Author Topic: This Week in NBA (10-27 to 11-1): All Hail King James and The Brothers Splash!  (Read 7862 times)

Description:

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
I don't think he's that bad, but he had some really ugly games.

Unless both Rondo and Rubio found their scoring touch. Which would make for some interesting times with the teams they are with.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
The Knicks picked Jimmer in the D League draft. I kind of love this.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
Don't think this small ball experiment is gonna work out for the Pacers.  Too many liabilities defensively, as Favors and Gobert just ate them up in the second half.  People like to rip on Hibbert, but he still had value because of his defense even if he wasn't scoring.  I feel like that unit deserved one more chance to make a run with PG back healthy, and that blowing it up was a knee-jerk reaction to Golden State's success last year.  But Golden State has the best backcourt in the league, and the Pacers have George Hill.
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
Every team is trying to do the small ball bullshit right now. Only the Warriors can make it work, but even still, they have two rim protectors on their team. It won't work for anyone else.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
The 50 point game thread is going needed to be bumped.

Curry has 53 with a minute left.  Can't recall seeing a 50-point game this early in the season.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
Every team is trying to do the small ball bullshit right now. Only the Warriors can make it work, but even still, they have two rim protectors on their team. It won't work for anyone else.

Yeah... I'm looking at how all the rookie bigs who have played are doing so far and if they're able to keep it up this year I'm guessing the small ball reactionaries will be going back to their old ways next season.

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
The announcers here were really talking up the PG-Gordon Heyward matchup.  Heyward is a good player, but I don't see him getting as good as PG was pre-injury.  I also thought it was weird that Vogel went with that matchup and had CJ Miles trying to guard Favors.
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline Rendclaw

• Frankly my dear... eh, you know the rest.
I watched a DVR of the Pistons/Bulls game. The fact that a team this young are 3-0 in the way they have is a little surprising. The Pistons team last year would have found a way to lose that game.

And Marcus Morris has been doing a great job at the 4. Greg who?

Offline Kamala For Kamala Harris

• CXF Writer
Going to a local sports bar/wings joint to watch Celtics/Spurs today. First full Celtics game I'll be able to watch this season and of course, it's one where they'll undoubtedly get blown out. Ah well. Least I got a $20 gift card for said sports bar and can watch the late afternoon NFL games.