Author Topic: Avengers: Infinity War  (Read 3871 times)

Description:

Offline Damaramu

Re: Avengers: Infinity War
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2018, 03:04:03 AM »
Creative decision.  He still has multiple films left and there weee many more interesting characters with not enough screen time.

This is true, but I was really afraid that we were only going to get bits and pieces of every hero. I though the people that needed the screen time got what they needed....except Cap. I think Cap needed more time. 

I feel it successfully managed to integrate everyone without being a jumbled mess which (based on other movies with a lot going on) seemed difficult to do.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2018, 04:58:26 AM »
Got my ticket to see the 11:30 AM showing tomorrow. Very excited!

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2018, 05:08:56 PM »
I liked the movie quite a bit. This’ll be a random jumble of whatnot. 

Appreciated how much screen time Doctor Strange got in this one. Him, Thor, and the GOTG seemed to get a ton of story in this one.

Thanos’ goon squad didn’t do much for me. Maw was cool. I think he was the only one name dropped even. And that would have been easy to miss.

Thanos and Killmonger make for such great villains. I think it really helps that there is actual sympathy for their characters at times. And they really believe that what they’re doing is right.

The man in the cloak... pretty damn cool.

Spoiler: show
seems to be a theory online that I caught the moment it happened. People were questioning why Strange handed over the time stone so easily. I assumed when he saw the one outcome where they won that this act played a part.

I didn’t mind seeing Loki go. The character had run its course. And Heimdall never really did much for me. Even though Idris is great. With Asgard being gone the didn’t seem to have too much more purpose anyway.

The Gamora and Vision deaths didn’t surprise me. After finding love it started the countdown. And on that note I think Hulk was scared to come out and won’t do so until Widow’s life is in danger... and wouldn’t be shocked to see him die either.

Not the world’s biggest Vision fan, but it seemed like he was only there to get his ass kicked this time around. Every scene he was in it felt like he was getting stabbed.

The finger “deaths”... I dunno. Panther and Spider-Man have sequels lined up. So I’m sure that’s nothing really. But Tom Holland is a terrific Spider-Man. The whole thing about not wanting to die, it’s easy to forget that the character is just a kid. He’s great.

Rocket vowing to get Bucky’s arm was my favorite little laugh of the movie. Thor running down how every member of his family died was another.

I haven’t been a marvel comic reader in a long time. While I don’t know a ton about this captain marvel I do like the set up at the end. Really makes her feel like a super big character already.

Offline Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2018, 05:10:40 PM »
Damn. DP

Offline skullman80

• Metalhead
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2018, 08:44:13 PM »
Movie was amazing. They did it perfectly. Thanos was the man. Everyone had a chance to shine. Need to see it a second time, but damn was it good.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2018, 06:01:37 AM »
Really liked this but by the end it was so emotionally exhausting that I can't quite go high on this one. 7.5/10

The Guardian characters were the highlight of the film, almost to the detriment of the film itself as it felt like there was too much humor being injected even in the midst of all these battles going on elsewhere. Biggest laugh from the crowd came from the Footloose line/reference.

Thanos was fantastic and the menace/deaths were so well done that I was never quite certain when or how a character might be killed even nearing the end of the movie. They also built up the Scarlet Witch/Vision stuff very well considering there really wasn't a ton of screen time devoted to that (I kind of would've liked to see more just from an emotional impact sense).

I actually liked Hulk not coming out. Thanos
killed Loki and decimated the entire group, including Hulk
and it would make sense that a character wouldn't want to die if they truly believed that would be the outcome. I also wish there was more of Captain America and even the other Avengers ala Black Widow and such. It felt like some of them got shortchanged in comparison to the heavily utilization of the other Guardian characters (especially Quill, Gamora, and Rocket even).

Not many of the deaths really hit me outside of
Spider-Man, solely because of Holland's acting in that scene
although
the tension of Gamora's death was kind of nullified because it was such a drawn out scene that was "obvious" to the viewer what was coming.

I too thought there was a deeper meaning to Doctor Strange giving up the stone. The fact they outright said the team won only 1 time in like 164 Million different variations was a little too on the nose for my liking tbh.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2018, 08:34:13 AM »
Really liked this but by the end it was so emotionally exhausting that I can't quite go high on this one. 7.5/10

The Guardian characters were the highlight of the film, almost to the detriment of the film itself as it felt like there was too much humor being injected even in the midst of all these battles going on elsewhere. Biggest laugh from the crowd came from the Footloose line/reference.

Thanos was fantastic and the menace/deaths were so well done that I was never quite certain when or how a character might be killed even nearing the end of the movie. They also built up the Scarlet Witch/Vision stuff very well considering there really wasn't a ton of screen time devoted to that (I kind of would've liked to see more just from an emotional impact sense).

I actually liked Hulk not coming out. Thanos
killed Loki and decimated the entire group, including Hulk
and it would make sense that a character wouldn't want to die if they truly believed that would be the outcome. I also wish there was more of Captain America and even the other Avengers ala Black Widow and such. It felt like some of them got shortchanged in comparison to the heavily utilization of the other Guardian characters (especially Quill, Gamora, and Rocket even).

Not many of the deaths really hit me outside of
Spider-Man, solely because of Holland's acting in that scene
although
the tension of Gamora's death was kind of nullified because it was such a drawn out scene that was "obvious" to the viewer what was coming.

I too thought there was a deeper meaning to Doctor Strange giving up the stone. The fact they outright said the team won only 1 time in like 164 Million different variations was a little too on the nose for my liking tbh.

strange saying “I had to do it” is some serious foreshadowing It’s bound to have a factor in thanos eventually being taken down and balance restored. However why didn’t strange just sacrifice himself in a time loop like he did damaru.

Offline pujoljunkie

• Old Navy / Diet Snapple Publishing Group
  • CXF Writer
  • PujolJunkie
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2018, 09:11:31 AM »
I feel like by being brief in my initial post I made it sound like I hated this movie. I didn't hate it. I just thought it was pretty meh. Thought it was pretty bloated and disjointed. I feel like the people saying "it's amazing that they could even do this!" are kind of correct but also kind of not. Like sure, they "did it" but they did so by the skin of their teeth and I'm not one to grade on a curve.

I think this movie is a good hang but not much more than that. But Civil War is probably my least favorite movie of all time so maybe I have a certain bias I can't get over.

Offline Ut Ot

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2018, 09:32:12 AM »
Well, damn... don't tell me about any movies you actually didn't like, then.

Offline Bladelock

• brock lock
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2018, 04:50:24 PM »
I loved this. I was expecting a big dumb spectacle, but they managed to squeeze out a lot of emotion and pathos for the characters. I was fine with the usage of every character. I absolutely loved Doctor Strange in this. Benedict Wong stole all of his scenes at the beginning of the movie as well. I'm probably not as high on The Guardians as everyone else, but I thought they were good although Pratt as Starlord kind of gets on my nerves after a while. Batista is awesome as Drax and almost all of his lines got a laugh from me. Tom Holland might be the best Spider-Man already and is a fantastic actor. And Josh Brolin was absolutely fantastic as Thanos. I was skeptical from the appearances in other movies and purple jacked Bruce Willis look, but he was pitch perfect. The look was much better than in the trailers for me as well.

The deaths were all pretty powerful to me. Maybe it's because the audience was audibly upset at some of them like the Peter Parker, T'Challa, and Peter Quill ones. I don't read comics and am only familiar with the movies/video game appearances, so the hopelessness of the ending caught me off guard and made me enjoy the movie even more.

I thought the dramatic scenes during the end were all well done with the Vision/Scarlet Witch and Peter/Tony scenes being the best. I didn't really care about the Vision/SW love story, but Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany knocked that scene out of the park.

I want to see it again actually. I think this might be one of my favorite movies in the series on first watch. Sorry about the ramble as there is a lot to digest.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2018, 12:24:25 AM »
Okay so theory question on the end:

So I've heard two theories:

1) nobody is dead and they're trapped in the soul stone

2) everyone is dead and eventually someone (it was nebula in the comics, but not sure if it will be her in the movies) will get ahold of the gauntlet and reverse what Thanos did

Also I asked this earlier and didn't get a response. It doesn't seem Thanos is mad with power or wants to rule the universe as evidenced by him sitting content on the farm at the end (which is ripped directly from after he was defeated in the comics) but that he feels he has to do this.
Is this all because of what happened on his planet? He saw the overpopulation and sees himself as a savior for the universe?

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2018, 01:01:04 AM »
I think either one of those scenarios will play out.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2018, 01:54:53 AM »
Also I asked this earlier and didn't get a response. It doesn't seem Thanos is mad with power or wants to rule the universe as evidenced by him sitting content on the farm at the end (which is ripped directly from after he was defeated in the comics) but that he feels he has to do this.
Is this all because of what happened on his planet? He saw the overpopulation and sees himself as a savior for the universe?

Short Answer: Yes. He saw himself as the voice of reason at the time, saw that he basically was right about what would happen, and has internally vowed that it wouldn't happen again under his watch.

Comics wise there are differences in his motivation but I don't think it's worth expanding into that with re: the movie's explanation/background.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2018, 02:15:21 AM »
Yeah, I doubt that Death is going to get involved here if she already isn't.  It seems that Thanos's goal is to bring order through death and destruction, which still makes him mad in a sense but not on a megalomaniacal level with the conquering of the universe as his ultimate endgame.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2018, 03:08:34 AM »
I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the comics. I just started reading the graphic novel and it starts with him already having the gauntlet and wiping everyone out. There are a ton of characters that haven't been and most likely won't be introduced so they are probably going to pick and choose what to put it but have full range of the story of the film.

DTF

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2018, 07:48:27 PM »
Loved this movie. This movie was handled pretty great IMO, The blending and mix and match of various teams, an important enough (and awesome) villain to warrant it, the way they separated the heroes into different groups and story arcs felt far more natural than what you usually get. There was a lot of big "impact" scenes and I thought almost all of them hit.

as a comic reader I don't really care that most of these deaths are going to be undone, that's what comics DO. As long as it has a real impact on everyone and doesn't get totally washed away (there are certain deaths in the comics that even after being "undone" still effect storylines decades later). I think the same can be true for the movies. I get why others may not feel that way though. I LOVED the ending. What a great gut punch. Thanos is right there with Killmonger (and if you can count him Magneto) for greatest Marvel movie villains. Loki should stay dead (or give us Kid Loki for the comic fans) because his arc was totally wrapped up in great fashion.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2018, 05:58:27 AM »
I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the comics. I just started reading the graphic novel and it starts with him already having the gauntlet and wiping everyone out. There are a ton of characters that haven't been and most likely won't be introduced so they are probably going to pick and choose what to put it but have full range of the story of the film.

Yeah I view the movies like I do the Ultimate Universe. It is its own little fun deal separate from the comics, but I do like when they pay homage to the comics and shoot scenes like the Thanos on the farmhouse steps scene.

Offline Bladelock

• brock lock
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2018, 08:54:04 AM »
Loved this movie. This movie was handled pretty great IMO, The blending and mix and match of various teams, an important enough (and awesome) villain to warrant it, the way they separated the heroes into different groups and story arcs felt far more natural than what you usually get. There was a lot of big "impact" scenes and I thought almost all of them hit.

as a comic reader I don't really care that most of these deaths are going to be undone, that's what comics DO. As long as it has a real impact on everyone and doesn't get totally washed away (there are certain deaths in the comics that even after being "undone" still effect storylines decades later). I think the same can be true for the movies. I get why others may not feel that way though. I LOVED the ending. What a great gut punch. Thanos is right there with Killmonger (and if you can count him Magneto) for greatest Marvel movie villains. Loki should stay dead (or give us Kid Loki for the comic fans) because his arc was totally wrapped up in great fashion.

I think Tom Hiddleston is good as Loki, but I was feeling some fatigue for the character in Thor: Ragnarok. I'd be fine if Loki stays dead. I think Gamora, Vision and Maria Hill stay dead as well. Maybe Bucky, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, and Nick Fury if I'm predicting. I don't know if they have any more Captain America films lined up. Guardians (Save for Gamora), Black Panther, Spidey, and Doctor Strange are coming back.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2018, 09:08:44 AM »

I think Tom Hiddleston is good as Loki, but I was feeling some fatigue for the character in Thor: Ragnarok. I'd be fine if Loki stays dead. I think Gamora, Vision and Maria Hill stay dead as well. Maybe Bucky, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, and Nick Fury if I'm predicting. I don't know if they have any more Captain America films lined up. Guardians (Save for Gamora), Black Panther, Spidey, and Doctor Strange are coming back.

James Gunn made statements before that the Guardians team was supposed to be the same team for the entire trilogy of Guardians films, so I expect Gamora to come back.  No Captain Americas are planned but I feel like Falcon comes back and they do the Falcon Captain America like the comics did.  There is also some early fan speculation the events of this film lead to Miles Morales in the MCU seeing as Sony is doing the animated Miles movie out this Christmas and Avengers 4 is supposed to take a significant leap of time passing
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2018, 01:19:39 PM »
I could see something like

Cap and/or Iron Man using the Infinity gauntlet together (too powerful for just one we have to work together bs) and sacrificing themselves to either bring back everyone or do like a total reset which would bring the X-Men into the MCU. Bucky and War Machine take over as Cap and Iron Man and we get a post credits scene of Logan (he's said he would come back to do an Avengers movie) waking up in NYC or something like that.

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2018, 12:36:27 AM »
Caught a late showing last night. Holyyyyyyyyyy shit.

So how quickly did y'all notice the only ones left are the original team?

Offline Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2018, 02:40:38 AM »
I know they used it twice in Ragnarok. But it would have been cool if The Immigrant Song played when Thor showed up at the end.

There were only two songs listed in the credits. Black Panther’s theme  and the song the Guardians were jamming to when they were introduced. I consider GOTG music a spoiler since it’s always a movie highlight.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2018, 04:08:07 AM »
I marked as it was but if they'd played Immigrant Song I'd probably have outright cheered.

• Laz
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2018, 07:16:54 AM »
Infinity War falls victim to many of the same trappings as other MCU fare - rushed character development in favor of action sequences, one liners undercutting palpable dramatic tension, a general feeling of status quo over risk - but rises above it by tying all of the intersecting arcs and characters together in a way no other MCU entry has since the first Avengers. This was a long-term plan and, unlike most of Phase II or Phase III?

It worked.

This movie took guts. We all know Infinity War 2 is coming down the line, that was known from the get go, but that this movie stacks the odds so heavily in the antagonist's is such a breath of fresh air after so many disappointing villains. I didn't even care for half of the casualties as characters and their collective demise was still a gut punch.

7.5/10

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2018, 08:02:24 AM »
I know they used it twice in Ragnarok. But it would have been cool if The Immigrant Song played when Thor showed up at the end.

There were only two songs listed in the credits. Black Panther’s theme  and the song the Guardians were jamming to when they were introduced. I consider GOTG music a spoiler since it’s always a movie highlight.

RUBBER BAND MAN!

Offline Aero

« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2018, 10:08:20 AM »
Saw this a second time over the weekend, and loved it just as much as the first viewing.

Infinity War falls victim to many of the same trappings as other MCU fare - rushed character development in favor of action sequences, one liners undercutting palpable dramatic tension, a general feeling of status quo over risk - but rises above it by tying all of the intersecting arcs and characters together in a way no other MCU entry has since the first Avengers. This was a long-term plan and, unlike most of Phase II or Phase III?

I assume you have some specific instances in mind, so with most characters getting multiple movies of character development ahead of this one, who did you think was shortchanged? A criticism I've seen that I can understand is that Gamora's relationship with Thanos maybe could have been explored a bit more in GOTG Vol. 2, since it plays such a major role here.

The one liners have definitely been an issue in other ones, but I didn't mind most of them here. With all the new character pairings, many of the ones here almost felt earned, if that makes sense. "I am Groot" and "I am Steve Rogers", is the first one that came to mind.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2018, 11:23:27 AM »
The ending didn't gut punch me as hard as it should have because I didn't realize how long into the movie it was. I kept waiting for a protagonist to over turn what was happening. Once the credits hit I was stunned.

Also James Gunn has said,
Groot's last word was "Dad" to Rocket.

• Laz
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2018, 12:55:53 AM »
I assume you have some specific instances in mind, so with most characters getting multiple movies of character development ahead of this one, who did you think was shortchanged? A criticism I've seen that I can understand is that Gamora's relationship with Thanos maybe could have been explored a bit more in GOTG Vol. 2, since it plays such a major role here.
It's less that things felt short changed and more that there wasn't much space for weighty events to breathe. I'd say the action sequences in the first half could've been cut shorter and a little tighter to allow [PIVOTAL CHARACTER]'s return more importance, [OTHER PIVOTAL CHARACTER]'s early death seem less one of fodder, etc. This is an issue I have with the majority of the MCU, mind you, and one I tend to have with modern blockbusters in general.
The one liners have definitely been an issue in other ones, but I didn't mind most of them here. With all the new character pairings, many of the ones here almost felt earned, if that makes sense. "I am Groot" and "I am Steve Rogers", is the first one that came to mind.
Many of them were fine, but a lot of Stark's felt like a Mad Lib where RDJ was directed by the line "okay, now say something to undercut the tension." Still, though, their placement was predictable and rushed. The movie is 2.5 hours and feels it, and I can't help but think some minor edits and the allowance of certain scenes to breathe more would've helped.

Though, again, it's still a fine movie. Better than most of the MCU and miles ahead of Age of Ultron.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2018, 01:00:52 AM »
It's less that things felt short changed and more that there wasn't much space for weighty events to breathe. I'd say the action sequences in the first half could've been cut shorter and a little tighter to allow [PIVOTAL CHARACTER]'s return more importance, [OTHER PIVOTAL CHARACTER]'s early death seem less one of fodder, etc. This is an issue I have with the majority of the MCU, mind you, and one I tend to have with modern blockbusters in general.
Many of them were fine, but a lot of Stark's felt like a Mad Lib where RDJ was directed by the line "okay, now say something to undercut the tension." Still, though, their placement was predictable and rushed. The movie is 2.5 hours and feels it, and I can't help but think some minor edits and the allowance of certain scenes to breathe more would've helped.

Though, again, it's still a fine movie. Better than most of the MCU and miles ahead of Age of Ultron.

Whaaaat this movie flew by. When it ended I was actually caught off guard.

Offline Bladelock

• brock lock
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2018, 01:22:57 AM »
Yeah, I thought this flew by as well. I felt the length in other Marvel movie movies and even something like The Last Jedi, but this almost felt like something was happening in every scene. I could see the complaint that maybe too much was happening and it was overbearing.

Offline Ut Ot

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2018, 02:05:10 AM »
I'm starting to think that maybe Corey just doesn't like superhero movies that much... Which is fine, but then makes me wonder why he keeps watching them?

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2018, 02:09:22 AM »
He didn't like A Quiet Place, either.

• Laz
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2018, 02:41:36 AM »
I've given the movie a 7.5/10. How the hell is that "not liking" it? I just acknowledge there are flaws that hampered my enjoyment.

And A Quiet Place sucked.

Offline Ut Ot

« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2018, 02:49:28 AM »
:: shrugs ::

Between this thread, and your comments in the Black Panther thread, it seemed like a fair assessment; I'm less concerned with the 'score' you gave them than I am with what you actually had to say about what you thought about the movies.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2018, 03:35:03 AM »
When the initial conflict happened, I thought it was going to be a "just kidding there's a real tornado the danger isn't here yet." But no, boom, let's go! And we were off to the races.

If this were DC we'd get the Batman backstory told in flashback, again.

(I've been digging everything DC since MOS)

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2018, 09:01:48 AM »
Corey would’ve liked A Quiet Place if it had shitty CGI and the monsters raped the entire family while cracking corny one liners

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2018, 10:40:28 AM »
Wait, that's not what happens? SHIT.

I need to call fandango and cancel my tickets.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2018, 05:32:03 AM »
Waited a few weeks to let the crowds clear out....saw it Friday in the IMAX 3D format.....more immersive of an experience than perhaps I've ever had in an IMAX before since this was the first movie filmed with the IMAX cameras start to finish and it showed in the output. Absolutely amazing and jaw dropping spectacle from a visual and auditory aspect.

As for the film itself, impressively written for sure. Yes, alot of one liners, some in strange awkward times when shit was hitting the fan hard, but that's really the only real legit critique I would nail down as well as that some characters like Bucky, Widow, etc were not given balanced out time compared to others. But how DO you balance out all of these characters fairly when there is so many and so many sub-storylines as well? That said, they really fleshed it out as good as they really could.

I spent over a week watching 10 pivotal MCU films to lead into this (all 3D blurays except a second viewing of Panther in the theaters), so it was an absolute treat to then follow it up with this.

The runtime could have been another half hour and honestly I would have been ok with it. It flew the fuck by so fast.

Re: Hulk and why he wasnt able to hulk back up....wasn't there something in Ragnarok that because he was in Hulk mode so much on that planet, that it was going to be harder for Banner to turn back more and more? Seemed a bit of foreshadowing of Infinity War in that aspect.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2018, 06:00:23 AM »
Ragnarok had Banner concerned that he wouldnt transform back into Banner. Infinity war completely flipped it.

Offline YEAAAAAH, WE DID IT AGAIN!

• NEVERMORE YOUR WHIPPING BOY!
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2018, 07:19:33 AM »
Finally saw it today. I like it a lot...but I feel like at the end of the day I couldn't bring myself to loving it.

Positives:

-Everyone here brings their acting A-game. Brolin in particular brings it, but I was shocked by how much I liked Chris Pratt in this. Probably the best dramatic acting I've seen from him.

-I love it when the good guy wins.

-The cameos are all great. Sure, everyone is probably ecstatic over
Peter Dinkledge
, but I'm just happy to see
William Hurt
getting work.

-Mantis is my favorite Guardian.
"WE KICK NAMES AND TAKE ASS!"

-There's actually a great balance between humor and genre-among some of the best I've seen in a Marvel movie, and bringing to mind the likes of "Black Panther" and "Wonder Woman" when it comes to that.

-I love how the end credits just roll to black instead of the colorful CGI we usually get-though I do enjoy that too. It's just the former felt so appropriate here.

So the positives outweigh the negatives. However, the negatives really stick out to me. They are

-Thanos is great, but I couldn't have given less of a shit about those working for them. The fact that one of them is played by Carrie Coon, and that they couldn't make her interesting is especially grievous. You do not waste an actress of that caliber on a generic henchman role.

-At first, the action scenes are really good. Then the third act occurs, and a lot of it becomes the standard "CGI overkill, muddy colors and over stylized action" that really plagues these movies. They really need to do something about that.

-The Russo brothers really do love the "Alien" movies. While it sometimes works, the Xenomorph wannabe's really stuck out like a sore thumb. Wish they had come up with a different design.

All in all, it's pretty enjoyable, and probably my favorite of the "Avengers" movies (the first one is decent but not anything spectacular upon rewatch, and "Age of Ultron" kinda  sucked) and it's definitely worth a watch. I just feel like it could've been great but it ended up being good instead.

yes i am a "HO"

Honorable

Offline Ut Ot

« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2018, 10:51:35 AM »
I have a generally low opinion of Reddit, but this thing that's happening with the ThanosDidNothingWrong subreddit is lowkey amazing.

Apparently, after the sub hit 100K subscribers, the users themselves started petitioning the mods to ban half of them, for balance.

The mods agreed, and it's happening tomorrow night.

They even got acknowledgement from Josh Brolin, via the Russos:

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2018, 04:39:19 PM »
Well at least they're not losing much with being banned from Reddit.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2018, 03:40:23 PM »
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2018, 03:00:11 PM »
Just stumbled upon an article stating that another Howard the Duck cameo was cut from his film, however the Russo’s were going to recast the voice from Seth Green to Ken Jeong

https://screenrant.com/avengers-infinity-war-script-howard-duck-cameo/
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2019, 05:05:16 AM »
This went up on Netflix last week and apparently people went up in arms about Netflix's original description which read:

Superheroes amass to stop intergalactic sociopath Thanos from acquiring a full set of Infinity Stones and wiping out half of all life in the universe

Enough people were upset that Netflix referred to Thanos as a sociopath that they changed the synopsis.  Do people really have nothing better to do anymore?
[img width=800

Offline Epic for the Summer

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2019, 05:06:07 AM »
That's the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Offline Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2019, 05:52:06 AM »
That's the dumbest thing I've ever read.

I mean... yeah.

I know we’re way too touchy as a society as it is. But this is a little more pathetic.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2019, 05:57:04 AM »
But.. he is a sociopath.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2019, 06:46:44 AM »
The whole thing was a marketing stunt by netflix. They were trying to get a reaction from a small handful of people on social media, they got one, and changed it. Tons of articles written before, during and after.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2019, 04:43:52 AM »
Age of ultron was on tv last night and it’s the first time I’ve watched it in years. Absolutely loved it and I’m now committed to watching the entire MCU in chronolical order (except for hulk cause fuck that movie) in buildup to endgame.