Author Topic: The MMA Article Thread  (Read 3394 times)

Description:

Offline Lord of The Curry

Re: The MMA Article Thread
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2016, 03:19:11 AM »
Awesome, awesome article but I'm not too keen that he gave domestic abuser Rory Markham and pedophile Hermes Franca a venue to talk. Fuck both those dudes.

Offline Fan of Sports with Integrity

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2016, 12:07:30 PM »
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/15/12735334/andy-ogle-has-his-share-of-what-if-s-but-onto-next-chapter-as-a

Never cared for him as a fighter, but it's awesome that he is real about the UFC  and enjoys his work.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2016, 06:06:32 AM »
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/The-toughest-cop-thats-not-allowed-to-help-us:2615053

you're damn right a series of message board posts is a great article. There are even references to crooked NYC stop and frisk programs, this story has it all!

SG: Same thing as Schoolcraft. The first time I overslept roll call, I woke up with officers illegally in my apartment. Like Schoolcraft, they seized my service weapon and put me on desk duty. Keep in mind, this is after I had already been cleared medically, and had been doing regular patrol again without incident. I had actually rescued several small children and also arrested a very dangerous pimp/rapist/human trafficker in the brief time between fighting in the UFC and being put on desk duty.

KJ: So they have kept you on desk duty, ever since you fought in the UFC over a decade ago? How did they pull that off?

SG: It wasn't easy, I've been fighting them the whole time, but they've spent over a million dollars of taxpayer money on lawyers and experts to "prove" I can't do the things I do every day in the dojo. And in addition to the hand to hand stuff, the VERY capable guys at the Spartan International Consulting Group (serious SWAT and FBI certified guys that are as good with guns as we are with our hands) evaluated me with simunitions, live scenarios, and electronic simulations, and I passed with flying colors.

KJ: How did you handle it?

SG: I found a way to handle it without anyone getting shot.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2017, 04:58:52 AM »

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2017, 03:41:07 AM »

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2017, 12:48:07 AM »
Like a dry-aged steak.....gotta pull back all the mold so you see the tender beef beneath it. The beef is of course not steroid-free.