Author Topic: The WWE.com Legacy Thread  (Read 49708 times)

Description:

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
The WWE.com Legacy Thread
« on: April 03, 2009, 02:29:40 PM »
Hall of Fame Month starts Monday, which leads lots of shit from people who may or may not be worthy of the HOF.

Online alkeiper

• Welcoming our new insect overlords
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 12:07:24 AM »
Thank god Wrestlemania month is over.  I think those matches have become way too overexposed thanks to 24/7 programming and the Anthology set.  There's literally nothing new that can be shown.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 03:14:31 AM »
Despite having an account there for years, I just NOW began watching all of this stuff so the Mania month had almost no effect on me. I've been marathoning Raw like a mad-man and once I'm caught up on that, I'll watch other specials, then finally get into the individual matches... wherever they chose to archive those (there were a lot of matches from the foreign month I wanted to watch).

URL detective Landy already posted some links on TOTSM.

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 07:54:04 AM »
I'm noticing a repeat or two, as well as a couple of real clunkers, but overall I like this week's update.

Raw: Episode 78  September 19, 1994   |   Approx. run time: 45 mins.  About five episodes ago on King’s Court, Jerry Lawler insulted Duke “The Dumpster” Droese and thought he had the last laugh. He’ll find out on Raw as he faces Duke in one-on-one competition. Plus Vince McMahon interviews Bob Backlund to get his explanation for snapping on Bret Hart. You won’t want to miss what Backlund has to say!

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 46  July 19, 1987   |   Approx. run time: 42 mins.  Three of the most threatening tag teams in WWE are in action this week on Wrestling Challenge. Kamala & Sika, The New Dream Team and the Can-Am Connection all compete. Plus, we get the first video footage of Bam Bam Bigelow. Will he announce which manager will represent him?

Legacy of the Intercontinental Championship: Part XXII  April 1, 2009   |   Approx. run time: 41 mins.  Jeff Jarrett better not be too cocky because anyone can pull a major upset in WWE! Unfortunately, Double J doesn’t learn this lesson. On this edition, we focus on Jarrett’s battles with Aldo Montoya and Bob Sparky-Plug Holly. Catch all 22 parts of this exclusive WWE.com Legacy series in the Intercontinental Title section. There’s more than 20 hours of Intercontinental Title defenses at your fingertips.

Lou Thesz vs. Antonino Rocca  June 13, 2008   |   Approx. run time: 15 mins.  WWE.com Legacy dug into the archives to find a match with the multi time NWA World Champion Lou Thesz as he faces one of the most acrobatic stars to ever grace a WWE ring, Hall of Famer, Antonino Rocca. This is truly a gem only found right here on WWE.com Legacy.

(This is actually one fall of a two out of three fall match that took place May 10, 1963.  Don't ask me why they only have one fall in the archive.)

WrestleMania 2 - Battle Royal  April 7, 1986   |   Approx. run time: 17 mins.  At WrestleMania 2, several NFL football players decided to see if the could hold their own with the WWE Superstars in a Battle Royal. The likes of William "Refrigerator" Perry, Bill Fralic and Russ Francis did an admirable job, but in the end it was the master of the Battle Royal that came out on top - WWE Hall of Famer, Andre the Giant.

WCW Saturday Night - Ricky Steamboat vs. Ric Flair  May 14, 1994   |   Approx. run time: 39 mins.  WWE.com Legacy brings to you another epic chapter in the rivalry between Ric Flair and Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat. This showdown is for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. While this was years after their initial matches, these two Hall of Famers still put on a wrestling clinic!

(I'm pretty sure this was their last singles matches against each other.  This is the rematch from Spring Stampede.)

Madison Square Garden - Big John Studd vs. Akeem  February 20, 1989   |   Approx. run time: 10 mins. Akeem and Big John Studd square off in Madison Square Garden to determine who the better big man is. Not only is each man’s pride on the line but imagine how the rabid MSG crowd will erupt if either Superstar can bodyslam the other?

Houston - Sherri Martel vs. Fabulous Moolah  July 24, 1987   |   Approx. run time: 12 mins.  The Fabulous Moolah’s success spanned decades, but in the late ’80s, it seemed as though an up and coming lady in WWE had her number. Moolah was set to defend the Women’s Championship against Sherri Martel. Take a look and see if a new Women’s Champion would be crowned.

Wrestling at the Chase - Hulk Hogan vs. Gilbert Guerrero  January 24, 1984   |   Approx. run time: 3 mins.  Hulkamania had just begun in WWE, and this is the very first televised singles match Hulk Hogan competed in after his return. This match has rarely been seen, but can now live forever in the archives.

King of the Ring - "Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs. Jake Roberts  June 23, 1996   |   Approx. run time: 9 mins.  Celebrate “Stone Cold” Steve Austin’s Hall of Fame induction by reliving one of his first major accomplishments in WWE. Austin faced Jake Roberts in the finals to be named the 1996 King of the Ring. The victory was important, but Austin’s coronation on the other hand made history.

Madison Square Garden - Gorilla Monsoon vs. Lou Albano  June 30, 1973   |   Approx. run time: 6 mins.  It’s a battle of Hall of Famers as Gorilla Monsoon faces Captain Lou Albano in Madison Square Garden. Both men had exceptional winning records but only one man will have his arm raised. Find out who that is in this gem!

Philadelphia - Andre the Giant vs. Killer Khan  November 14, 1981   |   Approx. run time: 12 mins.  Killer Khan did the impossible by breaking Andre the Giant’s ankle. In one of the most anticipated matches of 1981, they met in a Mongolian Stretcher Match. Did Andre get retribution on the Mongolian monster?

WCW Saturday Night - Paul Orndorff vs. The Barbarian  January 30, 1993   |   Approx. run time: 5 mins.  When it comes to Paul Orndorff, most of his matches on WWE.com Legacy have been from WWE. This time, we look at his success over in WCW. The Barbarian is certainly worthy competition and it’s going to come down to the first Superstar who makes a mistake to become victorious.

Championship Wrestling - Baron Mikel Scicluna vs. Rocky Johnson  October 5, 1982   |   Approx. run time: 4 mins.  Baron Mikel Scicluna did whatever it took to get his arm raised at the end of a match. But Rocky Johnson is a little too quick for most of Baron’s games. Find out who will have the final say in being the victor in this match.

Championship Wreslting - Sgt. Slaughter Cobra Clutch Challenge  January 13, 1981   |   Approx. run time: 8 mins.  Sgt. Slaughter challenged anyone to escape his cobra clutch. A young “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan accepted this challenge. Can Mr. USA break Slaughter’s clutch?

Philadelphia- Chief Jay Strongbow vs. Greg Valentine  July 21, 1979   |   Approx. run time: 14 mins.  The rivalry between Chief Jay Strongbow and Greg Valentine sold out areas across the United States. Their battles were so heated that this match became a precursor to their memorable strap matches. You won’t want to miss this fantastic match!

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 08:07:11 AM »
I see some HOFer double dipping there, but not bad. I'm looking forward to Superstars starting up (I recall MM831 mentioning it was brought up on the message board as airing).

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 08:11:20 AM »
Superstars is supposed to start next week.

Online alkeiper

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 08:34:31 AM »
Valentine/Strongbow is a good ***1/2.  Those two had really good chemistry.

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 08:52:03 AM »
Next week's videos courtesy of the wwe.com legacy forum on the WWE Universe.

Well let me give you some information on next weeks videos!

-We will debut Superstars from 1990.  Definitely tell your friends that this is re-airing, they won't want to miss out on seeing this show again!
-ECW Legacy features Hall of Famers that competed in the world of extreme.  This includes Don Muraco, Terry Funk and Eddie Guerrero to name a few.
-Jimmy Hart antics on TNT.
-Junk Yard Dog vs. King Kong Bundy
-Billy Graham vs. Bruno Sammartino
-Pat Patterson vs. Bob Backlund - Cage Match
-The Wild Samoans vs. Rick Martel/Rene Goulet for the vacant tag team championship
-Tito Santana vs. Bob Orton from Madison Square Garden

And tons of more videos!

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
    • My YouTube Channel with over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 09:36:26 AM »
n/m
Check out my YouTube page for over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMonsoonClassic/videos

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 09:38:55 AM »
WCW Saturday Night - Ricky Steamboat vs. Ric Flair  May 14, 1994   |   Approx. run time: 39 mins.  WWE.com Legacy brings to you another epic chapter in the rivalry between Ric Flair and Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat. This showdown is for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. While this was years after their initial matches, these two Hall of Famers still put on a wrestling clinic!

(I'm pretty sure this was their last singles matches against each other.  This is the rematch from Spring Stampede.)

FWIW, Steamboat/Flair went on to have another more match in July of 1994 as part of the Main Event show on TBS.  I believe Austin and Sherri were both in Flair's corner.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 10:54:28 AM »
This probably goes without saying, but 123 Kid vs. Shawn Michaels on Raw 42 is pretty great.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 10:07:33 PM »
I'm normally pretty patient with this stuff (mostly because there is so much I haven't even watched yet), but if one of you Hackmasters can find the early link for Superstars, that would be swell.

Offline zio

• Bleed Philly
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 05:32:19 AM »
I really like this Legacy thing.  I save all the links into folders and organize it and copy and paste results so it's amost impossible for me to get confused as to what show is what, etc.  I save a lot of the classic matches as well and put them into their separate categories.  I basically include all the shows I have saved on my computer as part of my collection.

There's the awesome Summerslam Spectacular from 1993 featuring the great steel cage match between the Steiners and Money Inc.  I could watch that show over and over again.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 05:37:14 AM »
I see landy cracked the URLs for Monday's update... EXCEPT Superstars.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 08:03:13 AM »
Wow, they put up Superstars today and I didn't realize how far into 1990 they'd be starting the show - December! It's only a few months off from when I started watching, so this will be a nice trip down memory lane. Coffin lockings, Snake squashings.... oh this will be great.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 09:08:00 AM »
I really like this Legacy thing.  I save all the links into folders and organize it and copy and paste results so it's amost impossible for me to get confused as to what show is what, etc.  I save a lot of the classic matches as well and put them into their separate categories.  I basically include all the shows I have saved on my computer as part of my collection.

There's the awesome Summerslam Spectacular from 1993 featuring the great steel cage match between the Steiners and Money Inc.  I could watch that show over and over again.

One of these days, I'll add the listings to all the specials aired on Legacy on the ol archive back on TOTSM.  But that sounds exhausting.  And I know once I start, I'll make myself finish and by that time I'll look like "Double Cross Eyed Jim Doogan" as Sheiky would say. 

And yeah, the SumSlamSpect from 93 was awesome.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 10:28:42 AM »
Haha, I had never heard a Barbarian promo before. "This is the body all the women love and all the men hate!".

Online alkeiper

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 02:05:57 AM »
They updated early as all the new videos are listed on the site.  I'm determined to plow through them all and provide thoughts.

Thesz/Rocca I've seen before and commented.  Unfortunately this is both men pretty well past their primes.  Still some good stuff.  As a Dean Malenko mark, I probably would've been a fair Thesz fan in the 50s. 

The Cobra Clutch challenge was most notable for displaying Sarge's promo skills.  Tremendous crowd heat there. 

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 02:13:24 AM »
I like how the Superstars music is a remixed version of the Ultimate Warrior theme.

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 12:41:03 AM »
Madison Square Garden - Harley Race vs. Bob BacklundSeptember 22, 1980   |   Approx. run time: 40 mins.

Fuck yes!  Watching this now!

Online alkeiper

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 01:11:00 AM »
I caught that yesterday.  Backlund spends an inordinate time working the headlock spot.  I like Race's hair and tight pulling, and Backlund's growing frustration at it.  The match picked up at the end, but just went on too long without much action.

Sabu vs. Mr JL.  Shame they don't seem to have much of the Original Sheik in their video library.  You know what would have made this match good?  Selling.  Innovative spots are nice, but they age badly if there is no substance behind them.  I have a feeling fans 10-20 years from now are going to look at Sabu and wonder what the hell the hype was all about.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 01:27:20 AM »
I love how in January 94 on Raw, they had Lord Al doing they deadly serious "Next week..." video packages for the feature bout.

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 01:30:09 AM »
Backlund-Race, while good, was very disappointing.  Twenty minutes for the headlock, although it's worked smartly, and I fucking hate the finish.  35:41 for a DQ?  Why not just go the full hour at that point?

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 01:58:48 AM »
April 2009's ECW Legacy Lineup:

1.  10/1/1993 (aired 10/12/1993):  Abdullah the Butcher/J.T. Smith/Terry Funk vs. Kevin Sullivan/Don Muraco/Jimmy Snuka
2.  2/5/1994:  Jimmy Snuka vs. Tommy Dreamer
3.  4/8/1995:  ECW TV Champion 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Eddy Guerrero
4.  11/16/1996:  Shane Douglas/Brian Lee vs. Tommy Dreamer/Terry Funk
5.  8/17/1997:  Tommy Dreamer vs. Jerry Lawler (joined in progress)
6.  9/16/1995:  Steve Austin's first ECW appearance (Steveamania is running wild)
7.  12/9/1995:  ECW World Champion Mikey Whipwreck vs. The Sandman vs. Steve Austin

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 02:03:46 AM »
I love how in January 94 on Raw, they had Lord Al doing they deadly serious "Next week..." video packages for the feature bout.

I love those spots

Bum bum bum bah bum
Lex Luger!  Made in the USA is looking to rebound from a WrestleMania X disappointment
Bum bum bum bah bum
The Model!  Rick Martel wants to show Lex Luger what arrogance is all about
Lex Luger faces The Model . . . Next Week on Monday Night Raw!
Bum bum bum bah bum

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 02:11:15 AM »
In my memory, all of those being done by a never seen VO man, so it's funny to see them being done by Mean Gene in 93 and now Alfred Hayes. There were some done by Pettengill that also 'sounded right' to my memory, but it's definitely weird to hear Lord Al discuss the blood feud between Bastion Booger and Bam Bam Bigelow.

On that note, all of the videos suddenly stopped working for me as I'm greeted by "Ready" with nothing happening. Hopefully this resolves itself.

Online alkeiper

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 02:26:14 AM »
Backlund-Race, while good, was very disappointing.  Twenty minutes for the headlock, although it's worked smartly, and I fucking hate the finish.  35:41 for a DQ?  Why not just go the full hour at that point?
On television they aired Shea Stadium bouts in its place.  They likely had a strict time requirement to fill.

Online alkeiper

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009, 02:54:15 AM »
Rocky Johnson v Baron Scicluna - For as past his prime as he was, Baron wasn't a bad worker at all.  Certainly not someone you'd rush into your HOF, but he was adequate.  Rocky Johnson I never really got the love for.  *1/2

Barbarian v Paul Orndorff - Started hot, but kind of tailed off.  Acceptable tv match, but Orndorff has to have better matches on his resume than this.  *1/2

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2009, 03:08:05 AM »

Now that I know that plus the fact that there's no commentary, I'll be in no hurry to watch this . . . well, maybe the last few minutes.  I just don't have the attention span to sit through a 20 minute headlock.  Closest I could go was watching Studd's 8 minute facelock on Andre the Giant in Philly.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2009, 03:11:48 AM »
I noticed that in re-posting Thesz vs. Rocca, they spelled Lou's name right this time.

Online alkeiper

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2009, 02:23:02 AM »
Hulk Hogan vs Gilbert Guerrero - Just a squash.  Seeing the crowd light up the instant Hogan appeared though shows what gold WWE really had with this guy. 

Matches I'd seen previously

Backlund-Patterson.  This is a great cage match.  Definitely check it out, and just think that if Patterson was this good at the end of his career, how good was he in the 1960s?

Andre-Khan.  This is how you do a babyface revenge match.  Only flaw was the stretcher.  If Andre couldn't fit on it, how the heck was Khan supposed to win the match?

Sammartino-Kowalski.  Pretty dull except for Bruno's comeback.  These two had to have better matches a decade prior.  Kowalski was far past his prime here, and Sammartino was never an elite worker.

Wrestlemania 2 Battle Royal.  Good fun really.  No real drama but the Fridge/Studd encounter is classic.

Flair/Steamboat (WCW Saturday Night).  Forget if this was on 24/7 or a dvd.  Check it out though, this is another great one.

Monsoon-Albano.  Not much of a match, though Monsoon beating up the Captain is good fun.

Online alkeiper

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 03:02:02 PM »
Great add this week.  The entire IC Tournament from 1990 is available in one episode.

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 03:12:23 PM »
They've got the Moolah-Richter "screwjob" match up this week, and now I know why it's rarely aired anywhere in its entirety.  The MSG crowd actually starts chanting "Moolah" in the first two minutes of the match, but we're supposed to think Ventura and Monsoon had no clue?

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 07:09:49 AM »
I was surprised to see that on Superstars, Mooney just casually throws out that Demolition is down to just two members so they sought out the services of Mr. Fuji. It's not the fact they had no angle for this that surprised me, but the fact they even bothered to mention it. I figured it was always just "one of those things" that happened and no one ever said anything about.

Online alkeiper

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 08:51:58 AM »
Richter-Moolah was a hell of a sloppy screwjob.  Amazing Vince got away with it.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 01:27:33 PM »
Capt Lou Albano referencing Dr Rodney Puhpufnik on Raw 79 had me marking out.  Was he the gynecologist or was that Dr Eastgaven?

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2009, 03:30:17 PM »
I was surprised to see that on Superstars, Mooney just casually throws out that Demolition is down to just two members so they sought out the services of Mr. Fuji. It's not the fact they had no angle for this that surprised me, but the fact they even bothered to mention it. I figured it was always just "one of those things" that happened and no one ever said anything about.

I believe a few weeks prior, Demolition rejoined Fuji when they ran in on a LOD/Orient Express match.  Unless, you were referring to Ax leaving, then yeah it was just one of those things.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »
It was a reference to Ax, yes.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2009, 03:00:09 AM »
Just finished watching ECW Legacy and I'm really quite confused over WWE's guidelines.  Granted this was TV-14 so maybe that had something to do w/ these bulletpoints:

- Profanity by the wrestlers/announcers is a no-no (Douglas get beeped out on the mic)
- Profanity by the crowd is A-ok ("Fuck him up Terry, fuck him up!")
- Woman can be shown (During the Sandman/Austin match)
- Man-on-woman violence is ok as long as the woman initiates it (Francine tries to attack Dreamer but is atomic dropped)
- Man-on-woman violence w/o the woman starting it is paused (Beulah being headbutted by Lee and suplexed by Douglas is paused)

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2009, 04:01:38 AM »
W/r/t Woman, I know she returned to being on Classics very shortly after it all going down. I don't even know if they removed her outside of her and Benoit being excised from the same shot, to be honest. I haven't watched any of the ECW Legacy stuff, but on Classics, it has a disclaimer before it which I assume lets them get away with a bit more (Francine was wearing a hell of a swimsuit during a promo where her and Douglas were on the beach).

One thing that really annoys me when it comes to Classics vs. Legacy is - and perhaps they just aired this way - there is a scant few Raws that have an "Update" segment or a PPV run down when aired on Legacy. The episodes I've been watching recently seem to have missing video packages for King of the Ring. On the flip side, the episode of Prime Time I just watched on Classics shows the same promo for WrestleMania IV three times (a totally 80s looking animated promo with the slot machine cycling to hit "WrestleMania IV") and it even contains a 1-800 number that probably no longer exists (what the hell is "Tele-tron"?). I was happy to see Superstars retained PPV hype.

Online alkeiper

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2009, 01:21:38 PM »
Douglas likely might've been bleeped on the original episodes, no?

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2009, 01:24:33 PM »
Probably, since most of these episodes aired on stations that followed FCC regulations even at 2am.  Depends on if they're using the TV version or the master unedited version to get the clips, really.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2009, 01:55:06 PM »
The Douglas match was from N2R 96.  Not sure if that makes a difference as it was probably aired on Hardcore TV anyway.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2009, 07:51:08 AM »
AWA - Jerry Lawler vs. Samoan Joe
February 27, 1988   |   Approx. run time: 6 mins.
Catch Jerry “The King” Lawler competing in AWA action. His opponent Samoa Joe is a relatively unknown, but it doesn’t mean Lawler isn’t going to be challenged. Can the Hall of Famer defeat this wild Samoan?

Haha, nice typo (and poor grammar!) by Styles and crew on that one. Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair (where Bret wins the belt) is finally available in 750k now as well.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2009, 08:22:43 AM »
Bah, they've since fixed it.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2009, 08:40:38 AM »
The Owen Hart squash on Raw 81 (the most recent one) was a little bizarre for if no other reason than hearing Vince and a hoarse Randy Savage go through every current (at the time) pop culture newsbit and incorporate wrestlers.  I mean they do it all the time but usually limit it to 1-2 bits/match.  They practically went through that week's Enquirer and touched on every article at 60mph.

I caught something about Jack Tunney on Letterman and Bull Nakano doing whatever on some show.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2009, 08:43:34 AM »
I suspect that's the Raw that aired on 24/7 in January then. I believe that one opened with Luger vs. Bigelow (which I can see is the featured match for this one).

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2009, 09:05:24 AM »
That would likely be the one.  Vince subtly notes that it's Columbus Day about 12,498 times.

Online alkeiper

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2009, 01:15:35 PM »
Is anyone else having trouble accessing videos.  I keep getting a message saying "You can not access the selected content without purchasing it first."

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2009, 01:23:24 PM »
Checked a few and no problems.  You double checked and made sure your subscription didn't lapse, I'd assume.