Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Season 8  (Read 2674 times)

Description: A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Re: A Game of Thrones: Season 8
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2019, 01:22:58 PM »
Leaks were spot on. To call it "hot garbage"  would be a disservice to actual hot garbage.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2019, 01:29:07 PM »
Eh, I didn't hate it.  Maybe I'm making that decision based on how subpar the rest of the season was as a whole.

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2019, 01:31:14 PM »

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2019, 01:36:19 PM »
I was totally fine with it.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2019, 01:39:32 PM »
Arya's off to discover America.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2019, 01:44:52 PM »
I thought it was a good finale given the author couldnt be bothered to write anything and they had to make do.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2019, 01:45:14 PM »
I liked the season a lot. That said the finale was a retarded dumpster baby.

Offline Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2019, 01:47:14 PM »
Hopefully the books go another direction. Not that I have an issue with the way the show went. But I like the idea of having two different stories at the end.

Offline Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2019, 02:08:34 PM »
Took me way too long to realize that was Robin Arryn hanging with the other lords at the big meeting. Always a pleasure seeing Edmur’s little bitch ass get knocked back down to earth.

My main complaint is that I have an impossible time imagining that Grey Worm would just let the lords decide what’s what and give up Jon like that.

Also not sure everyone would be on board with King Bran because Tyrion says so. Not everyone should be up on all this three eyes raven stuff. And while he doesn’t consider himself a Stark anymore, he needs more of an official name and less of a nickname if he’s going to rule.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2019, 02:22:43 PM »
Grey Worm had no business surviving any of this season.

Now that I've let it settle, I still don't like it, but I knew going in this year nothing would live up to any expectations. Ah well. We'll always have Battle of the Bastards.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2019, 02:37:16 PM »
There was no way it could live up to expectations yeah. I thought all of the stuff with Jon/Tyrion/Dany was really well acted and satisfying. A number of the character endings were good as well. There were some things that didn't fully make sense and would have benefited from more time and plotting (such as more about putting bran on the throne, like pointing out how the starks and their allies essentially controlled the voting) and more to explain why Grey Worm would give up Jon and Tyrion (more about the armies outside the city perhaps) but in the end I don't think it was that big a deal.

Offline muzzington

« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2019, 02:54:09 PM »
I wish they showed Grey Worm struggling with being a solider and devoted to Dany and wanting to honour Missandei by living a peaceful life with her people and to protect them. Have her death mellow him like it broke Dany.

Maybe I got too caught up following the side characters in this series but they did make me feel like anyone could come in and impact the story.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2019, 03:08:38 PM »
Grey Worm losing his balls at a young age caused him to mentally stunt.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #213 on: May 19, 2019, 03:19:26 PM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-will-george-rr-martin-final-game-of-thrones-books-end-60-minutes-2019-04-15/

Anderson Cooper: When it clear they were catching up, you told them over-- a kind of an overarching future of where you saw the-- the last two books going in terms of plot?

George R.R. Martin: Yes. And, you know, the major beats. I mean, obviously, we're talking here about a-- several days of story conferences taking place in my home in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
---

He also says his ending won't be too different. Not that he will finish it but there ya go.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #214 on: May 19, 2019, 03:42:00 PM »
Why would Sansa think the north wouldn’t kneel to Bran as King when he’s a Stark?

DTF

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2019, 03:48:17 PM »
Why would Sansa think the north wouldn’t kneel to Bran as King when he’s a Stark?

because she really wanted to be queen.

Offline geniusMoment

• Trailer Park Supervisor
« Reply #216 on: May 19, 2019, 04:28:17 PM »
Wow, didn't like the finale at all.  Of all the dumb plot points this season thinking that Grey Worm and the Unsullied wouldn't immediately kill Jon after killing Dany might be the dumbest. 

I get that they wanted to give Jon his "happy ending" of leading the free folk past the wall, but there had to have been a better way to get him out of there.  I will say at least they didn't just stick him at the Night's Watch without giving away that he wasn't staying and was going to live with the free folk (probably the only place he could be happy again at this point).

Also, the whole committee of the houses was just a terrible scene, and such an anti-climatic way to create a new leader.  Just horrible.

Randy!

Offline Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #217 on: Today at 12:46:43 AM »

because she really wanted to be queen.

I mean...yeah. Doesn’t overly feel too happy. She has no family or Brienne up there with her. Just a bunch of faceless northern.