Author Topic: The Exorcist on FOX  (Read 988 times)

Description:

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
The Exorcist on FOX
« on: October 16, 2016, 01:16:32 PM »
Is anyone watching The Exorcist tv show on Fox? I'm really enjoying it so far. Most of the actors are really good (Geena Davis isn't given much to do sadly although her performance is fine), the visuals are great,  and the storyline is starting to get really interesting.

Hopefully, the solid reviews are enough for Fox to keep it since the ratings are pretty bad.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Laugh this off... puddin'!
  • Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
Re: The Exorcist on FOX
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 12:50:16 AM »
I started it but stopped around the 3rd episode. Didn't see how they could extend this beyond a season, maybe 2 at the most and although it was solid the lack of a long term concept kind of put me off.

Only way I could see this going is if they tried to either do an American Horror Story style or do new priests marginally tied to the original first season characters.

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 01:40:28 AM »
I really don't know if it's even gonna even make it a season. Some sites say the 6th episode is the last, some say it's 8 episodes, and some say it's 13. Either way, I'm thinking of it more as a miniseries. Especially with

Spoiler: show
The exorcism taking place next week in episode 5

I can't see it lasting much longer than 8 episodes since the central storyline seems to be finishing up.

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 01:55:42 AM »
I have been pleasantly surprised at how good the show has been.  My biggest reservation always has been how you do this sub-genre on a series TV without it devolving into a "Exorcism of the week" type of deal.  If this ends up just being a really solid mini-series and then ends I will be completely fine with it.
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 02:09:50 AM »
I really don't know if it's even gonna even make it a season. Some sites say the 6th episode is the last, some say it's 8 episodes, and some say it's 13. Either way, I'm thinking of it more as a miniseries. Especially with

The exorcism taking place next week in episode 5

I can't see it lasting much longer than 8 episodes since the central storyline seems to be finishing up.

I dunno, I think the whole thing with the multiple murder with the organs taken is pointing towards some bigger event happening and this single possession is just the start, I'm betting the demon they exorcise teases with something about the bigger threat to come or such.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 02:23:57 PM »
So finally watched this last ep and, damn, did not see that coming....

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 02:57:48 PM »
Yeah, that was perfectly done and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

I really like the actor that plays Marcus. He's fantastic.

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 01:11:06 AM »
Yep this series is probably the best surprise of this season. Kind of reminds me when Fox dropped Wayward Pines on us in the middle of the spring/summer after having had sat on it for a couple years and it ended up being really good.
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com