Author Topic: DEADPOOL 2  (Read 3495 times)

Description:

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
Re: DEADPOOL 2
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2018, 09:52:17 AM »
The first one didn't hold up to repeat viewings, but was good fun the first time around.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2018, 01:38:22 AM »
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2018, 12:42:27 AM »

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/03/21/deadpool-2-has-better-test-screenings-than-the-first-movie

THR reports the sequel scored a 98 in one screening and a 94 in another screening, while the first Deadpool's highest test screening was only a 91. Fox will be using the 98-scoring cut of the film, according to THR.

Offline Flik

• Rocking My Old Graphic Works
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2018, 04:29:23 AM »
Hm. Terry Crews is playing someone. Wasn't expecting that. Neato.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2018, 07:01:10 AM »
Hm. Terry Crews is playing someone. Wasn't expecting that. Neato.

Terry Crews in dreads as Bishop, please
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Conspiracy_Victim

• MY WHOLE BRAIN IS CRYING!
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2018, 06:55:44 PM »
The quick shot in the trailer of Deadpool going through headshots for X-Force hopefuls has one of Terry labelled "Bedlam".  So, Jessie "Bedlam" Aaronson it apparently is.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2018, 02:43:22 PM »
[img width=800

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin!
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2018, 12:56:44 AM »
Damn, a 98 test scoring sounds amazing. Also interesting that the studio has decided to go with that cut, which makes me wonder what cuts of other films get scored and shown (or not shown perhaps).

For comparison, GOTG 2 supposedly scored 100 and Iron Man 3 & Avengers both scored in the high 90s in their test screenings.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2018, 01:48:14 AM »
[img width=800

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2018, 04:57:27 AM »
Got my ticket for Tuesday, 5/22 for the 11:15 AM showing. Ticket came out to $5.00 instead of the still deal saving $6.29 so that's always a nice bonus.

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2018, 02:47:05 PM »
Just got back. Loved it. Much better than the first in nearly every department. The whole cast nails it out of the park, but Zazie Beetz stands out. She's going to be a major star.

Stick around during the credits. It's pretty funny.
Maybe the real deep state was the friends we made along the way.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2018, 02:04:02 AM »
Zazie is the best - I can't wait to see her in this movie.

Offline Phenomena

• Jennifer Has A Few Million Close Friends. She's Going To Need Them All.
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2018, 11:36:43 AM »
I'll echo what Laz said-better than the original (which doesn't hold up upon a repeat viewing) in every way. Also, as a man whose grown tired of how action is handled in a lot of comic book movies, this thing is a Godsend. Best superhero action in AGES. I'll also echo that Zazie Beetz steals the show here, though Brolin is the Cable I've wanted on the big screen since I was a kid.

Spoiler: show
The "jumping out of a plane" scene is the hardest I've laughed at something in a more recent comedy in forever.

Oh, and Peter. Just Peter.

I AM THE CHEESE! I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW!! I AM BETTER THAN BOTH THE SALAMI AND THE BOLOGNA COMBINED!!

people will tell me shit like "oh you cant say kofi annan was no fap. no evidence" and i say, how dare you sully a mans grave, with politics

• Laz
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2018, 02:34:22 PM »
Saw this a second time tonight. I'm going to echo Gary's praise of the action, as it was all so fluid and shot/edited with a good balance of style and meat. The variation in the types of action, too, make each scene an absolute delight.

That's why I don't care for most MCU offerings. The action generally follows the same format - punch a bunch of CG baddies, use your power on some, etc. - and this offers so many different takes on the same pairings. They're beautiful and I don't think I've enjoyed such a smorgasbord in the theater since the first Expendables.

Also...
When Wade and Ness are watching Yentl, Wade says "does this sound familiar," prompting the discussion of his father. This also works as a dual timeline thing given one of the in-credits scenes.

Offline Phenomena

• Jennifer Has A Few Million Close Friends. She's Going To Need Them All.
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2018, 10:22:45 AM »

I AM THE CHEESE! I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW!! I AM BETTER THAN BOTH THE SALAMI AND THE BOLOGNA COMBINED!!

people will tell me shit like "oh you cant say kofi annan was no fap. no evidence" and i say, how dare you sully a mans grave, with politics

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2018, 07:07:10 AM »
Just saw it today and enjoyed it a lot. Probably a solid 8/10 although I don't know if I'd put it ahead of the 1st completely. At times it felt like the quipping of the first got overused slightly in this one (namely the
feet regeneration scene
) and some characters kind of got back-seated a bit (mainly Negasonic Teenage Warhead, which was a shame as I loved her in the first movie).
Killing off Vanessa
was ballsy as hell and immediately set the tone for this.

The action scenes were tighter than the first movie although the editing was still too fast paced to make it easy to follow at certain times. A lot of sped up editing which kind of made it hard to tell exactly how Mook 1 and 5 were killed by Deadpool, which was kind of annoying especially when he's killing multiple people in a singular action sequence. The differentiation in the action scenes was great though and had some pretty unique moments.

I liked the plot here more than the first as it had more depth to it. The use of Cable was very well done as a simultaneous story to what Deadpool is going through and Brolin was very good in the role. The concept of family was done well although I didn't care much for Russell so... whatever. The
plane scene from X-Force name to the dead bodies
was a total highlight of the movie for me. Domino was a scene stealer and the Deadpool/Yukio bits stayed entertaining.

With all that said, I enjoyed the romance element of the first and the whole Deadpool backstory/revenge aimed at Francis more than this film's plot despite its lack of depth. I just found the first more entertaining personally (and its action scenes were pretty good too) so it's hard to say that Deadpool 2 is easily better than the first for me although I can see why others feel that way.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2018, 01:20:09 AM »

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2018, 01:23:17 PM »
I loved this so much. Deadpool is my favourite comic character and I had thought the first movie did a great job getting him down but this blew it out of the water. Almost all of the jokes hit  which is very hard for this style of humor.  The buildup to the
juggernaut
was fantastic. The plane scene and after credits both had me in stitches.

I went to this today at 2:35pm and it still had like 20 people at it so I was pretty impressed at the staying power.

Online Epic Reine

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2018, 02:25:41 PM »
Finally caught this tonight. I actually had no clue
Juggernaut
was in this so that was a pleasant surprise. Some jokes fell flat but the Dave Matthews dig was probably the best dig out of both films. Overall, I'm not too sure this tops the first one but I enjoyed it. Zazie Beetz is awesome.

Online Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • Death Pool Winner
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2018, 12:13:04 AM »
Was anyone else rooting against the kid?

• Laz
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2018, 01:26:16 AM »
Yep. I think that was the point, though.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2018, 12:49:54 PM »
The list of home video special features just got released and there is a possibility we see a live action version of a famous X-men villain for the first time in one.  Will spoiler-tag in case someone classifies it as such but the character's name is in the title of the feature - so either it is a Deadpool gag or you will know before you see it anyway

Feature called Chess with Omega Red so possibility we see an appearance of Omega Red
[img width=800