Author Topic: The Bread Thread  (Read 1404 times)

Description:

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
The Bread Thread
« on: April 27, 2016, 06:32:04 AM »
how the fuck do we not have a bread thread?!

I fried a couple of sourdough bread slices with a butter/crushed garlic melange that I made (so essentially garlic bread) and threw some rosemary on in the last thirty seconds for that accoutrement to put it over the top and bAH GAWD IM DROOLING LIKE AIR BUD JUST THINKING ABOUT IT

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
Re: The Bread Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 06:33:10 AM »
Sourdough is top three for me. I know that's a big statement considering all the other contenders out there, but I stand by that.

I think Czechia likes sourdough, come in here and post about it bro.

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Lord of The Curry

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 07:25:48 AM »
I went out for dinner a few weeks ago and ordered a burger and the waitress came back and looked kinda ashamed/scared and told me that they'd run out of the onion buns they usually serve the burger on, would it be ok if I had it on rosemary focaccia bread?

WOULD IT BE OK.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 08:01:57 AM »
Any garlic bread is my favorite bread. I'd try that shit on raisin bread to test that theory as well.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 09:01:40 AM »
These fancy steakhouses in the New Orleans metro area typically start the visit off with, "our bread of the day is ....... and our butter of the day is ....... and our oils of the day are.... " (I cite this area since I'm clueless to how the rest of you do this).

Our "go to" fancy place usually has to bring a second loaf out (and third if there's more people in our party). Sometimes it's just a generic loaf of french bread.

Then there's the Outback bread. Which at this point, that's been the highlight of the meal the last 3 visits.

There's a "build your own burger" joint in Metairie that in addition to pick your meat, wellness, condiments, vegetables, there's also an extensive bun selection. There are so many damn choices! And none of them are a wrong choice (unless you choose lettuce  ;D).

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 10:33:30 AM »
Anyone else utilize "bread stores"? They're usually dressed up as "outlets" or "Thrift" shops. Bread loaves as far as the eye can see for less than a buck (even the fancier stuff). In addition to bread is a LOT of discount snack cakes and pastries with cute borderline trademark infringing names.

I parlayed an experience at the local bread store today to Facebook and quite a few of my friends/family had no idea these existed.

I found out via observation that in many locales if you go into a bread store and mention you're looking for "animal feed" it's a secret handshake/password type deal to get a 13 gallon garbage bag full of bread products that have exceeded the printed "sell by date." The customer signed a "I won't sue you for food poisoning" waiver and I didn't even see if she paid. Google tells me expect to pay $1-$5.

This is a great tool for farmers to feed their livestock, but shit you can't tell me a good bit of it isn't salvageable enough to make some custard, bread pudding, or whatever the hell. One thrift site I just read indicated they've scored bread, tortillas, chips, and cakes as "feed."

I've got my mad scientist chef friend's gears turning in his head.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 12:28:10 PM »
There is one I know of but it is still like a half an hour hike from me, so I can't remember last time I went.

You gonna have to post animal feed success stories and recipes though.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 12:31:04 PM »
I used to live next door to one so I never bought a loaf of bread at full price in like 10 years.

Since I moved there isn't one close.