Author Topic: Fighting with My Family: A Paige Biopic  (Read 1146 times)

Description:

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Fighting with My Family: A Paige Biopic
« on: February 09, 2017, 04:35:02 AM »
The Rock is going to produce a WWE Studios film, Fighting with My Family based on Paige and her family and the documentary about them from the UK.

The Rock's involvement would make it seem like this may be a little bit larger scale than the normal WWE Studios straight to DVD fare but this will also be directed by Stephen Merchant.  Casting was announced today and while I am unfamiliar with the youngish actors playing Paige and her brother, it sounds like the parents will be Lena Headley and Nick Frost.  Rock is also slated for a cameo appearance.

I'm already interested in this project.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Former Faithless Fool

• KOAB
Re: Fighting with My Family: A Paige Biopic
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 04:59:53 AM »
Benicio del Toro as Alberto Del Rio please.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 05:30:47 AM »
Benicio del Toro as Alberto Del Rio please.

I think Batista as Alberto Del Rio would be better.

DTF

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 07:02:32 AM »
I am not familiar with Paige....what in fact is she fighting with her family about, her career path in professional wrestling?
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 07:03:30 AM »
Her family is in the wrestling biz and raised her in it. They're all carnies and fuckups.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 07:08:57 AM »
Her family is in the wrestling biz and raised her in it. They're all carnies and fuckups.

Color me interested!
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 02:42:05 AM »
Former TNA Knockout Rosita has been cast as a "former Divas champion"  I can only assume that means she is playing AJ Lee, as I assume they would have Paige's title win be a key part of the film
[img width=800

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 02:03:29 AM »
some good pictures from the shoot at RAW

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02/21/first-look-two-paiges-anaj-lee-dwayne-rock-johnsons-fighting-family/

It actually looks like Tessa Blanchard is the Paige stunt double.  Based on the pictures of Rosita, they are not making her quite AJ so I guess they got someone with a similar look but branched off to avoid any potential lawsuit.
[img width=800

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 04:09:22 AM »
Nah, they did the full AJ entrance and mannerisms. Pretty sure she's getting a paycheck of some sort.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 04:22:55 AM »
Interesting.  I just saw the picture of Rosita in the robe so I assumed it was something else.  I mean, if you can't get AJ, Rosita fits the mold just the one picture made it look like they were going for something else.  Guess maybe they figured the jean shorts look wasn't championship enough for movie audiences.
[img width=800

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 07:39:44 AM »
Nah, they did the full AJ entrance and mannerisms. Pretty sure she's getting a paycheck of some sort.

Well, there's also this:

The speculation appears to be that she posted this to indicate that she finally broke down and opened up an Instagram account, but that seems to me like an odd way to describe opening up a social media account, when you were already on social media.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2019, 02:53:06 PM »
Checked my e-mail and I got an invite to a free advance screening of this Tuesday.  Seems odd they are doing this on Tuesday because Smackdown is in town on Tuesday too.
[img width=800

Online fazzle

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2019, 04:50:43 AM »
They're doing it nationwide as I got one too, so I figured I might as well claim it and go suffer for 2 hours.   I'm sure I've seen worse.

Online fazzle

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 01:12:09 PM »
I just got back from seeing this, and I'm of two minds on it.   As a movie, it's actually really well done and surprisingly funny, but as a biopic it's history is kind of a mess.   There are some nitpicky things like Paige being signed by WWE and being immediately sent to NXT instead of FCW.  I get it, WWE wants to keep the branding current and on point but it still bugged me as a wrestling nerd.  There are some things that I have no proof didn't actually happen, but I'd be willing to bet it was added to make a more dramatic film such as
Spoiler: show
 Paige dying her hair blonde and getting a fake tan to try to fit in with the other girls in NXT (who are all Barbie dolls, didn't you know that no woman cared about wrestling in WWE before Paige came around?!) and then flying home for a few days wanting to quit because NXT was just too hard.

Then there was some shit that was just flat out wrong
Spoiler: show
 Paige was presented as someone who was barely struggling to get by in NXT and would freeze up every time she had to perform in front of a live audience.   She finally had one match where she was able to put it all together, and was then sent on a trip to Wrestlemania where they informed her she would be going to the main roster.  Her nearly year long reign as NXT Women's Champion never even happened

All that being said about the historical inaccuracies, it was still a really fun and well done movie so long as you're not looking for a reliable retelling of the events.   Lena Headey and Nick Frost are by far the best part of the movie as Paige's parents.  Probably somewhere in the 7.5/10 range.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 02:32:16 PM »
Here's an article claiming it is getting a good response at Sundance

https://deadline.com/2019/01/dwayne-johnson-fighting-with-my-family-sundance-premiere-1202544350/
[img width=800