Author Topic: GSP has re-signed with the UFC  (Read 6987 times)

Description:

Offline Lord of The Curry

Re: GSP is a free agent
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2016, 06:35:00 AM »
GSP/Wanderlei in Rizin.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2016, 06:54:09 AM »
This should expose to some people that there's something rotten going on in the UFC. They tried to destroy a very lucrative sponsorship of his and refused to compensate him anything for it.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2016, 07:16:55 AM »
Good for him. He knows his value and it certainly isn't Reebok uniform scraps.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2016, 07:29:14 AM »
Bellator needs to throw a million dollars at GSP and go for PPV again.

DTF

• Admin
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2016, 07:32:25 AM »
It would have to be a lot more than a million.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2016, 08:52:27 AM »
And Dana says he was never any good in 3..2..1...
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

Offline The King of Trash

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2016, 09:00:57 AM »
"He is the best promoter in the world...when he says something everyone believes it, thats how good he is" @GeorgesStPierre  on @danawhite

"There's only one person who knows if I'm ready to fight, and that's myself. Dana White isn't a fighter." "Dana White doesn't know what it is to be a fighter. I know what it is to be a fighter." - GSP on MMAHour #UFC #UFC206

GSP on MMA Hour: "I've never been afraid to stand for what I believe is right. For my situation I have no choice. It's not personal."

• Admin
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2016, 09:04:24 AM »
It also took Lorenzo in order for Weidman to fight at UFC 205.

This whole system is going to fall apart, I wonder how long it takes.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2016, 09:05:07 AM »
Ben AskrenVerified account
‏@Benaskren
Hey @GeorgesStPierre not a lot of people to fight outside the UFC.  I'll be your huckleberry!!!

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2016, 12:05:08 PM »
Ben AskrenVerified account
‏@Benaskren
Hey @GeorgesStPierre not a lot of people to fight outside the UFC.  I'll be your huckleberry!!!

Battle of the Boring 2016!

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2016, 05:56:46 AM »
Fans watched on in shock at the MMA Hour as St-Pierre told Helwani that he was now a 'free agent' and that his contract with the UFC had been terminated. The UFC responded later in the evening stating that St-Pierre was still under a Zuffa contract, further pouring confusion on the matter.

For the minute, it would appear the matter will be destined for a messy legal battle in the courts. Meanwhile, fans, media, and fighters will again have to wait to see if we are ever to witness the former UFC welterweight champion do his thing inside the cage.

"Financially it's a ton," Cormier said, speaking about the impact of losing St-Pierre from the card
. "I know what me and Anthony did at UFC 187 numbers wise, and we made some money, but not what we would've made if Georges St-Pierre had fought. For me it's tough. I really hope they get this figured out so that the fight can be as big as UFC 200.

"I know what a big pay-per-view looks like in terms of revenue--pay-per-view revenue. So I am hoping it's going to get worked out, because, UFC 205 is going to be massive, UFC 207 is going to be massive. With Georges St-Pierre in the middle, the UFC can have three big shows back-to-back-to-back at the end of the year. I don't know if we have done that in a really long time."

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2016, 06:32:38 AM »
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/17825676/george-st-pierre-lawyers-cite-ufc-inactivity-reason-nixing-deal

"Our position is the contract is terminated," Quinn said. "I suppose they could take legal steps against that or they could offer a new contract. They have a variety of options on their side."

According to attorney Eric Hochstadt, St-Pierre has never received an actual bout agreement in 2016. The firm eventually set a 10-day deadline for the UFC to offer St-Pierre a fight. The UFC did not respond to the deadline until the final day, according to St-Pierre's side, with a "letter" that referenced a potential bout against former welterweight champion Robbie Lawler.

Lawler recently withdrew from a scheduled fight on Nov. 12 in New York.

"The UFC waited until the 11th-and-a-half hour to come back with bare bones information, that floated one fighter and nothing else," Hochstadt said. "No specifics at all in terms of fight date, venue, number of rounds. All we got, at the 11th hour, was a proposal for somebody. And as Georges said, we don't know if [Lawler is] ready and able to fight. All we know is he just pulled out of a fight.

"We were working through all the issues in play and had been squaring them away. One of them, no surprise, was the UFC has a Reebok deal that came in long after Georges' contract. We were working through those things, but ultimately, you've got to schedule a fight for your fighter. The UFC knows how to schedule fights. This is what they do every day. Send a bout agreement with all the specifics. They didn't do that here. Why they chose not to do that, I don't know."

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2016, 10:00:39 AM »
Sounds like someone at UFC just done fucked up.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2016, 11:17:44 PM »

Offline jimmy no nose

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2016, 03:32:43 PM »
Looking at that UFC 206 card, they had to be banking on GSP to sell it by himself. Almost a complete throwaway card without him. Hard to believe they didn't put more effort into making this work out.

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2016, 04:06:35 AM »
Could this be a reason for the selling of the company, because the Fertittas knew the writing was on the wall the way they were doing business?
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

• Admin
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2016, 08:38:19 AM »
Yes, I think so. They left someone else holding the bag of shit they'd prepared.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2016, 08:54:23 AM »
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/rumor-ufc-doesnt-want-to-go-to-court-with-gsp.3379669/

We've hinted at that before, these contracts are so obviously illegal that if the UFC were to go to court over them it would establish that fact in the public domain and the floodgates would open up.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2017, 01:28:19 AM »
At long last, Georges St-Pierre appears headed back to the UFC.

St-Pierre, the former UFC welterweight champion, is on the verge of signing a new multi-fight contract with the promotion, multiple sources confirmed with MMA Fighting.

After months of on-and-off negotiations, both sides have agreed to terms on a new deal, MMA Fighting has learned.

While St-Pierre's return fight has yet to be finalized, the current plan is for him to compete later this year. A return in the third quarter of 2017 is currently being targeted, sources say.

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2017, 03:18:01 AM »
Yoel Romero 'bout to lose dat title shot.

• Admin
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2017, 06:45:57 AM »
The UFC would probably much rather have him fight Tyrone, so Maia will be pushed to the back again.

Tyrone knocks GSP out btw.

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2017, 06:48:34 AM »
I'm not so sure about that. Bisping has been actively campaigning for that fight for a long time and Woodley isn't really liked by fans or Dana. I think Left Hook Larry gets the fight and I imagine GSP would prefer to fight him over Woodley.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2017, 08:51:03 AM »
I'd love seeing Bisping get the GSP fight to hear Woodley cry about not getting "money fights"

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2017, 08:56:11 AM »
It's kinda funny that people are talking about Woodley being the guy to face GSP if he wants the Welterweight title shot. GSP is fighting in Q3, Woodley is fighting a tough sonofabitch in less than a month. It's not at all a guarantee that he's holding a title by then.

They might even sandwich the Maia fight in between depending on how tough a matchup they think Woodley is for GSP. If they think Woodley is tougher than Maia is, they'll do it because they want the best possible odds for GSP to defend and cash in another big buyrate.

• Admin
Re: GSP has re-signed with the UFC
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2017, 07:03:45 AM »
He's back.

« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2017, 07:13:34 AM »
Lucky for him Anderson's legacy has taken a hit while he was away so a loss or two won't mean much.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2017, 02:17:01 PM »
Hey what do ya know Bisping is 100% now. Good cowardly heel gimmick he's got going on.

Offline MikeofEvil

• Beware of my mongooses!
    • Mike Brooks, Sci-Fi Author
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2017, 07:22:46 AM »
Hey what do ya know Bisping is 100% now. Good cowardly heel gimmick he's got going on.

Why the hell did Bisping have to be the UK's first UFC champ...?

I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2017, 03:23:26 AM »
Quote from: Ariel Helwani
On ESPN SportsCenter, Dana White says GSP will fight Michael Bisping for the middleweight title.

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2017, 03:27:59 AM »
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Offline Bladelock

• brock lock
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2017, 03:58:11 AM »
BISPING GONNA BE THE ONLY GUY TO BEAT ANDERSON AND GSP

THE TRUE GOAT

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2017, 03:59:00 AM »
I think this is Bisping's last fight. And man, if that guy retires with 3 straight over Anderson, Hendo and GSP.....shit.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2017, 11:46:58 PM »
Dana said Yoel gets next but after GSP wins, they're gonna do GSP vs Silva.

« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2017, 01:07:36 AM »
I see what you did there.

Offline jimmy no nose

« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2017, 08:30:51 AM »
On his Sirius radio show this week Bisping said Dana White told him GSP was initially pushing for a fight with Nick Diaz for his return. Dana told him it wouldn't be right for him to come back for a non-title fight and to pick which one he wanted.

• KOAB
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2017, 09:29:08 AM »
Both of them making their long awaited return against each other would've sold way more many PPVs than GSP against any champion tbh.

• Admin
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2017, 09:31:01 AM »
I bet a GSP return still sells about 800k. They should put guys like Yair and Ngannou on that card to make sure all their young talent gets maximum exposure.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2017, 12:33:53 AM »
Meltz says Bisping wants the big GSP pay day so he's "faking" a knee injury to hold off defending until November.  UFC is going to have an interim champ crowned in July

• KOAB
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2017, 04:38:50 AM »

I expect him to retire if he doesn't get the GSP fight. He's got options in Hollywood and he's done everything he's wanted to career wise since the Anderson bullshit decision went down. He can finally get that eye fixed and be a henchman in a lot of movies and shows.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2017, 05:17:58 AM »
Meltz says Bisping wants the big GSP pay day so he's "faking" a knee injury to hold off defending until November.  UFC is going to have an interim champ crowned in July

Did he come out and say that in the newsletter? I feel like he only hinted at it on the radio show.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

• Admin
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2017, 05:24:37 AM »
Well, Dana says that GSP is going to fight the welterweight champion when he returns now. I really doubt Bisping is going to be allowed to fight GSP cause he got on the UFC's bad side by refusing to save their PPV. I think he's eventually going to be stripped because there's no way he's going to fight Romero or Whittaker.