Author Topic: Jumbo soft pretzels  (Read 1054 times)

Description:

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
Jumbo soft pretzels
« on: July 07, 2009, 06:10:42 PM »
When I was in Spokane I was hooked on Pretzel time, but I also like Wetzles and Aunties and probably any national brand. But up here we have none of those. The local places are ok ONLY if you get the cheese with the pretzel. On their own they don't hold up, where as a pretzel from Pretzel time was great without cheese. But then I got hooked on the SUPER PRETZELS they sell at the grocery store. A couple minutes in the over and microwave some fritos cheese sauce and yum yum.

So what pretzel places do YOU like? And anyone got some better suggestions for bake at home ones? Specifically for the cheese?
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Jumbo soft pretzels
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 06:55:39 PM »
7-11 here used to have a "Pizza Pretzel" which basically just amounted to it being a soft pretzel with infused pizza sauce and some sort of spice (oregano?). I would sometimes pick one up after work and heat it up in the microwave, but for whatever reason it seems everything my local 7-11 sells (except for the stuff I can't stand, which is most of it) in the sandwich section are LTOs.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
Jumbo soft pretzels
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 08:00:40 PM »
I wish we had a 7-11. You know what I forgot to mention in my original post? Preztle dog. Whoever discovered that Pretzel plus hotdog = teh yum should be cannonized, because they are a genius. No where up here to get a pretzel dog, but whenever I'm in the lessor 48 and find a wetzels or whatnot I gorge on those things.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline The Real DXP

• daileyxplanet
    • TrevorTwitter
Jumbo soft pretzels
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 10:58:32 PM »
Wetzel's is probably the best. You get a lot for a little. It makes a great lunch while shopping.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

Jumbo soft pretzels
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 11:26:09 AM »
I spent my senior year of high school and my entire college career working at an Auntie Anne's.

Hated it. The stuff tastes great. They have very high standards (corporate speaking) to ensure everything is fresh at all times but  I guess it varies on if the individual stores enforce it (mine did).

The problem is the things are "SO GOOD" that everyone in the mall had to stop by and get one.

Store owners didn't share profits as much as they could have. They were more worried about writing people up for that crumb I missed cleaning the night before.

I've seen some pretty lousy stores though. They sent me once during spring break to an out of state tourist spot store to help with moving the crowds since I was the best 'roller' they had (despite my extreme cleaning deficiencies leaving a crumb here and there on the counter).

But yeah their recipes and standards are top notch. As much as I hated that job I can say that if I go to my old store and buy something I can trust the stuff to be fresh clean and safe. And corporate is pretty good about sending an inspector on a regular basis and we'd usually get 97/100 on our rating, usually due to an oversight like not having properly rotated soda syrup or something stupid.

I'd trust an AA store if I ran into one I guess. Granted I quit in January 2004 and haven't touched a pretzel since.

Offline Kinetic

• Kinetic
Jumbo soft pretzels
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 05:47:18 PM »
On the rare occasion that I eat one of these things, I get it heavily salted and then dip it in mustard.  It's delicious for a while, but the salt eventually becomes so overwhelming that I have to gag and cry my way through the last quarter of the thing*.  I come away from the experience feeling like I've been tortured.  Still, you have to get them with a lot of salt.  Otherwise it's just bread, and who the hell wants that?

*no homo

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
Jumbo soft pretzels
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 05:50:41 PM »
I used to eat Jumbo Pretzels all the time as a kid, and then re-fell in love with them as an adult once I actually started using the salt packs that came with it.
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com