Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2  (Read 2842 times)

Description:

Offline Sabre

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2018, 06:01:35 AM »
So I’ve went in blind ignoring all the reviews and only knowing that it’s a prequel to the original.

I fucking marked when I had to
Spoiler: show
save John Marsden
. Best game ever.

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2018, 06:14:32 AM »
Yeah I really like it so far. It's not an action game, definitely more role playing buts it's fun. Some clunky controls and not really explaining how to provide for the camp are my only real complaint thus far.

Offline Lord of The Curry

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2018, 03:16:04 AM »
Dumb question- how I do I feed my horse tonics for when it's tired? I had a random dude challenge me to a race last night and my horse gassed out right before the finish line, had a few stamina tonics in my satchel and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to administer them.

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2018, 04:09:28 PM »
the eating thing is driving me nuts. i'm eating like crazy and it is still saying I'm underweight and I keep getting penalized for it

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2018, 04:42:03 PM »
I took down the legendary ram. Good thing the hide is automatically legendary because it was not a clean kill.

That said, the screaming of the dying, wounded animals is very realistic and depresses my wife.
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2018, 02:41:29 AM »
I’m still early in. But the drinking mission with Lenny was a delight.

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2018, 12:21:44 AM »
the eating thing is driving me nuts. i'm eating like crazy and it is still saying I'm underweight and I keep getting penalized for it

How do you find you're getting penalized? I haven't noticed any negative effects even though I know it says in the game if you're underweight it affects your health but improves stamina.

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2018, 02:12:09 AM »

How do you find you're getting penalized? I haven't noticed any negative effects even though I know it says in the game if you're underweight it affects your health but improves stamina.

it says under the "player" menu if you go to the underweight tab

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2018, 02:36:59 AM »
FYI there is apparently a huge bug (that I have) that removes some of the key gang members from the camp except for when they are in story missions

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/10/red_dead_redemption_2_bug_potentially_removing_key_characters_from_camp

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2018, 02:49:30 AM »
I also think the weight system is bugged also. From what I've been reading it's impossible to get overweight and it's difficult not to be underweight the majority of the game

« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2018, 04:26:09 AM »
I dunno, I've been underweight for a minute and haven't noticed a significant drain on my health.

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2018, 05:35:52 AM »
I’m still average weight or whatever they call it.

All I really ever do is grab a bowl of stew every time I happen to hit my camp.
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2018, 09:55:45 PM »
Caved and bought a copy. It had one of the preorder bonuses attached, so there's that.

Gorgeous game. I'm stoked that Rockstar fixed the third person camera from GTAV, it feels much more solid and less floaty which means third person combat isn't a pain in the ass. I'm eagerly awaiting the online mode.

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2018, 07:28:35 AM »
Finally finished the main storyline. All in all a pretty incredible achievement, I'm not sure if it'll have the replay level of GTA for me but the writing and acting in this were probably the best I've ever seen in a video game.

The emotional aspect of the game is what sets it apart. The feelings I had when Sean, Hosea and Lenny got killed were all ones of genuine sadness and sorrow. I teared up big time when Arthur said goodbye to his horse and when he's diagnosed with TB. I genuinely wanted Micah dead and felt legitimate frustration with Dutch. I was incredibly happy when John proposes to Abby with the ring that Mary gave to Arthur. I can't recall ever feeling this invested in the characters of a game and what their outcomes would be.

And Sadie Adler is the realest chick ever.

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2018, 11:28:10 AM »
the horse death was the worst for me since I used the same one the whole game

• Laz
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2018, 05:51:26 AM »
I bawled when Arthur is riding back to camp to confront Micah and the various good things people said about him play over the music. Jesus Christ that was hard.

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2018, 12:55:02 AM »
anyone play the online yet?

• Laz
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2018, 01:52:26 AM »
Two of my friends have. They've both said it's clearly designed for having multiple friends on at once, and it looks like R* mashed the original RDO with what GTAO is to varying degrees of success.

• Laz
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2018, 10:37:27 AM »
Just beat this. The Epilogue is a chore but a bit of a necessity to tie off loose ends and set up RDR1, but hot damn was it incredible. I laughed, I cried, and the music for the bigger action scenes was so on point that I couldn't help but feel wholly invested.

9.5/10, with only the grind of the Epilogue and Chapter 5 standing out as being lame.
Fuck Micah.

Offline Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2018, 11:00:25 AM »
I’m only starting chapter 4. I’m stretching this fucker out. I feel like I can guess how it’s going to end though.

Loving the game. After it opens up a little it’s so enjoyable.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2018, 12:00:21 PM »
I’ve just arrived at Saint Denis and did a few missions. I’m already starting to work out what’s gonna happen.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2018, 01:59:17 PM »
I'm still on chapter 3 because I'm still just running around hunting and exploring.  I bought an Arabian so getting around is a lot faster.  I'm not hugely into the story yet but I think some pretty serious stuff is going down soon since I just went to the party in Saint Denis.

• Laz
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2018, 02:55:37 PM »
Chapters 4 and 6 are marvelous. Y'all are in for a treat.

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2018, 11:30:53 PM »
I noticed once the epilogue opens up that riding around in the south I came across a broken oil rig with a wooden sign that read "Plainview". Somebody at Rockstar is a There Will Be Blood fan!

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2018, 09:59:44 AM »
Just finished Chapter 6. One of the strongest finishes to a game I've ever played. Arthur Morgan has rocketed to the top of best protagonists in gaming history.

Yes, fuck Micah.  I couldn't remember if he shows up in the original so I was waiting to put a bullet in his brain, but I guess that's for Marston to do.

Now it seems like a whole new game has started and I honestly am fine with it.  I want to see how they set up where John is at the start of the original.

Offline Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2018, 10:04:51 AM »
Without spoilers I just got off the island recently. Glad that didn’t linger too long. While I’m loving the game. I feel like I’m ok with it coming to an end.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2019, 02:26:05 AM »
Just finished Chapter 6. One of the strongest finishes to a game I've ever played. Arthur Morgan has rocketed to the top of best protagonists in gaming history.

Yes, fuck Micah.  I couldn't remember if he shows up in the original so I was waiting to put a bullet in his brain, but I guess that's for Marston to do.

Now it seems like a whole new game has started and I honestly am fine with it.  I want to see how they set up where John is at the start of the original.

Best game ive played from a narative POV... tho The Last of Us is right up there.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2019, 04:22:56 PM »
I guess I can see how people say the Epilogue can be kind of a slog but I'm really enjoying it.  Sadie becoming a badass bounty hunter is great and I love going out on missions with her.  I don't remember if she is in the original either, so I'm kind of dreading her being killed by Micah or something.  Also, the song that plays during the house building scene is fucking delightful.

This game is really making me want to start up the original again as soon as I finish it.

• Laz
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2019, 04:49:46 PM »
The slog is really just the build to Sadie's return, following John working as a ranch hand and building the house and whatnot. It's not too bad, really, but to follow Arthur's death with that is a tonal shift that feels worse than it is.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2019, 10:00:13 PM »
You know it’s ironic as hell that the story was
dutch needing one big score so they could all live in happiness. When I ended the main Arthur story with about 5k. That was through hunting, fishing etc so if they had all actually worked for it they could have went legit.