Author Topic: People wearing random ass fan gear  (Read 6535 times)

Description:

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
People wearing random ass fan gear
« on: February 04, 2016, 01:32:40 AM »
So, a few weeks back I was walking down the street and saw some dude wearing an old Sam Cassell Bucks jersey.  Much respect there.

Today, I was driving in and did a double take because a guy at a bus stop was rocking a TIM COUCH Browns jersey.

It was awesome.

I've seen a few random ass ones here, hell, I've done them myself, like when I confused the hell out of someone with my Johan Petro Sonics jersey.  Let's post in this thread when you spot a jersey or fan gear that makes you do a double take in public.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
Re: People wearing random ass fan gear
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 01:41:01 AM »
Good thread. I'm sure I've seen a bunch but I can't think of any off the top of my head right now. I'll keep a look out.

Offline Fan of Sports with Integrity

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 01:41:41 AM »
bob-barron.jpeg

Offline treble

• Truculence
  • Admin
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 02:03:13 AM »
Saw someone wearing a Manny Ramirez Rays shirsey at the grocery store once.

Offline Mayor of Flavortown

• brock lock
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 02:07:01 AM »
I saw a guy wearing a Starbury Knicks jersey at Walmart a few years ago and a dude at my gym wears a Ray Allen Heat jersey often, but other than that it's just usually Chicago merch.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 02:36:25 AM »
Saw a kid in a Greek Freak jersey at the store last week.
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 02:37:34 AM »
Saw someone wearing a Manny Ramirez Rays shirsey at the grocery store once.

I would've given that man money on that spot for that.

I ordered one myself the other day.  I had about $7 in eBay bucks that were expiring.  Was browsing and found a stitched Kris Humphries Celtics jersey.  Got it for $8 shipped  8)

I probably should post my own weird collection here but the Couch guy made me happy.
[img width=800

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 07:17:27 AM »
me.jpeg

Speaking of which, I just got this:

It's a Chad Smith A's jersey. I got it cause I like the gold and the green.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Detective Ventriloquist

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 08:32:25 AM »
I'm a big Donavan McNabb fan. I'm a Syracuse fan my entire life, and his time there was great. I wanted to own his jersey, but being a Giants fan I refuse to own anything Philadelphia related. I bought his Vikings jersey. I own a lot of jerseys and there are a bunch of random ones.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 08:34:39 AM »
I pointed this out in a thread years ago, but to this day, almost every time I go down to the mall in Indy, I see someone in a Penny Hardaway jersey.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 09:34:54 AM »
So I was texting my buddy about this stuff today and we were going back and forth. 

He is a Knicks fan so we were going to get him a Steve Francis Knicks jersey or something.  Just found and talked him into buying a Metta World Peace Knicks jersey.  And he did.  Proud of him.
[img width=800

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 09:39:30 AM »
I remember during the Summer of Q-Rich (the one where he got traded four times, including the trade that sent Z-Bo to the Grizz), a fan on the comments section of ESPN lamented that he had just gotten his Q-Rich jersey after one of his trades.

Offline Teenage Mutant King Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 10:13:53 AM »
I own a game worn Worcester Tornadoes jersey. That's the defunct Canadian-American Association of Professional Baseball (NOT AFFILIATED WITH MLB) league team that Jose Canseco bankrupted.

That's probably most notable one. I used to be a huge jersey geek. Now I just have a Shaq Magic jersey that doesn't fit and generic Vancouver Grizzlies and Boston Celtics '90s throwback Mitchell & Ness jerseys. My favorite all time jersey that I had was a Andrei Kirlenko Utah Jazz jersey from one of his early seasons when the Jazz still had their goofy ass purple jerseys from the late '90s with the cartoony mountain scene. I also had a Gilbert Arenas Wizards jersey that was a throwback in the style of an orange & black Baltimore Bullets jersey though that ones probably tainted by him being a huge sack of shit. Or it's added value to it. Dunno.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 10:18:48 AM »
I remember during the Summer of Q-Rich (the one where he got traded four times, including the trade that sent Z-Bo to the Grizz), a fan on the comments section of ESPN lamented that he had just gotten his Q-Rich jersey after one of his trades.

Just like guy who went out and got the Deandre Mavericks jersey!

I know someone did offer exchanges to everyone who got the Wiggins Cavs jersey
[img width=800

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 10:23:40 AM »
awesome thread

I've rocked my Willy Aybar jersey (SMUES!) a couple times in public and got some really strange looks from people, but nobody asked questions :D

I haven't seen a good random one in a while where I'm at.  I've got a KOBE BRYANT jersey tho, reminds me I need to rock that sooner than later in honour of his pending death.  I shall create randomness

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 10:26:20 AM »
I also have an A-Rod jersey which at the very height of the controversy I proudly wore several times just to see how people would react.  Like, I literally was expecting and inviting a fight....be it verbal or physical

• CXF Writer
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 10:57:05 AM »
We had a "Wear a Sports Jersey to Work" day at work today because...uh, I guess it's Friday before Super Bowl but no one dressed up except me and 1 or 2 people in Pats jerseys. Damn. I was hoping to report back to this thread but most of my co-workers are 50+ so I guess it's not too much of a surprise that I didn't see anyone rocking a Shaq Cavs jersey or something.

Offline #sorrynotsorry

• still fly
  • #bae
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 03:54:05 AM »
I have a Vernon Wells Angels shirsey I wear to Angels games or around Angels fans.

• CXF Writer
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 11:30:17 AM »
We had a "Wear a Sports Jersey to Work" day at work today because...uh, I guess it's Friday before Super Bowl but no one dressed up except me and 1 or 2 people in Pats jerseys. Damn. I was hoping to report back to this thread but most of my co-workers are 50+ so I guess it's not too much of a surprise that I didn't see anyone rocking a Shaq Cavs jersey or something.
This was made up for today when I saw one of my middle aged co-workers rocking a Keyshawn Johnson Carolina Panthers jersey!

YES!

Offline Chosun

• 11 Year Veteran
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 11:30:35 AM »
I've got a Mickael Pietrus Warriors jersey that my mom picked up in Paris years ago. Always enjoy wearing that one.
TSM NBA H2H Year 10 - Championship or Bust
G - Damian Lillard
G - Nicolas Batum
G - Trae Young
F - Anthony Davis
F - Kevin Durant
F - Kyle Anderson
C - Jonas Valanciunas
Util - Reggie Jackson
BN - Derrick Favors
BN - Cedi Osman
BN - Malik Monk

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 11:44:45 AM »
I've got a Mickael Pietrus Warriors jersey that my mom picked up in Paris years ago. Always enjoy wearing that one.

I miss Peaches...

This was made up for today when I saw one of my middle aged co-workers rocking a Keyshawn Johnson Carolina Panthers jersey!

YES!

When I had jobs like these, I used to be the one wearing random ass ones most of the time.  Can't remember any awesome ones from others.  Last year I wore my GRONK jersey before the Super Bowl and anyone tried picking a fight with me, I told them they had to respect the party boat on international waters
[img width=800

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 11:53:56 AM »
One of my most recent basekeball jersey purchases about 2 years ago was this Drazen Petrovic jersey:

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 11:57:52 AM »
That is sweet.  I have Drazen's Nets jersey but that is incredible
[img width=800

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2016, 12:01:24 PM »
Similar situation to getting a McNabb Vikings jersey, as a Knicks fan, I would never wear a Nets jersey, but I wanted a Drazen jersey.

Offline Epic by Faith No More

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2016, 12:30:09 PM »
Agreed, great thread.

I used to love trolling New Yorkers so I own several basketball jerseys that used to get me dirty looks. The most notable being my Paul Pierce Celtics jersey. One dude even spat on me for wearing that one once when I was in college!

I own a T-Mac Knicks jersey for the 45 seconds he was on the team, Shawn Kemp Sonics shirsey, and Alonzo Mourning Heat jersey that I got as a gift one Christmas and wore maybe twice.

I have a friend who wears an Oilers jersey pretty regularly. That's random, right? I don't even think he follows hockey.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 12:44:33 PM »

I own this one.  I bought it just because it was the 70's Hawks throwback.  SAR was nice, but I imagine a lot of people secretly wondered why I would own this jersey when I wore it.

Offline claydude14

• CXF Writer
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 12:48:22 PM »
The only one I own that would really qualify is a Darin Erstad White Sox shirsey. He was with the team for one horrible year (2007) and his poor play was a drinking game for me that summer, so I found his shirsey on ebay the next season for like $5.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2016, 12:51:18 PM »
Agreed, great thread.

I used to love troller New Yorkers so I own several basketball jerseys that used to get me dirty looks. The most notable being my Paul Pierce Celtics jersey. One dude even spat on me for wearing that one once when I was in college!

I own a T-Mac Knicks jersey for the 45 seconds he was on the team, Shawn Kemp Sonics shirsey, and Alonzo Mourning Heat jersey that I got as a gift one Christmas and wore maybe twice.

I have a friend who wears an Oilers jersey pretty regularly. That's random, right? I don't even think he follows hockey.

I used to own a Paul Pierce Team USA jersey, as well as a Jason Kidd one. They don't fit anymore since I bought them such a long time ago.

I also own an old school Teemu Selanne Winnipeg Jets and Joe Sakic Quebec Nordiques jersey.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2016, 06:43:09 AM »
I have a Vernon Wells Angels shirsey I wear to Angels games or around Angels fans.

LOL

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2016, 06:44:51 AM »
I have a Vlade Divac Kings jersey which is a couple clicks too small and I used to wear it playing ball just to distract them :)

Offline Skywarp!

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 02:58:35 AM »
I went to an Eagles game this year and saw McNabb and Vick jerseys. Like, wouldn't you quietly retire the Vick jersey once he's off the team? I think I saw some T.O. Eagles jerseys too.

I know a dude that bought a customized Allen Iverson number 3 Eagles jersey after that press conference where the Eagles presented Iverson with one and named him an honorary Eagle or some shit.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 03:03:47 AM »
I went to an Eagles game this year and saw McNabb and Vick jerseys. Like, wouldn't you quietly retire the Vick jersey once he's off the team? I think I saw some T.O. Eagles jerseys too.

I know a dude that bought a customized Allen Iverson number 3 Eagles jersey after that press conference where the Eagles presented Iverson with one and named him an honorary Eagle or some shit.

I'd wear the Iverson Eagles jersey.

I see more old jerseys from fans than current ones.  At Suns games, most people in NASH, Stoudemire, Marion jerseys than anything else.  I always hate when they try to cross out or rip names off of jerseys.  Saw some clown at a Suns game earlier in the year with cheap tape "blocking" Dragic's name.  Fuck you, loser! Dragic is better than you!

Didn't really happen the few times I went to Cardinals because most people in the past decade only get Fitzgerald jerseys, though sometimes you see a Warner or even better LEINART pop up.

Diamondbacks there is a fair group of people that wear the old colors anyway.  You see Upton stuff pop up seeing he was handed the team at 19 but not really an overwhelming guy from current era D-backs outside of Goldschmidt.

I did forget when I went to Clippers-Sixers at Staples Center seeing a guy rocking the Thad Young Sixers jersey which isn't too weird because it was Sixers but it was the newer jersey that they only had for like a year with Thad there.

I recently went on eBay trying to get an Adam Morrison Bobcats jersey but no luck...

[img width=800

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2016, 03:20:03 AM »
I have an Eliott Perry jersey and the Michael Beasley shirt I won from Baby Shoes.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 04:12:15 AM »
I'm a huge fan of the show M*A*S*H and bought a Mudhens jersey that I had personalized with the number 1 and Klinger (his name wasn't on his jersey).

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 06:06:07 AM »
This makes me want to custom make the Knicks jersey of the character played by Dwayne Schnitzius in Eddie
[img width=800

Offline CanadianGuitarist

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2016, 02:02:26 PM »
Everyone seems to find my Nmadia Asomugha jersey badass, but I'm a little prouder of the NOSBOOM. Yes, that's a Charles Woodson Raiders jersey with the nameplate on upside down; the kid in China couldn't tell because the letters were the same upside down as right side up.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2016, 04:48:31 AM »
On Friday I ran into a guy wearing a Jason Giambi Yankees jersey, which isn't random in that he was there and good for a long while but not a jersey I expect to see randomly in 2016.
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2016, 04:56:13 AM »
I found a MCW Bucks jersey shirt on eBay cheap so I am hooping in that tonight.  Hope I bring some of that hyphen swag.
[img width=800

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2016, 05:06:16 AM »
It's not really random, but a student was wearing a Drazen Petrovic jersey and had no idea who he was. I let him know, and he was like oh shit I'm gonna look him up.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2016, 05:32:05 AM »
It's not really random, but a student was wearing a Drazen Petrovic jersey and had no idea who he was. I let him know, and he was like oh shit I'm gonna look him up.

I would give you an Excellence in Education award for that
[img width=800

Offline Gert

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2016, 03:43:48 PM »
My two favorite jerseys are a Tom Chambers and Bryon Russell Jazz jerseys. I think I may have lost the Chambers one, which saddens me based on the absurdity of it.

I'm trying to figure out what current Jazz jersey to get that will be ridiculous in the future. I'm leaning towards Withey or Chris Johnson.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2016, 04:06:50 PM »
JEFF WITHEY ALL DAY

As a Jazz fan you may appreciate a few years back I got an authentic Quincy Lewis jersey.
[img width=800

Offline Gert

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2016, 01:40:29 AM »
Ah Quincy Lewis, I had high expectations that he would slide into Jeff Hornacek's spot.

Probably leaning toward Withey, but debating on Johnson since he went to Dayton.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2016, 05:52:38 AM »
Someone sent me a link to the Andrew Bynum Sixers shirt on NBAShop, now marked down to $5.  They have a free shipping code - so just ordered one.

Super tempted to get the Glen Rice Jr Wizards one that is $9 - or Gerald Henderson Bobcats.
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2016, 02:49:55 AM »
Not random in the sense that he was good for them for a while but random that I'm in 2016 Arizona and just saw some guy go by in an Alan Houston Knicks jersey.

Is that you BZ?
[img width=800

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2016, 02:59:52 AM »
I wish

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2016, 06:35:17 AM »
During the Chargers home opener there was a guy wearing a Von Miller Broncos jersey and a Cavs hat.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2016, 06:51:33 AM »
During the Chargers home opener there was a guy wearing a Von Miller Broncos jersey and a Cavs hat.

Makes more sense than this one

[img width=800

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2016, 07:10:20 AM »
I remember when the Rockies first debuted a lot of people had Rockies gear just because of the purple/black color scheme.
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2016, 07:18:55 AM »
I had a Rockies shirt as a kid, probably not long after they debuted.