Author Topic: Chick-Fil-A  (Read 3307 times)

Description:

Offline Epic by Faith No More

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
Chick-Fil-A
« on: October 05, 2015, 04:39:35 AM »
So Chick-fil-A opened its first official storefront here in NYC this past weekend (there's one on the NYU campus but that doesn't count!) and the line still stretches out for blocks. I only had Chick-Fil-A once in my life and that was during a road trip to Philly back in '09. I remember it just tasting like standard fast food chicken. What are your thoughts on the food? Are you morally opposed to eating there knowing that the CEO is an uber Christian who loates the LGBT community?

Online AA484

• CXF Writer
Re: Chick-Fil-A
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 04:58:32 AM »
We have at least half a dozen Chick-Fil-A's here in Raleigh and whenever they open a new one the line still stretches around the block.  It's a decent alternative to the usual fast food fare and the customer service is, for the most part, much more friendly and cordial than other establishments.  It's worth a try if you've never had it but it's nothing to really write home about.

On a related note, does NYC have a Bojangle's yet?  Do you northerners even know what one is?

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 06:50:32 AM »
I like the food and the nice employees in Chick-Fil-A. But if I drive another 100 yards we have a "Raisin' Canes" which is a Baton Rouge based chicken finger place. The food there is a lot more limited, but what they do have is outstanding. And I have less internal guilt eating it.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 08:30:42 AM »
I've had Chick-fil-A a couple dozen times in my life and I do like it, but I've never understood why there's so much hype around it. I've always felt their chicken sandwiches were only slightly better than what you'd get at KFC.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 09:14:48 AM »
It's the hate. The hate makes everything taste better. It's better than barbecue sauce.

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 09:28:53 AM »
It's the Chick-Fil-A sauce. Can't get that anywhere else I know of.

As for this...

Are you morally opposed to eating there knowing that the CEO is an uber Christian who loates the LGBT community?

Quite a lot of what you, me, and anyone else owns is built or manufactured by people on slave wages. I find that far more egregious, given that the system of building those things ensures that certain countries will have problems with poverty forever.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 09:33:37 AM »
It is pretty good, but I like PDQ better.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 10:51:28 AM »
Chik-Fil-A is one of those places that is solid enough.  I never really went out of my way but I enjoyed it.  I stopped going for a while when all the LGBT stuff became public because even though every company has their skeletons, I figured if it is something public, then I should just stay away.  Then my lesbian friend wanted me to go with her all the time.  Seeing I ate with her and she didn't start to disappear, and she actively seeks it out herself, I've gone more often again.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Avid TOXIE Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 10:51:17 PM »
I've eaten there once and found it to be on par with Wendy's more "premium" chicken sandwiches. Take that as you will.

Are you morally opposed to eating there knowing that the CEO is an uber Christian who loates the LGBT community?

Quite a lot of what you, me, and anyone else owns is built or manufactured by people on slave wages. I find that far more egregious, given that the system of building those things ensures that certain countries will have problems with poverty forever.
There's no way to say this without sounding like a total first world dick, but I can at least do something about a local (globally) business that preaches policies and standards I find myself at odds with morally.

Maybe the real deep state was the friends we made along the way.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 02:36:36 PM »
So the aforementioned Chick-Fil-A has been closed for the last few weeks because they failed health inspection. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 02:58:40 PM »
Locally it's not available in the drive-thru but if you dine in there's a family meal of 20 nuggets, two large fries, and two large drinks (Plus some # of sauces) for like $20. And they serve you at your table.

I was impressed.

Online AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 03:32:59 PM »
So the aforementioned Chick-Fil-A has been closed for the last few weeks because they failed health inspection. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Wow, usually they are on point with that kind of shit.

• Admin
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 03:34:10 PM »
Apparently not when you staff it with a bunch of NYC libcucks

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Fan of Sports with Integrity

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 04:35:17 PM »
The homophobia is what keeps the stores clean.

Offline Avid TOXIE Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 10:47:45 AM »
Don't want the gay germs nutting it up for the common straight folk!

Maybe the real deep state was the friends we made along the way.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 05:02:28 PM »
Chick-Fil-A's greatest problem is being closed on Sundays. Take a guess at what day I have a hankering for it most often!

Offline fazzle

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2016, 12:52:55 PM »
I'd like to find out if their Monday sales are huge, due to everyone that was craving it on Sunday coming in.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 03:08:05 AM »
Because one establishment simply isn't enough, they opened another Chick-Fil-A about 10 blocks from the first one. It's madness!

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 06:07:02 AM »
Sadly, my area could use another one.  The double drive through is consistently backed out of the parking lot and at least a quarter mile up the street.

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 05:16:07 AM »
They are pretty spread out around here as well.   There isn't one in my immediate area period. At least not close enough to be convenient.
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2016, 08:20:23 AM »
Don't know if others saw the commercial but if you download their new app before June 11th, you get a free sandwich.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

• Admin
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 09:33:00 AM »
Raising Cane's is proven to be way better than this bullshit.

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2018, 11:13:04 AM »
Only told you about that for like 6 years my man

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2018, 11:24:37 AM »
I like Raising Canes as well. Also, a Slim Chickens just opened in my area and I have heard great things about it.
Oh Dandy...you came and you gave without taking!

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2018, 10:59:37 PM »
Man we don't get shit here in Michigan. Just a got a few Chick-Fil-A's in recent years, and I don't think any of them are stand-alone ones (i.e., not at a mall, college campus, or airport). The closest Raising Cane's to me is three hours south.

Online AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2018, 11:56:12 PM »

They have some out your way or you make it to the East Coast lately?  Of course, every state bordering NC has one but we don't, probably because we still have so many people worshiping at the altar of Chick-Fil-A and their closed on Sunday bullshit.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2018, 11:23:48 AM »
I've been kind of meh on Chick-Fil-A myself lately.  I mostly go to either PDQ, Bojangles, or Zaxby's.  Depends on what I feel like at the time.  The latter is all over the place in Florida.  Probably the most common fast food chain of any type.  There are eight around Ocala alone.

• Admin
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2018, 11:33:54 AM »

They have some out your way or you make it to the East Coast lately?  Of course, every state bordering NC has one but we don't, probably because we still have so many people worshiping at the altar of Chick-Fil-A and their closed on Sunday bullshit.

They have a few here now. Just opened one right by my house two weeks ago. It's too good.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2018, 12:01:56 PM »

100% seconded
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2018, 12:40:03 PM »

100% seconded

The Pimento Crunch is bliss.

Offline Fan of Sports with Integrity

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2018, 06:44:29 AM »
whenever I see this thread get bumped, I wish I could go to one of these:

great menu tbh

Offline Lord of The Curry

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2018, 04:38:11 AM »
Chick-Fil-A is opening up it's first Canadian location in Toronto in 2019. Should I give my money to such a virulently homophobic company?

Online AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2018, 05:06:54 AM »
Well, the owner is dead now.  Generally, the staff is very friendly and well trained so I don't mind if it a piece of my money (albeit a very small piece) goes into their pockets.

Can't really beat their Cookies and Cream milkshakes.

Offline Lord of The Curry

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2018, 05:15:45 AM »
Yeah but don't they donate a shitload of money to anti-LGBTQ companies and politicians?

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2018, 05:20:59 AM »
My last job actually did a lot of advertising work with them. A lot of my co-workers had the same problem so the company sent our office a one-sheeter ensuring us that they're not homophobic and actually contribute to good causes. A lot of people called bullshit on it.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2018, 01:24:29 PM »
I just know the minimum wage teenagers that stuff my nuggets way past capacity are awesome and are worth my time and money. None of them are spewing out hate speech. Back in my mall days we had a quid pro quo thing going on and I guess my face just radiates "hook him up" 15 years later?