorter for the tape. They were actually adding backstage segments.

Also, good work Spiff.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
    • My YouTube Channel with over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos
It appears Meng's 1st WCW theme has been overdubbed by the wider known Faces of Fear tune.
Check out my YouTube page for over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMonsoonClassic/videos

Offline landy1987

Mania X-7 is back on with Badstreet USA and even Don't Go Messin with a Country Boy in tact! So I guess that's suddenly OK to use again and hopefully they'll re-edit all the other shows with that song on

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
landy was I imagining things or did they mute out Gene calling Iron Sheik a former WWF champion (this occurs as Quake is walking to the ring which led to some confusion when my cousin and I were watching live 13 years ago)? I was only checking on the theme status and didn't hear it, just silence.

I used to hate that music they used for DGMWACB but then I heard it on Parks and Rec and have been ok with it.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
So... Blackman's Bounties already exists and has been filmed? Holy shit.

Show loose women what I'm workin' with.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
I didn't notice this but someone else did, so good for them:

ECW PPVs (including Barely Legal and the last one, Guilty As Charged 2001) were briefly removed from the Network a few days ago and went back up without bleeps over the profanity (which WWE had put in for when the shows aired on the old Classics On Demand channel).

Offline landy1987

landy was I imagining things or did they mute out Gene calling Iron Sheik a former WWF champion (this occurs as Quake is walking to the ring which led to some confusion when my cousin and I were watching live 13 years ago)? I was only checking on the theme status and didn't hear it, just silence.

I used to hate that music they used for DGMWACB but then I heard it on Parks and Rec and have been ok with it.

Yeah it was like that before also, I guess they used the Anthology or CoD audio that they had edited when they had to mute all the WWFs, although I'm sure they've kept Heenan's audio now where he refers to Slaughter as a former WWF champion.

I've noticed this been similar on a lot of the PPVs where most of the WWF mentions in commentary are muted out but not on interviews or an on camera with the announcers where you can see the person actually say WWF. E.g. Rumble 97 and Survivor Series 98 are like this and I know several others are too

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
I forget what I was watching (probably KOTR 93) but I thought I heard them mute a WWF too... but just one. The Mania X7 just struck me as particularly odd since that is a master (Snickers advertising in tact being the clue) that had never been used on any release.